Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Lionel Messi out 7-8 weeks after injury against Las Palmas
Emrecan_58 9 years ago Edited
Besiktas 149 3375

Lionel Messi suffered a knee injury early in Saturday's La Liga game at home to Las Palmas and will now face seven to eight weeks on the sidelines, according to the club.
What will be the consequences of this injury? We know that Barça havent got a "Barça Level" defence but their Attacking Power was stabilizing that. So What do you think?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Lionel Messi suffered a knee injury early in Saturday's La Liga game at home to Las Palmas and will now face seven to eight weeks on the sidelines, according to the club.
What will be the consequences of this injury. We know that Barça havent got a "Barça Level" defence but their Attacking Power was stabilizing that. So What do you think?

Comments
JozeMourinho 9 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

Wont bother reading after the first 5 lines.
Just another biased RM fan...

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Critics comming from a Madrid fan doesnt sound like comming from another team fan, thats the way it is. You wont see me making a thread celbrating your defeats or scandals for the simple reason that being a Barça fan, it may looks as a simple hating opportunity...
I didnt ask you for a respectful distance, you did and i gave you the conditions of the respect you ask for. I dont really care about Neymar fraud, 90% of the multimillionaires have secret accounts no need to be a genious to know it.

The fact is that if someone else posted the thread ( Barça defeat one ), i wouldnt have participated to it. Im not really annoyed by this, Neymar is far from being nice its not a secret, and the laws are basically made for poor people, in your country for example you go to jail for nothing being at the bottom, at the same time you can rape a black women in a Newyork Sofitel hotel, take expensive lawyers, give her some couple of dollars and end up your month drinking cocktails in Monaco ( aka Strausskahn )...

I dont know if you are a psychanalist or something, i just cant but laugh on someone who ask another fan to not be impressed by a system who dominated for years before getting outplayed only in few games, a system who oblige even mighty teams to park the bus because there is no way to beat it using your usual tactic, of course players are key but the system himself proved his worth for years with different players, even the national Spanish side won succesive trophies with it.
It was annoying in few games because the form and the spaces couldnt lead to the same creativity, but i dont reckon any better orgasmic way of playing than that period even last years one. In the 5-0 clasico defeat you were in the wrong side, if you were watching it from a Barcelonista's perspective the feeling would be different...

I dont mind if you like Barça or not, i know the response and i respect it, but this could turn into a Tennis game, the stronger you hit, the more power you give to rival to hit back again...And you know i guess you tasted it yesterday, Karma is a *****.

That being said, your presence is an addition to this forum, we cant only discuss with people we agree with, it would be more than boring...

• History

Critics comming from a Madrid fan doesnt sound like comming from another team fan, thats the way it is. You wont see me making a thread celbrating your defeats or scandals for the simple reason that being a Barça fan, it may looks as a simple hating opportunity...
I didnt ask you for a respectful distance, you did and i gave you the conditions of the respect you ask for. I dont really care about Neymar fraud, 90% of the multimillionaires have secret accounts no need to be a genious to know it.

The fact is that if someone else posted the thread, i wouldnt have participated to it. Im not really annoyed by this, Neymar is far from being nice its not a secret, and the laws are basically made for poor people, in your country for example you go to jail for nothing being at the bottom, at the same time you can rape a black women in a Newyork Sofitel hotel, take expensive lawyers, give her some couple of dollars and end up your month drinking cocktails in Monaco ( aka Strausskhan )...

I dont know if you are a psychanalist or something, i just cant but laugh on someone who ask another fan to not be impressed by a system who dominated for years before getting outplayed only in few games, a system who oblige even mighty teams to park the bus because there is no way to beat it using your usual tactic, of course players are key but the system himself proved his worth for years with different players, even the national Spanish side won succesive trophies with it.
It was annoying in few games because the form and the spaces couldnt lead to the same creativity, but it dont reckon any better orgasmic way of playing than that period even last years one. In the 5-0 clasico defeat you were in the wrong side, if you were watching it for a Barcelonista's perspective feeling would be different...

I dont mind if you like Barça or not, i know the response and i respect it, but this could turn into a Tennis game, the stronger you hit, the more you give power to rival to hit back again...And you know i guess you tasted it yesterday, Karma is a bitch.

The fact is that if someone else posted the thread ( Barça defeat one ), i wouldnt have participated to it. Im not really annoyed by this, Neymar is far from being nice its not a secret, and the laws are basically made for poor people, in your country for example you go to jail for nothing being at the bottom, at the same time you can rape a black women in a Newyork Sofitel hotel, take expensive lawyers, give her some couple of dollars and end up your month drinking cocktails in Monaco ( aka Strausskhan )...

It was annoying in few games because the form and the spaces couldnt lead to the same creativity, but it dont reckon any better orgasmic way of playing than that period even last years one. In the 5-0 clasico defeat you were in the wrong side, if you were watching it for a Barcelonista's perspective feeling would be different...

I dont mind if you like Barça or not, i know the response and i respect it, but this could turn into a Tennis game, the stronger you hit, the more you give power to rival to hit back again...And you know i guess you tasted it yesterday, Karma is a *****.

The fact is that if someone else posted the thread ( Barça defeat one ), i wouldnt have participated to it. Im not really annoyed by this, Neymar is far from being nice its not a secret, and the laws are basically made for poor people, in your country for example you go to jail for nothing being at the bottom, at the same time you can rape a black women in a Newyork Sofitel hotel, take expensive lawyers, give her some couple of dollars and end up your month drinking cocktails in Monaco ( aka Strausskahn )...

It was annoying in few games because the form and the spaces couldnt lead to the same creativity, but i dont reckon any better orgasmic way of playing than that period even last years one. In the 5-0 clasico defeat you were in the wrong side, if you were watching it for a Barcelonista's perspective the feeling would be different...

I dont mind if you like Barça or not, i know the response and i respect it, but this could turn into a Tennis game, the stronger you hit, the more power you give to rival to hit back again...And you know i guess you tasted it yesterday, Karma is a *****.

It was annoying in few games because the form and the spaces couldnt lead to the same creativity, but i dont reckon any better orgasmic way of playing than that period even last years one. In the 5-0 clasico defeat you were in the wrong side, if you were watching it from a Barcelonista's perspective the feeling would be different...

Wolfie 9 years ago
Inter, Germany 94 1844

^ Looks like you're making a new friend there tiki. ;)

tuan_jinn 9 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Lolz you guys are adorable... love reading your debate... I however must agree with tiki on this one.

I disagree with the ball possession to certain extend. One thing that's true though is you need exceptionally good squad to play that style, but Barca's tiki taka was not just ordinary possession game. I suffered 2 heavy defeats in 2 CL's final which left me speechless.

I was like how the hell do they do that?...

Pep didn't invented that, Johan Cruyft did, he evolved it. It's true that without Messi they wouldn't have been that successful. He literally broke other teams apart when his teammates stuck.

We (MU) also play possession football, and that is boring... Barca's possession football was twice faster, twice more unpredictable, and twice more technical. But we are getting there with Martial and Depay, especially Young is back on top form.

Real has always been a team to beat, their squad is super strong, but they have been quite unlucky with Modric, James and Ramos injury (especially the core engine MODRIC, I have nothing but admiration for that guy). Barca has Messi and Real has Ronaldo. Those 2 will stay up there and kill other teams like animals...

Barca has been dominating Europe in the last 10 years generally in my opinion. They also have bad luck, 2 consecutive years with Messi injured in crucial times, coach had Cancer and bunch of off-field craps.. just like ANY OTHER bad-luck team, but when they pulled themselves together, they won. We can't deny that.

@wolfie Nothing against emrecan thread, its making headlines anyways.

• History

^Nothing against emrecan thread, its making headlines anyways.

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Remove either one of Xavi, Iniesta, or Messi from the old Barca lineup, and the clock stops ticking. They were all equally important to keep the engine roaring in my eyes. As time passed, however, I do agree that Messi's role in the squad exponentially increased to the point where the team would just pass to him and depend on him to create something out of nothing. But that was after Barcelona's peak as a football team.

Lodatz 9 years ago Edited
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Amer30:

"There's just so many things that bother me about Barca. The way they always play the victims, even while serving a punishment for breaking the rules."

+1.

I used to really respect Barcelona, and it's still true that they play technically beautiful football, but so much of it relies upon adding in other factors (such as diving and cheating), that even the times they've won are tarnished by all the things they've gotten away with. I also used to admire the excellence of their academy, but, all the revelations about their shady business dampens that entirely.

And you know what? It wouldn't even be a big deal, if not for the way that the club (and especially so many Barca fans) try to act as though they are this perfect, superior club that never does anything wrong, and is being conspired against.

In short, they've become just like Mourinho, except for not as witty. Now there's some irony. ;)

"It has been years since La Masia produced anything of quality. In fact, aside from the class of Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi.. they've never really been a significant football academy in the World."

I'd give you another +1 if I could. Basically, Barcelona reaped the rewards of Cruyff's work, got a golden generation out of it, and then started buying their talent again when the new faces were nowhere near as good as the old ones. Remember when Gerard Deulofeu was going to be the new Messi?

If so, then why did they have to break their transfer record buying Suarez from a PL side?

The whole idea of Barcelona being a club who grown their own stars is a fiction based upon one single generation.

As for the tiki taka system, I think it's true that it revolutionized the landscape of European football. We can't pretend that Guardiola didn't conquer absolutely everything that was in front of him, and it allowed smaller players to compete with the big athletes again. But, as we've also witnessed, it came and went as a dominant force, with Bayern, Chelsea, Inter and Mourinho's Madrid all able to defeat Barcelona, and Spain getting their asses handed to them by the Netherlands.

Football moved on, and SO DID BARCELONA. They're no longer playing the same system that they did under Guardiola, because it stopped working. With their free-scoring front trio, they're much more like Rijkaard's Barcelona, and his trident of Henry, Ronaldinho and Eto'o.

If tiki taka was so perfect, they wouldn't need to rely upon their front 3 to do all the scoring. Simple fact is, it came, it dominated, and then people learned how to play against it. It deserves to be respected, but it's certainly not the style that is winning world football at the moment.

• History

@Amer30:

"There's just so many things that bother me about Barca. The way they always play the victims, even while serving a punishment for breaking the rules."

+1.

I used to really respect Barcelona, and it's still true that they play technically beautiful football, but so much of it relies upon adding in other factors (such as diving and cheating), that even the times they've won are tarnished by all the things they've gotten away with. I also used to admire the excellence of their academy, but, all the revelations about their shady business dampens that entirely.

And you know what? It wouldn't even be a big deal, if not for the way that the club (and especially so many Barca fans) try to act as though they are this perfect, superior club that never does anything wrong, and is being conspired against.

In short, they've become just like Mourinho, except for not as witty. Now there's some irony.

"It has been years since La Masia produced anything of quality. In fact, aside from the class of Xavi, Iniesta, and Messi.. they've never really been a significant football academy in the World."

I'd give you another +1 if I could. Basically, Barcelona reaped the rewards of Cruyff's work, got a golden generation out of it, and then started buying their talent again when the new faces were nowhere near as good as the old ones. Remember when Gerard Deulofeu was going to be the new Messi?

If so, then why did they have to break their transfer record buying Suarez from a PL side?

The whole idea of Barcelona being a club who grown their own stars is a fiction based upon one single generation.

As for the tiki taka system, I think it's true that it revolutionized the landscape of European football. We can't pretend that Guardiola didn't conquer absolutely everything that was in front of him, and it allowed smaller players to compete with the big athletes again. But, as we've also witnessed, it came and went as a dominant force, with Bayern, Chelsea, Inter and Mourinho's Madrid all able to defeat Barcelona, and Spain getting their asses handed to them by the Netherlands.

Football moved on, and SO DID BARCELONA. They're no longer playing the same system that they did under Guardiola, because it stopped working. With their free-scoring front trio, they're much more like Rijkaard's Barcelona, and his trident of Henry, Ronaldinho and Eto'o.

If tiki taka was so perfect, they wouldn't need to rely upon their front 3 to do all the scoring. Simple fact is, it came, it dominated, and then people learned how to play against it. It deserves to be respected, but it's certainly not the style that is winning world football at the moment.

Amerr30 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Bosnia-Herzegovina 56 616

@JozeMourinho: Why then respond to me at all then? I can't decide if you're a run of the mill troll trying to get under my skin, or just really cannot form an intelligible response. I would prefer the latter but I think we both know that's not the case. And guess what? Everybody here knows you read it.

@Tiki_taka: Perhaps I should've been more specific. I never said we shouldn't discuss or debate any other topics, I just did not want to have exact same discussion again. That from this point is rather boring as we already discussed it. Now if we get to talking about something different, I'm all for it. I've never been one to shy away from a discussion.

As far as the tax fraud is concerned, don't you see yourself making excuses for your team though? I doubt you'd be of the same view point if it had happened with Real Madrid players, particularly Ronaldo and Bale. I would imagine you would say something in the likes of, "how typical, Real Madrid players getting charged with fraud". There's a definite bias there, regardless if what you say is true or not.

The exact same bias is also evident in your view of tiki taka. I can definitely see how you view that football as 'orgasmic' because it is your team that is in full control of the match, holding onto the ball for the majority of the time. Total control. No nerves, no worry. Why wouldn't you enjoy it?

Consider it though from a neutral point of view. Imagine somebody who is not a supporter of either of the teams watching a game where Barcelona holds the ball 70% of the time. Do you think they will enjoy watching that game? Of course not. At least not as they would enjoy watching an open game, the type that teams like Real Madrid, Arsenal or what-have-you play. Open, counter-attacking, direct football. It's just a lot more pleasing to the neutral because a lot more happens during a match. There's opportunities on both sides, chances, close calls, and so on, and so on. Whereas in Barcelonas tiki taka, not much really happens in comparison. You basically have one time bullying the other in possession, waiting and waiting for a mistake or an opening. It is not entertaining. It's simply dull.

The thing is though, the amount of quality that team has had (as well as the Spain team), they could have done so much more. They could have played much more attractive football. They had the ability, and the talent.

Anyway, as far as the psychology is concerned - no. I do not have a psychology or psychiatry degree. I did however take about 6-7 terms of higher psychology courses just for fun in University. I loved it. Had I not been so good with mathematics and enjoyed it as much, psychology would probably have been my major. In every single course of psychology I took, I aced them. So yeah, there is some understanding of psychology but I cannot possibly claim to be an expert. I do enjoy it, so you might occasionally see me incorporate that into my responses.

Amerr30 9 years ago Edited

@Lodatz: Thank you.

Finally, somebody who sees the point I'm trying to make. It's not about the way they play football, they do play some great football. It's the perception of their club, and how the club constantly plays the victim. This of course, playing the victim, seeps into their game as well but I'm not talking about that. I mean, Chelsea does it all the time as well.

The perception that they do not buy players. How the club acts like they're better than all the other clubs, and etc.

And yet, consider this.

Pique comes out and says some stuff that gets a lot of people in Spain to react negatively towards him. His comments regarding Catalunya, while representing Spains National Team.

The following day comes Sergio Ramos and tries to defend him.

And what does Pique do after that?

He says he wishes the worst for Real Madrid.

Yet nobody in the media or World football notices this. Nobody reacts. It's as if nothing happened. I just don't understand it, how they can get away with so much and yet Real Madrid is usually the club that is considered a villain.

• History

@Lodatz: Thank you.

Finally, somebody who sees the point I'm trying to make. It's not about the way they play football, they do play some great football. It's the perception of their club, and how the club constantly plays the victim. This of course (playing the victim), seeps into their game as well but I'm not even talking about that. Chelsea does it as well.

The perception that they do not buy players. How the club acts like they're better than all the other clubs, and etc.

And yet, consider this.

Pique comes out and says some stuff that gets a lot of people in Spain to react negatively towards him. His comments regarding Catalunya, while representing Spains National Team.

The following day comes Sergio Ramos and tries to defend him.

And what does Pique do after that?

He says he wishes the worst for Real Madrid.

Yet nobody in the media or World football notices this. Nobody reacts. It's as if nothing happened. I just don't understand it, how they can get away with so much and yet Real Madrid is usually the club that is considered a villain.

JozeMourinho 9 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@Amerr30
Because you are simply biased like most RM fans nowadays, but okay.

You called Guardiola overrated and called that he got humiliated by Spanish teams.
Both Real madrid and Barcelona won UCL that year.
Heavily dominated the Spanish league and grabbed a bunch of trophies as he is Barcelonas most successful manager with A LOT of European glory.

Your words : Messi definitely is a joy to watch on-field but I don't like him off the field. All the fake humility, and acting all humble in front of the camera is really aggravating.

Are we discussing charity or football? I have only heard that from Real Madrid fans and It is clearly obvious after beeing spanked for so many years Barcelona you look any fucking detail to downgrade anything that includes Barcelona.

About the Pique rant who cares? Only Madrid fans again and why? Because a player that plays for your biggest rival doesnt like your club I mean WOOOOW what a surprise there.

Oh and last part your words again : Even Chelsea and Mourinho are better than them.Mourinho was one of the best thing that happened to your club in the last years, build you a team and Carlo Ancelotti took the UCL with it. I wont even bother how you treated your Legends as club.

Yet again 1 more bandwagon fan that trashtalks everything besides his team.

Oh so, it was the former.

What does have the fact that Real and/or Barcelona dominated their own perspective leagues have anything, anything at all to do with how poorly Guardiola did when he faced them? Even though that comment in itself is inaccurate. Real Madrid hadn't won La Liga. I mean, didn't Bayern also dominate Bundesliga during the times of those embarrassing results? What a ridiculous argument.

How can you be such a simpleton, man? Yeah, let's just compartmentalize all the negative things I say about Barcelona like this. I support Real Madrid, therefore no matter what I say about Barcelona is always going to be wrong. That right there is a logical fallacy.

The fact is, my supporting of Real should have no bearing if the points or ideas I'm putting forward have any weight. If you wish to continue this discussion, I will kindly ask you to discuss the points, and points alone. Not me. If you cannot do that, we have nothing to talk about.

Now, my point about Pique is only to show you how these two clubs and its members act differently. It's like you're incapable of carrying an idea, and looking at things from a different angle. Have you ever seen a Real Madrid player talk that way? That's what I am talking about. It's about the way these two clubs P-R-E-S-E-N-T themselves. One cannot do no wrong no matter how unethically, hypocritically, unlawfully they act - while its rival is the one considered as the villain by both media and the average fan alike.

I'm probably not going to respond to you again if you happen to completely miss what is being talked about.

Were you dropped on your head or something? How can you possibly.. miss so much?

• History

What does have the fact that Real and/or Barcelona dominated their own perspective leagues have anything, anything at all to do with how poorly Guardiola did when he faced them? Even though that comment in itself is inaccurate. Real Madrid hadn't won La Liga. Further, didn't Bayern also dominate Bundesliga during the times of those embarrassing results? What a ridiculous argument.

How can you be such a simpleton, man? Yeah, let's just compartmentalize all the negative things I say about Barcelona like this. I support Real Madrid, therefore no matter what I say about Barcelona is always going to be wrong. That right there is a logical fallacy.

The fact is, my supporting of Real should have no bearing if the points or ideas I'm putting forward have any weight. If you wish to continue this discussion, I will kindly ask you to discuss the points, and points alone. Not me. If you cannot do that, we have nothing to talk about.

Now, my point about Pique is only to show you how these two clubs and its members act differently. It's like you're incapable of carrying an idea, and looking at things from a different angle. Have you ever seen a Real Madrid player talk that way? That's what I am talking about. It's about the way these two clubs P-R-E-S-E-N-T themselves. One cannot do no wrong, while the other even though rarely ever does any wrong is always considered a villain.

I'm probably not going to respond to you again if you happen to completely miss what is being talked about. Were you dropped on your head or something? How can you possibly.. miss so much?

What does have the fact that Real and/or Barcelona dominated their own perspective leagues have anything, anything at all to do with how poorly Guardiola did when he faced them? Even though that comment in itself is inaccurate. Real Madrid hadn't won La Liga. Further, didn't Bayern also dominate Bundesliga during the times of those embarrassing results? What a ridiculous argument.

Now, my point about Pique is only to show you how these two clubs and its members act differently. It's like you're incapable of carrying an idea, and looking at things from a different angle. Have you ever seen a Real Madrid player talk that way? That's what I am talking about. It's about the way these two clubs P-R-E-S-E-N-T themselves. One cannot do no wrong no matter how unethically, hypocritically, unlawfully act - while its rival is the one considered as the villain by both media and the average fan alike.

I'm probably not going to respond to you again if you happen to completely miss what is being talked about.

Were you dropped on your head or something? How can you possibly.. miss so much?

What does have the fact that Real and/or Barcelona dominated their own perspective leagues have anything, anything at all to do with how poorly Guardiola did when he faced them? Even though that comment in itself is inaccurate. Real Madrid hadn't won La Liga. I mean, didn't Bayern also dominate Bundesliga during the times of those embarrassing results? What a ridiculous argument.

Now, my point about Pique is only to show you how these two clubs and its members act differently. It's like you're incapable of carrying an idea, and looking at things from a different angle. Have you ever seen a Real Madrid player talk that way? That's what I am talking about. It's about the way these two clubs P-R-E-S-E-N-T themselves. One cannot do no wrong no matter how unethically, hypocritically, unlawfully act - while its rival is the one considered as the villain by both media and the average fan alike.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

"We've talked about this once before and it only ended up with you
bringing up Franco. Each time I proposed a counter to your argument,
you slithered away and started talking about something else. I would
rather not to do that again, it's pointless." - Yes, that's happens A LOT with that guy.

"You seem obsessed about Barça, focus on your team and there will be no problems" - Says the guy who's in love with Chelsea.

anyways, back to the topic.. What's the deal? Why are so many Barcelona players committing tax fraud? and this whole story of when Barca bought Neymar as well..

^ Yeah, I'm retiring from this thread, too. This has gone a bit too far. I was making a simple point and gave my opinion. I should have probably left it at that. But you know, people call you out and you want to respond. My sincere apologies.

Back to topic it is.

• History

^ Yeah, I'm retiring from this thread, too. This has gone a bit too far. I was making a simple point and gave my opinion. I should probably leave it at that.

Back to topic it is.

"Yes, that's happens A LOT with that guy."

+100

Messi is always missed. A mark of just how important, and peerless he truly is, even with the talent surrounding him. We'll see how this pans out, but it might not be too scary for Barcelona fans. Last time they were without Messi they did not have Neymar and Suarez...

• History

"Yes, that's happens A LOT with that guy."

+100

Messi is always missed. A mark of just how important, and peerless he truly is, even with the talent surrounding him. We'll see how this pans out, but it might not be too scary for Barcelona fans. Last time they were without Messi they did not have Neymar and Suarez...

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Hi lodatz, i was hoping you appears i was wondering if Messi's injury would make you come back. Anyway, you are here now.

Btw there is a question i wanted to ask you since the start of the seaon : how did you find Pedro ? Remember the time when you said that he was overrated, could only perform at Barça ? Not PL material ?

Whats your point about it now ? Now that he moved to PL and wore an English shirt would he turned from nobody to world class ? Do you remember how many times we've talked about that kind of players and how they would miserably fail against supposedly more physical players ?

"i was wondering if Messi's injury would make you come back. "

Because I totally base my life around whether or not FC Barcelona have a fit Lionel Messi.

"Remember the time when you said that he was overrated, could only perform at Barça ? Not PL material ?"

I recall saying those things of Busquets. Of Pedro I said he is not world class, and yes, probably overrated by Barcelona/Spanish fans. That's probably why he only went for 20m instead of the much larger numbers for players like Ozil, Di Maria and Sanchez.

He's still not world class.

"Do you remember how many times we've talked about that kind of players and how they would miserably fail against supposedly more physical players ?"

No. I do recall saying on many occasions that they would be less prolific, however. Since you follow La Liga more than I do: how is Iago Aspas doing now that he's back in Spain? A shame he never managed to make it work at Liverpool.

Why are you asking? Do you believe Pedro is going to prove me wrong?

Also, since this is the topic of the thread: how do YOU feel about Messi's injury?

• History

Because I totally base my life around whether or not FC Barcelona have a fit Lionel Messi.

"Remember the time when you said that he was overrated, could only perform at Barça ? Not PL material ?"

I recall saying those things of Busquets. Of Pedro I said he is not world class, and yes, probably overrated by Barcelona/Spanish fans. That's probably why he only went for 20m instead of the much larger numbers for players like Ozil, Di Maria and Sanchez.

"Do you remember how many times we've talked about that kind of players and how they would miserably fail against supposedly more physical players ?"

No. I do recall saying on many occasions that they would be less prolific, however. How is Iago Aspas doing now that he's back in La Liga? A shame he never managed to make it work at Liverpool.

No. I do recall saying on many occasions that they would be less prolific, however. How is Iago Aspas doing now that he's back in La Liga? A shame he never managed to make it work at Liverpool.

Also, since this is the topic of the thread: how do YOU feel about Messi's injury?

decentK 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal 38 2896

Lodatz is back, bring the heat!

Topic is Messi's injury, but I might aswell jump to the 3rd or 4th or 5th or whatever topic - which is Barca's style of play.

I think it was Dynastian, who said that at times there were moments when Barca actually produced absolutely nothing then Messi stepped up & changed the game. I agree with that.

Amerr said smthing about 70% ball possession without any "intent" to score, agree with that also. I'm a big fan of ball possession & totally neutral in La Liga (altho all my friends are RMA fans) and at times I totally got bored of the game. On the other hand there has been some spectacular team goals from Barca over the years, which are simply special.

Amerr also said something about Arsenal's & Real Madrid's play, I agree with that too. AGGRESSIVE, FAST PACED, PASSING, FLAIR, CREATIVE, RISKY, TEAM FOOTBALL is the best football you can play for my eyes. At times though, Arsenal play really slow possessing football without any desire, I HATE THAT. Actually even Chelsea had some glimpses of beautiful football in the start of last season with Cesc & Hazard being in keyrole.

If anyone has time, I highly recommend to watch just 1 of these videos.

• History

Topic is Messi's injury, but I might aswell jump to the 3rd or 4th or 5th or whatever topic - which is Barca's style of play.

I think it was Dynastian, who said that at times there were moments when Barca actually produced absolutely nothing and that's when Messi stepped up & changed the game. I agree with that.

Also amerr said smthing about 70% ball possession without any "intent" to score, agree with that also. I'm a big fan of ball possession & totally neutral in La Liga (altho all my friends are RMA fans) and at times I totally got bored of the game. On the other hand there has been some spectacular team goals from Barca over the years, which are simply special.

Amerr said something about Arsenal's & Real Madrid's play, I agree with that too. AGGRESSIVE, FAST PACED, PASSING, FLAIR, CREATIVE, RISKY, TEAM FOOTBALL is the best football you can play for my eyes. At times though, Arsenal play really slow possessing football without any desire, I HATE THAT. Actually even Chelsea had some glimpses of beautiful football in the start of last season with Cesc & Hazard being in keyrole.

I think it was Dynastian, who said that at times there were moments when Barca actually produced absolutely nothing then Messi stepped up & changed the game. I agree with that.

Also amerr said smthing about 70% ball possession without any "intent" to score, agree with that also. I'm a big fan of ball possession & totally neutral in La Liga (altho all my friends are RMA fans) and at times I totally got bored of the game. On the other hand there has been some spectacular team goals from Barca over the years, which are simply special.

Amerr said something about Arsenal's & Real Madrid's play, I agree with that too. AGGRESSIVE, FAST PACED, PASSING, FLAIR, CREATIVE, RISKY, TEAM FOOTBALL is the best football you can play for my eyes. At times though, Arsenal play really slow possessing football without any desire, I HATE THAT. Actually even Chelsea had some glimpses of beautiful football in the start of last season with Cesc & Hazard being in keyrole.

chelsea8 9 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

@ tiki to be honest pedro has been crap.

This is why Mourinho played him as a starter since the first game he arrived, paying 30M euros for a bench player who played one game out of 10, he must be very crap then or Mourinho is such a stupid coach to believe in him. this is why the world class Willian should play instead of him the guy who has 1 shot out of 10 on target is clearly better in your opinion i guess...
Barça anyway doesnt get value from their players, Ibra was sold 24M, Deulofeu 6M Alexis is the only one to reach 40m with bonuses but then Arsenal was really determinated to get him after the amazing world cup he had.

See the price tag argument is irrelevant like most of your arguments i would say.

Some people can only try to hit when they think someone is down, or when they are not alone...
Im not really surprised by your sudden presence, its not the first time anyway, nor for KTTFBH sudden participation.

And Barça doesnt need buthurt fans recognition, they will never get it even if they win the treble, oh wait they did it twice in 5 years, just keep your recognition, never be a Barça/Madrid hater, you will suffer each time you watch them play. You already do right ?
La masia doesnt need recognition from some PL fans ( not all but the supremacist ones ), more than 30 masia players are being starters on that league, if English clubs were doing the job instead of buying, Masia wont be needed...
You want me to list them ? dont oblige me to waste 5 minutes for that.

Anyway, nice to see you again, keep being active here and make threads here that would be nice if you stay.

@Amer
We can stay respectful when the respect is mutual, its really easy to do what you are doing the opposite way and it leads nowhere,...
Joze Mourinho spot on for me, take it as you like, what you' re doing lately is just how he described it. and i really dont care how you see Barça players off the field, i dont share with you how i see Pepe or Ramos or Ronaldo... Thats completely irrelevant if we talk football. No one obliges you to love Piqué or Neymar or even Messi anyway.

• History

This is why Mourinho played him as a starter since the first game he arrived, paying 30M euros for a bench player who played one game out of 10, he must be very crap then or Mourinho is such a stupid coach to believe in him. this is why the world class Willian should play instead of him the guy who has 1 shot out of 10 on target is clearly better in your opinion i guess...
Barça anyway doesnt get value from their players, Ibra was sold 24M, Deulofeu 6M Alexis is the only one to reach 40m with bonuses but then Arsenal was really determinated to get him after the amazing world cup he had.

See the price tag argument is irrelevant like most of your arguments i would say.

Some people can only try to hit when they think someone is down, or when they are not alone...
Im not really surprised by your sudden presence, its not the first time anyway, nor for KTTFBH sudden participation.

Anyway, nice to see you again, keep being active here and make threads here that would be nice if you stay.

And Barça doesnt need buthurt fans recognition, they will never get even if they win the treble, oh wait they did it twice in 5 years, just keep your recognition, never be a Barça/Madrid hater, you will suffer each time you watch them play.

And Barça doesnt need buthurt fans recognition, they will never get even if they win the treble, oh wait they did it twice in 5 years, just keep your recognition, never be a Barça/Madrid hater, you will suffer each time you watch them play.
La masia doesnt need recognition from PL fans, more than 30 masia players are being starters on that league, if English clubs were doing the job instead of buying, Masia wont be needed...

And Barça doesnt need buthurt fans recognition, they will never get even if they win the treble, oh wait they did it twice in 5 years, just keep your recognition, never be a Barça/Madrid hater, you will suffer each time you watch them play. You already do right ?
La masia doesnt need recognition from some PL fans ( not all but the supremacist ones ), more than 30 masia players are being starters on that league, if English clubs were doing the job instead of buying, Masia wont be needed...
You want me to list them ? dont oblige me to waste 5 minutes for that.