Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mbappe vs Asensio vs Dembele
Amerr30 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Who do you guys think is the best young player right now?

I know that Asensio does not get as much hype as the other two but it'd be foolish to say he's not in the same bracket as them.

He's about to sign another contract to increase his buyout clause to 350, to ensure Real don't suffer the same fate as Barca.

Who do you guys think is showing the most potential, the most promise?

I think Dembele is the most immature in terms of in-game decisions whereas both Asensio and Mbappe excel in that area. It is without a doubt that all three are immensely talented, so it will depend on maturity and decisions they make.

Comments
SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Sun: I see your point, but talking about professional football - where the players are compared to every other player, not only those within their specific age or even age group, is very different. Since the pool of players is much greater, so becomes the etymology.

I disagree with that very strongly, there are waaaaaay more 15-year olds that play soccer at an elite level than 20-year olds. And while we don't necessarily compare by age group, isn't that what we're doing right now, attempting to see which of this massive prospects is better? Are you saying we should compare 19-year old Mbappe to 30-year old Messi? They're both the best players at their respective ages, but if age is irrelevant...

Beyond that, what makes you think that the kids in Sporting's Portuguese academy are that different from professionals? Or in any academy really. They train more than actual professionals do, unless you're talking players with Ronaldo-level work ethic.

I guess what I really want to see when people discuss potential is not an abstract figure, but instead a concise evaluation of the skills, and more importantly, weaknesses of a player, and the likelihood that they can overcome and/or minimize those weaknesses. That's what we do for the kiddies, I don't see why it should be different for the adults.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Why must you feel the need to convince me of the greatness of this player, by bringing up stats that are by your admission, so flawed?

The stat wasn't meant to convince anyone and as you said, they are flawed, wich is something I realized only after putting them on. I could have removed them but I thought they were interesting if only to compare Dembele and M'bappe. As to why I feel like I need to convince you, I would say its because you sound a bit like your looking down on one of my favorite player when you say he hasn't proven himself yet like the other two. But that just me getting emotional, in reality, there is no need to take your time to make an huge response to my commentary. Beside, I do agree with you to a certain extend. :)

amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

rayrex7

Asensio has proven himself that he can be in any teams starting 11

Wrong sir. He can't get ahead of Sanchez and Mesut Ozil in the Arsenal team. This same team lost to Bayern Munich 10 2. Point invalid.

Give me a reason why you think Mbappe and Dembele are better than Asensio

Because they have proven themselves domestically and in European games. They have been key men for their teams and they have both demonstrated the ability to change a game. They can each play against different types of teams and defenders, weather the team is big or small, or weather they have really fast defenders or really physical defenders. Both have passed their tests 10/10.

Asensio on the other hand hasn't shown the ability to change a game. He's played very good against some La Liga teams, and even in big games like Bayern you can say he did very good. But looking at the circumstances i do not believe it was as good as people claim it to be. Asensio came off the bench and was fresh. Hummels played for nearly two hours and at that point Bayern didn't care. Also Never was injured from goal 3. It was a good goal but overhyped.

I hope you get what I'm saying here.

that comment wasn't necessary

Well not necessary but I don't see how Asensio is being compared to Mbappe/Dembele. It's like comparing Henry with Bendther. Thats the way I see it. Also some people are too clueless, yet they think they are know it all.

Amerr30

I am sorry for questioning YOUR knowledge. I shouldn't have dared to do such a thing. You are right, your opinions are extremely flawless and absolutely 100% right everytime. Sorry for insulting you too, shouldn't have said you can't watch football.

Golefty

You're right. As your little friend Amerr says if you want a proper reasoning about my opinion dont make flawed argument.

Messi didn't score every debut right? That means Asensio > Messi right? If not then don't whine...

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

rayrex7

Asensio has proven himself that he can be in any teams starting 11

Wrong sir. He can't get ahead of Sanchez and Mesut Ozil in the Arsenal team. This same team lost to Bayern Munich 10 2. Point invalid.

Give me a reason why you think Mbappe and Dembele are better than Asensio

Because they have proven themselves domestically and in European games. They have been key men for their teams and they have both demonstrated the ability to change a game. They can each play against different types of teams and defenders, weather the team is big or small, or weather they have really fast defenders or really physical defenders. Both have passed their tests 10/10.

Asensio on the other hand hasn't shown the ability to change a game. He's played very good against some La Liga teams, and even in big games like Bayern you can say he did very good. But looking at the circumstances i do not believe it was as good as people claim it to be. Asensio came off the bench and was fresh. Hummels played for nearly two hours and at that point Bayern didn't care. Also Never was injured from goal 3. It was a good goal but overhyped.

I hope you get what I'm saying here.

that comment wasn't necessary

Well not necessary but I don't see how Asensio is being compared to Mbappe/Dembele. It's like comparing Henry with Bendther. Thats the way I see it.

Amerr30

I am sorry for questioning YOUR knowledge. I shouldn't have dared to do such a thing. You are right, your opinions are extremely flawless and absolutely 100% right everytime. Sorry for insulting you too, shouldn't have said you can't watch football.

Golefty

You're right. As your little friend Amerr says if you want a proper reasoning about my opinion dont make flawed argument.

Messi didn't score every debut right? That means Asensio > Messi right? If not then don't whine...

Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

Amir - your entitled to an opinion , watching Real Madrid vs Valencia Asensio just scored the opening goal in 9 minutes, and an equalizing free kick , changing the game...

Henry with bendtner? hahah i wonder how you can actually justify that comparison ? its not even worth it to argue with that but just to be clear
dembele - mbappe - bendtner - ascensio ?

• History

Amir - your entitled to an opinion but you should back it up, watching Real Madrid vs Valencia just scored the opening goal in 9 minutes, changing the game.... basically the only thing you've said to back up your opinion is that to disagree with us and that his bayern goal wasn't great

Amir - your entitled to an opinion but you should back it up, watching Real Madrid vs Valencia just scored the opening goal in 9 minutes, and an equalizing free kick , changing the game.... basically the only thing you've said to back up your opinion is that to disagree with us and that his bayern goal wasn't great

Amir - your entitled to an opinion but you should back it up, watching Real Madrid vs Valencia just scored the opening goal in 9 minutes, and an equalizing free kick , changing the game.... basically the only thing you've said to back up your opinion is that you disagree and that his bayern goal wasn't great

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited

Best thing to do in this case is to not feed the troll.

Never feed the troll.

Golefty: Did you SEEE THAT? Mbappe, Dembele.. WHO??

This kid is truly something else.

• History

Best thing to do in this case is to not feed the troll.

Never feed the troll.

Golefty: Did you SEEE THAT? Mbappe, Dembele.. WHO?

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

“This kid’s gonna be the best kid in the world. This kid’s gonna be somebody better than anybody I ever knew.”

That kid is Ascensio

rayrex7 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

@amir mate Ozil is long gone, Sanchez is world class, but Asensio will without a doubt fit in Arsenal 11, heck Borja Mayroal will fit in. Asensio will also fit in Bayern's squad. Bayern is a team full of superstars but no chemistry whatsoever.

Dembele hasnt proven himself in european competitions as much as Mbappe and Asensio. Domestically, Mbappe worst opponents were PSG only and Dembele had Bayern. Asensio played against Atleti and Barca. Plus Mbappe and Dembele were regular starters while Asensio was barely given any minutes because of Madrids depth, even Ronaldo didnt play much games last season.

No one here denies the fact of how good dembele is, But blabbing how big the difference between the players was too far-fetched. those 3 are future balon D'or winners if they strive for it. There is still Rashford, Jesus and Sane. Lot's of youngsters, give them time, we will see who works the hardest.

Eden17Hazard17 7 years ago
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Asensio will be the best in the world in 4 years time. Don't @ me

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

yeah i change my mind too. I saw Ascensio play the other day. That kid's striking ability is top notch

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Wow asensioooooooo what a player

Marcus2011 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Every shot kid makes finds the net.. accuracy made the goalkeeper watch the ball twice without diving for it

• History

Every shot kids makes finds the net.. accuracy made goalkeeper watch the ball twice without diving for it

porkey 7 years ago
Liverpool, Trinidad and Tobago 9 85

Asensio... this kid got some fire in him...... could be the next ronaldo in time to come

Dynastian98 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Zidane said that he hasn't seen a left-footed player this talented since Messi - high praise to live up to. It also goes to show how much Zidane respects Asensio's ability, and I'm sure Zidane has a better knack of recognizing potential than any of us do.

• History

Zidane said that he hasn't seen a left-footed player this talented since Messi. High praise to live up to. It also goes to show how much Zidane respects Asensio's talent, and I'm sure Zidane has a better knack of recognizing talent than any of us do.

+1 Dynastian

Best 5 goals scored in August by Real.

The "Prince of Madrid" got 3 of them.

• History

Best 5 goals.scored in August by Real.

Best 5 goals scored in August by Real.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

took this from Quickzyy on the other thread but it should be here too

here is the fresh prince of barcelona

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golefty Well he did miss training to push the move trough. Even though it is pretty hillarious even for me. XD

@Amer @Dynast Well, no doubt Asension will be one of the biggest player for Real in the future if he keep up his current form and manage to stay clear of major injury. Hope he never leave either, he really belong in Madrid. ;)

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Mbappe still better than the other two IMO.
But I expect Dembele to win La Liga with Barcelona this season and Asensio to establish himself in the first 11.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Eh, gonna be tough task for Barca to win La Liga this season, they will need Madrid to drop point like against Valencia to have a chance. :(

LA Liga always producing the best rivalries.

Real v Barca, CR v Messi, now Asensio v Dembele.. Ramos v Pique

Sure, this all one rivalry.. But it's so multifaceted.

Mbappe v Dembele in the future perhaps?

After this game v Valencia I wouldn't be surprised if Papa Perez signs Mbappe on the last day of the transfer season. We all know just how much he loves those.

Imagine.. Asensio and Mbappe in the same team? Wed be set for another decade, not that we already aren't...

• History

LA Liga always producing the best rivalries :)

After this game v Valencia I wouldn't be surprised if Papa Perez signs Mbappe on the last day of the transfer season. He loves those.

LA Liga always producing the best rivalries.

After this game v Valencia I wouldn't be surprised if Papa Perez signs Mbappe on the last day of the transfer season. We all know just how much he loves those.

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

None of them aren't even close to our Mighty Rashford though. #triggered