Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

New changes to the forum rules
FootyRoom 12 years ago
36 175

Hi everyone,

Recently there has been a lot of talk on how to improve this forum and what to do with certain individuals who spoil the fun for everyone. We decided that some changes are needed to the way people interact here.

So let us list the changes made:

• New users, who have been registered for less than 10 days, may post/comment only twice per day.
  • These new users may not post pictures or videos for the first 10 days.
  • All users are limited to 4 comment votes per day.

These changes will let us screen new users better. If we notice during the first 10 days of user registration that he or she abuses the forums and breaks fun for everyone, we will ban that person. It will also prevent the new user to post large amount of offensive content in short time as he is limited to only 2 posts/comments per day.

The new limit of 4 comment votes per day will let the user decide more carefully which comments deserve an up vote or a down vote. This will hopefully make the user think before he votes.

Please note that we will start to monitor forums more closely and ban those users who don't play by the rules. We ask you to respect each other and each others opinions. This should be a place for everybody, no matter which team you support, where you're from or what color you are.

Otherwise, enjoy!
FootyRoom Team

Comments
kenkichiotaka 12 years ago
Manchester United, Japan 47 1894

@FootyRoom I think it's a good idea for having Roport and Offensive button.BTW when are you gonna start it?

ironfist2010 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Egypt 69 907

Great idea FootyRoom

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

FootyRoom, don't be fooled by some of the 'good comments'. That is the reason why people are going crazy about this multiple account issue. Those idiots always make nice comments, and thumb themselves up drastically within a few minutes. This results great suspicion and unfairness between all members in this site.

Completely removing the thumb system will cause a great moan, IMO, but it will certainly affect the presence of 1 person with over 15+ different accounts.

Since you're thinking about having that "Report" or "Offensive" button soon, I'm assuming every account will have an equal number of pressing it, for example, if you can only press it once, then 50 reports means that it came from 50 different members. Is that right?

If that is so, then the culprit behind the multiple accounts is able rape that "Report/Offensive" button, which clearly defeats the purpose of having that button in the first place. 

But what I'm curious about right now, is whether or not you banned the IP address of that 'Norway' person, because he is the one behind all this heated war. I know this from experience for the past 2 years...

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@
Heisinburg "
You can't block IP addresses because once you disconnect your router from internet you will get new IP. Next time another person may try to come to FootyRoom with a blocked IP, however he was not the original offender."

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

@Don, thanks for quote. I haven't Norway for quite a while, so I'm assuming he's gone now (hopefully).

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@Heisinburg That was footyroom's quote just have a look at previous comments..
As for norway i am not sure..

Jimskeleton 12 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 7 728

Sounds like a good idea, but if you are removing the thumb down process and replacing it with a "report" or "offensive" button does that mean you will get rid of the FR Rank? because although that is a good idea multiple account people could still thumb up there own posts to increase there FR Rank.

Tuanis 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

READ... IMPORTANT SUGGESTION: 
The only way to get rid of the multiple accounts is by sending a confirmation request for the username to the respective email registered for each account. Some time ago when footyroom was new, when you wanted to register a new account you had to put an email but no confirmation request was sent so you could use fake emails or emails that were not yours and this is the reason why today there are so many multiple accounts. People with 10 other accounts certainly don't have 10 email accounts, Im sure that some people realized how easy it was to create an account so they went on creating many using any fake emails and they ended up with 10 different accounts which today are the main problem of the web-page...
So again I suggest that FootyRoom sends a re-confirmation email to all the accounts. This will reduce the amount of accounts to only the ones with a valid email that has been confirmed. Accounts shouldn't be able to log in until the confirmation email is confirmed...  

bloodred1992 12 years ago
Manchester United, Portugal 15 300

@Tuanis That is brilliant! And simple! You got one of my +1s of the day!

Jimskeleton 12 years ago

I'm sure when I signed up I was sent an activation e-mail, could be wrong though...but I don't think that will work either, I think your underestimating some people on this site, again no names mentioned, but if someone has the time to create say 15 accounts on FR, it only takes about 2 minutes to create a new e-mail address for each as well.

Chanakya999 12 years ago
Manchester United, Germany 56 167

HELP!!! When I try to change a picture on my profile, it doesn't work and when I try to save account settings and details this comes up:

Fatal error: Class 'OResults' not found in
/srv/sites/footyroom.com/server/www/admin/include/Controller.php on line 99

Footyroom, can you fix this? And this is about the multiple account situation thingy again?

FootyRoom 12 years ago
36 175

Thank you Chanakya999 for spotting that! It has been fixed now. Really appreciate when people find bugs here. ;)

@Tuanis, we started sending activation emails about a year ago. Actually we think that there are not too many multiple accounts here on FootyRoom, we have to admit that there are some, but it's not enough to make a HUGE deal out of it. In the last 2-3 days we have looked through our database looking for multiple accounts (and accounts with offensive words) and banned around 15 users. Let's try to stay positive :)

Tuanis 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

i'm just saying that sending re-confirmation requests to those accounts made over a year ago (when there were no activation emails) would help a lot in this issue... It would reduce inactive accounts and accounts only used for thumbing up to about half the total. It doesn't seem like a complicated thing to do but I'm just suggesting, you can take control of the situation however you think is best.   

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@Footyroom and Tuanis Could you please delete my first account?
I Created this because i have forgotten my password but now i find it..
So Could you delete it?
Only delete,No ban!
Here it is 
<http://footyroom.com/profile/?id=2211

ironfist2010 12 years ago
Real Madrid, Egypt 69 907

@Tuanis i wish i could give u all my 4 thumps up !! great idea :)

United_Hates_Blues 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 984

Formerly Manshitty_are_shit.
Footyroom made me change it. 

DonAndres 12 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

I Just realised that comment vote limit is not only for forum but also for the highlights session

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY BEFORE  COMMENTING / REPLYING BACK

I didn't respond to this thread earlier because I wanted to observe the current changes implied by FR.

I think we can have an alternative ..... restrict thumbing DOWN to 4 coz today I found some comments in highlight section worth thumbing up but i was restricted . If thumbing DOWN is restricted , it will prevent spreading hatred as FR already said that most comments thumbed UP in highlights are good.

FR is an entertainment site . We people here dont plan out which comment to thumb up which to thumb down.We are here to watch highlights and see some good forums. Its an instant like or dislike for a comment which urges us to thumb it UP/DOWN. Who thinks about judicialy and carefully spending his thumbs so that he might come across a better/worse comment to thumb up/ down respectively.
Not many people "waste" time like me on writing/reading this ( 15-20 active forum members ) ( highlights get one lakh views ,a forum get son average 200-300 views)

For me its simple : OFFENSIVE COMMENT > BAN THE USER ON YOUR DISCRETION
ANOTHER ACCOUNT WITH SAME STORY > BAN HIM ALSO !!

We have moderators to keep FR a "clean" place. And recently we saw that they deleted those offensive pics and comments.

BEING THE SOLE CONTROLLER OF SUCH A ESTABLISHED AND WELL KNOWN WEBSITE (NO OFFENCE BUT ADVERTISEMENTS PAY YOU PEOPLE WELL I GUESS) I THINK IT IS NOT THAT HARD TO SIMPLY BAN A USER ??

In short (got long later i guess) :

1. No Ranking System ....... PLEASE NO RANKING SYSTEM

2. Previous version of FootyRoom (no restriction on thumbing) * OR * unlimited thumbing up but thumbing down restricted to 4/5/6 etc. Thumbing up encourages the user to continue the good work . why restrict that ?? (its like a positive feedback)

PEOPLE HERE MIGHT HAVE OBSERVED THAT IN HIGHLIGHTS SECTION NO TROLLER LIKE NORWAY ETC. WRITE OFFENSIVE COMMENTS , IF THEY WRITE ,IT GETS THUMBS DOWN AND GETS HIDDEN. ALSO POSTING PICS IS NOT AN OPTION IN HIGHLIGHTS SO NO NUDITY/MATURE CONTENT. THE PROBLEM IS FORUMS BECAUSE IF 1000 PEOPLE VISIT footyroom HIGHLIGHTS ONLY 100 MIGHT VISIT FORUMS or even less. THIS IS WHERE TROLLERS SUCCEED COZ THEY FACE LESS OPP0SITION AND WITH MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS THEY OUTNUMBER THE OTHER MEMBERS LIKE ME.

1. FaceBook Synchronisation (Log In with Facebook)

IMPORTANT : IT MIGHT BE EASY TO CREATE AND HANDLE 15+ FootyRoom ACCOUNTS BUT NOT EASY TO HANDLE 15+ FACEBOOK ACCOUNTS (in facebook account creation is a bit lengthy process compared to FootyRoom)

1. BAN BAN and BAN !! FootyRoom you are a commercial unit. You earn your money through this site. What are trollers ?? They dont get paid to shit around ......THEY WILL STOP EVENTUALLY !!
    In my 5 months here I have seen some GREAT Football lovers like GunnerAFC, koldimere, ironfist2010, Gennady and many others but I have never seen a troll being active for more than a week or two : ManCity4eva, Nobody, IHeisinberg, SergioAguero, udikman - where are they ??? GONE !!! they don't last much but if they just ban them !!

NOW IN SHORT :

1. NO RANKING
  2. FACEBOOK KONNECT
  3. THUMBING UP UNLIMITED/ THUMBING DOWN RESTRICTED
  4. ADMIN>BAN THE FUCKERS * MODERATORS DELETE THE FUCKING POSTS !!
Jimskeleton 12 years ago

Really nice post naman, long read, lol, couple of changes I would make is I'm not sure about the facebook connect, like tuanis suggestion of e-mail activation, if someone wanted multi accounts creating a new e-mail/facebook isn't difficult.

&

I still think we need to stop unregistered users posting in the match highlights too, a lot of the racial/religious/trolling etc...comes from unregistered users, said it before, force them to sign up, if they then abuse you can ban them, you can't do anything about unregistered users at the moment I believe.

naman93 12 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@jim : yeah getting registered to comment will reduce abusive content drastically and to compensate FR can start "Vote your Player of the match" and "Flop of the Match " to keep unregistered users involved.

just getting a feeling : Arent we demanding too much from a website whose primary objective is to show highlights ??