Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Messi
_Pelle_ 4 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6871

After the humiliating loss to B Munich...

Do you think Messi should stay in Barca?

Do you think he will stay in Barca?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

After the humiliating loss to B Munich...

Do you think Messi should stay in Barca?

Do you think he will stay?

Comments
Footy_watch 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

/

• History

The messi hype is silly and way over the top that as his era has ended. Threrefore he won't be the best player in the league if he goes to the Premier league, meaning there is little to be excited about

To be honest the messi hype is silly and way over the top as his era has ended. Threrefore he won't be the best player in the league if he goes to the Premier league, meaning there is little to be excited about

To be honest the messi hype is silly and way over the top as his era has ended. Threrefore he won't be the best player in the league if he goes to the Premier league, meaning there is little to be excited about.

On the other hand it would be much more exciting to see Mbappe in the premier league

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1094

According to this article from ESPN...

https://www.espn.com/soccer/soccer-transfers/story/4168454/man-city-confident-messi-would-snub-rivals-for-them-if-barcelona-negotiate-sources

Sources told ESPN that Messi called coach Pep Guardiola last week to tell him he wanted to leave Barcelona after nearly 20 years at the club. There is still no agreement between City and Messi, but the club speak almost daily with his father, Jorge, and are working on a number of possible formulas.

The first, as reported by ESPN earlier this week, would see Messi sign a three-year deal with City, with the option to then move to partner club New York City FC for another two years at the end of his career.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Threrefore he won't be the best player in the league if he goes to the Premier league, meaning there is little to be excited about.

Well, personally, I disagree, its alway more exciting to have one of the world best player in the league, no matter if he isn't at his prime anymore. And what else, I'm expecting Messi to still have some amazing year ahead of him.

Though I will concede having M'bappe in PL would also be very much hype. ;P

@DarthFooty Seem pretty obvious that if he ever leave, his favorite destination would be whoever he would get to play under Pep once more.

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Remember how much trouble Barcelona caused to Neymar when he tried to get out of his clause? Yea, nothing changed. I think it is shame on Bartomeu for disgracing club’s reputation and forcing Messi to go ugly with lawyers. If you keep him then what? He will not be happy which will cause further issues within the squad. There are a lot of players that look up to him. This will wake them up when they renew their contracts.

tiki_taka 4 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Things are going that way since 2015, the board is clueless sportively and more buisness focused.

Those who think Messi will fail elsewhere are idiots, Messi will be the best wherever he goes at 33 yo no player is on his table yet not even mbappe or Neymar.

Koman Saïd it's the end of privileges, but it wasn't Messi ambition to carry a team full of weaknesses with no fighting spirit like we used to. He never claimed the captaincy and he got his club and nation on his shoulders.... Koman is an idiot and so is Bartomeu to talk to the GOAT that way.

Then they got rid of Suarez his best friend with an ugly way showing him the exit with disgraceful fashion....

Don't forget Messi is 33, Barca has entered rebuilding process probably reaching peak in 3 years ( if everything is done well )
He can't afford to wait.

For me he stayed loyal till the end, he could have left in 2016, he stayed by loyalty carrying the board and the club, he deserved any penny he earned and made Barca a bigger force than it ever was... He deserves a statue in front of the stadium and a street name in Barcelona.

But with my all love to the club, I want to see Messi leaving the sinking boat and see bartomeu as the asshole that made Messi leave.

Messi deserves a last challenge with a decent team and I would love to see him at PL to silence all his haters, even at 33, he will kick asses and break knees...

PL you aren't prepared for the Pulga, best luck to him, plus 700 goals with the club best scorer ever in la Liga, nobody will match his legacy for centuries...

Time for some players and board to pay their mistakes...

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@tiki: well said.

Barca is rotten AF, and their board is an embarrassment. Still a great great club though.

But i think Messi need to be coached by someone like Pep, or he will be lazy and just walk around... Or he's so demotivated that he would try way less. All of that would be a waste for the GOAT's last years of his career.

tiki_taka 4 years ago
quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

EPL gonna get stacked as fuck next year, however this is big problem for La Liga, loosing Neymar, Ronaldo and now even Messi would be very worrying for the incoming money and advertisting.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago

@tiki: watching that is really emotional, especially the last min and he is on the ground.

Still incredible skills, contribution etc... But you can see that his last year is being wasted, by the club and by himself. :( No real football fan wants to see this.

tiki_taka 4 years ago

Yeah tuan, my unpopular opinion is that Messi was being shown the exit indirectly.

In term of wages he was costing a lot, the direction invested a lot and it didn't pay off. Imo nothing is coincidence in buisness. Suarez exit, Koeman words... The coach can't say what he said if he didn't have the board backing... They did everything to make Messi ask for departure. They cannot afford to offload him, I'm disgusted by this direction.

He was claiming sportive changes and they were raising his wages to silence him, but Messi care more of sportive.

Actually his departure will make room for some new signings and style change, we know what we are loosing not what we are winning. Wish Messi all the best.

DarthFooty 4 years ago

The club was successful before Messi and will be successful again. Sad how this is all playing out and they are surely working hard to try and tarnish reputations, after all, there are a ton of politics involved.

All players leaving Barca, I hope they do well in their new homes. All new players coming in, I hope you can rebuild and challenge for titles again soon. The overall game is better with a good Barca out there.

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

The club was successful before Messi and will be successful again. Sad how this is all playing out and they are surely working hard to try and tarnish reputations, after all, there are a ton of politics involved.
All players leaving Barca, I hope they do well in their new homes. All new players coming in, I hope you can rebuild and challenge for titles again soon. The overall game is better with a good Barca out there.

Was it though?They've won 5 UCL's and 4 of them were with Messi...

They were always a good Spanish team (good's 90's run holy) but I don't think they were really rated as a contential team before the 2000's. I wasn't really alive then though, but titles kind of speak for themselves?

DarthFooty 4 years ago

The Late 80s and early to mid-90s was a good run for Barca, then you move to mid-2000s were they might not have won everything, but they had a very strong team.

It took Messi a few years to learn and grow with the first team, but boy did he!

Marcus2011 4 years ago

Barcelona is continental power was literally build with Ronaldinho, Messi and lucky jacpot they hit with La Masia graduates majority of whom became world class players contributing further to clubs success. That is where they hit jackpots with popularity around the world. Drawing revenue and continues success on the pitch established them as elite club in Europe. Before that they had a good run in 90s. That is it.

Facts: Board has mistreated Ronaldinho, La Masia players and Messi. So much so that they don't want to comeback. That should tell you enough about current board.

When Ronaldinho left, it left space for Messi to shine. When Messi leaves who will step up as the top man of the team? Recently returned Coutinho :))

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

@Marcus I think the decision with Ronaldinho was right, however I completely agree with you for the rest. Barcelona will have really hard time trying to rebuild with old squad collecting high paychecks, and terrible decisions on market Coutinho, Dembele, Griezmann, none of the players fit the Barcelona system.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago

I think it's quite obvious there are a lot of politics involved. And this current management stinks badly, we have been agreed on that for a few years.

I really enjoy Messi's style, the different and uniqueness that he brings. to me he is the best in the history, the completeness that he has is the first one the game has ever seen. Ronaldinho was better in a few areas, but not in scoring and in freekick, which are some heavy factor, R9 was phenomenol but not the engine. CR7 is a lot of things and an insane scoring machine, but not the architect. Messi tops all of that.

BUT, the last few years, may be age is a factor, but his motivation has been quite sad at time, then he becomes this numbness on the fields sometimes and he just walks around, it might be away he protests. I dont think he's a guy when there is an argument he would win verbally. Everyone can eat him alive LOLLLLLZ. He does his talking on the pitch, and also his frustration there.

I hate to see it ends this way.

Even now, Barca might have enough reason to tribute number 10 permanently to him. Yeah, but with this saga, not gonna happen.

I want to see him in EPL, that would boost EPL so much more, and seriously La Liga would be screwed. Barca will earn some, especially with the wages, but everything else they will loose. Crowd attraction etc... Take me and my friend for example, the only reason we tune in for Barca week in week out is because of Messi

Footy_watch 4 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1842

/

• History

Messi is maybe the best all round offensive player but to me that doesnt make him the best. R9 was a better striker, Ronaldinho a better dribbler, Thierry Henry more exciting, Cr7 a better striker etc

tiki_taka 4 years ago

Henry played with Messi, Neymar played, many played next to him, there is no match...
In term of potential R9 was the closest, but R9 career was screwed with injuries...
I love unpredictable players, Messi was predectibly unpredictable lol, all coaches and defenders knew he was going left they even put left zonal marking in case the first defenders is knocked down. He is too fast in execution even to foul him is difficult I just never seen faster thinking/execution/accuracy... He is winning CL next year with any club he is going to mark my words...

2012 was the best year I've seen a player do, hatricks super hatricks dribles, consistency, records, insanity...

For me modern football starts in the 80's I dont give much credit to what happened before due to level and poor physical preparation....
He is the best ever for me, potential is something else, bojan got potential, Balotelli got potential, Ronaldinho got potential....

Marcus2011 4 years ago

@quikzy

Ronaldinho did party too much though. I think he was overcompensating for his poor upbringing and probably as he became rich all these women that were throwing themselves at him became just to hard to turn down.

@tuan

Yes. Fans follow players then they follow club. They might stay with that club as fans but players attract those fans. Majority of fans don’t care what values club brings but only if they are successful, level of entertainment it brings and stars.

It wasn’t long ago when every second person I met was Juventus or Milan fan. They had some amazing players in their squads while also playing gorgeous football.