Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

I have never rated pep... Polls
Messi3457 7 years ago
2 12

This thread might piss some people but that's what I believe. He's a good one but no where near the level he is rated. One of the most overrated coach.

Comments
Marcus2011 6 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tiki Seriously these are the arguments are made against other managers specifically on Mourinho, specifically were made by you mate.

@the rest

Guys, the sum hasn't changed 4 years ago or now. It is the same sum. Failing to get the bargain for your money is different matter. However, I don't think City was robbed even though prices were inflated because Pep has acquired plenty of world class players and others are high quality professionals that are doing just fine.

Unfortunately, our manager right now is under pressure from media who has barely spent anything but still fighting for the title. Double standards at best so we should have some standards. Some Merit at least. Ask your self if you play FIFA manager mode how often it is just nice to spend chunk of money on quality players to build a club with superb depth and feel like a total FCKING boss in the league?
Yeah, Pep is playing ultimate real life FIFA with immense transfer budget only restricted by UEFA regulations ( to some extent).

His total career at City will amount to if not top 1b!! Holly shit mate!! You want to call him a genius? I won't go into tactics because that is tiring long discussion, i am only highlighting main factor. I am not saying that the man is not a world class manager but he is certainly not what media and you are portraying him to be.

rayrex7 6 years ago
Real Madrid, Croatia 26 797

Spending 200mil today is not the same as spending 200mil 10 years ago, hell even 4 years ago.

People change as well.. When Real Madrid or Chelsea spend a lot, literally everyone goes crazy and just complain about Perez and Russian Money. Pep has a huge fanbase I assume.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@rayrex Tbf, its not that we don't agree he did spend, its just that he didn't really end up buying that many high profile player. Wouldn't you say a team who buy 1 world class player for less than a team who buyed 3 talented european prospect still made a more extravagant signing for exemple?

tuan_jinn 6 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@macus: I dont call him a genius, I simply said he is not overrated.

I hate MC, note that. But I do envy them now because of their result, and because of the way they play. I miss the time that everytime Man United played, we had sooooooooo many occasion to cheer for, had the feeling that our opponents were scared of us.

Man City has that now, thanks to Pep, with all the money they had in the last 8 years, they have been another power house, but never ever they have had this fear factor, the awesome style of football.

Back to Pep, he has his team identity everywhere he goes, his team plays to his philosophy (well having a great squad is big plus). Give him the credit he deserves

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@macus: I dont call him a genius, I simply said he is not overrated.

I hate MC, note that. But I do envy them now because of their result, and because of the way they play. I miss the time that everytime Man United play, we have so many occasion to cheer for, to have the feeling that our opponents were scared of us.

Man City has that now, thanks to Pep, with all the money they had in the last 8 years, they have been another power house, but never ever they have had this fear factor, the awesome style of football.

Back to Pep, he has his team identity everywhere he goes, his team plays to his philosophy (well having a great squad is big plus). Give him the credit he deserves

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Since Pep came to Man City -

Man City:
2017 bought players for £224m and sold for £85m, they spent overall £139m
2016 bought players for £191m and sold for £31m, they spent overall £160m

Average age for both seasons in arrivals - 23 years

In total: £299m invested

Chelsea
2017 bought players for £179m and sold for £177m, they spent overall £2m
2016 bought players for £119m and sold for £97m, they spent overall £22m

Average age for both seasons in arrivals - 23 years

In total: £24m invested

Now how come Pep is a genius that didn't win anything yet but outspent other teams heavy while Conte that won the Premier league his first season at Chelsea isn't?

Answer - Because fans judge Pep still for what he did in Barcelona and ignore that most of that isn't in the current time.

ramaboy10 6 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Looking back at my post I was quite wrong :) City are now playing beautiful football. I change my vote to not overrated.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Don't worry, nobody is forgetting Conte won the league in his first shot. No doubt, what he did (Conte) in his first season is more impressive. However, no european football meant the player were in much better form in some game and propably won a few more that they might have draw otherwise if they would have needed to deal more injury and worse form. But yeah, Conte is much more quicker to adapt to a league than Pep.

tuan_jinn 6 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

How on the heavenly earth does this thread became Pep vs Conte thread?

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn The moment Chelsea fan started commenting on it I guess. :P

Golazo111 6 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

It's a given example, it doesn't mean that the whole topic is now like that, grow up.

Emobot7 6 years ago
538 11432

@Golazo Ok, ok, sorry. :P

amir_keal 6 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

he will get sacked.

How wrong I was.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Pep says hello 👋

tiki_taka 5 years ago

I always thought he is overrated even during his Barcelona spell . He just caught the wind off la Masia academy products at the right time. He will be done next year if not this year . EPL is not just different type of football and traditions , but it is also completely different type of environment for manager . Media , fans , Epl schedule and on top bloody weather creates difficult environment to work in . I just don't see Pep to last here more than two seasons ..

One year later, won the league with 100 pts and now making clubs look like my work mates in a Sunday game :) spot on Marcus

NovaRuk 5 years ago
Real Madrid/Barcelona, Malaysia 17 741

This has age well

Marcus2011 5 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@tiki

Sometimes, i feel sorry for you because it seems like you have a severe brain damage and loose of memory. You probably forgot his first season at City when he lost 4-0 to Everton and barely finished in top 4. Therefore, yes, still overrated because somewhere around when i made a comment, he he caught "the wind" of arab money pouring in with total amount to 1 billion pounds and refurnished entire team. Yet, still hasn't won the CL. He hasn't won CL since 2011 campaign in any team. Tough to win it when referees aren't on your side.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

Haha Classic Marcus.

Marshall2118 5 years ago
Paris Saint Germain 5 88

I dont like Pep. But people that say he is overrated don't understand football. I personally believe a big portion of football fans just like their club and don't know much about the game...

Dynastian98 5 years ago Edited
Real Madrid 483 7140

Pep is the best league manager I have seen, but my question of his abilities is in the Champions League. His two victories came on the end of the "It's a disgrace" game at Stamford Bridge in 2009 and the notorious Dani Alves & Pepe incident in 2011. In both instances, the opposing team could have won against his Barcelona. It would have been another instance if Busquets' cheating against Thiago Motta actually paid off in more dividends than just Pique's goal.

In both cases, circumstances very much outside of Pep's tactics turned the tide of the match. It's not like Barca were dominating anyways until the incidents, but rather that it was neck-to-neck or Barca had their backs against the wall. Not to mention that Pep got his ass handed to him several times in the Champions League (failed to beat a 6th place Chelsea, lost 5-0 to Madrid, lost 5-2 to Barcelona, lost 5-1 to Liverpool).

My question with Pep is: When can all your league success translate to a convincing Champions League title? Or at least one where you outsmart each of your opponents and don't have to rely on controversy to get through a difficult tie?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Pep is the best league manager I have seen, but my question of his abilities is in the Champions League. His two victories came on the end of the "It's a disgrace" game at Stamford Bridge in 2009 and the notorious Dani Alves & Pepe incident in 2011. In both instances, the opposing team could have very easily won against his Barcelona. It would have been another instance if Busquets' cheating against Thiago Motta actually paid off in more dividends than just Pique's goal.

In both cases, circumstances very much outside of Pep's tactics turned the tide of the match. It's not like Barca were dominating anyways until the incidents, but rather that it was neck-to-neck or Barca had their backs against the wall. Not to mention that Pep got his ass handed to him several times in the Champions League (failed to beat a 6th place Chelsea, lost 5-0 to Madrid, lost 5-2 to Barcelona, lost 5-1 to Liverpool).

My question with Pep is: When can all your league success translate to a convincing Champions League title? Or at least one where you outsmart each of your opponents and don't have to rely on controversy to get through a difficult tie?

_Gonzi_ 5 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

great points dynastian. pep can prepare and prepare, but on the pitch you always need a little luck. WCs, Euros, Copas, CLs are won with 99% effort and that 1% of luck. pep's city is prepared, we'll have to see what happens on the pitch in these CL matches