Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Official: Champions League Round of 16 Draw results
Aiden_Finland 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Finland 18 1236

Juventus v Tottenham (Lets see if Spurs can actually upset Juve, Juve to me will go through)

Basel v Man City (Congrats Man City for progressing to the next round)

Porto v Liverpool (Liverpool are inconsistent but Porto are strong too)

Sevilla v Man Utd (Man U will park the bus and go through)

Real Madrid v Paris St-Germain ( Personally playing against PSG will be tough considering our defensive issues and squad depth. Hopefully Ronaldo can save us.)

Shakhtar v Roma (Roma to go through)

Chelsea v Barcelona ( What a game expect lots of goals to me Barca will go through to the next round)

Bayern v Besiktas (Dont underestimate Besiktas infact I think the can upset Bayern especially when they play at home their fans will be cheering for hours)

What are your thoughts?

Comments
Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Chelsea plays open football and we got holes in defense so it's gonna be fun, I think Dembele gonna be fresh for Barcelona as well...we have been unlucky with injuries at the start of the season but if the team is fully fit and the refs are fair there is a good chance to win at home.

Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Chelsea plays to their strenghts and implements tactics according to situation. Did you see our fixtures that month? I invite you to look at them.

Only in 2012 against In form and in prime time of Barcelona, uber interim manager ( basically no manager), having again a busy tough schedule, we had to utilize ultra defensive tactics with aging squad and missing players on top loosing a player ( captain of the team and one of the best ) in second leg for the most of the game time. Yet, even in that game Fabregas had to dive for a penalty and Sanchez overacting was top notch to send Terry out ( not defending his stupidity but i still think it was a yellow, footballers have become such a sleezy b*tchez ) and not even mentioning other Barcelona players diving here and there throughout the fixture.

In summary, we will play football and even if we will be defensive it shouldn't be an issue for a top European team with one of the best players in the world, right?

Also, I wouldn't be so naive about top 3. It is when the beast seems to be at his weakest, he is most dangerous. I thought you would have learned that lesson from 2012:))

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Can say I like this draw.

I prefer to see those stronger teams (at least on paper) face each other in later rounds.

tiki_taka 6 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Marcus let the best team wins it. Barça anyway is not strong contenders for this CL, we dont have depth nor midlefield quality. And even if we make big signings in the mercato, all the players targetted are registred in their respective clubs and played at least one game for them so wont be able to reinforce the squad.
If Barça got Madrid bench in midlfield, we would win any single trophy with Ceballos-Isco-Ascencio-Vasquez-Kovacic Let alone starters like Modric. Best performer of the season for me.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tiki @Marcus The hype is real! :D enter image description here

tiki_taka 6 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

but sorry he is nothing comparing to the GOAT... :D

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

but sorry he is nothing comparing to the GOAT... :D

iHEARTfootball 6 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Looking forward to Spurs vs Juventus. Chelsea vs Barcelona is over-hyped.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@tiki Obviously, if you post a 8 minute long video of Modric doing good stuff and a 8 second long video where Ronaldo screw up, its gonna make Ronaldo look pretty bad. :P Same could be done with Rakitic and Messi for example. :P

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Actually Toni Kroos has been the best midfield player in Europe for 3 years in a row.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo111 Well, Modric and Kroos playing style is different, Modric role is more of dictating the pace of a game trough pass and dribbling while Kroos is a more direct player who can deliver killer pass precisely at the right moment. Kroos obviously get better stat because of that if only in term of assist but both player are very important for their team.

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@Emo I'm just saying that by stats Kroos has been the machine of the team, the essense of a midfield player.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo Not disagreeing with that, I'm just saying what Modric usually do don't reflect that much into stat.

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Juventus v Tottenham

Tight, really tight. Both teams would be happy to get each other, considering what they could have got. Considering Juventus might have to look at their league a little harder with Inter's hard job done + no europe, Tottenham might actually nick this one.

Basel v Man City

City win

Porto v Liverpool

Tight, Porto are on good form, but Liverpool might take it.

Sevilla v Man Utd

Sevilla are a weird team ever since Monchi left. Then again they've shown they can produce fightbacks. Still I expect United to win.

Real Madrid v Paris St-Germain

A must win for both sides. PSG with the money they've spend should be aiming for more than last 16, whereas RM would be looking at this as an espace route for their poor league performances. In the long term and due to their experience, I expect Real Madrid to take the win.

Shakhtar v Roma

Two very good sides, and a tight game should be expected. I believe Shaktar will snatch the win due to the history of this game, and they did end City's run.

Chelsea v Barcelona

Depends entirely on Messi. 1000%. I actually think Chelsea will win with a manager like Conte. Anyone who says his record in Europe is bad knows little about football, he is a very good manager. However, Messi can end that. I'm gonna go Chelsea for now though.

Bayern v Besiktas

Besiktas are a very good side, and they have a little advantage in that their home game is the second one, but Bayern will be prepared. Bayern to win.

Let's go Champions League!

Emrecan_58 6 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

And how can I not comment in this thread? :D

The final is gonna be played too soon. The forms of the teams in 2 months can differ, but I think PSG has the advantage to go through. I always considered them as the biggest competitors for this season.
Unlucky draw for us. I wanted to see us play quarters and I was thinking we could join the last 8 unless we face Real or Bayern. Unfortunately my fear has come true. We still has the chance but Bayern is a solid team. They have %75 chance to go through. I honestly believed that we could even eliminate Juventus or Chelsea or the other Pot2 sides except Bayern and Real. While Porto got Liverpool. Anyways there's still time and we are a good team.

All the English teams except Chelsea and maybe Liverpool will make it to the quarters.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Emre Fair enough, love how you still trust in your team despite staying realist, good luck to you mate against Bayern. I agree most English side should qualify for the next round, I predict 3 to 4 english team to make it to the next round but maybe not those that are the favorite.

bluezz 6 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

the thing is we dont want barca but barca dont want us either xD but I'm actually always excited for this fixture. if you ask me, we are definitely not going through, just dont feel confident without that chelsea spine (jt,lamps,drogba,cech)

bluezz 6 years ago Edited
Chelsea 14 724

as for the other fixtures i feel like Spurs, city, liverpool, sevilla, real madrid, shakhtar and bayern will go through

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

as for the other fixtures i feel like Spurs, city, liverpool, sevilla, real madrid, shakhtar and bayern to go through

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

we are definitely not going through, just dont feel confident without that chelsea spine (jt,lamps,drogba,cech)

We can win at home and not embarrass ourselves away, at least we won't get trashed since we didn't get PSG, if nothing else...

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11426

@Golazo I think you overrate PSG a bit, they still got beated by Bayern rather easily and while they beat them before that, it was when they wasn't in form and the player were unsettled.

@bluezz Tbf, despite beating Juventus this season, Barca still haven't shown anything special this season, so I think its entirely possible for Chelsea to beat them. It will really depend on Conte and Valverde in my mind.

Emrecan_58 6 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

@Emobot7 I need to be realistic man it's Bayern :D I hope they'll underestimate us but I doubt. Heynckes told the media that Beşiktaş is not a good draw.