Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Foota's Special Arsenal Transfer 2013/14 Thread
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Ok, the gears have finally gotten rolling at Arsenal and a lot of activity is happening right now regarding going-ins & going-outs. So much so that I think it's enough to have it's own dedicated thread.

I've tried to hold off talking about all the stuff until now but I think it's come to a point where I need to write everything down before I forget. So here we go.

Comments
GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

ahahaah ^^^ lay it down Footy

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

CONFIRMED DEPARTURES

From the 1st team (I'll start with the latest ones first):
#1- "Don" Vito Mannone - Arsenal's young backup GK has finalized a move to Sunderland FC for circa £2-2.5m. Good bit of business for us there but also may prove to be a good signing for Sunderland. Apparently, Sunderland are happy with his "amazing" keepy uppy skills :
<http://tyneandwear.sky.com/sunderland/video/72610/new-sunderland-goalkeeper-vito-mannones-super-ball-skills>

#2- Johan Djourou - After impressing on a successful loan spell at Hannover last season, Arsenal's 4th choice CB was actually being chased by 2 German clubs. Hamburg won out and are going to sign him on an initial 1 year loan (they will pay all his wages and pay a loan fee) with the intention of signing him next summer. I'm not sure why there is an initial loan deal but it's safe to say he's marketable & JD's days at the Emirates are pretty much over.

#3- Denilson - RELEASED. Sao Paulo signed the Brasilian on a free as Arsenal payed off the remainder of his contract after losing patience with Santos dicking us around over indefinite loans without wanting to buy.

#4- Andrey Arshavin - RELEASED. The diminutive Russians failed spell as a gunner has finally come to an end. Unsurprsingly, he's back at his hometown club of Zenit St Petersburg. This one hurt us all. A combination of being played out of position for the sake of Fabregas and a terrible lack of application/fitness marked the downfall of the the brilliant playmaker and our (still) record signing. Even Wenger conceded that he wished he had signed Andrey when he was younger (referencing the fact that he was too old to change his lifestyle).

#5- Squillaci - RELEASED. THANK GOD!

From the AcademyYouth:
In an unprecedented culling of the youth ranks, last I counted we sold/released 16 youth players! Not all were because we wanted them to leave but because some fchose to leave for more 1st team football. There are some good talents we let go this year and last.
The list includes but is not limited to:
Martin Angha (FC Nuremberg), Kyle Ebecilio (FC Twente), Jernade Meade, Josh Rees, James Shea, Philip Roberts, Craig Eastmond, Elton Monteiro, Samir Bihmoutine, Nigel Neita, Conor Henderson, Sanchez Watt, Reice Charles-Cook, and some I may have left out.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

RUMORED (LIKELY DEPARTURES)

From the First Team...
#1- Francis Coquelin (endearingly know as "Le Coq") - Le Coq has been seen training with SC Freiburg
and there are STRONG rumours saying he is set for a 1 year loan deal with the Bundeslgia outfit (What's with all the German love?). Anyway, it has been known that Francis has been impatient for 1st team action and being that we are looking to land an experienced CDM (more on this later) it seems all parties think it'd be best for him to get gametime elswhere. He will some competition in Freiburg BUT he is highly rated over there and the fans that I've spoken too on Twitter/forums seem pretty happy to have him. I think he is talented and had good potential but needs to stop being so French (lol, he is very moody/impatient). There is talk that we are courting Freiburg's highly rated 19 yo CB Matthias Ginter and that this may help with negotiations... but that part is all hearsay. In any case, I'm glad it's just a loan for now.

#2- Nicklas Bendtner (famously, mockingly nicknamed "The Greatest Striker That Ever Lived" by @arseblog) - According to NBs agent and various Danish media sources 5 teams are competing for the Dane's signature and the frontrunners are thought to be Eintracht Frankfurt. While he's not as good as he thinks he is, he's not as bad as some make out. His biggest problem is that he is a massive TWAT and his overinflated image of himself has been a real prick in Arsenal's side as he turned down several offers the past 2 years because the clubs didn't "suit his ambition". Hopefully his wage demands won't put Frankfurt off and we finally rid ourselves of the petulant Dane.

#3- Chu Young Park - Although nothing has been confirmed it is widely expected that once the South Korean captain finishes his mandatory bootcamp at the end of this month, the club will take a hit and terminate one of the most bizzare contract's ever signed by Arsenal... just baffling.

#4- Joel Campbell - apparently the yound Costa Rican has FINALLY gotten a work permit for England but I in no way expect him to return to Arsenal yet. Arsene may chose to loan him to an English club so that he can get a taste of English football, but I suspect that he'll want to stay at Real Betis as he has excelled there and the club are very keen on him staying.

#5- Andre Santos - I honeslty haven't heard much about him since his move to Gremio. As per usual with Brasilian clubs, I think they want to keep him there on loan but are not willing to pay all his wages or buy him outright (they like to do that there). In any case, I do not think he has any misgiving about having a future at Arsenal after his disastrous showings at LB. Wenger basically confirmed as much when he signed Nacho Monreal as competition for Gibbs. It'll probably turn into another Denlison saga (unless some Turkish club is willing to sign him on discount).

#6- Gerinvho - IT is 100% certain that Marseille (along with 1 other club [which is rumoured to be Lazio]) have held discussions with forehead. Apparently, he is contemplating his future as he admitted to being displeased with the amount of gametime he was given towards the end of last season. Whilst not a complete flop (he CAN change a game coming on as a sub) he may seek more minutes elswhere. It is rumoured that if Marseille cannot land Ambrossini than they will go for him. Also, his former manager is now the coach at Lazio and there is noise he would be wanted there. He is still rated abroad and Arsenal could recoup most of their money for him (he was bought for £8-8.5m from Lille) but I'm not sure he's one of the priorities Arsene wants to ship out. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that I believe Wenger would want him to stay as a mad squad player but if any move happens it will be down to his own desire to leave.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

#7- Marouane Chamakh - I feel sorry for this guy. Was doing ever so well until RVP took a bat to his confidence... since then he's never been the same. Whilst he may be limited in his repertoire he was (and IMO still can be) a pretty prolific goalscorer. Anyway, it's clear he's now surplus at Arsenal and there are some teams rumoured to be itnerested in acquiring his services (most strongly rumoured are Galatasary). Whil Arsenal wont demand much of a transfer fee (he was a free signing) his wages may be an obstacle. I'm afraid if he doesn't get an offer close to his current wage pay... he might do an Arshavin and just see out the rest of his contract at Arsenal.

As you can see... there seems to be a MASSIVE clearout of the deadweights. People like Frimpong's future is still in the air and Sagna looks like he might stay on after all (seems to have changed his tune in recent interviews). Who knows we'll just have to wait and see what happens next. One thing is for sure though....
THERE's a WHOLE LOT OF WAGES BEING FREED UP. ADD THAT TO OUR "WAR CHEST" AND IT LOOKING PROMISING!

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

CONFIRMED ARRIVALS

Let's start with the youth/academy players...
#1- Yaya Sonogo - 20 year old French striker signed on a free (£500k paid for training compensation) from relegated Auxerre. You all know about this one already.

#2- Dan Crowley - promising 15 year old midfielder signed from Aston Villa for £1m. Said to play a similar style to Jack Wilshere (someone on here made a thread about it a while ago... look it up).

#3- Jamaal Raage - 16 year old forward signed from Swedish side IF Brommapojkarna for an estimated £200k.

#4- Julio Selva - although not yet confirmed, it is believed that the Barcelona youngster has signed for Arsenal for an undisclosed fee.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

RUMORED/LIKELY ARRIVALS
#1- Gonzalo Higuain - After nearly 1 month of speculation and negotiations... it looks like this one is finally about to be concluded. Numerous outlets saying the deal is for £23m. Some even expect a medical or announcement tomorrow. I don't know about all that... but I think this one's over folks. I am happy with that.

#2- A CDM - seems Arsene's wised up to the fact that we need a proper CDM as evidenced by the recently rejected Lars Bedner bid (I made a previous thread about this). There is also some rumours about Kudogbia which I DO NOT believe is reliable. Still, the fact that we're trying means that Arsene has accepted that is a weakness in our team and looking to address it.

#3- Julio Cesar - Whilst I was always a proponent of getting the Brasilian GK there was no real evidence it was ever going to happen until the past week. Julio Cesar's quotes haven't done much to suggest otherwise either (When asked if his son had expressed a desire to stay in London, Cesar told British reporters after Brazil's Confederations Cup triumph: "Yes, me too. I love the city and I'm enjoying living there.")

KingHenry 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

You forgot about all the linking to Rooney. Even if I don't think it will happen, if it goes through, it would be a big "fuck you" to utd fans hahahaha ! Rooney would be an amazing signing, but I would throw all the club's money his way just to make utd fans cry

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@KingHenry: I've heard the rumours and they won't go away, but like you I don't think it'll ever happen so I havent listed it here. Moreover, I wouldn't want him to come to Arsenal. Never liked him and the last thing we need is a petulant, lazy, primadonna to ruin the harmony of our squad.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Yeah, not when you've already got Walcott!

*ducks and runs*

j/k

KingHenry 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

Rooney is still better than any of our players. So even if he is a cunt and ugly, I would like him at arsenal

KingHenry 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

"the sun" lolz
But some good quotes from him have indeed been used by good papers like the guardian. So it is looking pretty good.

tiki_taka 11 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Arsenal should did this 3 years ago, they just secured big four for years, so they are not able to play title now, and they waited Spurs to link up their level to decide to finally buy some class players....
Maybe its too late...

KingHenry 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

nope we are fine

tiki_taka 11 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

we will see, hope you' re not dreaming to win EPL : will never happen, Arsenal those past years gained financial stability but lost competitivity and image, @kinghenry Arsenal is still my favorite team in EPL, but we are far away of the golden period.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

MEANWHILE....

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

PLOT TWIST: Tottenham sign Higuain and Coentrao + 30 million pounds for Bale!

AFTERMATH: Footaholic in tears.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ Shit, I thought you were telling the truth there.

KingHenry 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@tiki we will eventually get back to the top, I have no doubt about that. Even if we are 10 years from our next league title, we will get back to the top where arsenal belong.

La marca said today that Madrid rejected our 27m€/ £23m bid, it's not a done deal yet. I hope Arsene is looking over his shoulder for this one. I don't want another mata incident, I think I would jump of a cliff.