Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Premier League 2016/17 Top 7 Predictions
MrGoooool 8 years ago Edited
Liverpool, Mexico 27 580

Hello everyone, you know my name and we are going to talk about the Barclay's Premier League. Now this is... GOING TO BE FUCKING EXCITING! Now I want to predict who will finish in the top 7. Now this is going to be really hard.

1. Man City
  2. Man U
  3. Liverpool
  4. Arsenal
  5. Chelsea
  6. West Ham
  7. Leicester
    Btw, no, I didn't put Arsenal 4th because to troll them. Who do you think will finish in top 7? Leave it in the comments.
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Hello everyone, you know my name and we are going to talk about the Barclay's Premier League. Now this is... GOING TO BE FUCKING EXCITING! Now I want to predict who will finish in the top 7. Now this is going to be really hard.

1. Man City
  2. Man U
  3. Liverpool
  4. Chelsea
  5. West Ham
  6. Arsenal
  7. Leicester

Btw, no, I didn't put arsenal 6th just to troll them.

Comments
nandaYNWA 8 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

i would say it'd be better to predict when the transfer window has concluded. for example, arsenal haven't done a lot of business but they might just sign someone incredible.

nandaYNWA 8 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

you never know; they might just pull an ozil or alexis out of a hat. they're still quite an attractive club for top players.

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

I'll go at it a bit randomly.

1.City

2.United

3.Liverpool

4.Chelsea

5.Arsenal

6.Tottenham

7.Leicester

• History

I'll go at it a bit randomly.

1.City

2.United

3.Liverpool

4.Arsenal

5.Tottenham

6.Leicester

7.Chelsea

KaKa_CS 8 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 1 910

1-Man City
2-Chelsea
3-Man United
4-Liverpool
5-Arsenal
6-Spurs
7-Everton

tiki_taka 8 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Conte And Pep for the win, Wenger And Mou for Europe, Spurs Will get hurt by Cl, Leicester in midtable.

1- City : Best squad with à consistent coach
2- Chelsea : Conte will bring what all PL clubs doesnt have, compact defense, could have gone dar in CL.
3- United only because Ibra there.
4- Arsenal : no explanation needed here unless They sign a WC striker.
5- Spurs loosing points on CL, not used to that kind of sacrifice.
6- Liverpool : the squad isnt impressive despite Klopp
7- West Ham : had to put a 7th

Emobot7 8 years ago Edited
538 11435

@tiki_taka Interesting analysis buddy, I think that make a lot of sense.

• History

@tiki_taka Interesting analysis buddy, I think that make sense.

tiki_taka 8 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Thanks mate, remains only a prediction. Chelsea might win aswell And I think Mou will need à season to rebuild.

• History

Thanks mate, remains only a prediction. Chelsea mighty wins aswell And I think Mou will need à season to rebuild.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

As nanda stated really hard to predict before the transfer window is concluded. Lots of things happening in the EPL top clubs now.. New managers and a lot of transfers. Leicester has already lost Kanté and perhaps Mahrez will eventually leave too. I would be surprised to see them in the top 7.. I also think Chelsea will do a lot better under Conte. Especially since they don't have to focus on the international cups and since I don't believe Conte is done with new signings, but in the end of the day City will prove to be to strong under Pep.

1. City
  2. United
  3. Arsenal
  4. Chelsea
  5. Spurs
  6. Liverpool
  7. Leicester

Edit: Chelsea's defense looks shaky, so unless we sign a really good defender (Read Koulibaly!) which the latest is that we won't, I don't think Chelsea will manage to finish 2nd. Now we are looking like starting against west ham with the same back 4 that were shaky at best last season. Lodatz post helped me realize that the transition period might be longer than first expected too..

United with Pogba and Zlatan might prove to be a success, though, so I'll have them as runners up instead.

And Wenger seems to be in the mood for doing some transfers (Oooor?) and if they end up signing Mustafi and Mahrez I'm convinced they'll end up higher than Chelsea at the table.

I also switched places on Pool and Spurs, as I feel that Pool are too inconsistent while Spurs have convinced me during pre-season. Too bad they'll both end up just outside the Cl spots though ;)

And lastly, Leicester instead of Everton taking the 7th spot. Musa looks very promising and they've managed to keep almost all of their players too. Big questionmark on Mahrez whether he's going to stay. He might be the deciding factor..

• History

As nanda stated really hard to predict before the transfer window is concluded. Lots of things happening in the EPL top clubs now.. New managers and a lot of transfers. Leicester has already lost Kanté and perhaps Mahrez will eventually leave too. I would be surprised to see them in the top 7.. I also think Chelsea will do a lot better under Conte. Especially since they don't have to focus on the international cups and since I don't believe Conte is done with new signings, but in the end of the day City will prove to be to strong under Pep.

1. City
  2. Chelsea
  3. United
  4. Arsenal
  5. Liverpool
  6. Spurs
  7. Everton

1. City
  2. United
  3. Arsenal
  4. Chelsea
  5. Spurs
  6. Liverpool
  7. Everton

Edit: Chelsea's defense looks shaky, so unless we sign a really good defender (Read Koulibaly!) which the latest is that we won't, I don't think Chelsea will manage to finish 2nd. Now we are looking like starting against west ham with the same back 4 that were shaky at best last season. Lodatz post helped me realize that the transition period might be longer than first expected too..

United with Pogba and Zlatan might prove to be a success, though, so I'll have them as runners up instead.

And Wenger seems to be in the mood for doing some transfers (Oooor?) and if they end up signing Mustafi and Mahrez I'm convinced they'll end up higher than Chelsea at the table.

I also switched places on Pool and Spurs, as I feel that Pool are too inconsistent while Spurs have convinced me during pre-season. Too bad they'll both end up just outside the Cl spots though ;)

1. City
  2. United
  3. Arsenal
  4. Chelsea
  5. Spurs
  6. Liverpool
  7. Leicester

TomChelsea 8 years ago
Chelsea, England 0 3
  1. Man City
  2. Chelsea
  3. Man Utd
  4. Arsenal
  5. Spurs
  6. Liverpool
  7. Leicester

I reckon with Pep, City have to win. Conte will reform Chelsea, Mourinio will be out classed by City and Chelsea and Arsenal have only delivered one second and no first places in the last 5 to 10 years, and they don't look like getting more that fourth this year!!! Spurs, I don't reckon will be able to beat the big teams this season. Liverpool will have improved drastically and will play attractive attacking football but just wont have that defensive solidity and then Leicester. They will never pull of another season like last so I cant realistically see them challenging for the top four again.

Rowley 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 193

@saatvik10 its good to see a manchester united seeing the bright future of the club m8, next season is going to be great :P

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

1-Tottenham
2-MU
3-City
Arsenal-Liverpool
5-Arsenal
6-Chelsea
7-Leicster

saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

@Rowley Yeah, but I'm confused whether I'm being overly optimistic or all the others are just severely underestimating us.

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11435

@saatvik I think we just expect a lot from Guardiola and Manchester City who have such a good team in term of qualitiy. But to be sincere, I expect United to go far next season in the league. They really should at the very least make it to toup for and I really hope they can challenge for first place in the league. I just hope that both manchester will make a interesting season and that the difference between the two top team will be as small as possible. To be sincere, I think it would be fine if United would win but its hard to say if they actually can. Good luck in any case. ;)

Lodatz 8 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

I think many here are underestimating how much time it will take for Chelsea, City and United to find momentum and rhythm.

Chelsea have an elderly defense, and while Azpi can handle Conte's FB demands, I'm not sure they have anyone else who can. Also, with Costa wanting to leave, their star striker is now Batshuayi. Conte has had it easy in Italy, being the one horse in a one horse race, and won't get away with as many sloppy performances as he could at Juventus. This will be a much bigger test, and he is trying to overhaul a side. I would expect a Top 6 finish, but it might not be until next year that we start to truly see Chelsea return to the big-time.

City too need a squad overhaul, and while Guardiola is clearly going to whip them into a better side, there is still a question mark over how long that will take. The air of invincibility that City have had for the last few years was shattered last season, so, expect every team in the league to be trying to squeeze points out of them. Like Conte, Guardiola has had it easy at Bayern, and if he starts to drop points, then they might not be title challengers after all.

As for United, I am torn. I think they will do well, but again, big squad overhaul and new manager. It could go either way.

By contrast, Arsenal and Tottenham will have consistency, and while some seem to think the latter lacks 'real quality', maybe it should be remembered that Spurs got the league's best Goal Difference last year, with the league's youngest team. Oh, and we had the league's top scorer, the PFA Young Footballer of the Year, one of the best goalkeepers in the world, the league's best CB pairing, and Eriksen, who got more assists than either Payet OR Mahrez. And we have lost NONE of our players, and picked up a 22-year old striker named Janssen who scored 31 goals last season. Don't underestimate Spurs.

So, with that in mind, here's a fair guess:

1. City
  2. Tottenham
  3. Arsenal
  4. United
  5. Chelsea
  6. Liverpool
  7. West Ham
  8. Leicester
  • History

I think many here are underestimating how much time it will take for Chelsea, City and United to find momentum and rhythm.

Chelsea have an elderly defense, and while Azpi can handle Conte's FB demands, I'm not sure they have anyone else who can. Also, with Costa wanting to leave, their star striker is now Batshuayi. Conte has had it easy in Italy, and won't get away with as many draws as he could at Juventus. This will be a much bigger test, and he is trying to overhaul a side. I would expect a Top 6 finish, but it might not be until next year that we start to truly see Chelsea return to the big-time.

City too need a squad overhaul, and while Guardiola is clearly going to whip them into a better side, there is still a question mark over how long that will take. The air of invincibility that City have had for the last few years was shattered last season, so, expect every team in the league to be trying to squeeze points out of them. Like Conte, Guardiola has had it easy at Bayern, and if he starts to drop points, then they might not be title challengers after all.

As for United, I am torn. I think they will do well, but again, big squad overhaul and new manager. It could go either way.

By contrast, Arsenal and Tottenham will have consistency, and while some seem to think the latter lacks 'real quality', maybe it should be remembered that Spurs got the league's best Goal Difference last year, with the league's youngest team. Oh, and we had the league's top scorer, the PFA Young Footballer of the Year, one of the best goalkeepers in the world, the league's best CB pairing, and Eriksen, who got more assists than either Payet OR Mahrez.

1. City
  2. Tottenham
  3. Arsenal
  4. United
  5. Chelsea
  6. Liverpool
  7. West Ham
  8. Leicester

Chelsea have an elderly defense, and while Azpi can handle Conte's FB demands, I'm not sure they have anyone else who can. Also, with Costa wanting to leave, their star striker is now Batshuayi. Conte has had it easy in Italy, and won't get away with as many draws as he could at Juventus. This will be a much bigger test, and he is trying to overhaul a side. I would expect a Top 6 finish, but it might not be until next year that we start to truly see Chelsea return to the big-time.

By contrast, Arsenal and Tottenham will have consistency, and while some seem to think the latter lacks 'real quality', maybe it should be remembered that Spurs got the league's best Goal Difference last year, with the league's youngest team. Oh, and we had the league's top scorer, the PFA Young Footballer of the Year, one of the best goalkeepers in the world, the league's best CB pairing, and Eriksen, who got more assists than either Payet OR Mahrez. And we have lost NONE of our players, and picked up Janssen (who happens to be the only player to score more than 25 goals in the Dutch league since, er, RONALDO in 1995!). Don't underestimate Spurs.

1. City
  2. Tottenham
  3. Arsenal
  4. United
  5. Chelsea
  6. Liverpool
  7. West Ham
  8. Leicester

Chelsea have an elderly defense, and while Azpi can handle Conte's FB demands, I'm not sure they have anyone else who can. Also, with Costa wanting to leave, their star striker is now Batshuayi. Conte has had it easy in Italy, being the one horse in a one horse race, and won't get away with as many sloppy performances as he could at Juventus. This will be a much bigger test, and he is trying to overhaul a side. I would expect a Top 6 finish, but it might not be until next year that we start to truly see Chelsea return to the big-time.

By contrast, Arsenal and Tottenham will have consistency, and while some seem to think the latter lacks 'real quality', maybe it should be remembered that Spurs got the league's best Goal Difference last year, with the league's youngest team. Oh, and we had the league's top scorer, the PFA Young Footballer of the Year, one of the best goalkeepers in the world, the league's best CB pairing, and Eriksen, who got more assists than either Payet OR Mahrez. And we have lost NONE of our players, and picked up Janssen (who happens to be the only player to score more than 25 goals in the Dutch league since, er, RONALDO in 1995!). Don't underestimate Spurs.

1. City
  2. Tottenham
  3. Arsenal
  4. United
  5. Chelsea
  6. Liverpool
  7. West Ham
  8. Leicester
Lodatz 8 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Also, let's just think for a moment on how beautiful it is that we have Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho, Antonio Conte, Arsene Wenger, Mauricio Pochettino, Jurgen Klopp and Claudio Ranieri all managing in the same league.

More than one of them is going to be disappointed, at the end of the season. Can't find that level of competition anywhere else.

• History

Also, let's just think for a moment on how beautiful it is that we have Pep Guardiola, Jose Mourinho, Antonio Conte, Arsene Wenger, Mauricio Pochettino, Jurgen Klopp and Claudio Ranieri all managing in the same league.

Can't find it anywhere else.

Gennady 8 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961
  1. Manchester United
  2. Manchester City
  3. Tottenham
  4. Arsenal
  5. Chelsea
  6. Leicester City
  7. West Ham
saatvik10 8 years ago
Manchester United, India 27 540

@Gennady, no place for Liverpool?? :p

Gennady 8 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

@saatvik10 as much as I like Klopp, I just don't see Liverpool finishing in top 7...

Emrecan_58 8 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

I didn't have enough time to follow transfers or the preseason games. But my surprise prediction goes for West Ham to make it in top6. And Leicester to have hard times at the bottom.