Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

John Stones has handed in a transfer request
AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

*DISCLAIMER: This picture is about as genuine as a Manchester United fan claiming they didn't want Pedro.

What do you think of Stone's request to leave Goodison?

I would love to have this backline since we are struggling defensively lately.

Azpi - Zouma - Stones - Baba
or
Azpi - Zouma - Varane - Baba

I wouldn't mind both of them, That's a very rock solid backline. Ivanovic has been very poor, Terry is getting old and can't play the 90 mins, Cahill is a good defender but sometimes he makes a terrible errors.

Which is better Stones or Varane? Would we be able to sign Varane?

Everton are being stubborn and would only let him go for 40 millions which is a lot for a defender. The last defender was around that price tag was Sir. Alex's signing of Rio Ferdinand.

What do you guys think?

Comments
AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

"Chelsea are expected to submit a new bid of £33million to finally try and sign John Stones after the Everton defender submitted a formal transfer request. Although Everton insist that Stones is not for sale there is a growing expectation that if the Premier League champions were to then increase their offer further to £35million - which they may be prepared to do - they might finally sign the 21-year-old." Source: Telegraph

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

I get that he wants to move to a "big" club, but I honestly don't see how not starting and playing a full 90 every week (which he certainly won't get at Chelsea) will make him a better player. Imo he should stay at Everton and make the move next year.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@SunFlash With Ivanovic, Terry and Cahill's performance He will be granted a big chance to be a starter at the moment. And he might as well become a legend later and follow his idol's footsteps John Terry. I think it's a very big opportunity for Stones to play in the CL, a dream to ever footballer. He is still 21 years old and still needs to learn a lot, but he is already a good defender at this age.

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

40 mil is a lot. But he has tremendous potential and looks like a natural successor to JT.

Gennady 9 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Going to waste his talent on chelsea's bench...shame ...

SunFlash 9 years ago
USA 19 3260

If you were to sign Stones now, wouldn't Zouma still be ahead of him to start? And while I can see sitting Terry or Cahill, I can't see them both sitting at once, you need some veteran in your backline. Assuming all this happened, Stones still wouldn't be getting 90 mins every week, which he is at Everton now.

Who knows.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Terry and Cahill are made for eachother! They aren't as good when paired with someone else! Zouma and Stones would be good! Thus, Stones would certainly not waste his talent on the Chelsea Bench.

Still, I gotta say that I prefer Terry and Cahill over anyone else.

Eden17Hazard17 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC 157 4232

Some of you guys are blind. Yes, Stones may not start for us every single game, but his progress won't be solely based on game time. Look at Kurt for example, he hasn't started consistently since we signed him but he gets to work with John Terry - one of the best central defenders in the world over the last 10 years - which has helped him develop as a player. In terms of progress, I would say that he's made the most progress over the last year even though many other players have had more game time.

Football isn't just about the games. Yes, Stones may sit on the bench for a lot of games but the hours and hours of mentoring Terry will give to Stones at Cobham will significantly help him progress.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Some of you guys are blind. Yes, Stones may not start for us every single game, but his progress won't se solely based on game time. Look at Kurt for example, he hasn't started consistently since we signed him but he gets to work with John Terry - one of the best central defenders in the world over the last 10 years - which has helped him develop as a player. In terms of progress, I would say that he's made the most progress over the last year even though many other players have had more game time.

Football isn't just about the games. Yes, Stones may sit on the bench for a lot of games but the hours and hours of mentoring Terry will give to Stones at Cobham will significantly help him progress.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

If we sign Stones he'll prob start at least 50% of the games and next year pretty much all of them.

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

40m is just mad. FINAL!

bluezz 9 years ago
Chelsea 14 724

40 m is too much and he'll never be our John terry, it's a fact :l and "waste his talent at chelsea" lol these guys.....

Gennady 9 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

@Eden17Hazard17 Well you could have said the same thing about Cuadrado as well, no? He spent time training with few of the best midfielders in football like Hazard and Fabregas and look what happened? Same goes to Torres, he spend time training with one of the best striker, Drogba, did anything happen ? no. Marko Marin, that guy had huge talent, until he joined Chelsea...not to mention Shevchenko who did not play under Mourinho at all and went from hero to zero in a matter of few month. And there are many more players who went to Chelsea and ruined their careers. I'm afraid same will happen to Stones, but hey, this is just my opinion :)

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

"There is nothing to comment on that. Once more, it is always the same question and always the same answer. The only thing that matters now is the game we have in front of us. There is nothing to announce or discuss."

"I know it is your job to keep asking the same question and unfortunately it is my job in this case to always give you the same answer."** -Roberto Martinez; source: BT Sport

#FreeJohnStones**

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

@Gennady and how many players have gone to United to have their careers ruined then? Best player for the team plays. As simple as that.

And no, it won't happen to Stones if he comes to Chelsea. Wanna bet?

liomessi10 9 years ago

It's funny how he said "PS if Ed Woodward calls, tell him I want to stay at Goodison."

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@liomessi You probably didn't read the disclaimer about that photo.. =)

liomessi10 9 years ago

i didn't know what a disclaimer meant.

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

What part of "You'll never get Varane" don't you understand Alex? :)

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

@liomessi10 That's not his real transfer request, buddy! Just a note from a Chelsea fan made as a joke :)

"Yours unfaithfully, John Stones" haha

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

I dont hide my complete ignorance of the player we're talking about, never watched him play until the second half vs City because i was betting on City victory ( Thanks Kolarov ), so defender or not if he is good enough and could be the next Terry then Chelsea should not try to bargain and sign him.

Abdennour is available for less than 25M, and he is already finished and ready for CL games, but if they want an English guy for marketting, identity and performences... The English teenage in question needs to be reliable.

Cant really help here...