Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

The Unpopular Opinion Thread (2014/15 Edition)
Vendetta 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

Last time, my 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' was closed because of a discussion gone mad. This time, I'll make sure everyone respects each other's opinion, and if a debate gets nasty, I'll quickly delete it.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)!

RULES

1. Despite typing '2014/15 Edition', it doesn't have to be mainly about the upcoming season. It would be better if it is about the 2014/15 season, but anything football related will do.

2. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

3. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

4. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

5. Keep it football-related.

6. Use your common sense.

Since that's settled, I'll start off with a bang.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Last time, my 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' was closed because of a discussion gone mad. This time, I'll make sure everyone respects each other's opinion, and if a debate gets nasty, I'll quickly delete it.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)1

RULES

1. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

2. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

3. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

4. Keep it football-related.

5. Use your common sense.

Anyway, this is the 'Unpopular Opinion Thread' for the 2014/15 season! Post away (after reading the rules ;P)!

RULES

1. Despite typing '2014/15 Edition', it doesn't have to be mainly about the upcoming season. It would be better if it is about the 2014/15 season, but anything football related will do.

2. Try to go for one opinion per post keeps the thread cleaner and gives the opinion more attention. You can make a list of opinions and post it if you want, but one (or a couple) of opinions can be more effective.

3. Stay friendly and sophisticated if you're going to argue over an opinion. If I see insults - yes, even indirect ones - about a user or his team I, or the other moderators, will quickly remove it.

4. You like an unpopular opinion?! Awesome! Show that by giving it a +1! By giving +1s to an unpopular opinion you can see which opinion is liked the most. And you remain anonymous (unless you write "I agree with _\. +1")

5. Keep it football-related.

6. Use your common sense.

Comments
ramaboy10 10 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Brazil were lucky to have referees on their side.

shpalman 10 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 55 2252

Costa Rica was outstanding VS Netherlands.

quikzyyy 10 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Suarez deserved longer suspension.

Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

I actually agree with some of Wolfie's.
Especially : Costa will flop at Chelsea

Jimbet 10 years ago
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

Pogba will be joining Arsenal. :D

Lodatz 10 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Rooney is under-rated. :)

chelsea8 10 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

chelsea will win it ALL next season.

Eden17Hazard17 10 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Valdes is in a really awkward situation at the moment. He was too greedy for money.

Dynastian98 10 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Ronaldo should win Ballon d'Or 2014 unless Messi wins the World Cup with Argentina. Messi's performances in the World Cup have been good, but his club performances were poor, and almost insignificant compared to Ronaldo. If Messi could win 2010 Ballon d'Or without a World Cup goal... then Ronaldo should be able to do it in 2014 as well. His club performances outshadow Messi's by far.

Tuanis 10 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Mourinho should be given some credit for RM's UCL success.

Marcus2011 10 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Tuanis and dyna +1 not so much unpopular .

Here is one for our neighbors , I am going to cut deep to make it fun :P

• Club who has the most arrogant fans is no longer United or Liverpool , it is Arsenal after FA Cup victory .

• Arsenal are going to loose to City in Community Shield game and again make excuses that City are buying trophies when they could have allowed themselves to spend just as much in summer or even more . One thing Arsenal will top City over is at being linked with every player in the world during transfer window . However, as always Wenger will make couple of small fee signings and go on into season with whatever he has got since last 13/14 season, again setting high expectations for the squad and measurably failing in Spring .

Then Arsenal fans will talk about how they had enough of this , show hate on Wenger and how he should have gone long ago . But summer will come quick and anger will be forgotten with new hopes for 15/16 season and mainly due to multiple transfer links with literally every player in the world ..... And you get what I am saying , it is never ending cycle until board finally steps up for Wenger instead of making him scapegoat or gets rid of him .

• Arsenal has become bitter older brother of Chelsea who is no longer favorite "son" in big family of EPL :D

• Tottenham Hotspurs will finish above Arsenal this season being in 4th position .

• 2014/15 season table will look like this in May :
  1. Chelsea

2. United

3. City

4. Tottenham

:D

• History

Tuanis and dyna +1

Here is one for our neighbors , I am going to cut deep to make it fun :P

• Club who has the most arrogant fans is no longer United or Liverpool , it is Arsenal after FA Cup victory .

• Arsenal are going to loose to City in Community Shield game and again make excuses that City are buying trophies when they could have allowed themselves to spend just as much in summer or even more . One thing Arsenal will top City over is at being linked with every player in the world during transfer window . However, as always Wenger will make couple of small fee signings and go on into season with whatever he has got since last 13/14 season, again setting high expectations for the squad and measurably failing in Spring .

Then Arsenal fans will talk about how they had enough of this , show hate on Wenger and how he should have gone long ago . But summer will come quick and anger will be forgotten with new hopes for 15/16 season and mainly due to multiple transfer links with literally every player in the world ..... And you get what I am saying , it is never ending cycle until board finally steps up for Wenger instead of making him scapegoat or gets rid of him .

• Arsenal has become bitter older brother of Chelsea who is no longer favorite "son" in big family of EPL :D

• Tottenham Hotspurs will finish above Arsenal this season being in 4th position .

• 2014/15 season table will look like this in May :
  1. Chelsea

2. United

3. City

4. Tottenham

:D

Lodatz 10 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Euro 2004 was a triumph of footballing philosophy.

• History

^ suits me. :)

2004 was a triumph of footballing philosophy.

decentK 10 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Carl Jenkinson will become Arsenal legend.

gagagoodlife 10 years ago
Chelsea, England 14 325

Ozil + Sanchez = 70mil Arsenal are ruining football with money.

gagagoodlife 10 years ago
Chelsea, England 14 325

Chelsea's style of play is called defensive play, not 'parking the bus'.

Zakzook 10 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Manchester United will win the EPL.

Emrecan_58 10 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Manchester United fans are calling ManCity or Chelsea "Money Club" But do they know they spent more money in the last 4 years?

• History

Manchester United fans are calling ManCity or Chelsea "Money Club" But they don't know they spent more money in the last 4 years.

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

^Source?

Emrecan_58 10 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

I don't think that includes ManU' this summer transfers like Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera but yes they did not spend more than Chelsea. I forgot Diego Costa. Still more than City tho.

• History

I don't think that includes ManU' this summer transfers like Luke Shaw and Ander Herrera but yes they did not spend more than Chelsea. I forgot Diego Costa.

TheGame 10 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Umm..."still more than City tho". Where are you getting this? Even with the extra 60 million we spent this summer, City and Chelsea have spent more.