Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Unpopular Opinion Thread (2014/15 Edition)
Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Last time, my 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' was closed because of a discussion gone mad. This time, I'll make sure everyone respects each other's opinion, and if a debate gets nasty, I'll quickly delete it.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)!

RULES

1. Despite typing '2014/15 Edition', it doesn't have to be mainly about the upcoming season. It would be better if it is about the 2014/15 season, but anything football related will do.

2. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

3. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

4. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

5. Keep it football-related.

6. Use your common sense.

Since that's settled, I'll start off with a bang.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Last time, my 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' was closed because of a discussion gone mad. This time, I'll make sure everyone respects each other's opinion, and if a debate gets nasty, I'll quickly delete it.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)1

RULES

1. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

2. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

3. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

4. Keep it football-related.

5. Use your common sense.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)!

RULES

1. Despite typing '2014/15 Edition', it doesn't have to be mainly about the upcoming season. It would be better if it is about the 2014/15 season, but anything football related will do.

2. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

3. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

4. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

5. Keep it football-related.

6. Use your common sense.

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Sirigu > Buffon

• History

Sirigu>Buffon

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Argentina does not deserve to be in semi final !! No one is bashing on them because it is Argentina and it is Messi team.

Absolutely luckiest team in the tournament . Parked the bus against Belgium , got lucky against Iran and Bosnia, got lucky against Switzerland and won all of their games by 1 goal in some ugly scrappy way .

And to ad injury to an insult , Messi is still to far to be compared with Marodonna . He played against some "crappy teams " and did nothing extraordinary .

So much media attention to Messi when there are clearly players who performed better even in his team like Di Maria or Rojo or their goalkeeper Romero who saved them on many occasions. So To list few other players who deserve same or even more praise than Messi : James Rodriquez , Neymar Dos Santos , David Luiz , Thomas Muller , Arjen Robben , Alexis Sanchez ... etc

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Ricardo Rodriguez > Luke Shaw

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Messi fears Courtois

Marcus2011 10 years ago

2014/2015 season of EPL will be another exciting year and strongly dominated by Chelsea and with reinforced Manchester United coming back to challenge it . Chelsea will dominate domestically in every title front and will again challenge for CL title to eventually win a treble .

Heisinburg 10 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Some United fans (including myself) are complaining about the fact a lot of money are being spent on our signings so far. However, now that I think about it, LVG was given 200M to spend, so...62M on Vidal? Just do it!

ashwin1729 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

England was the best team at the world cup.. :p

Jimbet 10 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

next season, Arsenal will be getting the 1st or 2nd spot. no more 4th place. COYG

AlexBatak 10 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Van Gaal will not succeed at Manchester United this season. Manchester United fans should know that it's kinda impossible for him to do what Sir. Alex did, Not to mention that many key players has retired or released after Sir. Alex. It's going to be a tough season for Van Gaal and for Manchester United fans. I have a deep respect for Manchester United. If the board won't be patient with Van Gaal I can see him getting sacked before the end of the season. I know it's too early to say that but this is how I feel about it....

Ok calm down United fans that was just for Moyes in the previous unpopular opinion :)) In fact, Manchester United with Van Gaal in charge will be one hell of a team to beat and they will surely finish top 4 if not a title contenders.

vvvvvv

knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Keylor Navas is atm amoung the top 3 keepers in the world

knibis 10 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

it would have been equally deserved if the semi finals looked like this:

Chile vs Algeria
Mexico vs Switzerland

we tend to forget that Argentina, Holland, Brazil and Germany were very very close to not making it

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Pochettino will be sacked soon, he should have stayed with the Saints

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Barca could have done better than Stegen and Bravo

Chelsea FC 157 4232

The Monaco project will never be a success.

Wolfie 10 years ago Edited
Inter, Germany 94 1844

-Lallana and Lambert will be flops at Liverpool. Liverpool should have signed players who have CL experience instead.

• Giroud will be sold.
  • Inter will win the Serie A and EL.
  • van Gaal will succeed at ManU.
  • Costa will be a big flop at Chelsea.
  • Suarez will have his best season.
  • Belgium team are overrated.
  • Hazard is very extremely overrated.
  • Lukaku will succeed in Atleti.
  • Mourinho will leave Chelsea after another trophyless season.
  • Arsenal will win the PL
  • City will fail in the CL again
  • Neymar will recover from his injury and help Barca win La Liga
  • CR7 will not win balon d'Or again
  • BVB will win the Bundesliga, Immobile will be top scorer.
  • Pep will get destroyed in the CL again.
  • Pogba will stay at Juve.
  • Götze will leave Bayern.
  • Messi will win his 5th balon d'Or
  • Neymar is a better player at his age than CR7 was.

don't feel like commenting many times, so one comment is enough.

• History

-Lallana and Lambert will be flops at Liverpool. Liverpool should have signed players who have CL experience instead.

• Giroud will be sold.

• Juventus will not win Serie A again

• Giroud will be sold.
  • Juventus will not win Serie A again

Malshi99 10 years ago
Real Madrid, Brazil 0 5

Brasil will win the world cup. End of story.

KingHenry 10 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

it feels like a few of these opinions deserve their own threads!

tiki_taka 10 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Those who were claiming Messi couldnt score in World Cup are reducing the opposition now to make their point still arguable...

While if they stop hating and look with objectivity, they will admit they were wrong and stop finding excuses...

• History

Those who were claiming Messi couldnt score in World Cup are reducing the opposition to make their point still arguable...

While if they stop hating and look with objectivity, they will admit they were wrong and stop finding excuses...

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

I've got a few more regarding United:

Luke Shaw is the next Sergio Ramos.
Marouane Fellaini is a flop and should be sold this summer.
Ashley Young, Nani, Evra, Chicharito, Zaha and Bebe will leave this summer.
We will be top 4 this season.
RVP should be captain.
Rooney should be placed in the center-mid position by LVG.
Ander Herrera and Juan Mata are the next Xavi and Iniesta of the PL.
We will sign Arturo Vidal and Mats Hummels.

Marcus2011 10 years ago

Ander Herrera and Juan Mata will be next Stewart Downing and Jordan Henderson .

Liverpool will crush out of Champions League humiliated and won't make in top four .

Liverpool fans again will start talking about history and threatening others about next season ambitions .