Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

John Stones has handed in a transfer request
AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

*DISCLAIMER: This picture is about as genuine as a Manchester United fan claiming they didn't want Pedro.

What do you think of Stone's request to leave Goodison?

I would love to have this backline since we are struggling defensively lately.

Azpi - Zouma - Stones - Baba
or
Azpi - Zouma - Varane - Baba

I wouldn't mind both of them, That's a very rock solid backline. Ivanovic has been very poor, Terry is getting old and can't play the 90 mins, Cahill is a good defender but sometimes he makes a terrible errors.

Which is better Stones or Varane? Would we be able to sign Varane?

Everton are being stubborn and would only let him go for 40 millions which is a lot for a defender. The last defender was around that price tag was Sir. Alex's signing of Rio Ferdinand.

What do you guys think?

Comments
quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

"What do you think of Stone's request to leave Goodison?"

Not smart but, on the other side would you say no if Chelsea called you?

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

^yes

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

@liomessi You are lying. Stones would be fortunate if Clubs such as Chelsea, Manchester United, Arsenal, City or even Everton's rival Liverpool call for him. Luke Shaw is a die hard Chelsea fan, but since Chelsea didn't call for him, he signed for United who were interested in him. It's an opportunity that won't happen again. Why not take it?

tiki_taka 9 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Yeah but its not a reason to pushfor an exit, i respect players who give their opinion and stay faithfull to their current team, at least Everton will make a benefit for him if he ever leaves...
If he refused to play, the price tage would have been lower. Credit to the guy to respect his current team.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Lol. Meanwhile Barnsley fans singing

"Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho, Jose Mourinho..."
and
"Let stonesy goooo let stonesy goooooo he wants to quit b'cause you're fking sht so let stonesy goooooo" during Barnsley vs Everton match in The Capital Cup One.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Manchester United are considering offering Phil Jones to Everton + Cash to sign John Stones.

Marcus2011 9 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Well if United are trying to sign John Stones then we are defintely getting him . Excited !

And United fans talking about waste really ??! Lol seriously // guys you never stop to amaze me / Yet again you quick to forget but quick to throw ridiculous statements / I am not going to pull down a list of players who were wasted at United ... and defend Chelsea but I will just say this

" people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones "

liomessi10 9 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 222 3053

@alex no i'm not. i just don't like "chelsea much. they're causing trouble for barcelona and getting pogba."

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Interesting though , no one is calling John Stones greedy player or traitor ... Raheem Sterling got so much crap from fans ... it was beyond believe ...

JuanMata10 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

If we don't get him this year, he'll surely go to United (same with Pogba and Barcelona) where he'd even be a guaranteed starter. The fact that we're in the position of the desperate ones combined with his English nationality, pressures us into overpaying for him. There are obviously some better short term value-for-money options, but with John Stones we may have the best English center back for the next ten years.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

If we don't get him this year, he'll surely go to United (same with Pogba and Barcelona) where he'd even be a guaranteed starter. The fact that we're in the position of the desperate ones combined with his English nationality, we're obliged to overpay for him. There are obviously some better short term value-for-money options, but with John Stones we may have the best English center back for the next ten years.

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Martinez has the lost the plot ... he plans to reject his transfer request ...

This c8nt , probably was the one who constantly whispered crap to Lukaku thus luring him to Everton , and we did not say oppose it , now is acting like a byatch .

One thing I don't understand , what is he think Everton going to become top club in EPL ? Please mate , that ship has sailed back before EPL was established in 90s ... unless someone invests heavily and even then it will be very difficult to break into top 6 clubs ...

Man I promise if Stones stays , he will be at the Everton longer than Martinez , because this manager will sail out this year . Mark my words ! They will sooo fire his as8 , he has one of the worst records of all Everton managers .

TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@Marcus, take a chill pill and calm down. He can say no if he wants to and your club can't do jack about it. Everton are incredibly out of depth in defense. Why would he give away Stones with 5 days left in the transfer window? It would be stupid for Everton to let him leave if they can't bring anyone else in beforehand. And they paid a hefty sum for Lukaku so I don't know what you're on about. And Chelsea, just like Everton, was a high-mid level (just outside top 4) team before your sugar daddy Abramovic bought the club. SMH. Oh the hypocrisy...

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

On the other hand, United before 1990..
Edited..

TheGame 9 years ago

@Alex, care to elaborate?

Marcus2011 9 years ago

Yeah , He can say no if he wants but there is such thing called ethics in business . Business ethics . Well according to those ethics he is being c8nt .

Price of Lukaku was nothing hefty , it was a very reasonable price for a player who kept them in mid table . Player who loved our club but suddenly after returning from Everton decided otherwise . I am 100% sure it was Martinez because he constantly made comments about him and messed with his mind during his spell at Everton , but cried a river when we made comments about Stones . and be honest , do you think 34 mil is a reasonable price for 20 years old player ?

Yes , we were mid table club and that is why indicated unless they get INVESTOR . do you think they will break top 4 without having investor ? I highly , very highly doubt it ! Especially with manager like Martinez .

and game you are on this topic suddenly because United wants him too . lol you guys will act like you don't need him but you just desperate to have him . And I assume anything is upgrade eh ?

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

No. Sorry mate, ask Liverpool fans. They will tell you about the sugar daddy and your club.

TheGame 9 years ago Edited

@Marcus, 34 mil is of course unreasonable. Hell, I would say 25 mil is unreasonable. However, if they lose Stones, they WILL lose points this season and that is a risk they can't take. Everton paid 35 million Euros for Lukaku. That is a hefty sum for a club like them, especially since Chelsea netted nearly a 40% profit. And we don't need Stones FFS. Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Jones, Evans, McNair, Blackett. We have enough mediocre CBs. Stones wouldn't be an upgrade IMO. Not at his age. He is still a raw talent and I see him make mistakes in the box. I would frankly be happy if he went to Chelsea and succeeded JT. However, keep in mind that JT was a rare talent and very few have the capability of emulating his leadership. Even Cahill needed several years at Bolton to hone his talent and become as good as he is now. Stones needs games. That's the only way he'll get better in the PL. Neither Chelsea nor United will provide him with that.

• History

@Marcus, 34 mil is of course unreasonable. Hell, I would say 25 mil is unreasonable. However, if they lose Stones, they WILL lose points this season and that is a risk they can't take. Everton paid 35 million Euros for Lukaku. That is a hefty sum, especially since Chelsea netted nearly a 40% profit. And we don't need Stones FFS. Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Jones, Evans, McNair, Blackett. We have enough mediocre CBs. Stones wouldn't be an upgrade IMO. Not at his age. He is still a raw talent and I see him make mistakes in the box. I would frankly be happy if he went to Chelsea and succeeded JT. However, keep in mind that JT was a rare talent and very few have the capability of emulating his leadership. Even Cahill needed several years at Bolton to hone his talent and become as good as he is now. Stones needs games. That't the only way he'll get better in the PL. Neither Chelsea nor United will provide him with that.

@Marcus, 34 mil is of course unreasonable. Hell, I would say 25 mil is unreasonable. However, if they lose Stones, they WILL lose points this season and that is a risk they can't take. Everton paid 35 million Euros for Lukaku. That is a hefty sum for a club like them, especially since Chelsea netted nearly a 40% profit. And we don't need Stones FFS. Smalling, Blind, Rojo, Jones, Evans, McNair, Blackett. We have enough mediocre CBs. Stones wouldn't be an upgrade IMO. Not at his age. He is still a raw talent and I see him make mistakes in the box. I would frankly be happy if he went to Chelsea and succeeded JT. However, keep in mind that JT was a rare talent and very few have the capability of emulating his leadership. Even Cahill needed several years at Bolton to hone his talent and become as good as he is now. Stones needs games. That't the only way he'll get better in the PL. Neither Chelsea nor United will provide him with that.

TheGame 9 years ago

@Alex, well in that case before the Glazers I think we only won 15 first division titles, 11 FA Cups, 2 European Cups and numerous others including the Treble winning season unmatched by any other English team. We were absolutely shi** before the Glazers LOL.

AlexBatak 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

Sorry I edited my comment. United has always been a big spender, therefore success. Before the Premier League they were just a mid-table team most of the years. Thanks to Sir. Alex and the Money he has spent to rescue the club before it's too late while not many clubs could barely afford wages let alone signing a new player.. With that being said, the club got more trophies after Sir. Alex's arrival and many foreign fans started supporting United.

Also please let's stay on topic..

• History

Sorry I edited my comment. United has always been a big spender, therefore success. Before the Premier League they were just a mid-table team most of the years. Thanks to Sir. Alex and the Money he has spent to rescue the club before it's too late while not many clubs could barely afford wages let alone signing a new player.. With that being said, the club got more trophies after Sir. Alex's arrival and many foreign fans started supporting United.

TheGame 9 years ago

I agree with you. United were big spenders but not to the extent of the teams today if you want to compare them relatively. Anyhow, I think SAF's presence made a bigger difference like you said. And I believe I was on topic until you brought up United/Glazers.