Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

UCL Draws
awais007 9 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

Comments
joethedrumma 9 years ago
Arsenal, Switzerland 3 881

Seems about right with the strength ratio! But I think that's the perfect strength ratio for Basel. Because usually when they play weaker sides, they turn the heat down a bit and might lose. But when they're stronger they're cautious and perform quite well. But when the opponent is even stronger than that (like Real Madrid), then they usually don't stand a chance! But that's just the way I see it :P

Lilywhite 9 years ago Edited
28 468

@tikitaka, oh please. Read my whole post. you lied about Apoel :) and I never thumbed myself up. seems like you did it with a thumb and I get here seconds after your comment. busteed :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

oh please. Read my whole post. you lied about Apoel :) and I never thumbed myself up. seems like you did it with a thumb and I get here seconds after your comment. busteed :)

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

^ Sad guy.

joethedrumma 9 years ago
Arsenal, Switzerland 3 881

@tiki_taka chill dude. I thumbed him up right now, because he gave a good explanation. Lilywhite is right, it's football. Everyone has their own opinion and if you don't agree you can talk about it in a non-judging way.

Lilywhite 9 years ago Edited
28 468

@joethedrumma, agree, Basel is "not-so-good" against poor sides and the absolute top sides, but against good sides they are "one of the best".

@tikitaka, aha, thats a bit awkward for you. Lets keep this discussion about footbal should we? ;)

• History

@joethedrumma, agree, Basel is "not-so-good" against poor sides and the absolute top sides, but against good sides they are "one of the best".

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

Anyway thank you for thumbing me up, we both know the truth and you understand that i lost some of my respect for you, last time we argue for sure have a good day :)

Ok joe, i was wondering how dumb would he be doing it again while i just made the remark, anyway its not the first time, lets wait until the round of 16 ends up...

• History

Anyway thank you for thumbing me up, we both know the truth and you understand that i lost some of my respect for you, last time we argue for sure have a good day :)

Ok joe, i was wondering how dumb would he be doing it again while i just made the remark, anyway its not the first time, anyway lets wait until the round of 16 ends up...

Lilywhite 9 years ago
28 468

Tbh your respect for me is not very important. as long as it can stay about football and not wrong claims about thumbing and other little relevant things, then I am good. :)

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I just wonder what are the odds of City drawing Bayern in a group and Barcelona in knock out stage two years in a row ?? Call me crazy but I just can't convince myself that this is entirely random .

And I think they should stop this top seder or second seder thing . Mix them all up in group stage and knock out stage , just separate clubs that are from same country . Instead UEFA is trying to keep top contenders away from each other till late stages . I can guess the semi final right now and I Have 80% chance of being right .

Anyways about the draws.

PSG vs Chelsea - This will be tough match . I am sure PSG are eager to revenge for last year , but then Chelsea are not the same team that was last year and different animal this year . PSG added few signings that did not change much at the club and Ibra and few other players have actually dropped their forms . Chelsea has changed core of the midfield and brought in a prolific striker . Chelsea of last year was trouble for them and this year it will be much bigger problem for PSG to deal with . Prediction : Chelsea goes through .

Arsenal vs Monaco - If Arsenal thinks they are in for easy ride they got another early knockout coming. They must not underestimate Monaco . Monaco defense has been outstanding , but if Arsenal has all their player back from injuries in spring , then I see Monaco falling short against North London side . However, even if they don't Arsenal still will squeeze victory hence they usually have a good record vs french teams . Prediction : Arsenal goes through .

Manchester City vs Barcelona - This one is tough to choose , but I don't know why I have a feeling City will go past Barcelona . Maybe it is because of Barcelona unconvincing defense . Plus , Aguero should be back by that time and he will be back in great form eager to impress . I am sure Pelegrini learned last year's mistakes and won't let Barcelona play their game . Prediction : narrow victory for City .

Juventus vs Borussia Dortmund - You know you might think this one is a tough one , but I think it is not . Dortmund will go through . They will take their winter . Get their sh*t together and be back ready to battle out of the relegation zone domestically and only hope to stay in CL will be go all in and win it . Prediction: Borrussia goes through

Well the rest are pretty easy

Real again will destroy Schalke

Leverkussen vs Atletico - Atletico goes through

Bayern will murder Shakhtar

Porto will beat Basel

United_Hates_Blues 9 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

The thumbs up fight with Tiki and Lilly.

Get back on topic with the UCL draw lol XD.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yes stay on topic guys

@Marcus +1

Nice effort, for Arsenal, well they should be extremely attentive to Monaco, Lethal defense. There is a big chance of a 0-0 leg, one of the best defenses in Europe at the moment. On paper, there is no comparison, but the dream team that Monaco was creating turned into a very realistic and effective team, so pay attention. This week : Monaco - Marseille : 1-0, Marseille is the best attack of the league.

For Psg they will never make it through, they create chances but their players are not sharp enough ( Lucas and Cavani miss a lot and need many chances to score : At high level, instant punishement.

For City, well guys we will come back to this thread later, i am more than confident about this, i predict Suarez on fire and a parking bus who will fail because its not City style, they need possession to score, they wont have in both legs.
I predict a Barça win at Etihad except if we concede on set piece, you heard it first here :).

Basel will go through or be very close, they showed a great team spirit against Madrid despite the loss and experience against the reds, Porto are better on paper but wont have an easy task, if there was any prolongation it would be here.

Predictions done, see you on February :)

• History

@Marcus +1

Nice effort, for Arsenal, well they should be extremely attentive to Monaco, Lethal defense. There is a big chance of a 0-0 leg, one of the best defenses in Europe at the moment. On paper, there is no comparison, but the dream team that Monaco was creating turned into a very realistic and effective team, so pay attention.

For Psg they will never make it through, they create chances but their players are not shark enough ( Lucas and Cavani miss a lot and need many chances to score : At high level, instant punishement.

For City, well guys we will come back to this thread later, i am more than confident about this, i predict Suarez on fire and a parking bus who will fail because its not City style, they need possession to score, they wont have in both legs.
I predict a Barça win at Etihad except if we concede on set piece, you heard it first here :).

Basel will go through or be very close, they showed a great team spirit against Madrid despite the loss and experience against the reds, Porto are better on paper but wont have an easy task, if there was any prolongation it would be here.

Predictions done, see you on February :)

shpalman 9 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

"Is this a joke ? Every year same games..."

"I just wonder what are the odds of City drawing Bayern in a group and Barcelona in knock out stage two years in a row ?? Call me crazy but I just can't convince myself that this is entirely random . "

@Tiki and Marcus
i have huge doubts me too, actually i think 98% that the whole thing is not random at all, just remember how many times ACM and Barca faced eachother in the last years Milan was in the CL.

in any case we're back in the 90s with Juve vs BVB, classic match. for the outcome it very much depends on Juventus and their desire to put a decent effort in the CL. in the league Roma are at -1, so Juventus might very easily be careless in CL. but if they decide to play seriously i don't see BVB going past them.

we might as well have some surprises in PSG-Chelsea, MCity-BFC. MCity for example, are few years now that they get slapped out the CL mostly due to the lack of pedigree in the competition. but this year might be different; in fact this is the 2nd consecutive time they face Barca in the round of 16, they know what it means and are familiar with that level of pressure. let's see what will happen :)

^ Yep, i agree for Juve but only if Dortmund keeps their actual form, either way i dont see Juve beating an in form BVB.
For City - Barça : its more about the style of play, out of ten games Barça would win 8 for this simple reason.

If our midlefield is in a good day, they will suffer because many aspects of their game would be limitted.

Actually Man City could have better chances with Atletico for example, as we have better chances agaisnt City more than against Atleti.

Ok, this will be good, really good. Wait and see...

• History

^ Yep, i agree for Juve but only if Dortmund keeps their actual form, either way i dont see Juve beating an in form BVB.
For City - Barça : its more about the style of play, out of ten games Barça would win 8 for this simple reason.

If our midlefield is in good day, they will suffer because many aspects of their game would be limitted.

If our midlefield is in a good day, they will suffer because many aspects of their game would be limitted.

Actually Man City could have better chances with Atletico for example, as we have better chances agaisnt City more than Atleti.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Monaco have some new stars as well in track such as Yannick Ferreira Carrasco, Martial, etc. while midfield maestros such as Moutinho and Kondogbia. No easy ride. I still think we were the most unlucky team, as we finished first in our group and got picked with the best runner up. PSG troubled us last time, don't forget they beat us 3-1 at the Parc de Princes, only for BA to clinch a winner in the final few minutes at the bridge.

I agree with all of Marcus' predictions, except Barca will win, and Bayer Leverkusen may defeat Atletico.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Chelsea beats PSG
Barcelona beats City
Atletico beats Leverkusen
Dortmund beat Juventus
Real Madrid beat Schalke
Bayern beat Shakhtar
Monaco beat Arsenal
Porto beat Basel

Tuanis 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 86 2310

quick prediction.

PSG to beat Chelsea
Barcelona to beat City
Atletico to beat Leverkusen (penalties or ET)
Dortmund to destroy Juventus
RM beating Schalke
Bayern humiliating Shakhtar
Arsenal beating Monaco
Basel beating Porto

First two depend a lot in the form both teams are in when they face each other. City already beat Bayern so they could perfectly do the same with Barcelona. And as for PSG, they are very tactical when playing on knockout round just like Chelsea who beat them last time in a game any could have won. PSG already beat Barcelona so they could as well beat Chelsea no doubt. Im still waiting to see Chelsea defeat a big team.

• History

quick prediction.

PSG to beat ChelseaBarcelona to beat CityAtletico to beat Leverkusen (penalties or ET)Dortmund to destroy JuventusRM beating ShalkeBayern humiliating ShaktarArsenal beating MonacoBasel beating Porto

First two depend a lot in the form both teams are in when they face each other. City already beat Bayern so they could perfectly do the same with Barcelona. And as for PSG, they are very tactical when playing on knockout round just like Chelsea who beat them last time in a game any could have won. PSG already beat Barcelona so they could as well beat Chelsea no doubt. Im still waiting to see Chelsea defeat a big team.

United_Hates_Blues 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 14 985

Shpalman remember Citeh came second in Group E, making the probability of drawing a First position club from another group way higher.

• History

shpalman remember Citeh came second in Group E, making the probability of drawing a First position club from another group way higher.

Cavin11 9 years ago
Chelsea, United States 2 884

Chelsea, Barca, AT, Dortmund, Real, Munich, Monaco, Porto... easy to predict, eh? Teams on the right column qualify to the next round.

awais007 9 years ago
Chelsea, Pakistan 178 922

some people are saying that PSG will beat chelsea but for me chelsea is more stronger than last year but its 180 min game and anything can happen

Iraqi_Madridista 9 years ago
Real Madrid 33 1388

If you think Arsenal can beat Monaco then i think you are dumb. Simple as that.