Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Official: Champions League Round of 16 Draw results
Aiden_Finland 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

Juventus v Tottenham (Lets see if Spurs can actually upset Juve, Juve to me will go through)

Basel v Man City (Congrats Man City for progressing to the next round)

Porto v Liverpool (Liverpool are inconsistent but Porto are strong too)

Sevilla v Man Utd (Man U will park the bus and go through)

Real Madrid v Paris St-Germain ( Personally playing against PSG will be tough considering our defensive issues and squad depth. Hopefully Ronaldo can save us.)

Shakhtar v Roma (Roma to go through)

Chelsea v Barcelona ( What a game expect lots of goals to me Barca will go through to the next round)

Bayern v Besiktas (Dont underestimate Besiktas infact I think the can upset Bayern especially when they play at home their fans will be cheering for hours)

What are your thoughts?

Comments
tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Haha I was happy seing Madrid - PSG until I saw us picking Chelsea, it’s the most Spanish English team right now, with tactical abilities so it will be tough. We’re still favorite since the away game is in Camp Nou. I believe they are more worried about the draw than we are.
Why Chelsea did you have to end 2nd of your group ? Why ?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Haha I was happy seing Madrid - PSG until I saw us picking Chelsea, it’s the most Spanish English team right now, with tactical abilities so it will be tough. We’re still favorite since the away game is in Camp Nou. I believe they are more worried about the draw than we are.

Aiden_Finland 6 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

@tiki_taka Umtiti is a huge blow for you guys hopefully he can be fit and ready to play otherwise Vermalaen will help Chelsea to go through dont worry your attack is hard to defend against and Chelsea will struggle to cope with Messi Suarez for 90 minutes.

• History

@tiki_taka Umtiti is a huge blow for you guys but your attack is hard to defend against and Chelsea will struggle to cope with Messi Suarez for 90 minutes.

tiki_taka 6 years ago

Umtiti will be back, play offs are in 2 months. Hope he will be fit in time.

Yvan21 6 years ago
0 440

It feels way too early in the competition to be having a Madrid-PSG tie, but it is what it is I guess. I would want Madrid to add some players during the winter transfer window. But the striker options are very limited and they'd cost a lot as well, so I'm not too convinced that it would happen. If not a striker then maybe a central defender because Vallejo and Varane are injured 90%+ percent of the time and Carvajal is suspended for the first leg, which can be crucial.

I see PSG with a slight edge in the tie as of right now. Especially when the second and deciding match will be played in France.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

Both Manchester got the easiest draw. Liverpool got a tough but manageable challenge ahead of them. Shaktar vs Napoli is actually pretty even, anything could happen. PSG need a good results in spain, if they manage to get it, then, they might just make the difference at home. Besiktas are very unlucky, especially now Bayern seem to have found back their form under Heynckes, still think they might pull something off if they play really well. Barca vs Chelsea should be really interesting, it will be a real test for both team. Juve vs Spurs should be intense as well, it will propably depend on the teams form at the moment.

Croatian 6 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Meh draw. Few big matches but easy path for most big teams.

Juventus vs Tottenham I can see draw in first leg. In second individual class will decide the outcome. Will be real test for Kane and Dele, probably their first real match outside of PL they can prove their value in. Defo must watch.
Basel vs City City goes through without much problems. Basel is decent team but they wouldn't really beat anyone in knockout phase.
Porto vs Liverpool Porto is in good form, Liverpool is too. But honestly, that shouldn't be point Liverpool leaves CL. This match is must win for them.
Sevilla vs Man Utd They could got worse, or better. Overall won't be exicting match probably. But best of luck to Sevilla.
Real vs PSG Fantastic matchup, I think if Zidane fixes his mind and tells players clean plan, they can beat Paris. We beated them after they literally destroyed us in first match. They are team full of stars but it's not hard to break them down.
Shakhtar vs Roma Will be much tougher for Roma than people expect, Shakhtar is solid team with flair and pace in attack. Although I predict Roma will go through.
Chelsea vs Barcelona I don't know how much goals can I predict, but it is must watch for any football fan. Hopefully we see another one of those legendary matchups.
Bayern vs Besiktas We got good draw but never underestimate them. They didn't just have luck in passing the group stage, Besiktas played fantastic overall. I hope we won't have much problems with them.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I'm happy we didn't get PSG. That being said, Real Madrid is in a lot of trouble.

serans 6 years ago
Manchester United, Poland 3 203

Juve - Tottenham Barca - Chelsea Real Madrid - PSG - what a games!

For me it will be:

• Juve (its all about experience)
  • Man City (no comment needed)
  • Liverpool (Salah for the win - Klopp has great experience in CL)
  • Man United (Sevilla is not in form - I believe in Jose parking bus strategy)
  • Real (they are CL kings, i don't think they gonna win whole thing again but they going to get at least semi final)
  • Roma vs Shakhtar - for me its 50-50, both teams are kinda unpredictable
  • Barca vs Chelsea - same as previous one - sooo hard to predict
  • Bayern (i dont see any chance for surprise here, bayern is too solid)
liomessi10 6 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

For the quarter finals i predict:

• Juventus
  • Man. City
  • Liverpool
  • Man. United
  • Real
  • Roma
  • Barca vs Chelsea will be tough.
  • Bayern

If it happens that way, there wont be a single crappy team in the quarters! Any team could challenge Barca! But anyways I'm glad either PSG or Real has to go.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Winners imo:
-Juventus but they haven't been as dominant as before. Bonucci is gone and Spurs have shown they can beat great teams and won their group. It could actually go either way.
-Man City... the easiest prediction. Basel could cause some problems at home, but they should have no chance on aggregate.
-Liverpool... but they are not going to win it through skillful play. It's going to be a win with the heart. Porto are technically superior to Liverpool and have a lot of experience of UCL so they can cause serious problems to anyone. But still, I think Klopos men will pass with difficulty this test.
-Man United... Sevilla have been inconsistent this season and if it stays that way they could be overrun. On the other side, Man United have from times to times struggled hard against spanish teams. The x-factor is going to be Mou... he's got too much experience with this kind of games and will bring his team to next round.
-PSG... Among the most difficult of tasks is to beat Real Madrid in a playoff. But I have to believe in PSG and the team with Neymar-Mbappé-Cavani as an offensive trident could win this, and only if they play their absolutely beat football. If Real Madrid get things going, like their last game against Sevilla, they can easily go through as well. Very hard to predict.
-Shaktar...difficult to predict but I think the ukranians can win this as Roma has been a bit too inconsistent. But the italians have quality enough to win it too.
-Bayern... on the paper this looks like an easy win for Bayern, but Beaiktas have been really good this season and could cause some serious problems to Bayern.
-Barcelona... I love when these two go up against each other. Chelsea is going to make it a hell for Barca, even if they've been a bit inconsistent in the league. However if Barca keep their good form Messi&Co are taking this win. This is the game were the most adrenaline will be pumping.

• History

Winners imo:
-Juventus but they haven't been as dominant as before. Bonucci is gone and Spurs have shown they can beat great teams and won their group. It could actually go either way.
-Man City... the easiest prediction. Basel could cause some problems at home, but they should have no chance on aggregate.
-Liverpool... but they are not going to win it through skillful play. It's going to be a win with the heart. Porto are technically superior to Liverpool and have a lot of experience of UCL so they can cause serious problems to anyone. But still, I think Klopos men will pass with difficulty this test.
-Man United... Sevilla have been inconsistent this season and if it stays that way they could be overrun. On the other side, Man United have from times to times struggled hard against spanish teams. The x-factor is going to be Mou... he's got too much experience with this kind of games and will bring his team to next round.
-PSG... Among the most difficult of tasks is to beat Real Madrid in a playoff. But I have to believe in PSG and the team with Neymar-Mbappé-Cavani as an offensive trident could win this, and only if they play their absolutely beat football. If Real Madrid get things going, like their last game against Sevilla, they can easily go through as well. Very hard to predict.
-Shaktar...difficult to predict but I think the ukranians can win this as Roma has been a bit too inconsistent. But the italians have quality enough to win it too.
-Bayern... on the paper this looks like an easy win for Bayern, but Beaiktas have been really good this season and could cause some serious problems to Bayern.
-Barcelona... I love when these two go up against each other. Chelsea is going to make it a hell for Barca, even if they've been a bit inconsistent in the league. However if Barca keep their form they are in Messi&Co are taking this win. This is the game were the most adrenaline will be boiling.

Winners imo:
-Barcelona... I love when these two go up against each other. Chelsea is going to make it a hell for Barca, even if they've been a bit inconsistent in the league. However if Barca keep their good form Messi&Co are taking this win. This is the game were the most adrenaline will be boiling.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

I like that everyone once again dismiss Chelsea just like that :D

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo I think there is only a few people who actually are dismissing them. Chelsea against Barca is not gonna be an easy game to predict, thats for sure.

_Pelle_ 6 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

No one is dismissing chelsea. Barcelona are favorites, its simple as that. But still everyone knows chelsea can beat them.

mancitydude 6 years ago
Manchester City, England U20 B 4 244

Real Madrid - PSG: big scores, but Real to show the world the real PSG
Barcelona - Chelsea: i actually see Chelsea coming thru, Barcelona been iffy in grp stage
City, United and Bayern should breeze thru....although there may be upsets
Tottenham should beat Juve under current form

Eden17Hazard17 6 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

I can't wait. Hopefully another great couple of games against Barca.

Pupper 6 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Tottenham should beat Juve under current form

Yeah, their 6th place on the table and 18 points behind City after just 16 matches sure is impressive. Juventus have usually been in poor form before the winter with Allegri. Only difference this year is Napoli and Inter have both had a great start in the season compared to previous years.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Pupper I think he was talking about CL form but I seriously think Juve should take that game seriously. If they do, then they should be able to win. However, Tottenham are really shown us they can be dangerous this year, no one expected them to beat the reigning champ the way they did. :O All in all, it should be interesting and unlike other, I rather no pronounce myself on who will win it.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

As longest Barca doesn't pull its old tricks and miracles of referring doesn't interfere, we should be fine against them. I say bring it on and if we are out then let it be in beautiful fashion.

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited

As long as Chelsea doesn’t play like a relegation team with 11 in the box :D
This year is make or break for British clubs, top 3 of Europe are off form, 5 strongest teams in pretty good shape with arguably comfortable draw for half of them.

• History

As long as Chelsea doesn’t play like a relegation team with 11 in the box :D