Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea - Match Thread
Vendetta 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Since there is no Talk Room for now, I decided to make a match thread on here.

Line-ups

Atletico Madrid: Thibaut Courtois | Filipe Luís, Diego Godín, Joao Miranda, Juanfran | Gabi, Mario Suárez | Koke, Diego, Raúl García | Diego Costa

*Substitutes from:* Dani Aranzubia, Toby Alderweireld, Tiago, Arda Turan, Cristian Rodriguez, Jose Sosa, David Villa

Chelsea: Petr Cech | Ashley Cole, John Terry, Gary Cahill, Cesar Azpilicueta | David Luiz, Mikel, Frank Lampard | Ramires, Torres, Willian

Substitutes from: **Mark Schwarzer, Nathan Aké, Tomas Kalas, Oscar, Marco van Ginkel, Andre Schurrle, Demba Ba

Comments
tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

The winner of CL is playing tomorrow, what a boring Football game, horrible for neutrals...

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@dynastian98

I been following Chelsea for very long time , and I will assure team that Ancelotti acquired was just as same team that Mourinho built . During semifinal against Inter , Mourinho even said nothing is different in Chelsea after his departure . No wonder he beat us comfortably .

@drunkenmonkey @tuan jim You both mates speak lot of sense :))

Exactly , we have injured players and we are expecting tough match at Anfield . I am happy with a score and was happy to see so many disappointed faces at bar and now on this forum :D

@fabryi LOL did not Arsenal tried to park bus in both matches against Bayern and failed miserably ... yeah Mourinho is genius mate and we own London .

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Guys today nor Chelsea neither Atletico Madrid won the game. Todays winner is Liverpool because John Terry and Cech injured.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tiki

Wanted to thumb you up, but I ran out of thumbs ups for the day. :(
Just so you know that I agree. :)

Keisuke 10 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

fabryi, what's your problem?

1. Wow, only thing you retain of the game was the Schwarzer hand, a little detail that happen in almost every game.
  2. Playing defensively = antifootball, yeah man, you must work for FIFA! (I admit we werent fair play in the 6-0 haha)
  3. FA Cup, the cup that everyone don't give a f*ck except Arsenal... :P
    Go to sleep my friend...
fabryi 10 years ago
Arsenal 37 727

@Marcus did you seen the game before Szczesny red card? We parked the bust when we was down to 10 MEN, against best team in the world, not against Atlético Madrid.
@Keiskuke I don't more argue with Chelsea fans like you, you don't have arguments, you can only talk about Arsenal failure, which has totally nothing with this game.

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

yeah, @keisuke chill man.

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think people are getting a bit delusional and confused between today's 0-0 draw, and the 6-0 thumping of Arsenal.

The 6-0 thumping was the type of football you want to see from Chelsea. Quick and powerful counter-attacks to kill the opponent. Today was absolute garbage. It was utter damage limitation, and "anti-football" for the sole purpose that it did nothing to entertain, but just boringly wore on. Sorry Chelsea fans, whatever you say, your team was awfully boring today. And when teams play a boring style, it's what neutral fans have a right to call "anti-football". Because football is all about entertainment to the fans. And if you can't entertain, victory won't feel as sweet to either you or your fans. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I think people are getting a bit delusional and confused between today's 0-0 draw, and the 6-0 thumping of Arsenal.

The 6-0 thumping was the type of football you want to see from Chelsea. Quick and powerful counter-attacks to kill the opponent. Today was absolute garbage. It was utter damage limitation, and "anti-football" for the sole purpose that it did nothing to entertain, but just boringly wore on. Sorry Chelsea fans, whatever you say, your team was awfully boring today. And when teams play a boring style, it's what neutral fans have a right to call "anti-football". Because football is all about entertainment to the fans. :)

Keisuke 10 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Yeah I've only talked about arsenal... (Don't forget other people can read my comment)
You want Lampard a second yellow for this involuntary hand, you are the anti football supporter!
You're just jealous...

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited

@fabryi I genuinely sat and wished for Arsenal to go through and did not criticize tactics that you love to criticize when it comes to Chelsea . I would expect same from fellow EPL fan same kind of support but I guess it is all sour grapes no matter what . You know if English team does not go to final they might consider about cutting that 4th place that Arsenal loves to fight for in every season ....something to think about .

• History

@fabryi I genuinely sat and wished for Arsenal to go through and did not criticize tactics that you love to criticize when it comes to Chelsea . I would expect from fellow EPL fan same kind of support but I guess it is all sour grapes no matter what . You know if English team does not go to final they might consider about cutting that 4th place that Arsenal loves to fight for in every season ....something to think about .

Marcus2011 10 years ago

When Atletico parked the bus against Barcelona , no one mentioning anything ...hmmm was not like 70% possession for Barcelona ... talk about anti football

tuan_jinn 10 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Dyn gives great argument and hard to deny the entertaining fact. But again, take their injury into consideration

And like @Marcus said, may be I defend for them out of reasonable fact, but may be I feel like if EPL doesn't have a team in final or keep choking in CL, then eventually would cause us other teams more problems... I like Atletico a lot, but I think we should support any English team

fabryi 10 years ago Edited
Arsenal 37 727

I would be totally fine if Chelsea played attacking football like against Arsenal Marcus, then I would agree that they deserve to go through and lift the trophy. Like Wenger said Mourinho was today totally afraid of failure. (Now i can't wait for comments how, trophyless we are and how is Wenger expert of failure)
@tuan Why should I support this style of playing football, when I totally hate it?

• History

I would be totally fine if Chelsea played attacking football like against Arsenal Marcus, then I would agree that they deserve to go through and lift the trophy. Like Wenger said Mourinho was today totally afraid of failure. (Now i can't wait for comments how, trophyless we are and how is Wenger expert of failure)

rampage 10 years ago Edited
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 5 78

@fabryi do you want to say that Atletico is weak team and them being on top of the La Liga table means nothing ...... ?

• History

@fabryi Also do you want to say that Atletico is weak team and them being on top of the La Liga table means nothing ...... ?

fabryi 10 years ago
Arsenal 37 727

@rampage I never said Atletico is a weak team, but we all know that Bayern got much bigger power now.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Marcus

There's a big difference from Atletico's defending and Chelsea's defending. Atletico, after winning the ball back, did not boot it out as far as they could. They went on the counter and tried to score. In fact, they scored in each leg, and hit the woodwork 4 times in one match. Do you see the difference? United parked the bus against Bayern too, but at least they did something on the counter. That's what deep defending should be like. Stubborn tackling and intercepting, and a quick counter-attack to punish the opponent after winning the ball back. Then, it's not "parking the bus". Then, it becomes "counter-attacking football".

Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Guys if you didn't watch the Barca Vs Atletico game please don't talk Sh!t about it because it's very obvious that you only looked at some stats or watched some highlights. Atletico had more easy goal chances, more shots, more shots on target and could have ended the game 5-0.

Marcus2011 10 years ago

@zakzook was it first match or second match ?

Marcus2011 10 years ago

@dynasitna98 Whatever you explained still same .

We have more things to worry about . In the middle of this two legs we have to play against one of the best attacking teams in Europe away , so it was a smart move from Jose . Hopefully our injuries are just small knocks . Today we Retreat to hit them harder next week .

Keisuke 10 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Zakzook, if you dont even know about which match they were talking, please didn't talk sh!t...