Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Messi
_Pelle_ 4 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

After the humiliating loss to B Munich...

Do you think Messi should stay in Barca?

Do you think he will stay in Barca?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

After the humiliating loss to B Munich...

Do you think Messi should stay in Barca?

Do you think he will stay?

Comments
Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

I can't imagine Lionel leaving Barca... but if it had to happen, the club would need to be in utter chaos and to be honest... as far as Barca is concerned, this season for them has been shambolic. So who know.

Personally, I would understand him to think about it and personally, I don't think he should have to stick with while they rebuild their team but sincerly, I still highly doubt he would end up leaving. Barca will propably throw everyone under the bus before they will let Messi go.

expertfootball11 4 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

Barca has been in decline ever since Guardiola left. Under luiz enrique, despite all his flaws, he is nowhere near Pep in tactics but Barca maintained good composure, managed to do the remontada against psg for instance, and won most of Classicos. But since he left, no one stepped to take leadership, I feel like this club was in a free for all mode, with everyone looking up to Messi to try to salvage the club, but he can't do miracles every single time, he is also aging. End of an era

netsten 4 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

Pep had better tactics, but he also had better players, Xavi, Iniesta, Villa, Sanchez, Fabregas, Pedro, Puyol, Eto'o, Messi...

Personally I don't think Barcelona made a single good transfer for years now... For me the last one was Suarez 5 years ago...

ArgjentD 4 years ago
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

Messi needs to stay in Barcelona. Barcelona should get Guardiola back, and buy CR7 & Neymar and you will see the old Barcelona back winning treble.

_Pelle_ 4 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

If Barca keep Messi he should accept a less dominant role, or let other new and younger players take bigger responsibilities. It is necessary if they are to rebuild successfully. They need to look beyond his retirement.

• History

If Barca keep Messi he should accept a less dominant role, or let other new and younger players take bigger responsibilities. It is necessary if they are to rebuild successfully.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle I agree, to be honest, that how it was supposed to go with Neymar progressively but we all know how that ended up. Still think that as soon as Neymar left, thing got a lot worse for Barca real fast. Its too bad Coutinho, Malcom and Dembele all kinda failed to replace him correctly.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

And now there is rumours that Messi want to leave Barca immediatly unless he see great change from the direction. Wonder if there is any truth to it though. :S

ArgjentD 4 years ago Edited
Juventus, Kosovo 6 155

If Messi leaves, where the hell is he going tho? I really can't see him playing for another team, is he going to play somewhere in MLS? For Inter? For PSG? Interesting.

• History

If Messi leaved, where the hell is he going tho? I really can't see him playing for another team, is he going to play somewhere in MLS? For Inter? For PSG? Interesting.

Emobot7 4 years ago Edited
538 11432

@ArgjentD He's not going to MLS, thats for sure. MLS team ain't rich enough to afford him as of now.

In the opinion of some people, the only teams he might leave for is propably City or PSG, since they might be some of the only teams able afford him but also for the fact he would meet up with an old friend of his at both of those club (Pep at City and Neymar at PSG).

• History

@ArgjentD He's not going to MLS, thats for sure. MLS team ain't rich enough to afford him as of now.

In the opinion of some people, the only teams he might leave for is propably City or PSG, since they might be some of the only teams able afford him but he would also meet up with an old friend of his at both of those club (Pep at City and Neymar at PSG).

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Messi is dealing with loyalty issues. It is hard enough to leave a club that is paying you well, have been very successful, and still can drive to bring in top talent. Add in that they pretty much helped him grow up.

I was impressed with CR7 for leaving Man Utd, then Real, but he has the drive to be the best and what better way to try that than to go to different leagues and perform well. It will be the only knock on Messi, if he never does leave Barca.

Personally, I would love to see him move, to show he is not just a one league, one team player. If he did stay though, I still rank him as one of the greatest ever to play the game.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

Personally, I would love to see him move, to show he is not just a one league, one team player. If he did stay though, I still rank him as one of the greatest ever to play the game.

I completely agree with you.

By the way, I know it got nothing to do with what we were saying but I rate loyalty of player highly in football. Though in Messi case, if he left Barca, I would say that they were the one who betrayed him first.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I think he should go, but probably no one can afford him, probably City could be the only one.

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

The cost to La Liga is massive.

It is like nobody has thought this through.

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Barca can’t pay his wages if this no crowd football and economic contraction continues.

Here is a huge reality check for all those clubs that lavishly have throwing money at players in transfer market when those players true value is far less. And then they paid them far more Han they deserve.

Barelona is 800 million dollar in debt, La Liga is stagnant with revenues and players on payroll are making a killing! Yet, majority of them are 30 plus!

Footy_watch 4 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

Messi should make a dream move to the same club as Cr7

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Any hypothetical where Messi leaves costs Barca far more than they will save. The club's entire aura for the past decade and a half is basically Lionel Messi. The Barca board know that and even if he agitates a move they won't let him go. Spanish superclubs never treat their heroes right, why would they start now.

My guess is that it's Messi using his ridiculous player power to force political change in the structure of the club. If he ends up anywhere else I'd be very surprised.

quikzyyy 4 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

My guess is that it's Messi using his ridiculous player power to force political change in the structure of the club. If he ends up anywhere else I'd be very surprised.

I completely agree, but I'd do the same. The board is making mistake after mistake. They are basically wasting last "top" years of his career. This Barca team wouldn't even qualify for Champions League without Messi.

Marcus2011 4 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Messi’s contract has specific clause in his contract that allows him to exit anytime he wishes.

Messi, as well as other players, was already asked to take pay cut, and board made him along with others look greedy to public.

There is a huge conflict with the board. So much so that clubs legends don’t want to comeback until board is gone. Xavi declined management role because of Board. Same with Puyol. Messi as well as some other players are in conflict with Eric Abidal sporting director...

DarthFooty 4 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Abidal is out, or that is what I thought I read the other day. NOT Confirmed!