Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Poll: Costa replacements
kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

Hey folks,

Who would be the most possible/desirable replacement if Costa DOES leave Chelsea?

I'll create 2 polls here.

1. Most possible:
Comments
Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

okay differing opinions! But I'm glad were not arguing at least. I respect your points...hopefully it's mutual.

Sure, and I'll hand you a +1 to show that I mean it. :) I really do have a great amount of respect for Juve and her players.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

Hey Chelsea fans (Or anyone who knows enough to educate me on this matter), why do you reject Lukaku? Why did Chelsea give up on the second coming of Drogba?

Honestly, I always thought he was a lazy prima donna who thought that he deserved everything he asked for. Am I being extremely harsh with my analysis?

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@madridista No, that was it^

hopefully it's mutual.

I doubt it, because most what you've said has been wrong.

I like how confident you are that Juve is so much better than Spurs too. They aren't. Spurs are on pair with Chelsea atm, as proven by the way they outplayed us and their last convincing 4-0 game.

Then you went ahead and used Arsenal as an example of a team that plays long balls, which is when it became obvious that you don't know what you're talking about. I actually checked it up just to being able to back it up further. Arsenal has 51 long balls per game and 524 short passes, in comparison to Liverpool's (Hey Klopp!) 57 long balls per game and 536 short passes.

Juventus then? 64 long balls and 457 short passes per game. And guess what the rest of the league's teams have even higher.

I also saw that EPL has A LOT more goals from open play than Serie A with only Napoli coming in close to the top teams in EPL. And the reason being that they're top in short passes (617) while realtively few long balls - 58 (For Serie A).

Do you need any other proof that your arguments are outdated?

When it comes to Serie A being more technical (maybe still true - not sure - but it's certainly slower so maybe) or more tactical (lol - As I've mentioned there's no league in the world as EPL with as many different kind of teams with their own unique style of play and tactics - Chelsea with 3 line defense etc - that the other teams have to cope with). An important thing to remember is that a lot of what people talk about regarding leagues as a whole are generalizations. With today's global game there may be Italian coaches bringing Serie A tactics to England or vice versa.They are ideas that tend to stick in people's (yours) minds and are not absolutes.

I also like how you took Klopp's quote out of context. I mean he drew against United last minute and had to blame it on something.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

But guys, we can't really compare two team who are playing in different league and like I alway say, the best league in the wolrd is the one you enjoy the most. To all people who think EPL "is" the best league, no, its not. Because to be the best league in the world, it would have to be considered so by everybody in the world of football. What I'm saying is yeah, for a lots of you guys, the PL is the best and I agree its propably the most popular league in world. However, the fact its the best league is a opinion, one that I as a huge fan of the PL can respect. However, I can also respect people who like La Liga or Série A better, heck, I can even respect people who think MLS or the Chinese league is better, because it doesn't bother me or my opinion. What I'm trying to explain is we all got our preference and we don't actually need to trash the favorite league of someone else to prove he wrong not to agree with us. I know this is the internet but come on, its still fine to have opinion, right? :D

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Juve would trash Spurs easy, Juve is no Monaco in big games they are there...

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

What an incredible discussion. Iam at work, I shouldn't be reading all of this...

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@tiki Football isn't like that Tiki, you can't say, this team would beat this other team 100% of the time. Its not how it work. When both team are at their best, I would agree that Tottenham would propably lose but in my opinion, not by a big margin. Also, while Juventus is still one of the best team in the world even now, look at their run of game this season, they haven't dominate as much as they should, lost against Inter and Fiorentina. Even in european league, they looked like they lacked motivation. Its not all good for them either despite their many win and I can't help but feel like if the two team (Juventus vs Tottenham met right now, it could go in totaly different direction we would expect. In the end, I still believe Juventus does have a bit more quality than Tottenham but that doesn't mean everything in a game.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@tiki Football isn't like that Tiki, you can't say, this team would beat this other team 100% of the time. Its not how it work. When both team are at their best, I would agree that Tottenham would propably lose but in my opinion, not by a big margin. Also, while Juventus is still one of the best team in the world even now, look at their run of game this season, they haven't dominate as much as they should, lost against Inter and Fiorentina. Even in european league, they looked like they lacked motivation. Its not all good for them either despite their many win and I can't help but feel like if the two team (Juventus vs Tottenham met right now, it could go in totaly different direction we would expect. But yeah, in my opinion, Juventus does have a bit more quality than Tottenham.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Juve would trash barca easy, juve is no bilbao in big games they are there....

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@emo with background of what you just mentioned, Spurs hasn't been this good in years.. They would surely be a challenging opponent for any team..

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

What if Costa is footyroom user here and sees all this ... until Costa leaves I refuse to disclose my preference Griezman will be ideal replacement .. until then i refuse out of respect to Costa

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

Kind of passively reading this thread and most of it's funny, and I have no desire to get involved, buuuuuut

Juventus would come 10th in the PL. :)

I wouldn't say I laughed, but I exhaled way harder than usual.

Tuanis 7 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Cool.. Im gone for a couple of weeks and we moved on from EPL vs La Liga to EPL vs Serie A (which is even more ridiculous).

Voted for Lukaku first and Auba in the second.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@KTB Spurs haven't been too good in Europe but I feel they have been playing really good in their domestic league. Its seem what I was saying was confusing as well, sorry for that. :(

@Tuanis

and Auba in the second.

Everyone who voted Auba can get a plus 1! :D

Also, for anybody who still care about the point of this thread, its seem we won't need a replacement for Costa after all as he seem to be back with the first team now.

• History

@KTB Spurs haven't been too good in Europe but I feel they have been playing really good in their domestic league. Its seem what I was saying was confusing as well, sorry for that. :(

@Tuanis

and Auba in the second.

Everyone who voted Auba can get a plus 1! :D

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Lol juve would probably consistenly stay in the top 4 or win the premier league if they were in it.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Also the reason that epl teams don't do well in ucl or europa league is because they get more money for performing inthe premier league and get more recognition for winning the premier league than winning the ucl.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@Madridista11

I voted Lukaku actually ! Realistically Griezman won't be here . Who is available ? Lukaku ! All out striker . Griezman is at most center forward and he will be amazing addition but I don't know if he will leave Atletico for us .. there will be bidding war if it will be apparent that he is available !

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

also it seems, from how the media are shaping this, that griezmann would prefer united

JuanMata10 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

The only one I want is Griezmann

Why is Dybala mentioned in the same breath as (some of) the best strikers in the world? He literally only had one top level season.

• History

The only one I want is Griezmann

Why is Dybala mentioned in the same breath as the best strikers in the world? He literally only had one top level season.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@lodatz

Who is joking? You really should. Why? Because I know a lot about football and am very accurate with my claims, very informed in my opinions, and because I back myself up with stats and facts.

I dont think i saw any stats or facts - you cant be accurate when you try to claim how Juve would do in the Premier League that is purely speculation. Honestly ]] if you think Premier League is more technical than Serie A, I dont know what to say to you, because your clearly biased from your love of Spurs, which is fine. Gonzi has actually made some really good points and from an outside perspective you really havent made any, let alone claims based on facts or stats. The only thing present in your argument is your opinion. Which is fine, but like you said . the rest of footyroom (generally speaking) is on the same page as GOnzi , in thinking that the Premiere league is a great , entertaining , fast paced , physical game , but not quite as technical as Seria A or La liga. The fact that your dont see it too just shows how blinded you are.

Another point you made , was about how all of spurs players are better on paper , that was a really weak argument

First of all we all know Epl players are overrated when it comes to their ratings on paper. furthermore On paper i highly doubt spurs has a better lineup than Juve but i would never use that as my argument because that means literally nothing, Form and chemisry/confidence are everything. Dortmund does not have the best team 'on paper " by any means but they destroyed tottenham, real madrid , other big teams that have better players as you claim.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

@Marcus With the way your team is playing, it's hard for anyone to say no to that club. And yes I do agree with what you said not to mention he is 2 years younger, much taller and heavier.