Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Messi
_Pelle_ 4 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

After the humiliating loss to B Munich...

Do you think Messi should stay in Barca?

Do you think he will stay in Barca?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

After the humiliating loss to B Munich...

Do you think Messi should stay in Barca?

Do you think he will stay?

Comments
quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

not sure how good givemesport source is but, tier 1 for Barcelona: Messi still wants to leave Barcleona, the situation continues.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Last I saw, Messi has advised he will stay for one more season, to avoid a legal battle. I saw this on multiple sports sites here in the US.

True?

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yes.

Messi gave a personal interview and he will stay.

The only way he could leave now is to pay 800m+$, or go to the court vs Barca, which he said whole heartedly somethinghe would never ever do. For a club that gave him everthing. Normal decision, nothing godly about it.

I hope Koeman get the best out of this squad and make the best out of Messi again. But most importantly, Messi should also adapt to the coach system.

Best of luck to them

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Wow, that was seriously a intense if not a bit short transfer saga. Make a lot of sense though. that Messi refuse to go to a legal battle against Barca. He still love the club even though its ain't going right and that Bartomeu is ruining everything.

Koeman will have a tough job ahead of him of trying to convince him to stay longer by building an actually competetive project.

Footy_watch 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

• History

If last season is anything to go by, Koeman doesn't need messi to stay for longer than one more season.

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Messi didn’t go against the club, but club was ready to take him to court.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Knowing Koeman from the Dutch, he will not let anyone bigger than the team. I dont thing Messi has any intention to do that despite the media try to paint otherwise.

But same with working for a company, after 20 years of contribution, be with the club through up and down, you will want to have a say in a lot of things.

Now, to get the best out of Messi, that requires even bigger people management, something Klopp and Pep do well. I hope for Koeman too

• History

Knowing Koeman from the Dutch, he will not let anyone bigger than the team. I dont thing Messi has any intention to do that despite the media try to paint otherwise.

But same with working for a company, after 20 years of contribution, be with the club through up and down, you will want to have a say in a lot of things.

Now that requires even bigger people management, something Klopp and Pep do well. I hope for Koeman too

Footy_watch 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1859

• History

Calm down, we aren't talking about prime messi, he's in his last yrs and barca dont seem to have a replacement which they will suffer from like Real Madrid

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Somehow, I don't feel like Koeman and Messi will get along too well. Though I might be too quick to judge, what do you guys think?

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

me too, I think Messi made kinda fool of himself saying he wants to go, that he has made his decision and now he stays..

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@Quikzyyy Yeah, Messi propably expected he could leave without too much trouble because of his clause but he underestimated Bartomeu. Now he has to stay and what he has done might affect how the coach see him.

That also make me wonder how Barca fans feel about Bartomeu, are they happy he managed to get Messi to stay one more year at least or are they angry of how he managed to do it.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Maybe he made fool of himself, but it brought huge attention to Barcelona and fans showed their discontent with board. If he had silently spoken to lawyers then spoke to board behind the scenes, it would have been just another day in the office of Bartomeu.

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

I don't think he made a fool of himself at all. He was going off information he thought was valid and trusted the people he works with. Having to go back on the request is not a negative, in fact, it makes him look good. He said he does not want to force a legal battle which would have been a public display, and he chose to run out his existing "contract".

If anything, it adds more to the Barca office and Bartomeu. Would have been cool to see Messi let go, but they are running a business, so I see why they held firm.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@DarthFooty Good point though I would argue the reason why he wanted to leave was because he stopped believing into Bartomeu and his project in the first place. Not saying he should have seen it coming but he propably could have.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Next year he walk away as free agent. I would have sold him and I am sure some club would have cough up at least 200 mil for him

_Pelle_ 4 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

@Marcus2011: totally agree

KaithlynMoore 4 years ago
USA 0 6

Messi should, and he will be staying in Barca after all he has given his life to Barca. I don't think Barca is letting him go anywhere.

KaithlynMoore 4 years ago
USA 0 6

Messi has given his whole life to Barca and when your tree has grown is a wise decision. Barca won't allow him to leave.

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Messi has given his whole life to Barca and when your tree has grown is a wise decision. Barca won't allow him to leave.