Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Football Leaks unveil a new scandal: Infantino allowed PSG and Manchester City to break FFP
Comments
milanlamiavita 5 years ago
Bustese Milano City, Italy 4 3418

@Greatone. I'd just like to add that we're not 'pumping out opinions'. The information released by football leaks in conjunction with Der Spiegel and Marca contained internal emails ha ha.

Greatone 5 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Australia 19 727

yeah I know, I was just quoting pelle, as I was responding to his criticisms

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

yeah i know, I was just quoting pelle, ahah

raimondo90 5 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Eh, the leaks are actively going after PSG and City mainly due to their Arab owners.
Chelsea are just as guilty of fraudulent funding from a Russian mobster who can't even enter England or provide proof of how he made the millions he invested in his team.
Spain and Italy are also pretty damn dirty with their top teams.

Football became the easiest way to launder billions and keep making money in the process. I take these leaks with a grain of salt. Because most of it changed notjing and will change nothing. It's a lot of media outcry that last a couple weeks and then dies off.

I ask that you guys keep the debate about the topic and not attack each other personally.

milanlamiavita 5 years ago Edited

@raimondo90. Football is just a pretty face for these shifty businessmen. Be it from the Arab world, Russia or China. But the reality is that when it comes to actively promoting such activities, the financial system especially in the UK is guilty. The UK as it stands is the most corrupt country on the planet. I'm not talking of the police or the politicians (though their actions have come into light as well), but the actual financial system. The reality is that over 90 percent of capital in London is owned by companies that are based offshore. The situation will become even worse with the UK breaking with the European union. You'll have even less legal requirements and laws on these people, opening the market to more illegal financial operations.

The normal man doesn't have a chance in the face of a billionaire like Abramovich. Did you follow the case of the family with a house quite close to the chelsea stadium? Despite feeling that the extension of the stadium severely impacted their access to natural light. The family have been living in that house for over 5 decades. Of course ultimately, the council came down on them and granted the work to go ahead.

• History

@raimondo90. Football is just a pretty face for these shifty businessmen. Be it from the Arab world, Russia or China. But the reality is that when it comes to actively promoting such activities, the financial system especially in the UK is guilty. The UK as it stands is the most corrupt country on the planet. I'm not talking of the police or the politicians (though their actions have come into light as well), but the actual financial system. The reality is that over 90 person of capital in London is owned by companies that are based offshore. The situation will become even worse with the UK breaking with the European union. You'll have even less legal requirements and laws on these people, opening the market to more illegal financial operations.

@raimondo90. Football is just a pretty face for these shifty businessmen. Be it from the Arab world, Russia or China. But the reality is that when it comes to actively promoting such activities, the financial system especially in the UK is guilty. The UK as it stands is the most corrupt country on the planet. I'm not talking of the police or the politicians (though their actions have come into light as well), but the actual financial system. The reality is that over 90 percent of capital in London is owned by companies that are based offshore. The situation will become even worse with the UK breaking with the European union. You'll have even less legal requirements and laws on these people, opening the market to more illegal financial operations.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

@ Greatone: Now here is the perfect example on an attack on the person and not the subject..."you dumb". No I'm not dumb, but I'm probably a bit biased, because I can't wave off the fact that I'm a PSG fan. And no I don't like cheating even when PSG is guilty of it.

@ third person: I see that milanlamiavita again is not responding to me, just downtalking me in other directions, like a grown up.

@ JozeV2: I'm not being ironic, I'm being sarcastic towards some elements of the subject that I find cracked. When I said "burn", it was figuratively speaking. That should be obvious. And I'm not having an anti-football stance. I'm simply standing up for my club that you so vigorously try to bash. To a certain degree I agree with you, but you people are overdoing it.

PSG fan, my tanned backside. In 2010-11, PSG reached the round of 16 in the Europa league. I watched the second leg vs Benfica which finished 1-1, with Benfica going through 3-2 on agg. You could run a ten tonne truck through the comment section of the highlights....no 'PSG fan' to be seen. But hey, there are 'millions' of die hard Man city fans these days as well....

Greatone 5 years ago

sorry I completely disagree with the idea that the leaks are just targeting PSG and City due to their Arab owners; it is most surely because they are the most high-profile target for journalists to choose, you don't make a story about rubin kazan, but a story about PSG and City will reap much greater rewards. But also because the extreme rise these two teams have made.. the amount they have spent... even though chelsea is a great example as well, they didn't completely flaunt their power like the amounts of money that they spent..

@Greatone. A story was made regarding Rubin Kazan being banned for two years. A story was also made of Milan being banned from Europa league, prior to the appeal. What is so special about man city and psg that they cannot be targeted for breaking rules and deception? Untouchables? That's like a current big shot businessman in the UK taking out an injunction vs a newspaper regarding sexual harassment and bullying allegation, just because him thinking he's too big and powerful to be spoken about in a negative manner. These people need to pull their heads out of their own backsides.

• History

@Greatone. A story was made regarding Rubin Kazan being banned for two years. A story was also made of Milan being banned from Europa league, prior to the appeal. What is so special about man city and psg that they cannot be targeted for breaking rules and deception? Untouchables?

quikzyyy 5 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

you don't make a story about rubin kazan, but a story about PSG and City will reap much greater rewards.

well, Rubin Kazan was banned for 2 seasons, were PSG and City banned as well?

@quikzyyy. Exactly right. It is OK to ban Rubin Kazan, but we can't talk about PSG and Man city. They're too special.

JozeV2 5 years ago Edited
Chelsea, Greece 6 214

@Pelle Few years from now you will regret those words, football will slowly die because its been rotten for a while. You still don't give me back an argument for discussion rather than I am a PSG fan so I don't care that much.

@raimondo90 No no and no. Roman never made EPL his personal TV show, yes he gave us success and glory through money but did not destroy football on the process. Chelsea went out and fought a giant called Manchester United and Arsenal and now it is considered an elite club that actually WASTED MONEY on flops rather than USED MONEY to avoid laws and bs. The same happened with PSG when they fought Lyon for the 1st place. If you have any proof that we ripped football apart in England and Europe please show me your facts and info. By your logic Leicester the most beautiful story of EPL is TAIWAN money and not a great football fairy tale that we all witnessed. I called out the Arab owners as kids who want everything under their control, I did not called them out for making a club a superpower with their money.

So if Valencia gets bought by a rich corrupted guy and it competes for la liga it becomes part of the problem? We don't hate a contender, we love competition either its achieved by a rich guys money or any other possible way. What we hate is the manipulation of football to the standards of MANPIG with a lot of money regardless his nationality. Am I clear enough now?

Also Abramovic may be eventually forced to sell Chelsea due to that situation with his VISA

Its nothing personal against PSG or CITY it just happens that those 2 specific clubs are cheating their way to success and changing football to their standards and liking. It could be West Ham or Nice or any god damn team.

• History

@Pelle Few years from now you will regret those words, football will slowly die because its been rotten for a while. You still don't give me back an argument for discussion rather than I am a PSG fan so I don't care that much.

@raimondo90 No no and no. Roman never made EPL his personal TV show, yes he gave us success and glory through money but did not destroy football on the process. Chelsea went out and fought a giant called Manchester United and Arsenal and now it is considered an elite club that actually WASTED MONEY on flops rather than USED MONEY to avoid laws and bs. If you have any proof that we ripped football apart in England and Europe please show me your facts and info. By your logic Leicester the most beautiful story of EPL is TAIWAN money and not a great football fairy tale that we all witnessed. I called out the Arab owners as kids who want everything under their control, I did not called them out for making a club a superpower with their money.

So if Valencia gets bought by a rich corrupted guy and it competes for la liga it becomes part of the problem? We don't hate a contender, we love competition either its achieved by a rich guys money or any other possible way. What we hate is the manipulation of football to the standards of MANPIG with a lot of money regardless his nationality. Am I clear enough now?

Also Abramovic may be eventually forced to sell Chelsea due to that situation with his VISA

@raimondo90 No no and no. Roman never made EPL his personal TV show, yes he gave us success and glory through money but did not destroy football on the process. Chelsea went out and fought a giant called Manchester United and Arsenal and now it is considered an elite club that actually WASTED MONEY on flops rather than USED MONEY to avoid laws and bs. If you have any proof that we ripped football apart in England and Europe please show me your facts and info. By your logic Leicester the most beautiful story of EPL is TAIWAN money and not a great football fairy tale that we all witnessed. I called out the Arab owners as kids who want everything under their control, I did not called them out for making a club a superpower with their money.

Its nothing personal against PSG or CITY it just happens that those 2 specific clubs are cheating their way to success and changing football to their standards and liking. It could be West Ham or Nice or any god damn team.

@JozeV2. No offence directly to you, mate but Abramovich is the mother of the mobsters. He basically gave birth to the trend of using football as means of furthering his business interests (correction - Berlusco used to further his business and political interests - albeit being a self made man) in the UK, with stolen money. These original mobsters made their millions post the fall of communism, getting their hands on national resources and assets hand in hand with politicians. Some had it good, some had it bad...anyone who fell out with the established system got banished, pushed aside or murdered.

90 percent of all capital in London are owned by accounts that are based offshore. The Russians buying up London properties are the original instigators. But still, its the system that is allowing it so I don't blame them for taking advantage of lax regulations.

• History

@JozeV2. No offence directly to you, mate but Abramovich is the mother of the mobsters. He basically gave birth to the trend of using football as means of furthering his business interests in the UK, with stolen money. These original mobsters made their millions post the fall of communism, getting their hands on national resources and assets hand in hand with politicians. Some had it good, some had it bad...anyone who fell out with the established system got banished, pushed aside or murdered.

90 percent of all capital in London are owned by accounts that are based offshore. The Russians buying up London properties are the original instigators. But still, its the system that is allowing it so I don't blame them for taking advantage of lax regulations.

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

Here we go again with that plastic fan argument... see this is why some of you people are difficult. Everything in your head about PSG is corrupted and to you all PSG fans were born 2011...

8 november 1997 PSG-Marseille 1-2... I was there... were you even born then? Or were you on dipers?

Greatone 5 years ago

@pelle ahaha, just ignore the rest of my comment, dont respond to anything said.. I clearly agreed you don't like cheating so to make the point, why do you defend PSG and City now?

Greatone 5 years ago

@milanmiavita i dont mean that there was no story made, but, this report done for PSG and City is one of the biggest exposé in football journalistic history, so no you don't really bother AS MUCH for rubin kazan, im not saying they can't be targeted, i'm saying they were perhaps targeted because of the huge change made in such a short space of time. and im not saying thats a bad thing....

There really needs to be a REAL independent body reviewing the shit that FIFA and UEFA do... maybe the EU really should step in and make an organisation to overrule and root out corruption in football who aren't accountable to FIFA and UEFA...

@Greatone. I was being sarcastic....It doesn't come across as well in text.

Greatone 5 years ago

aye it doesn't ahah, sorry

_Pelle_ 5 years ago

@Greatone: Because I said "IF", try to read the entire comment instead of cherry picking. And it means after that legal procedures have concluded it. The difference is that you have, in here, already made the investigation, prosecuted, convicted and punished... with the guillotine.

I defend PSG as the club I support from your bashing that is not seldom out of context. That doesn't mean I would agree on something people within the club do that could be against any laws. Don't mix oranges with apples.

So don't jump too high with excitement.

We live in a time when the moral duty of an action that might benefit us and yet hurt others is very minimal. Who cares about football and its integrity if Man city are winning? My team is winning, so I'm happy. Rules? Apply those rules to the less fortunate.

I make millions but I have lawyers, so I don't have to pay tax. I'll just go and buy a house in Switzerland, have offshore accounts, so I don't have to contribute anything when it comes to earning. I'll land my plane without me being in it on the Isle of Man, just for the purpose of righting off paying tax. But at the same time, I'll totally be in agreement with the law coming down on those who can't have offshore accounts and are found not to have filled in their tax returns properly.