Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Unpopular Opinion Thread (2014/15 Edition)
Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Last time, my 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' was closed because of a discussion gone mad. This time, I'll make sure everyone respects each other's opinion, and if a debate gets nasty, I'll quickly delete it.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)!

RULES

1. Despite typing '2014/15 Edition', it doesn't have to be mainly about the upcoming season. It would be better if it is about the 2014/15 season, but anything football related will do.

2. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

3. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

4. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

5. Keep it football-related.

6. Use your common sense.

Since that's settled, I'll start off with a bang.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Last time, my 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' was closed because of a discussion gone mad. This time, I'll make sure everyone respects each other's opinion, and if a debate gets nasty, I'll quickly delete it.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)1

RULES

1. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

2. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

3. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

4. Keep it football-related.

5. Use your common sense.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)!

RULES

1. Despite typing '2014/15 Edition', it doesn't have to be mainly about the upcoming season. It would be better if it is about the 2014/15 season, but anything football related will do.

2. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

3. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

4. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

5. Keep it football-related.

6. Use your common sense.

Comments
shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

guys keep it straight, no replies to posts thanks ;)

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Ronaldo and Messi are very hyped and comparing them to Pele or Maradona is so naive. They are so inconsistent, especially playing for their national team. While Pele, Maradona or even Chewy Suarez and many others showed a great impact and consistency for both club and the national team. The main reason that they succeeded at club level is because both Real Madrid's and Barcelona's players and even the whole La Liga and Media and fans are revolved around them.

Lodatz 10 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

The historical success of Madrid and Barcelona would be next to nothing without foreign imports.

And that's a fact, not an opinion.

Isn't this game fun? :)

• History

The historical success of Madrid and Barcelona have nearly always been thanks to foreigners.

The historical success of Madrid and Barcelona have nearly always been thanks to foreign imports.

Isn't this game fun?

The historical success of Madrid and Barcelona have nearly always been thanks to foreign imports.

Isn't this game fun? :)

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

That's true. Di Stefano shaped Madrid, Cruyff shaped Barcelona. Puskas, Maradona, Ronaldo, C. Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo.... they were all foreign imports. But it's not like we haven't had great Spaniards either. Enrique, Xavi, Iniesta, Butragueno, Gento, Raul, Amancio, Casillas, Zubizarretta.... we've had them all. :)

+1

• History

@Lodatz

That's true. Di Stefano shaped Madrid, Cruyff shaped Barcelona. Puskas, Maradona, Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo.... they were all foreign imports. But it's not like we haven't had great Spaniard either. Enrique, Xavi, Iniesta, Butragueno, Gento, Amancio, Casillas, Zubizarretta.... we've had them all. :)

+1

@Lodatz

That's true. Di Stefano shaped Madrid, Cruyff shaped Barcelona. Puskas, Maradona, Ronaldo, C. Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo.... they were all foreign imports. But it's not like we haven't had great Spaniard either. Enrique, Xavi, Iniesta, Butragueno, Gento, Amancio, Casillas, Zubizarretta.... we've had them all. :)

+1

@Lodatz

That's true. Di Stefano shaped Madrid, Cruyff shaped Barcelona. Puskas, Maradona, Ronaldo, C. Ronaldo, Zidane, Ronaldinho, Rivaldo.... they were all foreign imports. But it's not like we haven't had great Spaniards either. Enrique, Xavi, Iniesta, Butragueno, Gento, Amancio, Casillas, Zubizarretta.... we've had them all. :)

+1

JuanMata10 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

The hate Messi receives when playing for Argentina is unfair. People keep saying that he's playing bad, but in fact he's the only one that actually tries and has to do everything alone, because his teammembers only rely on him (well, apart from Di Maria and Mascherano).

• History

The hate Messi receives when playing for Argentina is unfair. People keep saying that he's playing bad, but in fact he's the only one that actually tries and has to do everything alone, because his teammembers only rely on him (well, apart from Di Maria).

tuan_jinn 10 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Messi is good in Argentina since the beginning (not only this world cup).

When Messi plays, the opponent looses their confident in attack indirectly, the defenders always have to watch out and lot of time dont dare to go too high up. That's give other players around Messi more spaces.

The hate is truely unfair

• History

When Messi plays, the opponent looses their confident in attack indirectly, the defenders always have to watch out and lot of time dont dare to go too high up. That's give other players around Messi more spaces.

The hate is truely unfair

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Van Ginkel > Ramires

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Van Ginkel would have featured for Van Gaal's Dutch side, either starting or off the bench, if he hadn't picked up that big injury near the start of the season

tiki_taka 10 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Arsenal will win 15 North London derbies in a row :).

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Vidal is over-rated

Salahadin 10 years ago
Real Madrid, France 11 554

The PL trophy will be fought over between United and Arsenal.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Chelsea can beat Bayern easy, all thanks to Mourinho

Lodatz 10 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Konoplyanka is under-rated.

• History

Obvious trolls are indeed obvious.

Obvious trolls are, indeed, obvious.

chelsea8 10 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

arsenal will not win anything for another 9years.

knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

i hate Messis personalty, gives off an arrogant impression, almost never pulls of a smile, has been seen disrespecting gets small kids trying to get say a word to him. Very introverted, talks very little outside the pitch. a kind of douche-bag filling the room wit negative atmosphere

koldimere 10 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Messi totally deserved the Golden ball...

Dynastian98 10 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Argentina performed better than Germany in the final. Germany rode their luck to victory (deserved nonetheless).

• History

Argentina performed better than Germany in the final.