Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real Madrid wins their 12th Champions League title!
Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

HALA MADRID.

Great game for the squad. Ronaldo, Modric, Carvajal, Casemiro, and Marcelo were stellar!

I do feel bad for Juventus, though. They were absolutely terrific on the night.

Facts

• Real Madrid win for a record 12th time
  • Juventus loses for a record 7th time
  • Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the first player in the CL era to score in three different finals
  • Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the first player in the CL era to score 4 goals in the final
  • Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 600th goal for club and country with his half-volley from Modric's cross
  • Real Madrid have now won 6 European Cups and 6 Champions Leagues - the most in each era
  • Real Madrid become the first team to win back-to-back since AC Milan in '89 and '90
  • 6 out of the last 8 participants in the Champions League final has been from Spain
  • A Spanish team has won the last 4 Champions League titles
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

HALA MADRID.

Great game for the squad. Ronaldo, Modric, Carvajal, Casemiro, and Marcelo were stellar!

HALA MADRID.

Facts

• Real Madrid win for a record 12th time
  • Juventus loses for a record 7th time
  • Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the first player in the CL era to score in three different finals
  • Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the first player in the CL era to score 4 goals in the final
  • Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 600th goal for club and country with his half-volley from Modric's cross
  • Real Madrid have now won 6 European Cups and 6 Champions Leagues - the most in each era
  • Real Madrid become the first team to win back-to-back since AC Milan in '89 and '90
  • 6 out of the last 8 participants in the Champions League final has been from Spain
  • A Spanish team has won the last 4 Champions League titles
Comments
Zakzook 7 years ago
Arsenal, Syria 32 785

Congratz to Madrid, completely outplayed everyone else in the tournament. Really. Good job.
However, this was one of the most boring CLs I've seen.

It doesn't even feel like this Madrid plays the best football of all time, it just feels that the competition is at it's worst. In terms of parity (or lack thereof), this team is probably the best in history, but I wouldn't say they're playing the best football of all time.

I just hope next year is more competitive since the last 7~8 years of CL football have been really boring and predictable (except for Chelsea's win). This state has climaxed this season, where no other teams performed in the CL. Juve's ragged team, which arguably has 0 world class attacking players, reaching the final is an indicator of how bad it's been.

Something needs to happen next year, I'm hoping Chelsea/Tottenham/Liverpool/Bayern/Atletico/PSG/Monaco/Juve up their game to this level next year, I'm especially eyeing Chelsea for this.
but as it is, it seems only Barca (Maybe add a 1~2 quality defenders?) and Chelsea will be at this level next year.

I'm not taking away credit from Madrid or the Spanish teams in general, all I'm saying is that this era of football is getting progressively worse parity wise.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Big ears ? Sure you have 6 of them. This season was deserved for Madrid but had to reply to that Amerr comment disconnected to reality. Wasn't going that offensive until I saw that :)

• History

Big ears ? Sure you have 6 of them.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Congrats. Great display. No team comes close to them.

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

CAMPEONES! CAMPEONES! OLE! OLE! OLE!!!!

enter image description here

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

To add some facts

• Real Madrid became the first team to score 500+ goals in Champions League history after this final.
  • Juventus has been now the runner up in the final for the 7th time, 5th loss in a row.
  • Zinédine Zidane is the first man who won the UEFA Champions League as a player to win it twice as a coach
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Honestly , take Ronaldo out of Real and even with brilliant midfield Madrid would have lost . Some people truly underestimate Ronaldo's presence in any team he plays in .

I like to give credit to Zizou . My legend and now he may become legendary manager ! Juventus was better team in first half . However, that half time talk did something to Real that they played football out of this world !

raimondo90 7 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Golazo, while true Zidane hold a CL as player and 2 as coach, he is not the first to hold something in that regard. Guardiola holds a European Cup (former CL) and 2 CL as a coach. Funny enough, both of them have achieved this as player and manager of the same team respectively.

Golazo111 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Actually it's a big mistake from the uefa website I copied from which I didn't really notice much;

Ancelotti won it playing twice and also 3 times as the coach, so did a few others, in total 7 players/coaches so Zidane is not the only one and like you pointed out Guardiola is in that group of people as well.

I think I also read somewhere that Real Madrid won La Liga & Champions League last time in the late 50's before 2017 which makes this generation very special.

• History

Actually it's a big mistake from the uefa website I copied from which I didn't really notice much;

Ancelotti won it playing twice and also 3 times as the coach, so did a few others, in total 7 players/coaches.

I think I also read somewhere that Real Madrid won La Liga & Champions League last time in the late 50's before 2017 which makes this generation very special.

tiki_taka 7 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Marcus I disagree, each time Zidane rested him in away games I thought Madrid would miss him, Pairing Ascensio/Vasquez is even more dangerous because the number of Tiki taka players increases and the rival has no chance to keep a ball or to have a momentum. Scores of Madrid B away are even higher than Madrid A, and Madrid B each time they played didn't needed to make a remontada or a Ramos late winner they made the break in first half so I highly believe they are stronger and could become stronger.

I ve said it before, Ascensio is more useful than Bale in Madrid playing style, when you field a 4-3-3 with a strong middle you need at least 2 more combining players upfront, reason why BBC looks less effective than ABC with Bale off, im not talking about individual potential but the collective.

Madrid B has lost 0 point during the season, and each time they were paired, Zidane didn't needed to play the attacking trio to save the day. At the opposite, Madrid needed some coaching during the season to win home games at times with Vasquez, Ascencio and Morata second half subs. So I don't think the same I prefer watching Ascencio in the starting XI anyway it's a matter of time that he will take Bale position.

Only players who could impact Madrid if they are missing, Carvajal because the replacement is Danilo and Navas because second keeper is not on same level. Modric is vital for me the best piece of the squad but Kovacic is also competitive. At the end none is really vital to decide a win which is Madrid main Strength ATM.

• History

@Marcus I disagree, each time Zidane rested him in away games I thought Madrid would miss him, Pairing Ascensio/Vasquez is even more dangerous because the number of Tiki taka players increases and the rival has no chance to keep a ball or to have a momentum. Scores of Madrid B away are even higher than Madrid A, and Madrid B each time they played didn't needed to make a remontada or a Ramos late winner they made the break in first half so I highly believe they are stronger and could become stronger.

I ve said it before, Ascensio is more useful than Bale in Madrid playing style, when you field a 4-3-3 with a strong middle you need at least 2 more combining players upfront, reason why BBC looks less effective than ABC with Bale off, im not talking about individual potential but the collective.

Madrid B has lost 0 point during the season, and each time they were paired, Zidane didn't needed to play the attacking trio to save the day. So I don't think the same I prefer watching Ascencio in the starting XI anyway it's a matter of time that he will take Bale position.

Only players who could impact Madrid if they are missing, Carvajal because the replacement is Danilo and Navas because second keeper is not on same level. Modric is vital for me the best piece of the squad but Kovacic is also competitive. At the end none is really vital to decide a win which is Madrid main Strength ATM.

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tiki, I'm not sure I met a person who is more capable of talking out of their ass. Madrid played their "B" team against the likes of Deportivo and Sporting. Of course they wouldn't drop points.

• History

@Tiki, I'm not sure I met a person who is more capable of talking out of their ass. Madrid played their "B" team against the likes of Deportivo and Sporting. Of course they wouldn't drop points.

The limits of your stupidity never ceases to astound me.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Golazo

1958 was our last League & CL double.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Dynastian98 Thank you for the exact year.

I think that Casemiro with his goal became the 6th Brazilian to score in Champions League finals, and Modric with this title is most likely the only player from the Balkans that has won the Champions League three times. Need to double check those things though.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Celebration of the historical win at home, enjoy.

Our Champions League celebrations at Cibeles

🏆⛲️🙌 #CHAMP12NS Cibeles! ¡A Cibeles!

Posted by Real Madrid C.F. on Sunday, June 4, 2017
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607
Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607
tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Real was absolutely amazing and totally deserved it. Was at Pinkpop the Netherlands.. so I didnt really have time to congratulate the..

Congratz to Real and Ronaldo.

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Tiki_taka: I have never seen a more pathetic, a sorer loser than you. You are just everything that a person with character should never be. You stand as a lightning rod for everybody, here or in real life I presume, for what NOT to be. So I suppose you do have a purpose.

I really really hate Barcelona. The boring style. Constantly playing the victim card, and blaming every mistake they've ever made on Real Madrid. The only team that pressures the referee before the game, during the game, and after the game. Get preferential treatment, yet complain that others do.

You and Barcelona are such a match made in heaven, it's unbelievable. You both compliment each other so well, without class or respect.

Do not bring up your mickey-mouse trophies, please. I don't care about them. We are talking about the biggest clubs in the World here, the best. Only the biggest and the best cups should be taken into consideration. By your current 'coincidental' view, Scotland club Rangers is the most successful of all.

Please.. don't embarrass yourself.

Your great team, that by your say so is the best assembled team of all time, could not. I repeat, could NOT successfully defend a champions league trophy once. Not once could they win the trophy back to back.

Real Madrid did. But that is who Real Madrid always were, the ones who make history.

People were complaining that the only reason we had the most CL cups was due to the fact that we won so many when it only just started. Now what?

We have the most in the modern era (the revamped Champions League, starting in 1992) with 6 trophies. The only club that has won the greatest competition in the World back to back.

Talk about trebles, sextuples all you want. Nobody cares about mickey mouse cups. We have more Champions Leagues, we have more La Ligas. We are the first team to 500 goals in Champions League.

The truth is, this team, this club has already eclipsed everything Guardiolas Barca has done.

But you know what the worst part about this is? For you, anyway?

We are only just getting started. Our era has just begun. Buckle up, tiki. Some tough, tough times are coming ahead. Keep reminding yourself of the trebles, and etc. It'll be the only escape, the only hiding place for you - as it is right now.

• History

Tiki_taka: I have never seen a more pathetic, a sorer loser than you. You are just everything that a person with character should never be. You stand as a lightning rod for everybody, here or in real life I presume, for what NOT to be. So I suppose you do have a purpose.

I really really hate Barcelona. The boring style. Constantly playing the victim card, and blaming every mistake they've ever made on Real Madrid. The only team that pressures the referee before the game, during the game, and after the game. Get preferential treatment, yet complain that others do.

You and Barcelona are such a match made in heaven, it's unbelievable. You are both as hated as the other. both without any class or respect.

Do not bring up your mickey-mouse trophies, please. I don't care about them. We are talking about the biggest clubs in the World here, the best. Only the biggest and the best cups should be taken into consideration. By your current 'coincidental' view, Scotland club Rangers is the most successful of all.

Your great team, that by your say so is the best assembled team of all time, could not. I repeat, could NOT successfully defend a champions league trophy once. Not once could they win the trophy back to back.

Real Madrid did. But that is who Real Madrid always were, the ones who make history.

People were complaining that the only reason we had the most CL cups was due to the fact that we won so many when it only just started. Now what?

We have the most in the modern era (the revamped Champions League, starting in 1992) with 6 trophies. The only club that has won the greatest competition in the World back to back.

Talk about trebles, sextuples all you want. Nobody cares about mickey mouse cups. We have more Champions Leagues, we have more La Ligas. We are the first team to 500 goals in Champions League.

The truth is, this team, this club has already eclipsed everything Guardiolas Barca has done.

We are only just getting started. Our era has just begun. Buckle up, tiki. Some tough, tough times are coming ahead.

You and Barcelona are such a match made in heaven, it's unbelievable. You are both as hated as the other. both without any class or respect.

We are only just getting started. Our era has just begun. Buckle up, tiki. Some tough, tough times are coming ahead. Keep reminding yourself of the trebles, and etc. It'll be the only hiding place for you, as it now.

We are only just getting started. Our era has just begun. Buckle up, tiki. Some tough, tough times are coming ahead. Keep reminding yourself of the trebles, and etc. It'll be the only escape, the only hiding place for you - as it is right now.

Amerr30 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

enter image description here

"Europe bows down to Real Madrid"

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@All Madridistas This is our time to rejoice. Do not let our rival bother you, he is only doing what he thinks is right. Why the anger? WE ARE THE CHAMPS! HALA MADRID Y NADA MAS!

@Amerr It is time for us to rule Europe again! Let our dynasty begin!