Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Pedro wants to leave?!
JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Pedro seems quite disappointed by his playing time and despite coming to Stamford with a lot of dreams and with the best critics about his La liga performances actually wants to leave the club. His poor season will not make it easier for him since his contract with Chelsea is ''heavy'' and in order to be solved needs a lot of work to be done. Valencia and Villarreal has shown interest.

Best news any Chelsea fan could hear those days if you ask me this is guy is simply disgusting in his recent performances and has no heart and passion shown in most of his games besides his debut.

Your thoughts? Is Chelsea really cursed with Spanish transfers? or simply BPL is too demanding physically for players like Pedro?

enter image description here

Comments
Eden17Hazard17 8 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

His lack of physicality has cost us numerous times. Currently, I do prefer Kenedy over him and Traore is not far away either.

If he does leave, I'd love to bring in Teixera. I remember that we were close to signing Douglas Costa but passed on that opportunity. Now he's bossing up for Bayern. I don't want the same to happen with Teixera. He's incredibly talented and Liverpool have already approached him.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

Yeah, I've heard Liverpool are moving in the Teixera deal, it should be done in a few days.

I really wanted Pedro at United, though of him like Sanchez, but he clearly isn't on that level.

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

The whole Pedro situation just shows why Enrique benched him and sold him only for 21M despite his achievements with the Barca team.

Reading so many things about him I have seen none actually becoming true and my personal opinion he is just another mediocre player that Messi, Xavi and Iniesta made him look good or simply he is out of form and I am too harsh on him but every game I happen to have the free time to watch he either looks bored to even try like the Leicester game if I remember or he simply can't handle the pressure when stars like Messi are around to give him space by attracting the attention of the defenders. With the amount of money he gains he should at least manage to make a decent pass vs god damn WEST BROM and not give them the ball like an amateur. I hope he leaves as I count him among the rats that sacked Jose. Disgraceful performances for a UCL champion.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

I told the Chelsea fans in this forum before.... Pedro only shone because of the system. He wasn't individually an outstanding player. His primary talents are quick passing over short distances (which worked tremendously well with Messi and Villa), good positioning (Xavi, Messi, and Iniesta took advantage of this), ambidexterity, and high-pressing abilities (again worked wonders because Messi, Zlatan, and Villa never pressed). Enrique dropped him from the lineup because he simply didn't fit into the change in system. There was no way he was going to displace any of MSN from the lineup or be particularly useful in the counter-attacking system.

Pedro is a good role player but Chelsea can't expect him to put in any world-class performances. IMO, the expectations on him were too high at the time of his arrival and that's why fans feel disappointed by him at this moment. He was never destined for a club too much larger than Valencia or Villarreal (EPL equivalent would be Tottenham).

JozeMourinho 8 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Well....

Tuanis 8 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

Pedro hasnt exactly done a poor job at Chelsea.. He just doesnt seem to fit very well in the team now that Willian is arguably their best player, the one he came to replace.

But anyways, f*** you Pedro, you decided to go for Chelsea instead of United for very suspicious reasons so may your misery be our pleasure :)

decentK 8 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Sorry but gotta laugh at Tiki's hype at Pedro. You would've thought by his words (not just that what Joze showed) that he'll bag 20 goals and 10 assists.

Also my friend told he's better than Alexis after his debut.

But anyways, I think he'll go to Valencia or Villarreal (as mentioned by Joze that there's interest)

raimondo90 8 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I think everyone is being over critical of Pedro. It's his first season outside of Spain and Barcelona. That alone can't be easy. Now add that the coach who brought you in has been sacked and that the team has been playing awfully. I mean even Hazard has looked very average most games. Pedro has been dropped to more midfield position instead of the deep winger. Henry mentioned in an interview that Barcelona mostly cared about positioning. He had to play deep and wide.
It hasn't been a good season at all for Pedro but there has been flashes of goodness. I think he should stay till the end of next season. Players always benefit from systems that play to their strengths, perhaps the next manager will change something to help him.

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

lol always tiki..

I actually remembered Dynastian say that before the arrival of Pedro.. To be honest, I had pretty high hopes of him.. I knew he wasn't pure class and would need a stable team around him though, which unfortunately haven't been their. So can't put all the blame on Pedro and him wanting to leave is still rumors..

raimondo90 8 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Also, Whoscored has Pedro listed tied with 2nd 3rd and 4th best performer with a rating of 6.97. Willian being the best performer with a 7.18

JuanMata10 8 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Say everything you want about Pedro, but he's definitely not lazy as @Joze suggested. He tracks back a lot and generally tries to be involved as much as possible. Sure, he hasn't performed particularly well, but then again, has anyone apart from Willian and Zouma done so? Considering these below par performances of nearly every player and the fact that it is his first season in England, I think that the criticizm is far too harsh on his part. Remember that Özil struggled massively in his first season in England, too.

decentK 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

^ 10th time laughing at comment "Özil struggled in his 1st season".

Yeh, 26 games (because of injury) 5+10, whoscored avg 7.27, 76 chances created, tons of woeful misses from Cazorla, Ramsey & Giroud to keep him at 10 assists rather than 20 assists. Seems to be the biggest myth ever that Özil "struggled" in his 1st season.

Not to mention

"massively"

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Yeh, 26 games (because of injury) 5+10, whoscored avg 7.27, 76 chances created, tons of woeful from Cazorla, Ramsey & Giroud to keep him at 10 assists rather than 20 assists. Seems to be biggest myth ever that Özil "struggled" in his 1st season.

Not to mention

"massively"

Yeh, 26 games (because of injury) 5+10, whoscored avg 7.27, 76 chances created, tons of woeful misses from Cazorla, Ramsey & Giroud to keep him at 10 assists rather than 20 assists. Seems to be biggest myth ever that Özil "struggled" in his 1st season.

Not to mention

"massively"

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

I agree with others that his physicality is the reason why he still struggling in EPL . I also think he never was a fan of EPL style of football so not sure why he choose to come here if he was not going to work hard to improve himself . I hope we are not going to buy any more wingers . We have plenty of them . We can't get any worse so let the players like Kenedy get their chances because Kenedy is made for EPL . He is very direct , big and fast with no lack of technical skills . He tracks back , young and eager to impress . I have not been disappointed even once with his performance .

We just need a striker . Pato is just wrong move . What are we rehab for players who can't get back to their old form . No and Pedro was questionable purchase to begin with . I was optimistic he will bring world class performances but as we can all witness now he has become average player who actually brings us more damage than help . He does not have the will and passion to improve . He looses ball way to often for a player of his status and it has become annoying .

Marcus2011 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Ozil did not struggle in his first season . He was just a bit below his former performances but now he is back to old self and better . And Hazard is just giving up on Chelsea so I say we should give up on him . Tired of defending players who come on the pitch and give Championship level of football . Argument that everyone is also not performing is poor one because Willian goes out and gives his heart out . Zouma , Azpi , youngsters , Terry and even Mikel but Mikel is just not good so he can;t do any better even if he put everything in his power to perform .

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

I don't doubt the passion of Pedro though. He's got great mentality and improves the team spirit. I do however doubt if he's physically suitable for the EPL. Perhaps even tiki would agree with this.

• History

I don't doubt the passion of Pedro though. He's got great mentally and improves the team spirit. I do however doubt if he's physically suitable for the EPL. Perhaps even tiki would agree with this.

JuanMata10 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

@decentK: jeez, so sensitive. Not clear from my wording (sorry for that), but I meant he struggled to adapt to the physicality of the BPL. Regarding your stats.. Özil had 5 goals and 9 (not 10 as you've stated before) assists in his first season in the BPL (total of 2150 minutes), which is still quite a drop in comparison to his 9 goals and 13 assists in his last season at Real with 100 minutes less playing time than at Arsenal. I agree that the word "massively" was a bit over the top, though.

• History

@decentK: jeez, so sensitive. Not clear from my wording (sorry for that), but I meant he struggled to adapt to the physicality of the BPL. Regarding, your stats.. Özil had 5 goals and 9 (not 10 as you've stated before) assists in his first season in the BPL (total of 2150 minutes), which is still quite a drop in comparison to his 9 goals and 13 assists in his last season at Real with 100 minutes less playing time than at Arsenal.

@decentK: jeez, so sensitive. Not clear from my wording (sorry for that), but I meant he struggled to adapt to the physicality of the BPL. Regarding, your stats.. Özil had 5 goals and 9 (not 10 as you've stated before) assists in his first season in the BPL (total of 2150 minutes), which is still quite a drop in comparison to his 9 goals and 13 assists in his last season at Real with 100 minutes less playing time than at Arsenal. I agree that the word "massively" was a bit over the top, though.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

It's not the stats that people care about when assessing transfers, it's the expectation. By the transfer fee, Ozil did struggle in his first season. Same thing with Di Maria.

Even though statistically, they were fine, Di Maria was behind Fabregas for the lead in assists even though he didn't play like half the games, that's not what they were being evaluated on. Ozil's influence on games this season is what people expected when he first arrived.

Either way, pundits are stupid. (still bitter over losing Di Maria)

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

I think some of you are too harsh on him... the whole Chelsea was under perform and looked kinda clueless, when the coach changes, some can get over and pickup their forms and some takes more time.

It's a bit too early and unfair to judge him... However, I did expected a lot more from him, so did I with Chelsea.

Like @Tuanis said, he chose Chelsea over us because of Mou, so yeah... screw him

Emobot7 8 years ago
538 11432

I mean, Ozil was a starter at Real Madrid and it took him a bit of time to adapt (or find his form back) in the BPL. So, I wasn't expecting Pedro who used to be a sub at Barca to do well at first. And while I never really disliked Pedro, he never striked me as a world class player who could make a big difference on a regular basis. But that my advice and I would like to say I propably don't have enough experience and knowledge to be certain of what I say.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

i like his workrate, the first thing that alexis sanchez did when he joined arsenal was getting a bigger body, if pedro gets physically stronger then he could be a great player for us.