Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Real Madrid wins their 12th Champions League title!
Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

HALA MADRID.

Great game for the squad. Ronaldo, Modric, Carvajal, Casemiro, and Marcelo were stellar!

I do feel bad for Juventus, though. They were absolutely terrific on the night.

Facts

• Real Madrid win for a record 12th time
  • Juventus loses for a record 7th time
  • Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the first player in the CL era to score in three different finals
  • Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the first player in the CL era to score 4 goals in the final
  • Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 600th goal for club and country with his half-volley from Modric's cross
  • Real Madrid have now won 6 European Cups and 6 Champions Leagues - the most in each era
  • Real Madrid become the first team to win back-to-back since AC Milan in '89 and '90
  • 6 out of the last 8 participants in the Champions League final has been from Spain
  • A Spanish team has won the last 4 Champions League titles
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

HALA MADRID.

Great game for the squad. Ronaldo, Modric, Carvajal, Casemiro, and Marcelo were stellar!

HALA MADRID.

Facts

• Real Madrid win for a record 12th time
  • Juventus loses for a record 7th time
  • Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the first player in the CL era to score in three different finals
  • Cristiano Ronaldo becomes the first player in the CL era to score 4 goals in the final
  • Cristiano Ronaldo scored his 600th goal for club and country with his half-volley from Modric's cross
  • Real Madrid have now won 6 European Cups and 6 Champions Leagues - the most in each era
  • Real Madrid become the first team to win back-to-back since AC Milan in '89 and '90
  • 6 out of the last 8 participants in the Champions League final has been from Spain
  • A Spanish team has won the last 4 Champions League titles
Comments
Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I personally don't count any wins that happened before or after 2012 Chelsea triumph . WE BEAT THE MIGHTY BARCA AND MONSTER BAYERN WITH FERNANDO TORRES and BOSINGWA !! TOP THAT MADRID ! :D

Marcus2011 7 years ago

On serious note , not sure why everyone is all over Real Madrids case . I think it is quiet an achievement . Knockout tournament is hard to win and given that Real won it back to back in its current format is unique that hasn't happened since formation of current format.

Treble is also difficult to pull so why downplay importance of such an achievement .

I personally count Cl titles since formation ! BECAUSE IT IS CHAMPIONS LEAGUE - COMPLETELY DIFFERENT FORMAT ! Not European cup where Champions used to play it ! Unlike today 4th place team can play in CHAMPIONS league thus creating stiffer competition because after all this is a knockout format .
Just like people counting EPL titles but not league titles overall . I believe in the 90s revolution of football has happened . Money flowed in and teams became truly professional clubs glory and money driven .

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It's not a big deal, alot of teams won a treble in the last 30 years but only AC Milan and Real Madrid won back to back Champions League and even AC Milan when they won back - to - back Champions League back in 1989-90' didn't win their domestic Serie A league, something that Real Madrid did.

AC Milan Serie A placing in 1989-90' was 2nd, Maradona won the title with Napoli.
Real Madrid La Liga pacing 2016-17' was 1st, Messi didn't win the title with Barcelona.

So even when comparing the last back to back European champions, Real Madrid outdid AC Milan by also winning their domestic League.

Marcus2011 7 years ago

"The pre-1992 competition was initially a straight knockout tournament open only to the champion club of each country. During the 1990s, the format was expanded, incorporating a round-robin group stage to include clubs that finished runner-up of some nations' top-level league."

1992 . Forget about Ac Milan . Real Madrid are first to win it back to back and it is extraordinary achievement considering all the previous champions who always looked promising to defend title but always fails to do so .