Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Unpopular Opinion Thread (2014/15 Edition)
Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Last time, my 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' was closed because of a discussion gone mad. This time, I'll make sure everyone respects each other's opinion, and if a debate gets nasty, I'll quickly delete it.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)!

RULES

1. Despite typing '2014/15 Edition', it doesn't have to be mainly about the upcoming season. It would be better if it is about the 2014/15 season, but anything football related will do.

2. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

3. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

4. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

5. Keep it football-related.

6. Use your common sense.

Since that's settled, I'll start off with a bang.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Last time, my 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' was closed because of a discussion gone mad. This time, I'll make sure everyone respects each other's opinion, and if a debate gets nasty, I'll quickly delete it.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)1

RULES

1. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

2. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

3. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

4. Keep it football-related.

5. Use your common sense.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)!

RULES

1. Despite typing '2014/15 Edition', it doesn't have to be mainly about the upcoming season. It would be better if it is about the 2014/15 season, but anything football related will do.

2. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

3. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

4. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

5. Keep it football-related.

6. Use your common sense.

Comments
Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

No, I don't think my calculations are wrong at this and if you noticed I said last 4 years not 5.
Man City spent nearly 120 M to transfers in 2010/2011 but I meant after 2011/2012. If I involve 2010/2011 then yes ManCity spent more.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Bale has justified his 100M price tag.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Chelsea strikers have been branded "flops" too early. Torres wasn't terrible at the beginning, but then he played a few games without scoring, then he was labelled a "flop", then he was benched, then he lost his confidence, then he was booed, then he lost his confidence again, then he played some great games, but after a few games he had been pushed off that tall cliff. Costa should be given a chance, we can't call him a flop for not scoring in the first 2 or 3 games. That would ruin it totally. 20 goals from Costa (all games) would be enough for me.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

^Plus, if Lukaku stays he may bag 15 goals in all competitions

Emrecan_58 10 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Another Euro 2004 will happen in Euro 2016.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Football is becoming more about different and even unusual tactics. Not so much about the skill of players. The players make the game, but the tactics outline the scoreline

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

^ That's a known fact. Not really a "unpopular opinion". :P

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

people... please stop replying... you are taking the fun out of it. and btw, try and post only UNpopular opinions, not just random opinions.

and just for the sake of keeping the thread alive:

Welbeck > Hernandez
Nani > Valencia
Rooney > RVP

and... I think Cleverly is actually a great player, he just hasn't gotten used to play as a CM. Everyone treats him like he was the worst player United could possibly have but he is undoubtedly talented.

Heisinburg 10 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Cleverley is talented, yes, but he doesn't suit the style of United. He's far better off elsewhere.

Chelsea FC 157 4232

Well this is unpopular

Darmian>Debuchy

Marcus2011 10 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Rio Ferdinand is racist and his brother are racist . They both ruining football by playing victim with no factual evidence to support it .

John Terry is a victim of media and FA hypocrisy .

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I am going to take a swing at the two noise neighbors and La liga giants. Spice this thread a bit back to original mode .

Manchester City 2011/12 title run was very lucky . Most undeserved team to win it , because they shamed EPL in CL right after it .

Manchester United have been getting favoritism from FA board and referees for years to win titles mainly due to members who had and still have some sort of association with a club and also minimal thanks to Sir Alex Ferguson connections in FA and mind games .

Atletico would not have progressed past Chelsea or even reach semis if it was not for Courtois brilliant goalkeeping.

Real Madrid did not deserve to win Champions League 2014 . They were lucky that Atletico Madrid was missing key players .

Barcelona should be stripped of all the European titles since 2009 due to multiple outrageous referee controversial victories.

Only reason why Real Madrid and Barcelona are two giant teams in the pool of poor financially clubs is because one is government backed by Spain and the other by Catalonia . Two mafia teams that have strong connections with UEFA and media . Monopoly clubs.

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I am going to take a swing at the two noise neighbors and La liga giants.

Manchester City 2011/12 title run was very lucky . Most undeserved team to win it , because they shamed EPL in CL right after it .

Manchester United have been getting favoritism from FA board and referees for years to win titles mainly due to members who had and still have some sort of association with a club and also minimal thanks to Sir Alex Ferguson connections in FA and mind games .

Atletico would not have progressed past Chelsea or even reach semis if it was not for Courtois brilliant goalkeeping.

Real Madrid did not deserve to win Champions League 2014 . They were lucky that Atletico Madrid was missing key players .

Barcelona should be stripped of all the European titles since 2009 due to multiple outrageous referee controversial victories.

Only reason why Real Madrid and Barcelona are two giant teams in the pool of poor financially clubs is because one is government backed by Spain and the other by Catalonia . Two mafia teams that have strong connections with UEFA and media . Monopoly clubs.

:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Without foreign players the EPL would be next to nothing.

Vendetta 10 years ago

Mohamed Salah will become Chelsea's Robben.

koldimere 10 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Lord Bendtner had the potential to be better than Anelka and Drogba *ducks*

Lodatz 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Ven: Chelsea actually had Robben. :p

Vendetta 10 years ago

That's true but he, and ever since he left us we have needed a new Robben; that is why Salah is here.

Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

So he will leave soon and peak in Bayern V :D

chelsea8 10 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

without foreign players LA LIGA would be next to nothing.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Without foreign players the EPL would be next to nothing...... and this isn't a diss, it's a fact. ;)