Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Lionel Messi out 7-8 weeks after injury against Las Palmas
Emrecan_58 9 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Lionel Messi suffered a knee injury early in Saturday's La Liga game at home to Las Palmas and will now face seven to eight weeks on the sidelines, according to the club.
What will be the consequences of this injury? We know that Barça havent got a "Barça Level" defence but their Attacking Power was stabilizing that. So What do you think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lionel Messi suffered a knee injury early in Saturday's La Liga game at home to Las Palmas and will now face seven to eight weeks on the sidelines, according to the club.
What will be the consequences of this injury. We know that Barça havent got a "Barça Level" defence but their Attacking Power was stabilizing that. So What do you think?

Comments
raimondo90 9 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

I think Barca will have a tough time.. The squad is very thin at the moment and you can never replace someone like Messi. Neymar and Suarez will have to step up big time. I don't think Munir or Sandro are good enough but heres their chances to impress.

I hope Messi recovers quickly and doesn't drop his level

Amerr30 9 years ago Edited
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

Sounds like a change in fortunes.

Last season it was Real Madrid that was getting hit by key injuries. This season, it's Barcelona. First Rafinha, now Messi. Let's see how they deal with it.

• History

Sounds like a change in fortunes.

Last season it was Real Madrid that was getting hit by key injuries. This season, it's Barcelona. Let's see how they deal with it.

Emrecan_58 9 years ago
Besiktas 149 3375

Arda Turan could have been very useful right now.

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@amerr tbf Ramos, Haméz & Bale are big misses. You could see it in Malaga game (my friend told me atleast, I didn't get to see it)

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

Latest serious injuries:
1- Fekir
2- Shaw
3- Rafinha
4- Messi
5- TBD

Amerr30 9 years ago

I don't know, I think Real played really well. Just missed wayyy tooo many chances, Ronaldo in particular. Kameni was in god-mode. Two balls were cleared off the line, one even looked to be over it. But there's no goal-line technology in La Liga, so we can't be sure.

Amerr30 9 years ago

@lionelmessi: You can add Jese to that list.

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

didn't no about jese

decentK 9 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

@amerr Alright :p

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Messi will miss the El Clascico on 21 Nov. Now, that is sad.

Emrecan_58 9 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Man, Clasico without Messi will not be that exciting since we won't see him against Ronaldo. Its easier to compare and criticize them when they play against eachother.

• History

Man, Clasico without Messi will not be that exciting since we won't see him against Ronaldo. Its easier to compare and criticize them when they play eachother.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

A shame. He is one of my favorite players, even if he wears red and blue. Recover soon, Messi!

Messi definitely is a joy to watch on-field but I don't like him off the field. All the fake humility, and acting all humble in front of the camera is really aggravating.

Not o be comparing, but at least Ronaldo true to himself, you know? He wants to be a legend, he works really hard for it and isn't afraid to enjoy and admit it.

Guardiola though epitomizes that for me. I think he's probably the most overrated manager of this generation. The guy has always, ALWAYS, had one of the best three squads in the World football - yet how many times has he won the champions league? For two years in a row now he gets humiliated in Champions League against Spanish opposition, even though he took over a treble-winning team and added reinforcements. Anyway, sorry for going off-topic. It just irks and gets me going sometime, the mere thought of Guardiola, the fake humbleness, and him being considered one of the best managers. Ugh.

@Emrecan: Yeah, Arda could be very useful now but he knew what he was getting into when he signed for the club. I've read news that Barca was saying how the fact that he isn't allowed to play is unfair to Arda, and that he is essentially getting punished for what somebody else did.

I found the comment ridiculous. He knew what he was getting into, didn't he? There's just so many things that bother me about Barca. The way they always play the victims, even while serving a punishment for breaking the rules. You know what the funniest thing though? Through all this, they still blame Real Madrid. Somehow, someway, at the end of the day this is all Real Madrid's doing.

They conduct all this shady business behind doors, and yet at the same time always hint how they are supposedly better than all the other clubs. How they are more than a club, and etc. The club of Barcelona is without a doubt, at least for me, the single most hypocritical club in the World football. Even Chelsea and Mourinho are better than them.

Sorry for going on and on.. I just. Can. Not. Stand. Them.

• History

Messi definitely is a joy to watch on-field but I don't like him off the field. All the fake humility, and acting all humble in front of the camera is really aggravating.

Not o be comparing, but at least Ronaldo true to himself, you know? He wants to be a legend, he works really hard for it and isn't afraid to enjoy and admit it.

Guardiola though epitomizes that for me. I think he's probably the most overrated manager of this generation. The guy has always, ALWAYS, had one of the best three squads in the World football - yet how many times has he won the champions league? For two years in a row now he gets humiliated in Champions League against Spanish opposition, even though he took over a treble-winning team and added reinforcements. Anyway, sorry for going off-topic. It just irks and gets me going sometime, the mere thought of Guardiola, the fake humbleness, and him being considered one of the best managers. Ugh.

JozeMourinho 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Amerr30
Hello i am RM I dislike Barca because they destroyed us over the last years no matter how money we spend. Would be enough than that big rant full of hate for the club.
~
Barcelona produced quality football over the last years why cant you enjoy it? Such talents that they produced and DIDNT BOUGHT unlike your team. Yes sometimes they dive or they cheat so what? No doubt they are the best team in the last decade either you like it or not and all that hate you throw for them just proves it. Even I as Chelsea fan who I got robbed in a UCL game respect their football and admire it BECAUSE ITS SIMPLY the best there is when they are on form.
~
Guardiola overrated? Maybe. But considering that he won so much and produced that tiki taka football that left me speechless deserves at least a clap or two even by their biggest rivals.

My god stop jumping on the hate bandwagon and start enjoy the football you watch because you wont see a Messi and a Cristiano very soon once they retire.

• History

@Amerr30
Hello i am RM I dislike Barca because they destroyed us over the last years no matter how money we spend. Would be enough than that big rant full of hate for the club.
~
Barcelona produced quality football over the last years why cant you enjoy it? Such talents that they produced and DIDNT BOUGHT unlike your team. Yes sometimes they dive or they cheat so what? No doubt they are the best team in the last decade either you like it or not and all that hate you throw for them just proves it. Even I as Chelsea fan who I got robbed in a UCL game respect their football and admire it BECAUSE ITS SIMPLY the best there is when they are on form.
~
Guardiola overrated? Maybe. But considering that he won so much and produced that tiki taka football that left me speechless deserves at least a clap or two even by their biggest rivals.

My god stop jumping on the hate bandwagon and start enjoy the football you watch because you wont see a Messi and a Cristiano very soon once they retire.

@Amerr30
~
~

P.S. BOOin

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Haha looks like somebody is happy with Barça's injuries, i thought you were supporting the best team in the world and universe ?
Dont you want some competition ? Hope Messi will get his BO deservedly this year despite the injury, he went all in in a ball he could have avoided that useless contact. The heart of Barça is done at the moment, i just hope we could still survive in the 3 competitions waiting for him.
Its like Madrid getting Modric injured, they can surely cope with Ronaldo injury, he doesnt contribute to build ups...

Get well soon Leo, the tactical change of Benitez will surely cost points to Madrid against small teams i told it before the start of the season. they will be more tactical and harder to beat for big teams but will loose points in the league, just like Mourinho Madrid, a cup team.

If the gap is less than 4pts at the start of January, we will win the league, unless Atletico bounces back.

@Joze: I don't think you've read my comment completely or didn't necessarily comprehend it in its entirety. I did not at any one point say that Barcelona do not play some great football. In fact, I said Messi is a joy to watch.

My comment was mostly about off the field antics and the way Barcelona presents itself.

But okay, let's talk about tiki taka.

How can tiki taka leave you speechless? Personally, I found it to be annoying. This is a completely honest opinion. They essentially just hog the ball 3/4 of the time. It is not revolutionary, nor is it some masterful tactic. It 'only' works in a team that is full of really great players. Impossible to replicate by a lower or mid-table club, unlike say.. Ajax's revolutionary total football philosophy.

The fact is, Barcelona had such a talented crop of a team that if you made them play ANY way, they would make it work. They were simply that good. In every position, they had a top player, aside perhaps the GK. I never thought of Valdez as a top quality goal keeper. On the other hand, the system is very much dependent on a player like Messi who could create magic out of nothing. Why else do you think Bayern aren't successful with Guardiola? They don't have Messi. Gotze is simply not even near the quality of Messi.

They keep the ball and pass it around until either the opposing team makes a mistake or one of your players pull a rabbit out of the hat. While it is true that Spain also played tiki taka, it wasn't quite the system that Guardiola played. They actually had tactics, and in addition to that both David Villa and Torress were peaking at the time of their WC triumph.

Now, let's talk about La Masia.

You said that Barcelona does not 'buy' players? This is such an uninformed opinion, bordering on ignorance. Consider the last 5 years. In every single transfer window, Barcelona has spent nearly the same amount as Real Madrid and in some cases even more. Don't you remember the players they brought in? Ibrahimovic, Eto, Henry, Febragas, Dani Alves, Alba, Suarez, Neymar.. just to name a few.

It has been years since La Masia produced anything of quality. In fact, aside from the class of Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi.. they've never really been a significant football academy in the World. La Masia currently sits last in their league while La Fabrica leads the table.

But anyway, this was not really what I wanted to talk about at all. I was merely expressing my opinion about off the field actions of Barcelona and the way they present themselves. Which, I believe, I am completely allowed to do. No reason to call me a hater or to tell me that I'm jumping on some hate bandwagon. If there is a hate bandwagon out there, it's well known that Real Madrid is the sole recipient of it. If you like to keep talking about this, head on over to my wall and we can talk. It's totally off-topic.

• History

@Joze: I don't think you've read my comment completely or didn't necessarily comprehend it in its entirety. I did not at any one point say that Barcelona do not play some great football. In fact, I said Messi is a joy to watch.

My comment was mostly about off the field antics and the way Barcelona presents itself.

But okay, let's talk about tiki taka.

How can tiki taka leave you speechless? Personally, I found it to be annoying. This is a completely honest opinion. They essentially just hog the ball 3/4 of the time. It is not revolutionary, nor is it some masterful tactic. It 'only' works in a team that is full of really great players. Impossible to replicate by a lower or mid-table club, unlike say.. Ajax's revolutionary total football philosophy.

The fact is, Barcelona had such a talented crop of a team that if you made them play ANY way, they would make it work. They were simply that good. In every position, they had a top player, aside perhaps the GK. I never thought of Valdez as a top quality goal keeper. On the other hand, the system is very much dependent on a player like Messi who could create magic out of nothing. Why else do you think Bayern aren't successful with Guardiola? They don't have Messi. Gotze is simply not even near the quality of Messi.

They keep the ball and pass it around until either the opposing team makes a mistake or one of your players pull a rabbit out of the hat. While it is true that Spain also played tiki taka, it wasn't quite the system that Guardiola played. They actually had tactics, and in addition to that both David Villa and Torress were peaking at the time of their WC triumph.

Now, let's talk about La Masia.

You said that Barcelona does not 'buy' players? This is such an uninformed opinion, bordering on ignorance. Consider the last 5 years. In every single transfer window, Barcelona has spent nearly the same amount as Real Madrid and in some cases even more. Don't you remember the players they brought in? Ibrahimovic, Eto, Henry, Febragas, Dani Alves, Alba, Suarez, Neymar.. just to name a few.

It has been years since La Masia produced anything of quality. In fact, aside from the class of Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi.. they've never really been a significant football academy in the World. La Masia currently sits last in their league while La Fabrica leads the table.

But anyway, this was not really what I wanted to talk about at all. I was merely giving my opinion about off the field actions of Barcelona and the way they present themselves. If you like to keep talking about this, head on over to my wall and we can talk. It's totally off-topic.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Too long buddy, will read it later.

Now lets talk results, Madrid Barça dominated Spain in the last decade. If a team can play tiki-taka and get the same results, then what are they waiting for...

@tiki_taka, let's not get into it again. We've talked about this once before and it only ended up with you bringing up Franco. Each time I proposed a counter to your argument, you slithered away and started talking about something else. I would rather not to do that again, it's pointless.

Let's just maintain a respectful distance without going for each others throats, and agree to disagree. :)

• History

@tiki_taka, let's not get into it again. We've talked about this once before and it only ended up with you bringing up Franco. Each time I proposed a counter to your argument, you slithered off and started talking about something else. I would rather not to do that again, it's pointless.

Let's just maintain a respectful distance without going for each others throats, and agree to disagree. :)

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

No you seem to have a lot of time lately, i dont. I understand your hate for Barça im not really a Madrid fan, so since half of your threads is about how Madrid is better than Barça, expect that i will get into you from time to time.

You seem obsessed about Barça, focus on your team and there will be no problems see the smiley ? :)

• History

No you seem to have a lot of time lately, i dont. I understand your hate for Barça im not really a Madrid fan, so since half of your threads is about how Madrid is better than Barça, expect that i will get into you from time to time.

Hah. That's quite an exaggeration. So far, I have created 9 threads here. Only one of them was about Barcelona, well specifically about Neymar. The other one where I talked about Barcelona was La Liga Week 5, which was not really about Barcelona but about the results of the week 5. I was delighted that Barcelona was beaten and we went top of the table, can't blame me for that, can you?

I wouldn't call that obsessed. In fact, I think this is a psychological phenomena that you are experiencing, partly because we had a rather long debate about Barcelona and Real Madrid. It's quite the same as when you buy a new car, for example, say it's a rarer car than most. Not Toyota Camry, or whatever. Say you buy a Subaru Outback. Once you do, you will see a lot of them on the road. It's quite normal. Though it doesn't mean that there are more of them on the road than before, you're only noticing it because you are in fact looking for it.

If anything, the obsession lays within you - not me.

• History

Hah. That's quite an exaggeration. So far, I have created 9 threads here. Only one of them were about Barcelona, well specifically about Neymar. The other one where I talked about Barcelona was La Liga Week 5, which was not really about Barcelona but about the results of the week 5. I was delighted that Barcelona was beaten and we went top of the table, can't blame me for that, can you?

I wouldn't call that obsessed. In fact, I think this is a psychological phenomena that you are experiencing. It's quite the same as when you buy a new car, for example, say it's a rarer car than most. Not Toyota Camry, or whatever. Say you buy a Subaru Outback. Once you do, you will see a lot of them on the road. It's quite normal. Though it doesn't mean that there are more of them on the road than before, you're only noticing it because you are in fact looking for it.

Hah. That's quite an exaggeration. So far, I have created 9 threads here. Only one of them was about Barcelona, well specifically about Neymar. The other one where I talked about Barcelona was La Liga Week 5, which was not really about Barcelona but about the results of the week 5. I was delighted that Barcelona was beaten and we went top of the table, can't blame me for that, can you?

I wouldn't call that obsessed. In fact, I think this is a psychological phenomena that you are experiencing. It's quite the same as when you buy a new car, for example, say it's a rarer car than most. Not Toyota Camry, or whatever. Say you buy a Subaru Outback. Once you do, you will see a lot of them on the road. It's quite normal. Though it doesn't mean that there are more of them on the road than before, you're only noticing it because you are in fact looking for it.

I wouldn't call that obsessed. In fact, I think this is a psychological phenomena that you are experiencing, partly because we had a rather long debate about Barcelona and Real Madrid. It's quite the same as when you buy a new car, for example, say it's a rarer car than most. Not Toyota Camry, or whatever. Say you buy a Subaru Outback. Once you do, you will see a lot of them on the road. It's quite normal. Though it doesn't mean that there are more of them on the road than before, you're only noticing it because you are in fact looking for it.

If anything, the obsession lays with you - not me.