Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Football Leaks unveil a new scandal: Infantino allowed PSG and Manchester City to break FFP
Comments
Greatone 5 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

waste of time.. fighting the people who abuse the laws and take the moral high ground, even then they are defended by people still.. soon this story will be forgotten about in a month, and life will go on for the people in power.. its a sad time we live in

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

waste of time..

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

@milanlamiavita Abramovic is no saint neither an angel I know, but surely he did not abuse power like this.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

waste of time.. fighting the people who abuse the laws and take the moral high ground, even then they are defended by people still.. soon this story will be forgotten about in a month, and life will go on for the people in power.. its a sad time we live in

@Greatone

At the very least point it out, so at least you know what club you are supporting and why. I agree it will be forgotten in a month n life goes on. You can still speak up when the day comes and the bubble bursts.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

"so you know what club you are supporting and why"

The day I started to support PSG it was a totally different club to what it is today. Many clubs changes over time a lot. But what do you do? Change club after +20 years of supporting just because the new owner is suspicious. It's not that easy...
Long time fans will recognize this from most clubs, look at how Man City, Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Milan, Inter, Juve, Barca, Napoli, Monaco, Parma, Leeds, Portsmouth etc. etc. have changed the last 20-30 years.

tuan_jinn 5 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Pelle: absolutely right. Noone changes their 20 years clubs because their new owner is suspicious. In fact, most would welcome ANY source of money, seeing their home club grows, more star and becomes elite.

But those same people, including me, should acknowledge, shake our shoulder and admit, yeahhh our bosses are a bunch huge corrupted bastards. I especially dislike those investment comes out of Oil, mafia etc... Despite the fact that it doesn't really affect my affection toward a football club on the field.

Therefore, I call to against any sort of corruption.

• History

@Pelle: absolutely right. Noone changes their 20 years clubs because their new owner is suspicious. In fact, most would welcome ANY source of money, seeing their home club grows, more star and becomes elite.

But those same people, including me, should acknowledge, shake our shoulder and admit, yeahhh our bosses are a bunch huge corrupted bastards. I especially dislike those investment comes out of Oil, mafia etc... it doesn't really affect my affection toward a football club on the field.

Therefore, I call to against any sort of corruption.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

@tuan_jinn Absolutely not. Half Olympiakos supporters do not support their club anymore because of their corrupted owner, 20 TONS of heroine 10 years of disgraceful football and blatant cheating all over the years even when their title is secured, human violence and even murder against other club supporters. Their previous owner the same bollocks.

My uncle even played for Olympiakos in his youth and was a die hard supporter, now he curses every time he is watching the guy on TV.

Ignoring a problem does not fix the problem instead you are becoming part of the problem.

tiki_taka 5 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

No **** Sherlock :) it was obvious from the first day. Fifa works like a multinational brand, and money is the new world religion.

milanlamiavita 5 years ago
Bustese Milano City, Italy 4 3418

@JozeV2.

Doesn't Marinakis also own Nottingham forest lol?

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Milan could be fined up to €20m by UEFA for their Financial Fair Play breaches, as well as having a ban on registering players for the Europa League in January.

milanlamiavita 5 years ago Edited

@JozeV2

Regarding Abramovich - please note that this is not an attack on Chelsea or Chelsea fans. My point is that when it comes to resources and how the resources were acquired, Abramovich is arguably the worst example.

A man who setup and liquidated many companies in the early years post the fall of communism, Abramovich was sent to jail for stealing government assets. His big break in the commodities industry essentially came in cooperation with Boris Yeltsin. The company in question which was privatised with essentially bought for pennies, when its market value was in the billions. Not only was the value grossly underwhelming but he also later testified that he had to pay a lot of bribes in the process of acquiring the business.

When it comes to football directly, Abramovich is also one of the first instigators of finding loopholes in the conflict of interest laws that exist in European football, when investing in CSKA. The loan system that Chelsea operate is of course another area where Chelsea are able to cleverly manage finances, even if many fans find the ethical and moral aspect of the system quite stretched.

• History

@JozeV2

Regarding Abramovich - please note that this is not an attack on Chelsea or Chelsea fans. My point is that when it comes to resources and how the resources were acquired, Abramovich is arguably the worst example.

A man who setup and liquidated many companies in the early years post the fall of communism, Abramovich was sent to jail for stealing government assets. His big break in the commodities industry essentially came in cooperation with Boris Yeltsin. The company in question which was privatised with essentially bought for pennies, when its market value was in the millions. Not only was the value grossly underwhelming but he also later testified that he had to pay a lot of bribes in the process of acquiring the business.

When it comes to football directly, Abramovich is also one of the first instigators of finding loopholes in the conflict of interest laws that exist in European football, when investing in CSKA. The loan system that Chelsea operate is of course another area where Chelsea are able to cleverly manage finances, even if many fans find the ethical and moral aspect of the system quite stretched.

milanlamiavita 5 years ago

@quikzyyy Will 20m Euro hurt the parent company that is valued in excess of 35 billion dollars lol? These so called 'punishments' are just comical.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

I agree on City and PSG following Chelsea footsteps. The only difference is that a player like Deco, Gallas, Carvalho, Essien, Robben, Ashley Cole, Cech, Drogba, Shevshenko would all cost +60 mil each. So I just want to avoid the money spent debate, the inflation would be my answer.
As Milan said, and this is what annoys me rather than external money, is feeder clubs. In Spain we got B teams and it’s completely legal. But Abramovic owned some clubs in Holland where they loan many youngsters to sell them next or inject them in Chelsea.
I feel bad for Vitesse for example who are victims of very instable results and line ups. No identity for such an old club.
But all clubs even Historical institutions were not clean in the past, Juve with their medical wizard and fixing scandal. Marseille who went in league 2 and saw their president Bernard Tapi going to jail, he said that moment we were obliged to buy some rival players to ensure the victory like our Europeen rivals do, he was implying Berlusconi in the midle of the nineties.
Napoli got mafia scandals, Madrid got banks and political help....Barca gets unfair favor with Madrid in term of tv rights repartition and did many illegal things to attract Neymar...

Pointing teams is not what I’m implying, Football is not a beautiful world that money is ruining... Football underground have always been in the limit of legality to be soft.

PSG and City are just the bad students of the moment... And Qatar right now are manipulating football to make advertisement of their ability and service brands like fly emirates, Qatar foundation and air lines... they bought 3% of France PIB including Luxurious hotels, air ports and rights on French Enterprises... all this has been possible by political corruption and the world as a whole.

Football always look like its era. We just have more tools to get right informations than previous generations.

tiki_taka 5 years ago

None should be blamed by FFP Kazan or Milan aren’t worse than PSG or City, Barca btw got banned 3 straight transfer markets for a 13 yo youngster of la masia. Same happened later with Madrid clubs and none got banned.

Ledley 5 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Milan could be fined up to €20m by UEFA for their Financial Fair Play breaches

Milan can’t attract and quality new players without that UCL money 💰. So they gotta borrow it to make signings and now they fall outside FFP. Hmmm FFP is keeping the same clubs in the UCL yaaaawwn.

what do you do? Change club after +20 years of supporting just because the new owner is suspicious. It's not that easy...

@ Pele Where did I write this ? I can certainly stop supporting. Changing support is a completely different subject.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago Edited

@Ledley... It wasnt a question aimed at you. The alternative to supporting a club is to not support the club. Chosing another club is not an option. And to me these choices suck! In the meantime I hope that the corruption whithin football is eradicated (which I doubt will happen)... or at least kept at bay. With or without PSG football is a multibllion industry. And where there is big money, there will be big vultures.

@JozeV2: there is a difference between supoorting the club and supporting an owner. One way to support the club is to show disagreement with the owner himself or any chairman etc. But I understand your uncles problem.

• History

@Ledley... It wasnt a question aimed at you. The alternative to supporting a club is to not support the club. Chosing another club is not an option. And to me these choices suck! In the meantime I hope that the corruption whithin football is eradicated (which I doubt will happen)... or at least kept at bay. With or without PSG football is a multibllion industry. And where there is big money, there will be big vultures.

@JozeV2: there is a difference between supoorting the club and supoorting an owner. One way to support the club is to show disagreement with the owner himself or any chairman etc. But I understand your uncles problem.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

@tiki_taka: agree... except that fly Emirates is not Qatarian:)

milanlamiavita 5 years ago Edited

Aw it just gets better....PSG have opened a probe into claims that young players were subject to racial profiling during their recruitment process, a source close to the club said on Thursday.

I'm telling you, the information coming out as a result of these leaked documents are providing a daily source of comedy - sad comedy unfortunately.

http://www.punditarena.com/football/kennedymarisa760/psg-probe-racial-profiling-players/?fbclid=IwAR2UOCpuo29Y48iilhvr6xNn6WCBrNLC1O1jvOkADbWWgrlehElcJdvA_GU

• History
tiki_taka 5 years ago Edited

@pelle yes i know but Qatar and U.A.E United Arab Emirates have same ambitions and do exactly same things. Invest in Europe. I’m not against them taking clubs, many Pl clubs have US owners so it’s not really a nationality problem. For me it’s how they use sport to take part of the market. I was working for bein sport, you would be surprised about how many areas of our economy they conquered.

@milan yeah saw it in mediapart a french website, racism has become usual in France sadly.

• History

@pelle yes i know but Qatar and U.A.E United Arab Emirates have same ambitions and do exactly same things. Invest in Europe. I’m not against them taking clubs, many Pl clubs have US owners so it’s not really a nationality problem. For me it’s how they use sport to take part of the market. I was working for bein sport, you would be surprised about how many areas of our economy they conquered.

netsten 5 years ago
Chelsea, Belgium 44 992

@milan @tiki Just saw this in "envoyé special" on FR2 tonight. The way they are passing over all this is just disguting.

JozeV2 5 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

@Pelle There is a difference when the club destroys Greek football and takes all the money for themselves. No big names, just loanies and poor quality teams that fail at Europe. Panathinaikos is teared apart thanks to that, AEK fell off 2 leagues below, PAOK is cheated and robbed, Aris the same. Watch what Cisse said about Olympiakos and Marinakis after a derby day that in the last minutes of the game Panathinaikos had a clear goal whistled offside and Olympiakos had a clear offside added as goal to win the derby and on the meantime Olympiakos hooligans enter the stadium and attack players, the media even said Panathinaikos players attacked the fans when they simply defended themselves from orcs insulting and kicking them. What Marinakis did was to mock and troll the players after the game and making Greek league a laughing stock.

@Milanmiavita I know mate, I myself am against Abramovic time to time but I can't ignore how much he did for us but if his crimes are too much I insist on a punishment. Football > personal cup glory. When Ibrahimovic called us babies and said we were crying at the ref for a red card against him when he pulled out his legs, I agree'd with him and I never whined about it on FR forums. I kept my mouth shut and took the hit in the chest.

@tiki What about your taxes? All those scandals with your players? How come you don't mention all those shady deals your club had? You also forgot Barcelona's B betting scandals or all those benefits you had over the years but whatever it is easier to point fingers to others than looking at the mirror. Nobody said football is clear or was never corrupted, but now the problem is that few rich guys are playing FIFA manager in real life.

About the Dutch club Vitesse lets see.

2012 4
2013 4
2014 6
2015 5
2016 9
2017 5
2018 8

For me it doesn't look that bad, but yes as you stated above a healthy enviroment would have them push to top3 maybe. I don't completely disagree with you on that matter.

If it wasn't Abramovic although? They would have sold their players and have 10 times harder job to replace them since there is no Chelsea youth to reinforce them. Doubt they could have youngsters like Ajax or PSV so they would probably sink to mediocrity? Or would they even be there without Abramovic? Maybe an old club forgotten that has its up and downs without any chance of titles. Its a curse and a blessing the same time, because you have one of the best youth academies with UCL glory and a bunch of cups winners at England playing for your team but at the same time you get stripped of them whenever Roman feels like it. With or without Roman it doesn't look any better at all.

Why ignore the Galacticos? They started buying every world class player but yeah its easier to speak about Chelsea, since we get that extra heat just because of English media and yeah our owner is a Russian with a black profile. So is Napoli mafia-related but everybody loves what Napoli is doing because its a beautiful promotion story. What about Monaco shady Russian owner who got arrested this week when Monaco was playing against Brugge? Another beautiful story of football.

The only thing I agree 100% is that if Abramovic had all that OIL money he might be even worse than PSG or City. I can't argue about that but neither anyone can prove that would happen.

In fewer words each one of us has a corrupted club owner and board with their main goal of making money out of football. Some of them reached the line and some of them have passed the line. Speaking only for myself whatever Roman did, he made Chelsea strong but he did not ignore every single god damn rule on the meanwhile. There is a few matches he did not attend and he was always showing emotions in the game for the club. If his actions outside the pitch deserve a punishment I hope he gets punished as long as everyone similar gets the same treatment. As I said above Football > personal club glory.

I wanted to avoid this by not even mentioning your team but you had to drag me into this.