Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Poll: Costa replacements
kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

Hey folks,

Who would be the most possible/desirable replacement if Costa DOES leave Chelsea?

I'll create 2 polls here.

1. Most possible:
Comments
tuan_jinn 7 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Interesting. Anyone watch more of the Juve games? I watched Milan last game and they looked very promising again.

And they can beat Arsenal, Spur or smth, still Italian, cold head, our English team somehow always manage to screw sh1t up

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Interesting. Anyone watch more of the Juve games? I watched Milan last game and they looked very promising again.

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Dynast:

Actually, it was Allegri who led them to the final - not Conte. Conte couldn't even make it out of the group stage in his last season at Juventus.

You're right. My mistake. It was, however, heavily thanks to a crop of players now departed.

It's arguable whether or not Pogba was Juve's best player too.

I'd challenge you to find someone who says otherwise, aside from among people here on FootyRoom (all of a sudden). I mean, you could probably find a Juve site which has an article saying how much they think Chiellini was really their best player, but that's likely a little biased. Kinda like a Tottenham fan denying that Bale was our best player, or Arsenal fans with Febregas, etc.

Some articles from newspapers might be nice?

Well, we might be lucky enough to see Juve face and English team yet, so maybe that will decide the matter.

That's very true. We'll have to see what the future holds. That's generally why I dislike predictions, tbh with you, because they don't always follow the rules set by the context. For example: very few people would have predicted Liverpool beating Milan in 2005. The context of the footballing world would have laughed at one for suggesting it. But it still happened.

Does that mean it would happen again, if they played that same final another 5 times? I reckon not. Anyway, I got side-tracked. Yes, if Juventus does play against an English team this year, maybe we'll see a clearer picture. It would be a little hilarious though if it ended up being Leicester. :p

I'd rather take his word on Juventus, even though he is just one person, rather than a group of people who don't watch them at all.

Yes, but here's the thing about that: Gonzi is spending his time watching Juve INSTEAD of the PL teams. So all he sees is Juventus beating lesser teams with ease, and winning the title on the trot. And he thinks that means he's seeing the bigger picture.

But he's not. Because he's not watching the 5 or 6 teams in the PL who could compete with Juventus (and I boldly claim they could all probably win the Italian league, though not necessarily easily). He doesn't know how good THEY are, whereas we can all see how good Juventus are by the fact they've utterly dominated the Italian league for 5 seasons now, and that Final run was the first time since 2003 they even got past the QFs.

And then they lost most of the best players they had.

See, when we take out Gonzi's bias towards his own team, the cold equation seems rather clear.

But hey, all just opinions, eh? I would just point to Inter in 2010 as a similar example of Juventus in 2015.

I think it's imaginable that Juventus would finish in the Top 3 or 4 in the EPL, and outrageous to suggest that they wouldn't finish higher than 6th place (at the end of the season).

That's an opinion too, but it's certainly not outrageous either for KTB to point out that Dybala would be moving to a better league. Gonzi seems to think that the PL is just more popular than Serie A...

I think he is mistaken. ;)

• History

@Dynast:

Actually, it was Allegri who led them to the final - not Conte. Conte couldn't even make it out of the group stage in his last season at Juventus.

You're right. My mistake. It was, however, heavily thanks to a crop of players now departed.

I'd challenge you to find anyone who says otherwise, aside from among people here on FootyRoom.

Well, we might be lucky enough to see Juve face and English team yet, so maybe that will decide the matter.

That's very true. We'll have to see what the future holds. That's generally why I dislike predictions, tbh with you, because they don't always follow the rules set by the context. For example: very few people would have predicted Liverpool beating Milan in 2005. The context of the footballing world would have laughed at one for suggesting it. But it still happened.

Does that mean it would happen again, if they played that same final another 5 times? I reckon not. Anyway, I got side-tracked. Yes, if Juventus does play against an English team this year, maybe we'll see a clearer picture. It would be a little hilarious though if it ended up being Leicester. :p

I'd rather take his word on Juventus, even though he is just one person, rather than a group of people who don't watch them at all.

Yes, but here's the thing about that: Gonzi is spending his time watching Juve INSTEAD of the PL teams. So all he sees is Juventus beating lesser teams with ease, and winning the title on the trot. And he thinks that means he's seeing the bigger picture.

But he's not. Because he's not watching the 5 or 6 teams in the PL who could compete with Juventus (and I boldly claim they could all probably win the Italian league, though not necessarily easily). He doesn't know how good THEY are, whereas we can all see how good Juventus are by the fact they've utterly dominated the Italian league for 5 seasons now, and that Final run was the 2nd time since 2003 they even got past the QFs.

See, when we take out Gonzi's bias towards his own team, the cold equation seems rather clear.

But hey, all just opinions, eh?

I think it's imaginable that Juventus would finish in the Top 3 or 4 in the EPL, and outrageous to suggest that they wouldn't finish higher than 6th place (at the end of the season).

That's an opinion too, but it's certainly not outrageous either for KTB to point out that Dybala would be moving to a better league. He seems to think that the PL is just more popular than Serie A...

@Dynast:

I'd challenge you to find anyone who says otherwise, aside from among people here on FootyRoom (all of a sudden).

But he's not. Because he's not watching the 5 or 6 teams in the PL who could compete with Juventus (and I boldly claim they could all probably win the Italian league, though not necessarily easily). He doesn't know how good THEY are, whereas we can all see how good Juventus are by the fact they've utterly dominated the Italian league for 5 seasons now, and that Final run was the 2nd time since 2003 they even got past the QFs.

That's an opinion too, but it's certainly not outrageous either for KTB to point out that Dybala would be moving to a better league. He seems to think that the PL is just more popular than Serie A...

@Dynast:

I'd challenge you to find someone who says otherwise, aside from among people here on FootyRoom (all of a sudden). I mean, you could probably find a Juve site which has an article saying how much they think Chiellini is their best player, but that's likely a little biased. Kinda like a Tottenham fan denying that Bale was our best player, or Arsenal fans with Febregas, etc.

@Dynast:

I'd challenge you to find someone who says otherwise, aside from among people here on FootyRoom (all of a sudden). I mean, you could probably find a Juve site which has an article saying how much they think Chiellini was really their best player, but that's likely a little biased. Kinda like a Tottenham fan denying that Bale was our best player, or Arsenal fans with Febregas, etc.

@Dynast:

That's an opinion too, but it's certainly not outrageous either for KTB to point out that Dybala would be moving to a better league. Gonzi seems to think that the PL is just more popular than Serie A...

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

I think they problems with PL teams in europe at this moment are

-Chelsea had beening doing a decent job until last year
-Man United had been rebuilding
-Man city didn't have enough europe experience or luck. You can see it from PSG, they had a good team but needed years to become a respectable team in UCL (City reached semi last year though, so may be we can assume they got enough experiences???)
-Arsenal never had intention to win UCL (they just want to qualify and get revenues)
-Spurs is not mature enough (much worse than City)
-Liverpool was in their own shadow until Klopp took over (We will see how they will perform next year in UCL if they qualify)

In honesty, I believe managers of top 6 PL teams are arguably among the best managers. I think PL teams will make some impacts in next few years.

Lodatz 7 years ago

How much do you think it take Bayern to budge on Lewa?

I bet Chelsea would pay it...

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

@Lodatz for this window?

Lodatz 7 years ago

For any window, I guess. Is Costa set to go now, or in the summer?

kyoekyar 7 years ago Edited
12 163

I just don't think Chelsea would go for someone who is near their 30. It's not worth too. But if you insist, may be 70-80? If it's 100, I will just add 20-30 more and will go for Girezmann. He's much younger.

Edit: sorry, forget to add. 70-80 is for this window. I think in summer, it can be much cheaper, may be 60 will do.

• History

I just don't think Chelsea would go for someone who is near their 30. It's not worth too. But if you insist, may be 70-80? If it's 100, I will just add 20-30 more and will go for Girezmann. He's much younger.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Lodatz @kuokyar Pretty sure Bayern wouldn't let Lewandoski leave for less than 100M on this window. After all, winter transfer, its kinda hard to find a decent replacement. Especially at striker position where the prize are the worse.

@Lodatz List of player that were more important at Juventus than Pogba in my personal opinion: Chiellini, Bonuci, Marchisio and Buffon. Pogba is still a bit of a overated and overhyped player because of his versality and age but at the end of the day, he won't win you game on his onw or change the course of a game by himself (at least, he can't alway do it).

• History

@Lodatz @kuokyar Pretty sure Bayern wouldn't let Lewandoski leave for less than 100M on this window. After all, winter transfer, its kinda hard to find a decent replacement. Especially at striker position where the prize are the worse.

@Emo: Well, if the consensus is that Pogba is/was overrated, then who am I to argue? Fair enough.

• History

If the consensus is that Pogba is/was overrated, then who am I to argue?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Lodatz To be fair, most United fan agree they overpaid him and that he wasn't worth that much. But for sure, he is not a bad player and was quite important at Juve. Just not the most important in my opinion.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102
  1. pogba isn't our best player, now or before. never was. It was tevez, pirlo and chiellini. now dybala, higuain, bonucci...heck even pjanic. No Juve fan made a big deal about pogba leaving, because we knew the player he was. He is not a game changer, he is not technically gifted, he's undisciplined. He had lucky long shots that somehow seemed to go in and he has long strides. That is all pogba has. Juve fans know this. But i guess in the premier league...he's a huge star... i don't know...i really don't understand.
  2. um...i watch all premier league games...because they are available to me. So I don't know why you're making stuff up, saying that I don't watch them. I watch serie a games, I watch premier league games, and I watch the barca, real and psg games only.

"Yes, but here's the thing about that: Gonzi is spending his time watching Juve INSTEAD of the PL teams. So all he sees is Juventus beating lesser teams with ease, and winning the title on the trot. And he thinks that means he's seeing the bigger picture."

...so that's a big fault on your part.
I don't know what you watch...but i'm almost certain you only watch premier and highlights, whereas I watch both leagues.

3.Juve would finish in the top 4 in the premier league...i don't know if we would win...i have no idea...how would i know...but we would challenge that's for sure. whoever said below top 10 is an idiot

4.I'm not going to insult you or your team...lodatz...believe it or not...i actually like the spurs...but theres no way the spurs would beat juve. any football fan with logic knows that juve are definitely a better team. and what you're second in the prem...? That's saying something for Juve. Enjoy the europa league.

• History
  1. pogba isn't our best player, now or before. never was. It was tevez, pirlo and chiellini. now dybala, higuain, bonucci...heck even pjanic. No Juve fan made a big deal about pogba leaving, because we knew the player he was. He is not a game changer, he is not technically gifted, he's undisciplined. He had lucky long shots that somehow seemed to go in and he has long strides. That is all pogba has. Juve fans know this. But i guess in the premier league...he's a huge star... i don't know...i really don't understand.
  2. um...i watch all premier league games...because they are available to me. So I don't know why you're making stuff up, saying that I don't watch them. I watch serie a games, I watch premier league games, and I watch the barca, real and psg games only.

"Yes, but here's the thing about that: Gonzi is spending his time watching Juve INSTEAD of the PL teams. So all he sees is Juventus beating lesser teams with ease, and winning the title on the trot. And he thinks that means he's seeing the bigger picture."

...so that's a big fault on your part.
I don't know what you watch...but i'm almost certain you only watch premier and highlights, whereas I watch both leagues.

1. Juve would finish in the top 4 in the premier league...i don't know if we would win...i have no idea...how would i know...but we would challenge that's for sure. whoever said below top 10 is an idiot

2. I'm not going to insult you or your team...lodatz...believe it or not...i actually like the spurs...but theres no way the spurs would beat juve. any football fan with logic knows that juve are definitely a better team. and what you're second in the prem...? That's saying something for Juve. Enjoy the europa league.

pogba isn't our best player, now or before. never was. It was tevez, pirlo and chiellini. now dybala, higuain, bonucci...heck even pjanic

Yes, because Pjanic is better than Pogba. Really.

No Juve fan made a big deal about pogba leaving, because we knew the player he was. He is not a game changer, he is not technically gifted,

Ah yes, that must be why Barcelona, City and United were circling. Because of his lack of technique.

um...i watch all premier league games...because they are available to me. So I don't know why you're making stuff up, saying that I don't watch them.

Well, because you don't seem to understand that Serie A is not as tough, as technical nor as tactical as the PL. I mean, anyone who watches the two leagues would be able to know that PL teams don't usually use Long Ball tactics, and haven't for about 5 years now, so the fact that you didn't know that made me think that maybe you don't watch much PL football.

3.Juve would finish in the top 4 in the premier league...i don't know if we would win...i have no idea...how would i know...but we would challenge that's for sure. whoever said below top 10 is an idiot

LOL. You're the one who got all pissy because KTB said that Dybala would move to a better league if he moved to the PL, which is true. Maybe you just don't want to lose Dybala, and so you're telling yourself that he has no reason to ever want to leave your beloved club.

I told myself that Bale wasn't our best player too. But really I was just in denial. You can let it go, man.

any football fan with logic knows that juve are definitely a better team

Oh do they now? Well, clearly because Gonzi said so, it must be true. Never mind the fact that if you compare the two teams, Tottenham have better players in nearly every department, and anyone who understands football knows that to be a fact. Disagree? Well, you're not being logical. See how easy it is to make such statements? Yet I must respect your bias over mine, because clearly you use logic so much better than I do...

and what you're second in the prem...? That's saying something for Juve.

Yes, it's saying that Juve have no competition. Like I said, I would put money on United or any of the Top 6 drawing or beating Juventus.

• History

pogba isn't our best player, now or before. never was. It was tevez, pirlo and chiellini. now dybala, higuain, bonucci...heck even pjanic

No Juve fan made a big deal about pogba leaving, because we knew the player he was. He is not a game changer, he is not technically gifted,

Ah yes, that must be why Barcelona, City and United were circling. Because of his lack of technique.

um...i watch all premier league games...because they are available to me. So I don't know why you're making stuff up, saying that I don't watch them.

Well, because you don't seem to understand that Serie A is not as tough, as technical nor as tactical as the PL. I mean, anyone who watches the two leagues would be able to know that PL teams don't use Long Ball tactics, and haven't for about 5 years now, so the fact that you didn't know that made me realize that you don't watch much PL football.

Maybe you're just not paying much attention when you watch?

LOL. You're the one who got all pissy because KTB said that Dybala would move to a better league if he moved to the PL, which is true. Maybe you just don't want to lose Dybala, and so you're telling yourself that he has no reason to ever want to leave your beloved club.

See above about the Bale syndrome. :)

Oh do they now? Well, clearly because Gonzi said so, it must be true. Never mind the fact that if you compare the two teams, Tottenham have better players in nearly every department. I must respect your bias over mine, because clearly you use LOGIC so much better than I do...

Well, because you don't seem to understand that Serie A is not as tough, as technical nor as tactical as the PL. I mean, anyone who watches the two leagues would be able to know that PL teams don't use Long Ball tactics, and haven't for about 5 years now, so the fact that you didn't know that made me realize that you don't watch much PL football.

Maybe you're just not paying much attention when you watch?

Oh do they now? Well, clearly because Gonzi said so, it must be true. Never mind the fact that if you compare the two teams, Tottenham have better players in nearly every department, and anyone who understands football knows that to be a fact. See how easy it is to make such statements? Yet I must respect your bias over mine, because clearly you use logic so much better than I do...

Yes, it's saying that Juve have no competition. Like I said, I would put money on United or any of the Top 6 drawing or beating Juventus.

Well, because you don't seem to understand that Serie A is not as tough, as technical nor as tactical as the PL. I mean, anyone who watches the two leagues would be able to know that PL teams don't usually use Long Ball tactics, and haven't for about 5 years now, so the fact that you didn't know that made me think that maybe you don't watch much PL football.

Oh do they now? Well, clearly because Gonzi said so, it must be true. Never mind the fact that if you compare the two teams, Tottenham have better players in nearly every department, and anyone who understands football knows that to be a fact. See how easy it is to make such statements? Yet I must respect your bias over mine, because clearly you use logic so much better than I do...

I told myself that Bale wasn't our best player too. But really I was just in denial. You can let it go, man.

yes, 100% pjanic is better than pogba. 100%. you know why you don't know this. because you don't watch serie a and pogba is "popular".

did he join city or barca...2 teams challenging for CL...no

the only tough thing about epl is the number of games they play. Serie a is definitely more tactical.

here's a day old article on klopp talking about long balls in the premier league http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38632099

dybala would never move to the prem. not even if united offered him 120 million. here's a link of dybala blatantly insulting united http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10697230/man-utds-paul-pogba-missing-juventus-claims-former-team-mate-paulo-dybala

juve>spurs....ask any football fan....literally anyone, exclude tottenham fans and juve fans from voting. make a poll here. on footyroom. i dare you. make a poll. make a thread. and i'll watch the comments as spurs get destroyed. once again, enjoy the europa league

"any of the Top 6 drawing or beating Juventus." lol. do you watch football. we beat city twice last year. in the CL. during their best ever run, when all of the prem fans were rooting for city to go far.

stop embarrassing yourself.

• History

yes, 100% pjanic is better than pogba. 100%. you know why you don't know this. because you don't watch serie a and pogba is "popular".

the only tough ting about epl is the number of games they play. Serie a is definitely more tactical.

here's a day old article on klopp talking about long balls in the premier league http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/38632099

dybala would never move to the prem. not even if united offered him 120 million. here's a link of dybala blatantly insulting united http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10697230/man-utds-paul-pogba-missing-juventus-claims-former-team-mate-paulo-dybala

juve>spurs....ask any football fan....literally anyone, exclude tottenham fans and juve fans from voting. make a poll here. on footyroom. i dare you. make a poll. make a thread. and i'll watch the comments as spurs get destroyed. once again, enjoy the premier league

the only tough thing about epl is the number of games they play. Serie a is definitely more tactical.

juve>spurs....ask any football fan....literally anyone, exclude tottenham fans and juve fans from voting. make a poll here. on footyroom. i dare you. make a poll. make a thread. and i'll watch the comments as spurs get destroyed. once again, enjoy the premier league

juve>spurs....ask any football fan....literally anyone, exclude tottenham fans and juve fans from voting. make a poll here. on footyroom. i dare you. make a poll. make a thread. and i'll watch the comments as spurs get destroyed. once again, enjoy the europa league

Lodatz 7 years ago

yes, 100% pjanic is better than pogba.

I do remember we were looking at buying him a couple of years back when he was at Roma, but honestly he wasn't as good as Eirksen, so we bought him instead. :)

No, instead he joined United because United paid 90m for him, he had come from United's youth academy, and the idea was to get United back into the CL. I mean, how does that help your argument? Pogba chose to move to a team which was NOT in the CL, and who are NOT guaranteed to win the league, to take the next step in his career.

He stepped up, man. Sorry if that hurts your feelings.

the only tough ting about epl is the number of games they play. Serie a is definitely more tactical.

Says who? I say it is simply more ponderous, and less imaginative. The PL games are tougher because the standard of competition is higher, as well as an extra cup.

here's a day old article on klopp talking about long balls in the premier league

Yes, I know, and amusingly it turns out that HE uses more long balls than most of the league, and certainly more than United! It's hilarious that he didn't think to fact-check that before blaming it for his failure to beat United.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/liverpool-actually-launch-more-long-balls-than-manchester-united-a7529551.html

LOL

dybala would never move to the prem. not even if united offered him 120 million. here's a link of dybala blatantly insulting united

What? Nowhere in that article does he insult them. In fact he says that he and Juventus are missing Pogba. He just joked to say that Pogba must be missing Juve too, since he is not top of the league.

juve>spurs....ask any football fan....literally anyone, exclude tottenham fans and juve fans from voting. make a poll here. on footyroom. i dare you. make a poll. make a thread. and i'll watch the comments as spurs get destroyed

Sorry, but I have to break it to you: I don't think too highly of the conventional wisdom which has been adopted on FootyRoom, with regard to the Premier League. Too many people don't know what they are talking about, and trust to old myths like Long Ball accusations, or try to talk about how there are 'no tactics'. In fact, that's precisely why I keep on pointing things out to you, because I like to puncture those myths you all have with some actual facts.

Maybe that makes me a jerk. Or maybe, instead, the facts should be more important than whether or not it's fashionable to hate on the PL.

Maybe we should poll that instead?

"any of the Top 6 drawing or beating Juventus." lol. do you watch football. we beat city twice last year.

And finished a point below them in the group, before crashing out in the very next round. You're welcome. :)

• History

"any of the Top 6 drawing or beating Juventus." lol. do you watch football. we beat city twice last year. in the CL. during their best ever run, when all of the prem fans were rooting for city to go far.

And finished a point below them in the group. You're welcome. :)

none of your "excuses" insulted Juve so i'm good with this. You're just responding for arguments sake lol.

"And finished a point below them in the group, before crashing out in the very next round. You're welcome. :)" I mean we were talking about juve against a prem team...so i'm not sure what you're getting at. we beat them in 2 games.

long balls are definitely a premier league characteristic...no one can argue this. In no other league it's used as much as it is in the prem

dlck ride pogba all you want man, no one is stopping you. I'll stick with pjanic in a trequartista role any day. fino alla fine. history is with us. bianconeri!

I can't wait till we face tottenham....oh wait

make the polls man. haha sorry the footyroom users aren't at your level of football knowledge. you're brilliant! i should trust everything you say...nice joke. you watch one league and you support spurs. Maybe you should take note and a learn a thing or 2 when people have a convo about other leagues and their respective players. eriksen for balon d'or! hurrah for spurs!

• History

none of your "excuses" insulted Juve so i'm good with this. You're just responding for arguments sake lol.

"And finished a point below them in the group, before crashing out in the very next round. You're welcome. :)" I mean we were talking about juve against a prem team...so i'm not sure what you're getting at. we beat them in 2 games.

long balls are definitely a premier league characteristic...no one can argue this. In no other league it's used as much as it is in the prem

dlck ride pogba all you want man, no one is stopping you. I'll stick with pjanic in a trequartista role any day. fino alla fine. history is with us. bianconeri!

I can't wait till we face tottenham....oh wait

make the polls man. haha sorry the footyroom users aren't at your level of football knowledge. you brilliannt! i should trust everything you say...nice joke. you watch one league and you support spurs. Maybe you should take note and a learn a thing or to when people have a convo about other leagues and their respective players. eriksen for balon d'or! hurrah for spurs!

none of your "excuses" insulted Juve so i'm good with this.

Well, that's because my intention is not to insult Juve. I'm just presenting the truth.

long balls are definitely a premier league characteristic...no one can argue this.

Um, well, I can, because I watch the PL a lot more than you do, and can see that most teams now prefer shorter passing, and even play out from the back on Goal Kicks. Even the teams which come up from the Championship are doing this. Again, your criticism is simply out of date.

In no other league it's used as much as it is in the prem

Prove it. :) Go on, pull out the stats, like I did with that article.

dlck ride pogba all you want man, no one is stopping you.

I don't care about Pogba. I agree he's overrated. It's still true that he was one of if not the best player at Juventus.

you brilliannt! i should trust everything you say...nice joke

Who is joking? You really should. Why? Because I know a lot about football and am very accurate with my claims, very informed in my opinions, and because I back myself up with stats and facts.

Maybe you should take note and a learn a thing or to when people have a convo about other leagues and their respective players.

Says you, who decided to trash all over the Premier League just because one person said that Dybala would be moving to a better league (which is still a fact), pulling out obsolete stereotypes of English play. Why would I listen to that? It's clearly not true, and deserve to be pointed out as not true so that we can put an end to this echo chamber which has developed of the the last few years with no-one to challenge it.

Well, I say no-one, but KTB and Marcus along with some other Chelsea fans have been doing so. Kudos to them. I can see how many names they got called for doing so, though.

Sorry for insulting FR. Maybe I'll go back to reading all the trolling comments you leave on the videos, Gonzi. Is that what I should be learning from?

• History

none of your "excuses" insulted Juve so i'm good with this.

Well, that's because my intention is not to insult Juve. I'm just presenting the truth.

long balls are definitely a premier league characteristic...no one can argue this.

Um, well, I can, because I watch the PL a lot more than you do, and can see that most teams now prefer shorter passing, and even play out from the back on Goal Kicks. Even the teams which come up from the Championship are doing this. Again, your criticism is simply out of date.

In no other league it's used as much as it is in the prem

Prove it. :) Go on, pull out the stats, like I did with that article.

dlck ride pogba all you want man, no one is stopping you.

I don't care about Pogba. I agree he's overrated. It's still true that he was one of if not the best player at Juventus.

you brilliannt! i should trust everything you say...nice joke

Who is joking? You really should. Why? Because I know a lot about football and am very accurate with my claims, very informed in my opinions, and because I back myself up with stats and facts.

Maybe you should take note and a learn a thing or to when people have a convo about other leagues and their respective players.

Says you, who decided to trash all over the Premier League just because one person said that Dybala would be moving to a better league (which is still a fact), pulling out obsolete stereotypes of English play. Why would I listen to that? It's clearly not true, and deserve to be pointed out as not true so that we can put an end to this echo chamber which has developed of the the last few years with no-one to challenge it.

Well, I say no-one, but KTB and Marcus along with some other Chelsea fans have been doing so. Kudos to them. I can see how many names they got called for doing so, though.

Sorry for insulting FR. Maybe I'll go back to reading all the trolling comments you leave on the videos. Intelligent stuff. :)

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

good it was never my intention to insult spurs either. I've already said this, I enjoy watching spurs. But they are an inferior team, that's fact. inferior history, inferior champions league history, inferior league success.

I am not of date. How can it be out of date. I watched man united not more than a week ago play long ball tactics. I watched west ham play long ball tactics a week ago, Arsenal as well. How is this out of date? explain. Yes teams are moving out of it. But it's still present. City and Spurs and Everton are good examples of the future. Hopefully we'll see better football in the premier league soon. We are seeing better football. Deep lying midfielders like in the serie a would be good to see in the premier league.

okay pogba is overrated? We both dislike pogba..so that's done. As a Juve fan, and many other Juve supporter friends...I can once again repeat that Pogba was never our best player, never in the top 3 or 4. I'm telling you as a Juve fan. I don't understand why you can't accept this. As a Juve supporter I've had many discussions with friends. If you can't agree to this...Juve fans can back me up. But if you want to completely ignore a Juve fan on this, i guess go ahead...i don't understand why you're imposing he was our best player....when he never was. I gave you a list already, go back and read it.

I don't trash the premier league. I watch it for fks sake lol. You act like it's the best league...it's not. It's the most popular. 20 years ago, no one gave a fook about it, till the lucrative television deals. Same will happen to them...the prem will die down. The popularity of a league has a shelf life....whereas elite clubs last forever.

I repeat you watch one league, you support an average team with recent "success". Long balls are a part of english football, this is not outdated. The only team Dybala would move to is real madrid or barca. to a better team. No team is worth leaving Juve for. Understandably Pogba went to the club that raised him for a ridiculous amount of money. troll? lol. I guess that's why my comment score is in the negative. I speak the truth...harsh as it is. I guess people like my opinions.

I watched man united not more than a week ago play long ball tactics

For 20 minutes...

I watched west ham play long ball tactics a week ago,

Well, they are the team doing long balls more than anyone else, so I guess that's fair.

Arsenal as well

Oh come on. Really? The team with the fewest long balls in the league?

Hopefully we'll see better football in the premier league soon.

Aside from already having some of the best football in the world? And not just at the top, either. I mean, one could chose to watch Torino and Sampdoria, but the football itself is much better if you watch Everton and Southampton.

I'm telling you as a Juve fan. I don't understand why you can't accept this.

Because I don't believe it is true. Dybala is excellent, and I still say that Buffon has been one of the greatest, Top 3 goalkeepers of his entire generation, but Pogba was an enormous asset. It's like a while back when Wolfie and I argued about Coutinho, after Liverpool bought him. I suggested that he was Inter's best player, and Wolfie disagreed. Not to try and rile him up if he is reading this, but can you think of anyone from Inter of 5 years ago who has as high a standing in the world right now as Coutinho?

I'm really seeing Pogba as the man who, in 1 or 2 years, will be playing at a level above all the players who he went to the CL final with. You can disagree, and we don't have to argue about it if we can't convince each other, but that's why I stand by my statement.

I don't trash the premier league. I watch it for fks sake lol. You act like it's the best league...it's not. It's the most popular.

And that is precisely why I feel the need to correct you. It really IS the best league, even if it doesn't currently have the best teams in the world. It's the strongest, the most competitive and yes the most financially powerful league thanks to those TV deals.

20 years ago, no one gave a fook about it, till the lucrative television deals.

Yeah, well, 35 years ago we were in the process of winning 7 European Cups in 8 years. Then we got banned from UEFA football, all the stars and money left, and we spent the next 15 years building it back up to be the best and most exciting league in the world. So don't act as though it's only recently that English teams have been competitive.

We just reclaimed our place after a (entirely fair) period of being banned.

I repeat you watch one league, you support an average team with recent "success".

Well no, I watch multiple leagues, and I support a team who I've supported since 1987, and who are still the 3rd most successful team in FA Cup history, and who won the very first UEFA Cup.

Long balls are a part of english football, this is not outdated.

Long balls are a part of all football; even Messi and Iniesta fire off a cross-field ball now and again. The myth is that it typifies English football, which it no longer does, and hasn't done for quite some time now. So yes, it is an out-dated criticism.

The only team Dybala would move to is real madrid or barca. to a better team. No team is worth leaving Juve for.

You're not doing much right now to persuade me that you're unbiased, there... ;)

• History

For 20 minutes...

Well, they are the team doing long balls more than anyone else, so I guess that's fair.

Arsenal as well

Aside from already having some of the best football in the world? I mean, one could chose to watch Torino and Lazio, but the football itself is much better if you watch Everton and Southampton.

Because I don't believe it is true. Dybala is excellent, and I still say that Buffon has been one of the greatest, Top 3 goalkeepers of his entire generation, but Pogba was an enormous asset. It's like a while back when Wolfie and I argued about Coutinho, after Liverpool bought him. I suggested that he was Inter's best player, and Wolfie disagreed. Not to try and rile him up if he is reading this, but can you think of anyone from Inter of 5 years ago who has as high a standing in the world right now as Coutinho?

I'm really seeing Pogba as the man who, in 3 or 4 years, will be playing at a level above all the players who he went to the CL final with. You can disagree, and we don't have to argue about it if we can't convince each other, but that's why I stand by my statement.

I don't trash the premier league. I watch it for fks sake lol. You act like it's the best league...it's not. It's the most popular.

And that is precisely why I feel the need to correct you. It really IS the best league, even if it doesn't currently have the best teams in the world. It's the strongest, the most competitive and yes the most financially powerful league thanks to those TV deals.

Yeah, well, 35 years ago we were in the process of winning 7 European Cups in 8 years. Then we got banned from UEFA football, all the stars and money left, and we spent the next 15 years building it back up to be the best and most exciting league in the world. So don't act as though it's only recently that English teams have been competitive.

I repeat you watch one league, you support an average team with recent "success".

Well no, I watch multiple leagues, and I support a team who I've supported since 1987, and who are still the 3rd most successful team in FA Cup history, and who won the very first UEFA Cup.

Long balls are a part of all football; even Messi and Iniesta fire off a cross-field ball now and again. The myth is that it typifies English football, which it no longer does, and hasn't done for quite some time now. So yes, it is an out-dated criticism.

The only team Dybala would move to is real madrid or barca. to a better team. No team is worth leaving Juve for.

You're not doing much right now to persuade me that you're unbiased, there... ;)

For 20 minutes...

Arsenal as well

Aside from already having some of the best football in the world? And not just at the top, either. I mean, one could chose to watch Torino and Sampdoria, but the football itself is much better if you watch Everton and Southampton.

I'm really seeing Pogba as the man who, in 3 or 4 years, will be playing at a level above all the players who he went to the CL final with. You can disagree, and we don't have to argue about it if we can't convince each other, but that's why I stand by my statement.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

okay differing opinions! But I'm glad were not arguing at least. I respect your points...hopefully it's mutual. When Pogba was at Juve, Pirlo, Tevez, Buffon and Chiellini were our top players, he was an asset though.

I do suggest you watch Torino games. They are an outstanding team. They are playing extraordinarily well. Their attack is next level. Belotti (rejected arsenal advance) is on fire and Hart from City is doing all right...got spanked by juve though ;)

I admit though....I am biased. Dybala is just great. And he is a player I only see going to Barca or Real. these are the only better options imo.