Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

I have never rated pep... Polls
Messi3457 7 years ago
2 12

This thread might piss some people but that's what I believe. He's a good one but no where near the level he is rated. One of the most overrated coach.

Comments
Greatone 5 years ago
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

this whole damned thread is subjective. stop thinking that only your own thoughts are "FACT".

basically it just comes down to what YOU believe to be important for someone to prove that they are a great manager. Some people value results, some, style, some people even value the underdog manager for example tony pulis who manages shit teams but does well in them - can you say the great managers can do the same? its all subjective.

facts are; pep's teams have won lots and play with swagger - also, a lot of money has been spent to get the players he wants who he believes he can play his style (not many managers get to work with their target players)... sooo he does well with what hes got.

in reality (on average) (according to soccernomics - a great read into football) there are two things relevant here:
a)managers on average affect team's success by up to 5%
b)the thing that most affects and correlates with success in football is player wages.

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

manager with unlimited resources playing fifa in real life, without any restrictions.

pretends to act surprised when he wins...

Marcus2011 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@dynastian

You forget that shameful red card against Van Persie in Arsenal match in quarter final. It was the biggest bull sht and the Barcelona just rolled on against Arsenal who were in momentum to get into the game before the red.

So many referee decision coincidences don't happen out of the blue in crucial moments. These aren't just hard decisions, but obvious ones and regular ones in the league. Even in 2012 against Chelsea, Fabregas makes obvious dive and they get penalty, which Messi missed thankfully. Come on, give a break win something without controversy.

Always, controversial campaigns under Pep with Barcelona. I guess Catalan club has some big influence in UEFA, unlike City who are hated in UEFA. Nonetheless, I would be happy if English team wins, but lets make it clean and especially with City's squad they should be walking into the final like they belong there.

Also @tiki when Chelsea had 95 points season we steam rolled over top teams in CL and Liverpool went past us because of stupid ghost goal and controversial decision. Nonetheless, we lost to Champions of CL in a tight game. This is how record breaking team of EPL is expected to play in CL. Not loosing to Basel and getting schooled by Klopp's Liverpool. It wasn't luck that Pep missed that game, but simply being outsmarted by Klopp who had a weaker team.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@dynastian

You forget that shameful red card against Van Persie in Arsenal match in quarter final. It was the biggest bull sht and the Barcelona just rolled on against Arsenal who were in momentum to get into the game before the red.

So many referee decision coincidences don't happen out of the blue in crucial moments. These aren't just hard decisions, but obvious ones and regular ones in the league. Even in 2012 against Chelsea, Fabregas makes obvious dive and they get penalty, which Messi missed thankfully. Come on, give a break win something without controversy.

Always, controversial campaigns under Pep with Barcelona. I guess Catalan club has some big influence in UEFA, unlike City who are hated in UEFA. Nonetheless, I would be happy if English team wins, but lets make it clean and especially with City's squad they should be walking into the final like the belong there.

Also @tiki when Chelsea had 95 points season we steam rolled over top teams in CL and Liverpool went past us because of stupid ghost goal and controversial decision. Nonetheless, we lost to Champions of CL in a tight game. This is how record breaking team of EPL is expected to play in CL. Not loosing to Basel and getting schooled by Klopp's Liverpool. It wasn't luck that Pep missed that game, but simply being outsmarted by Klopp who had a weaker team.

the_bald_genius 5 years ago Edited
10 1583

In my opinion, pep is not overrated especially during his stint at barcelona. he takes an underperforming riikjard team and takes it to another level and assemble the most attacking team in europe. the problem is that people have too high of standard of him as if UCL is just a cup of espresso (easily obtainable). I admit his time at bayern was not really impressive but have to say bayern got beaten by greater real madrid and barcelona team at their peak moments.

I can't complain man city's and PSG's spendings because real madrid have done the same investment years ago.

bale, isco, ronaldo, kaka, modric, alonso, khedira, kroos, benzema, ozil and etc, you name it. Spendings made way back when pellegrini is almost done and replaced by mourinho, just to be champions finally in 13/14 season with ancelotti.

with that being said, so why is it a problem if pep spends on many full backs, kdb, bernardo, mahrez, jesus, sane?
I would just put my hype away and just watch. if it takes real madrid 3 seasons more after spending a hell lot of money, so why would you expect city to accomplish the same in 1 season after? the objective for pep is to create a dynasty AKA back to back league titles and off course the ucl. so off course, he needs the squad to play his tactics. even he said it himself, "I am a manager but the most important thing is the player, and the way they execute it."

even teams like liverpool have to go lots of development with underperforming finish when klopp first started. they spend a lot too, but have to say they spend smartly. all that is done from 2015, only to be beaten in a final by a stronger real madrid team last season. but what can you say? you can't say a manager like klopp is overrated just because he lost a big match and never won anything. the bigger picture is the progression from 2015.

Do I like that money is associated with football quality? No, but there is nothing we can do in the world football today. facts are champions today are well fed and invested team. if you want to play game of KROENKE, then europa is the level.

• History

In my opinion, pep is not overrated especially during his stint at barcelona. he takes an underperforming riikjard team and takes it to another level and assemble the most attacking team in europe. the problem is that people have too high of standard of him as if UCL is just a cup of espresso (easily obtainable). I admit his time at bayern was not really impressive but have to say bayern got beaten by greater real madrid and barcelona team at their peak moments.

I can't complain man city's and PSG's spendings because real madrid have done the same investment years ago.

bale, isco, ronaldo, kaka, modric, alonso, khedira, kroos, benzema, ozil and etc, you name it. Spendings made way back when pellegrini is almost done and replaced by mourinho, just to be champions finally in 13/14 season with ancelotti.

with that being said, so why is it a problem if pep spends on many full backs, kdb, bernardo, mahrez, jesus, sane?
I would just put my hype away and just watch. if it takes real madrid 3 seasons more after spending a hell lot of money,
so why would you expect city to accomplish the same in 1 season after? the objective for pep is too create a dynasty AKA back to back league titles and off course the ucl. so off course, he needs the squad to play his tactics. even he said it himself, "I am a manager but the most important thing is the player, and the way they execute it."

even teams like liverpool have to go lots of development with underperforming finish when klopp first started. they spend a lot too, but have to say they spend smartly. all that is done from 2015, only to be beaten in a final by a stronger real madrid team last season. but what can you say? you can't say a manager like klopp is overrated just because he lost a big match and never won anything. the bigger picture is the progression from 2015.

Do I like that money is associated with football quality? No, but there is nothing we can do in the world football today. facts are champions today are well fed and invested team. if you want to play game of KROENKE, then europa is the level.

VivekUnited 7 months ago
Manchester United, England 0 5

Guardiola is definitely NOT over rated lol

Footy_watch 7 months ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1860

Guardiola is definitely NOT over rated lol

He's the best manager ever now.

Morales7 7 months ago
Ludogorets Razgrad, Bulgaria 0 4

I don't even understand how this is a topic worth commenting on. Every real football fan is aware of who Pep Guardiola is, what his successes are, and how he achieves them. Who has heard of the great players he has helped to reach their full potential, the passion he has for the game, and the attitude and professionalism he shows towards his clubs and his players. Pep is a beast.

Emobot7 7 months ago
538 11432

For sure, this thread did not age well. Some will argue Pep need lots of ressource to achieve anything but when you see how poorly some teams with similar ressource have done in recent time, it really help realize what kind of environement Pep managed to create at City. If it wasn't clear enough, yes, I believe that Pep is a amazing manager and that people has taken CL too much into account when rating him in the past. Well now he has won it at City, so its really hard to complain I guess.

adamstarckk 7 months ago Edited
0 1

Didn't he also knew he would be playing with Sterling 6 months before he actually took charge? When Pellegrini was still a manager?

teatv
download apk

• History

Didn't he also knew he would be playing with Sterling 6 months before he actually took charge? When Pellegrini was still a manager?