Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Poll: Costa replacements
kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

Hey folks,

Who would be the most possible/desirable replacement if Costa DOES leave Chelsea?

I'll create 2 polls here.

1. Most possible:
Comments
kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163
  1. Most desirable:
kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

Folks, Please vote Most possible as most possible and most desirable as most desirable. I don't think Griezmann is the most possible replacement in January.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

I mean...he's not gone yet.

kyoekyar 7 years ago Edited
12 163

yeah, not yet. That's why I said if he leaves. And just want to know how people think since it's January. IMO, I can't see anyone except Lukaku is a possible replacement that Chelsea can get. Even for Lukaku, they will need to splash like 80-90M. Just my opinion though.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

yea, not yet. That's why I said if he leaves. And just want to know how people think since it's January. IMO, I can't see anyone except Lukaku is a possible replacement that Chelsea can get. Even for Lukaku, they will need to splash like 80-90M. Just my opinion though.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Selling Costa for 80 millions then spending the all the money on Lukaku makes no sense

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Even for Lukaku, they will need to splash like 80-90M. Just my opinion though.

Nooo way that amount of money.. and nooo way Chelsea is going for Lukaku anyways..

I would take Griezman over Costa any day though, but chances of getting him are slim to none

kyoekyar 7 years ago
12 163

I mean if Costa leaves in this transfer windows, the most realistic target is Lukaku and Chelsea might need to spend 80-90M to convince Everton to sell him. I don't mean Chelsea will pay 80M for Lukaku in summer.

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Icardi is possible, Conte could talk to him and convince him. Same for Dybala who could wait a long time before seeing Barca bidding for him. But the most possible atm would be Aubameyang : at a fair price Dortmund always sell, could be an occasion to open room for Dembele and Aubameyang first destination choice Real Madrid aren't ready to attract him, Ronaldo still has some years to play and they just brought back Morata.
Most possible ones for me would be : Icardi, Aubameyang.
Atm for Griezmann and Dybala moving to a PL club isn't a sportive upgrade, but a huge marketing one and in term of salary... but both aren't greedy like Pogba was. So I don't see them moving right now.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

Atm for Griezmann and Dybala moving to a PL club isn't a sportive upgrade

Here we go again. Yes, it is. They would play in a better league, in a team equally good to Atletico or Juventus. This is also true according to their perceived value of the players in the teams with Chelsea, Juve and Atletico approximately being valued to the same. As Conte said, the team he inherited from Jose Mourinho and Guus Hiddink is better than the one he had when he arrived at Juventus, and Chelsea is tremendously much better now after 6 months of him in charge. Furthermore, 10-4-4 for Atletico and 4th in the table, in comparison to Chelsea's stats doesn't really speak for their sportive achievements "atm". With this in mind it certainly isn't about "greed". The reason they wouldn't be moving would be because they're bound to their contract and it would cost a fortune to release them from it.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

@KTBFLOLFWTF

man you lost me at "They would play in a better league" lol. The italian league plays better football than the prem. It's harder, every team's defense is strong and there is play with closer marking. The reason the prem is exciting to see (not better), is that the marking is less tight, there is more open play, long balls. The long ball technique is fun to see, it's luck basically, but it isn't better than creating play from the back. You can see that in the italian league and in the spanish league.

I'll forgive you this time lol. I think you meant, "they would play in a popular league". Due to lucrative television deals, the prem can be seen all over the world, not because it's better, but because of business. What the chinese are doing now, expanding their televsion deals and buying players for a large sum of money is what the english did 20 years ago as well.

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Gonzi and KTB

You're both objectively wrong in terms of tactics. The marking in the prem is hella tight, particularly in midfield, far more so than Serie A, and one of the reasons why deep-lying playmakers actually are able to succeed in Italy - because they have time on the ball. The game as a whole is faster and less organized in the EPL, but that DOES NOT mean that the marking isn't as tight.

As for Italy, the entire situation is more balanced and organized, which makes pace and speed of play far less relevant.

Essentially, in Italy, you need tactics and playmakers to break down a defence, whereas in England, for lack of a better term, it's a shit-show.

Which is more entertaining and/or stimulating to watch is a complete matter of opinion.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago

lol so the italian league is better than EPL now too? Hm, okay* Think I've heard it all soon. And it's harder than EPL? lo. Okay.

And EPL only plays lonmg balls? lol WTF are you on about? You think every team plays like Leicester? The thing with EPL it that almost every single team have their own identity and unique style of playing, thus many different tactics.

And again. Juventus isn't a better team than Chelsea.

Just lol. You seriously made me laugh.

OnceABlueAlwaysABlue 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 5 211

If Costa does go for a sum like 80 million to China, Chelsea really aught to be looking at one really world class striker to replace him, not just because they will need one but also with the money they will have available... someone like Griezmann, Aumabeyang, Muller, Lewandowski.... obviously these suggested are not all likely to want a move e.g Lewandowski... but that's who we really need and are able to be looking at!! Personally I think Aumabeyang would be best although I know that's aiming high. He is strong and physical enough to quickly adapt to the Premier League unlike maybe Dybala, Icardi, Morata!

tiki_taka 7 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Im not talking about leagues, players care for the sportive projects of their clubs, Griezmann himself said in a French interview there weren't many teams in Europe who were sportively an upgrade to what Atletico are offering to him under Simeone. I can say the same about Dybala. Some players give the sportive a major importance specially for a player freshly in BO podium and concentrating on sportive medals.
I won't go in your league useless debates, players go into teams not leagues, Bayern can attract every player they want and atm only salary cap could make a player refuse Juventus... In players mind and how they manage their career has nothing to do with fans beliefs.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Ffs he has a slight back injury and all of a sudden he is going to be replaced? I can't deal with this, just stop this useless rumours.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

La liga>epl>serie a>ligue1>eredivisie at the moment.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

L O L

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

you people know nothing about football, you're blinded by the love you have for your own team.

• History

you people know nothing about football, you're blinded by the love you have for your won team.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

^says the juve lover and chelsea hater lol.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

yea...i am a "juve lover"...that's called being a fan...

• History

yea...i am a juve lover...that's called being a fan...