Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Mbappe vs Asensio vs Dembele
Amerr30 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Who do you guys think is the best young player right now?

I know that Asensio does not get as much hype as the other two but it'd be foolish to say he's not in the same bracket as them.

He's about to sign another contract to increase his buyout clause to 350, to ensure Real don't suffer the same fate as Barca.

Who do you guys think is showing the most potential, the most promise?

I think Dembele is the most immature in terms of in-game decisions whereas both Asensio and Mbappe excel in that area. It is without a doubt that all three are immensely talented, so it will depend on maturity and decisions they make.

Comments
Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Asensio , IMO he has already established himself a proven and reliable starting XI at real madrid,
next would be mbappe, he has proven himself in the champions league

dembele hasnt done much except some sweet skill moves and assists , biggest oppenent being bayern and man united in the preseasons

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Mbappe > Asensio > Dembele.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Mbappe has the best physical aspects and he's only 18 years old. So I think Mbappe has the biggest potential but right now Asensio has been playing the best.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

It's a hard decision between Mbappe and Assensio, but I'd probably go with same order as @Danastian stated. Dembele is far behind these two imo..

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

I'll go with the unpopular opinion here, Dembele for the win, even though his decision making is not as good as the other, his sheer skill and ability is pretty incredible. Still, this is more of a personal preference of mine for I can tell the other two might be a bit better as of now. ;)

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Mbappe seems to be more at this point for me.

But Asensio is such a wonder talent. I will wait for him to have a bit more playing time.

@Emo: that's interesting. :D

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

For me Asensio. Scoring goals like that against Barcelona ... damn

TheCreatorInChief 7 years ago
Manchester United, Nigeria 0 18

Dembele to me, simply because he can't beat players with ease.

Croatian 7 years ago
Bayern Munich, Croatia 23 1323

Dembele is currently best, and Mbappe has most potential. Dembele can clearly beat any of his markers, he has most natural dribbling skill next to Messi, Neymar, Hazard, Isco and etc, he is basically pure definition of wonderkid. But he also is unbeliveable playmaker, crossing, vision, combinatorics - literally everything is on point. You have to watch him week-in week-out to fully witness how good is he. He also quite often scores wondergoals.

Mbappe is clearly another insanely talented lad, and I think at his peak he will be better than Dembele or Asensio.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

Dembele is the best out of them, unreal talent.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Mbappe
Dembele
Asensio

Amerr30 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Dembele?

I'll be honest, I have not seen much of him. Not nearly to the extent that I have seen Mbappe and Asensio. From what I've seen these two players do, against such great opposition, is it a coincidence that I haven't heard of Dembele in the same light?

Asensio has done fantastic against the likes of Barcelona and Juventus - and this, on the biggest of stages.

Same thing could be said for Mbappe. Look at what he did to Manchester City in the Champions League. These two young-ens have proven that they are no flops. They do it against the biggest of the teams, against elite defenses.

They not only showed the ability to beat defenders, they showed great maturity in decision making, have great finishing, and do not allow pressure affect their game.

Dribbling means nothing if you haven't got these parts of the game down.

So now, what has Dembele done against the big clubs? Has he done anything against Bayern worth mentioning? I'm honestly asking. I have not heard much of him. Little from what I seen, and from what I heard, he's a fantastic dribbler that often plays himself into trouble and ends up losing the ball. Makes poor decisions on the field. You can be the most talented dribbler in the World, if you haven't gotten game intelligence - you won't add much to the team, you'll be a liability.

How is he different from Robinho? How does he deal with pressure that comes with performing against the big clubs?

I have not heard Dembele do anything against the elite, but maybe I have no been paying attention. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

What I do know however is that both Mbappe and Asensio have shined each time they played against the elite. This is how you distinguish the stars from the flops. Each time these two were called up, they answered the call - and what's more, whenever they did, it was headline stuff.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Dembele?

I'll be honest, I have not seen much of him. Not nearly to the extent that I have seen Mbappe and Asensio. From what I've seen these two players do, against such great opposition, is it a coincidence that we haven't heard of Dembele in the same light?

Asensio has done fantastic against the likes of Barcelona and Juventus - and this, on the biggest of stages.

Same thing could be said for Mbappe. Look at what he did to Manchester City in the Champions League. These two young-ens have proven that they are no flops. They do it against the biggest of the teams, against elite defenses.

They not only showed the ability to beat defenders, they showed great maturity in decision making, have great finishing, and do not unnecessarily hold/dribble the ball.

So now, what has Dembele done against the big clubs? Has he done anything against Bayern worth mentioning? I'm honestly asking. I have not heard much of him. Little from what I seen, and from what I heard, he's a fantastic dribbler that often plays himself into trouble and ends up losing the ball. Makes poor decisions on the field. You can be the most talented dribbler in the World, if you haven't gotten game intelligence - you won't add much to the team, you'll be a liability.

How is he different from Robinho? How does he deal with pressure that comes with performing against the big clubs?

I have not heard Dembele do anything against the elite, but maybe I have no been paying attention. Correct me if I'm mistaken.

What I do know however is that both Mbappe and Asensio have shined each time they played against the elite. This is how you distinguish the stars from the flops. Each time these two were called up, they answered the call - and what's more, whenever they did, it was headline stuff.

Dembele?

I'll be honest, I have not seen much of him. Not nearly to the extent that I have seen Mbappe and Asensio. From what I've seen these two players do, against such great opposition, is it a coincidence that I haven't heard of Dembele in the same light?

They not only showed the ability to beat defenders, they showed great maturity in decision making, have great finishing, and do not unnecessarily hold/dribble the ball.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

OK I got triggered by this, first off, Robinho was a great player that had some problems in his own mind, he was a bad boy so no need to mention him here since these 3 wonderkids are not in the point where their character comes into play, all 3 are yet to experience the full star player experience in life.
So how are all 3 different from Robinho, simply by not reaching the stage in their career where we can compare them to Robinho.

Second, none of the 3 wonderkids are flopping, Dembele was not in the headlines sure, right...But he isn't playing for Real Madrid, his team in general is weaker compared to the other 2 that reached the ending stages of Champions league, Dembele isn't a flop, yet.

quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Dembele may have the talent, but has absolutely no consistency, that's one big minus from me.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

Has he done anything against Bayern worth mentioning?

Sorry for the poor quality but do you think thats good enough against Bayern? ;)

iHEARTfootball 7 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Mbappe for me 😉

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11432

@Amer30 Also, he made 18 assist and scored 8 for BVB last season, meanwhile, Bale assisted 3 and scored 9 for Real. And yes, I know Bale was injured most of last season but still, having being directly linked with 26 goals for your team in a single season isn't too bad. ;) I really wouldn't call that a flop anyway. :D

• History

Also, he made 18 assist and scored 8 for BVB last season, meanwhile, Bale assisted 3 and scored 9 for Real. And yes, I know Bale was injured most of last season but still, having being directly linked with 26 goals for your team in a single season isn't too bad. ;) I really wouldn't call that a flop anyway. :D

rayrex7 7 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Mate, there is no comparison, Dembele is the talented out of the 3, He is the top 5 dribblers in the world, really fast and the guy doesn't know the definition of a weak foot.

Mbappe is the perfect striker, pace, strength, composure, dribbling and finishing, and he is only 18! He may have played in ligue one against shaky defenders, but he still proved himself in the UCL against City, BvB and Juventus.

Asensio on the other hand has it all, his confidence and maturity on the pitch tops it all. Only Mbappe has that while the other 19/20 y/o all lack this. Even dembele, he is inconsistent, terrible passing, and he hurry's with the ball to much, he isnt calm and composed as Mbappe and Asensio, but if the kid cant improve in those departments, than we can have a triple threat Balon D'Or competition. Asensio and Mbappe are almost equal, but at the moment Asensio > Mbappe > Dembele

• History

Mate, there is no comparison, Dembele is the talented out of the 3, He is the top 5 dribblers in the world, really fast and the guy doesn't know the definition of a weak foot.

Mbappe is the perfect striker, pace, strength, composure, dribbling and finishing, and he is only 18! He may have played in ligue one against shaky defenders, but he still proved himself in the UCL against City, BvB and Juventus.

Asensio on the other hand has it all, his confidence and maturity on the pitch tops it all. Only Mbappe has that while the other 19/20 y/o all lack this. Even dembele, he is inconsistent, terrible passing, and he hurry's with the ball to much, he isnt calm and composed as Mbappe and Asensio, but if the kid cant improve in those departments, than we can have a triple threat Balon D'Or competition.

chelsea8 7 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@golazo11 sorry to ask but did you change your team from arsenal to Chelsea? :D

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

@chelsea yes mate, I visited the mega store on Stamford Bridge some days ago, its so pretty and there were so many italian fans, some kid got a shirt from his dad for the stadium and he was so cute he said "papa que bello" I had a tear in my eye.
Sadly I had no time for the stadium tour but there are some cool trophies in the mega store :D