Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Poll: Costa replacements
kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

Hey folks,

Who would be the most possible/desirable replacement if Costa DOES leave Chelsea?

I'll create 2 polls here.

1. Most possible:
Comments
KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@gonzi What are you trying to say? As you know so much more than everyone else, why don't you contribute some more? I have never seen anything you've written that have increased my knowledge of football. How come?

The very least you can do is answer the questions. But maybe a little "LOL" is sufficient? Shows your knowledge of the game alright.

It's funny how tiki comes in and upvotes you. Deluded people.

Blinded by love for your own team? Example?

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Didn't upvoted him, now I did :)

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

lol...you're the example. Look, nobody is insulting you. We're just having a discussion. But your hard on for chelsea is showing. That's all that happened.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

lol...you're the example

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Juventus would come 10th in the PL. :)

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

My take on this discussion. Serie A is a good league, EPL is a good league. No need to bicker to know wich one is better as this is a question of preference. Next, is Chelsea a better team than Atletico? No, not in my opinion. Is Atletico a better team than Chelsea? No, not for me. Both are very good and once again, its a question of preference. Guys, for the sake of all that has something to do with football, can we just stop with the pointless debate, the personal attack and just get back in topic.

Please?

(Also, Aubameyang people, good option right there in my opinion. :D)

• History

My take on this discussion. Serie A is a good league, EPL is a good league. No need to bicker to know wich one is better as this is a question of preference. Next, is Chelsea a better team than Atletico? No, not in my opinion. Is Atletico a better team than Chelsea? No, not for me. Both are very good and once again, its a question of preference. Guys, for the sake of all that has something to do with football, can we just stop with the pointless debate, the personal attack and just get back in topic.

Please?

Lodatz 7 years ago

I think Greizmann would be ideal, but I do agree that he might consider trading Atletico for Chelsea isn't his best move right now. Lukaku seems the more natural target for Chelsea, especially to play as a lone striker, but who knows? Money talks, so very often.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Juventus reached a CL final lately.... Lmao Lodatz, and Southampton would win Calcio right ?

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited

Juventus reached a final after 4 years of dominating their own league, and with players (and a coach) who have now mostly moved on. (Vidal, Pogba, Morata, Pirlo etc.)

If you think they're going to do so again any time soon, then... LOL. :)

• History

Juventus reached a final after 5 years of dominating their own league, and with players who have now mostly moved on.

Juventus reached a final after 4 years of dominating their own league, and with players who have now mostly moved on. (Vidal, Pogba, Morata, Pirlo etc.)

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Lodatz Agreed, Lukaku is the most realist option, my only problem is that the money Everton would be asking for him is pretty high. In the end, Chelsea would end up using most of the cash they got for Costa only to buy him. The good point would be that Lukaku is still young when you think about it. Also, what about Harry Kane? :P (Joke)

@tiki Seriously man, please stay on topic. :( I agree though Juventus is a much better team than Southampton. Now and in the past.

• History

@Lodatz Agreed, Lukaku is the most realist option, my only problem is that the money Everton would be asking for him is pretty high. In the end, Chelsea would end up using most of the cash they got for Costa only to buy him. The good point would be that Lukaku is still young when you think about it. Also, what about Harry Kane? :P (Joke)

@tiki Seriously man, please stay on topic. :(

Lodatz 7 years ago

@Emo: You leave Kane alone!

With regard to the money: meh. Chelsea have money. They also just sold Oscar to China for 60m, and if Costa does go you'd better believe it will be for something similar. I reckon Roman would take the hit to get a top striker in to replace Costa.

Of course, he hasn't left yet...

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Lodatz Indeed, to be fair, I don't think it would be easy to find a good replacement for Costa even for that kind of money because when you look at the top team in the world and their striker, there is alway something getting in the way. Lewandoski, Benzema, Griezmann and Aubameyang don't have any PL experience. Suarez propably won't be drop for that amount. Morata, Icardi and Dybala also lack experience and PL experience. And when you think about other PL team, Giroud and Sturidge are not good or consistent enough, Zlatan is bit old to invest that much money in. Aguero wouldn't propably leave cause City don't actually need the money. So yeah, Lukaku seem like a better option even though he is not really an upgrade for me.

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

Oh My GOD... my poll thread turned into a fighting ground... :P

kyoekyar 7 years ago Edited
12 163

@Lodatz and @Emo That's why I said Lukaku might be the most realistic option. He's very similar to Costa too...

@Emo I didn't include Suarez even as an option since he will turn 30 in a few days. Chelsea won't pay 100M for a 30 years old striker.

AND I think people didn't vote by calculating the possibilities but by heart. I'm surprised "GRIEZMANN" as the most possible lol...

@Lodatz just want to ask. Do you think spurs would sell Kane for 80 millions?

• History

@Lodatz and @Emo That's why I said Lukaku might be the most realistic option. He's very similar to Costa too...

@Emo I didn't include Suarez even as an option since he will turn 30 in a few days. Chelsea won't pay 100M for a 30 years old striker.

AND I think people didn't vote by calculating the possibilities but by heart. I'm surprised "GRIEZMANN" as the most possible lol...

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

"Juventus would come 10th in the PL. :)"

delusion at its finest

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I think Juve would finish Top 3 in EPL with their current level of performance. Winning would not be a certainty by any stretch of the margin, though.

Lodatz 7 years ago Edited

delusion at its finest

Why? United bought your (and the Italian league's) best player, and are... 6th, and it's arguable whether or not Pogba is even their best player. I'd certainly put a bet on United to beat Juventus, right now, in a knockout situation. I think the only delusion is that Juve would finish above ANY of the current Top 6. But hey, tell yourself whatever you like. :)

• History

delusion at its finest

Why? United bought your (and the Italian league's) best player, and are... 6th. I think the only delusion is that Juve would finish above ANY of the current Top 6. But hey, tell yourself whatever you like.

delusion at its finest

Why? United bought your (and the Italian league's) best player, and are... 6th, and it's arguable whether or not Pogba is even their best player. I think the only delusion is that Juve would finish above ANY of the current Top 6. But hey, tell yourself whatever you like.

Lodatz 7 years ago

@kyoekyar: No, I don't think we would. I don't think we even wanted to sell Bale, but we were forced into it because the player wanted to leave. I don't think Kane is presenting us with that problem.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Loll relax guy.

@tiki: I think Chelsea is definitely on pair and might be better than ATM, beside he surely has learned enough from Siemone, so I think that argument is invalid. The player of his quality would be welcome and greatly appreciated in EPL, he knows that. He will never be a legacy like Messi, so switching clubs would do no harm.

Im not saying it is at all possible, but it would be weird to think its highly unlikely.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Kyoekya: hahaha, its normal here mate. We can turn a debate from a striker to politic and end up in world poverty. Trust me, its no joke. Footyroom community is amazimg 😂

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz

Juventus reached a final after 4 years of dominating their own league, and with players (and a coach) who have now mostly moved on.

Actually, it was Allegri who led them to the final - not Conte. Conte couldn't even make it out of the group stage in his last season at Juventus.

Why? United bought your (and the Italian league's) best player, and are... 6th, and it's arguable whether or not Pogba is even their best player.

It's arguable whether or not Pogba was Juve's best player too.

I'd certainly put a bet on United to beat Juventus, right now, in a knockout situation.

Well, we might be lucky enough to see Juve face and English team yet, so maybe that will decide the matter.

I think the only delusion is that Juve would finish above ANY of the current Top 6.

I haven't watched any Juventus games this season (apart from Sevilla 1-3 Juve), so I'm not the right person to talk about this. I don't know how many Juventus games you've watched either, but I'm going to assume that definitely not more than @Gonzi. I'd rather take his word on Juventus, even though he is just one person, rather than a group of people who don't watch them at all.

I don't think it's difficult to imagine Juventus finishing in the Top 6 right now in the EPL. They're roughly the same level as Sevilla, who are in turn the same level as Barcelona right now. I think it's imaginable that Juventus would finish in the Top 3 or 4 in the EPL, and outrageous to suggest that they wouldn't finish higher than 6th place (at the end of the season).

• History

@Lodatz

Why? United bought your (and the Italian league's) best player, and are... 6th, and it's arguable whether or not Pogba is even their best player.

It's arguable whether or not Pogba was Juve's best player too.

I'd certainly put a bet on United to beat Juventus, right now, in a knockout situation.

Well, we might be lucky enough to see Juve face and English team yet, so maybe that will decide the matter.

I think the only delusion is that Juve would finish above ANY of the current Top 6.

I haven't watched any Juventus games this season (apart from Sevilla 1-3 Juve), so I'm not the right person to talk about this. I don't know how many Juventus games you've watched either, but I'm going to assume that definitely not more than @Gonzi. I'd rather take his word on Juventus, even though he is just one person, rather than a group of people who don't watch them at all.

I don't think it's difficult to imagine Juventus finishing in the Top 6 right now in the EPL. They're roughly the same level as Sevilla, who are in turn the same level as Barcelona right now. I think it's imaginable that Juventus would finish in the Top 3 or 4 in the EPL, and outrageous to suggest that they wouldn't finish higher than 6th place (at the end of the season).