Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Am I the only one pissed off after the Man Utd - Chelsea game?
Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Seriously, that was a cheap game, and INCREDIBLY unlucky for Chelsea.

First of all, the own goal IMO was a piece of shitty luck for David Luiz. The ball hits the post from RVP's shot and just hits him in the ass and goes in. The second goal was fine, it was just bad defending by Chelsea and a great play from United.

Mata's free kick was brilliant, and so was Ramires' goal. What I have a problem with is the red card for Torres. Ivanovic, IMO, was unlucky. I think he was holding on to Young's shirt, and ended up hitting him in the foot by accident. I would say that that's a red card as well since Ivanovic stopped a goal scoring opportunity. Now, Torres' one is arguable. His foot hits the defenders foot/heel (Evans I believe?) and he falls down clutching his ankle. You can say that he dived, but his foot did make enough contact with Evans' heel to trip a running man. Also, the best Torres could possibly get out of that would've been a free kick. Since Evans did NOT intentionally trip him, he wouldn't have gotten a yellow either. BUT, the asshole of a referee decides to give Torres a second yellow. Seriously, what happened to those famous Ashley Youngs and Gareth Bales that happened earlier in the year?

Now, usually yellows are given for dives that are either blatantly obvious, or when a player is trying to win a cheap penalty or possible second yellow card for the opponent. I personally didn't find that a "blatantly obvious dive", Evans had not been booked in the game (and either way, if the referee DID send off Evans, I would call him even more of a retard), and neither would that have been much of a goal-scoring chance anyway (it was about 30 yards from goal). SO, to sum it up, that was basically a 9 vs. 12 for the remaining 20 minutes.

As for Chicharito's goal, it was CLEARLY offside. Seriously, these linesmen go around picking on players who had their pinky toe offside, but they can't catch a player who is 3 yards offside? I will admit it was a hard one to call, since Rafael's ball was a hard shot, not a pass/cross, but the linesman was perfectly positioned to catch Hernandez offside.

Now, as a conclusion, I'm not trying to say that I'm mad at United. I'm mad at the referee. It's a more logical reason to be picking on him because those calls were pretty obvious, and this was a game that could play a part on the league title, and in the most marketable league in the world as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm a neutral fan of the EPL, but this was even shittier refereeing than the games where Barca and Madrid get their asses kissed by the refs.

Comments
expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Don't worry boy, this is only a game. Chelsea will forget it, anyway there are still at the top of the table. Injustice happens, but now match ended.

United_Hates_Blues 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

Im pissed how Evra just stands there and looks at his keeper. 

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I suppose that there were a lot of negatives in this game... but the positive is that it was sure as hell entertaining!

mladen 12 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

why are U mad on United? Ref made mistake and United profit because of that. they done their job. what? U ll blame Glazers or what? Abramovic have more money to buy refs and games! I m not proud on with win,but I m pleased . 

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@ mladen

Are you blind? I said that I'm a neutral fan of the EPL, and I also stated that I'm not mad at United. It's all in my first post ^^^.

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Uncle Roman has the money to buy refs but he doens't. He likes good clean matches. Now lets forget this issue with refs and go on with life. Top of the league baby!

regli11 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 37 227

Im not did u see the match chelsea were at its roughest as they couldnt get the ball of united i mean comon chelsea were playing good at the middle of the game but fucking hell man they were like not goin for the ball i mean there ahould of been way more cards for chelsea they were fucking awful 

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

quikzyyy 12 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

well i don't love chelsea or manu but as a neutral fan i must say something.
0:1 - lucky own goal
0:2 - RVP
1:2 - Mata stunning free kick
2:2 - Ramires 
63' - Ivanovic red card, well he was going alone against Cech but i think he dived it a bit.
63' - Torres red card, I'm not sure but i think he fell just because the ball was too far away and he was trying to get a free kick.
2:3 - Hernanez, yea goal was clearly offside
United should get a penalty after Luiz handball

GumptyBean 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 1 22

Absolutely disgraceful, It needs to stop now, The refs of the premier league are losing it, and too often it is Man u on the other end of the referee's "mistakes". What a mess.

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Regli that is such a biased opinion, Chelsea were far from awful, I think some of the comments in the match highlights from Chelsea fans are highly biased as well.

Ivanovic was rightly sent off, Torres did go down easily, don't think it deserved a yellow, but a stupid thing to do when you're already on a booking, but the Hernandez goal was offside (not the refs fault), but United could easily have had a penalty. 

My conclusion, ref made mistakes on both sides, linesman made a mistake, fair result would have been a draw considering the effort both put in to the game.

Gennady 12 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

A team of ex-officials went over every BPL game from last season to see what mistakes were made. This is how many times a team got lucky/unlucky.  So before saying that all the decisions go our way, have a look at the picture. 

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Was exactly as pissed of by the Sevilla-Barcelona game where Barca cheated...

Can understand you chelsea fans from this game

Keisuke 12 years ago
Chelsea, Japan 0 830

Hernandez is ridiculous, I think its indecent to celebrate this shitty goal after those strange ref decisions...

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

@Gennady: How many of those matches were actually important for ManU and were against a big team?

From BBC's Live Text: Sir Alex Ferguson has admitted that Jonny Evans probably did catch a bit of Fernando Torres as the Chelsea striker attempted to skip by him. But the Manchester United manager says that Torres only has himself to blame for his red card.

I wish Mourinho was still our manager so he could verbally rape SAF. Its like fucking saying you got ran over but its your fault for going out of the house.

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@ Gennady

Like I said, I'm not picking on anyone except for the refs. Your list just proves that refs define the standings far too much than they should. Just look at Man Utd. Assuming that those refs made approx. two mistakes per game, it would still be 8 games that Man Utd unjustly had a red card/free kick against/penalty against/etc. 8 games out of 38. That's 24 points worth. That could've put Man Utd all the way to fifth place last year. This is where you say that referees in the EPL nowadays define the outcome of the game too much. They are too hasty with their decisions. It's like they think that defining the outcome of the game will make them popular or something.

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@ knibis

This is a thread solely about the EPL. Please take your arguments to a thread where they belong. Seriously, neither Sevilla nor Barca are your favorite teams, so why are you posting that here?

Shnadsy 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 1 65

This weekend was a disaster for the referees in my opinion. Arsenals goal was miles offside as was the Manchester United goal discussed. Liverpool were also robbed of 3 points. I agree something should be done, but what...?

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

nice "whosufferedthemost" stats you got there, is it possible to find one for 2011-2012 season in Spain