Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Foota's Special Arsenal Transfer 2013/14 Thread
Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Ok, the gears have finally gotten rolling at Arsenal and a lot of activity is happening right now regarding going-ins & going-outs. So much so that I think it's enough to have it's own dedicated thread.

I've tried to hold off talking about all the stuff until now but I think it's come to a point where I need to write everything down before I forget. So here we go.

Comments
ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^What happened with Mata? Did Chelsea steal him from under your noses or something?

KingHenry 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

We were linked really heavily with him for a very long period of time, just like we have been linked with higuain for over a month now. All the papers were saying how a fee was agreed with valencia, how mata had agreed personal terms, tweets about how mata had passed a medical at arsenal blablablabla and then Chelsea got him. It felt really really bitter.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ Oohhh @D Ouch

koldimere 11 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

This Higuain transfer has been going on for a while. I hope it doesn't break down.

KingHenry 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@koldimere reports today of ancelotti trying to convince higuain to stay. Don't know what to think about these, but I am less and less optimistic...

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@KingHenry: "Even if we are 10 years from our next league title, we will get back to the top where arsenal belong."

If it takes you that long to get back to the top, it proves you don't 'belong' there at all. This is the kind of entitled, deluded mindset that Liverpool fans have been living in for the last 20 years. No-one 'belongs' at the top. Not even United. Not even Real. Not even Bayern.

It all depends on whether or not you are actually good enough to be there at the time. Taking ten years (well, 18, if we count the last 8 as well) to reclaim 'your' place is just nonsense. It just means it was never your place to begin with.

nandaYNWA 11 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

@Footaholic

Is it okay if I somewhat copy the template and format you used to do your Arsenal 2013/14 Transfer Thread? but mine would be about Liverpool, obviously. And I'll give you credit for the idea. Btw It's all good if that's not okay with you

KingHenry 11 years ago
Arsenal, France 44 1362

@lodatz I totally agree with you. What I meant is that with our recent history, Arsenal fans are entitled to higher expectations. We never really left the top though, top four finish for the last 17 years or something. We are never really far from the league title.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@nandaYNWA: of course, it's ok. you needn't have asked. If you feel you have enough material... do yo thang

nandaYNWA 11 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

Thanks @Footaholic :-)

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

UPDATE: The Arsenal squad has taken off for their Asia Tour. there are a few notable absentees:
Andre Santos, Bendter, Chamakh, Park, and... Gervinho. Hmm... wonder what all those have in common?

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Gaaaahhhhh! Nicklas Bendtner is such a F***ING tit! The Frankfurt deal is off.

Official Frankfurt statement by Sporting Director Bruno Hübner: "We would like to thank ‪Arsenal‬ manager Arsene Wenger especially for the positive negotiations and good collaboration. All three parties showed great willingness to make it happen, but after all it did not come together in the end."

Yesterday, it looked like everything was done but Ithen I saw a worrying quote. " After considering everything … Bendtner has proven to be not realistic. With Arsenal, there are no problems. We need to check whether it is financially feasible."

Basically, ol' Nick is asking for too much money. It's like Deja Vu all over again. The amount of times his ego has scuppered deals is beyond belief. I can't wait to be rid of the prick. This leaves Malaga as our only hope now, or he'll be put back on loan somewhere and be a free agent next season. >:(

koldimere 11 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

Bumping this thread. I read Joel Campbell has got a work permit to finally play in England. If we don't manage to somehow get a top class striker Wenger will perhaps look to youth? Ain't gonna effective I can tell you that. But I have high hopes for Akpom! He's so much more efficient than Afobe. Youth look promising for now in Eisfeld, Gnabry, Akpom, and Zalalem.

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Bentner has been turned down by Hull, Frankfurt and Malaga from wanting too much salary....

and now:

Feel for the Arsenal fans as we also got a similar player, Antonio Barragan, every person who has seen him play that ive talked to want him gone from elite football. He is shit...

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

^What a pestilence he has become.
In other news, looks like Santos is wanted by Flamingo in Brasil. Not sure if its a buy-out or loan but knowing Brasilian clubs, it's probably the latter. In either case, if they pick up some of his wages... it'll be better than nothing. Hopefully we can get a deal done though.

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

these Luis Suarez rumours are starting to get pretty loud. I'm not sure how happy I'd be to see him desecrate my colours. Here is the situation as I understand it:

#1-Madrid (Perez) are being real tw*ts about the Higuain deal. Reneged on previousl discussed transfer fee.
#2-Napoli just got a bucketload of cash for Cavani and seem interested in Higuain. If they offer a good amount more, Madrid would want to sell to them, unless Gonzo doesnt agree to go there (which is quite possible since he seems pretty keen to play in the PL and will probably get less wages than at Arsenal).
#3-If Madrid sell Higuain for more to Napoli, then they will have enough to comfortably buy Suarez. In addition, both Luis and Liverpool would prefer him to go to Spain. This would we be a disastrous scenario for Arsenal.
#4- I think Arsenal are actually half-serious about Luis. He was the best player in the league last year (my opinion) BUT I don't thik he's worth the instability/potential issues. On the hand, if Higuain goes to Napoli, we'd HAVE to get him. Cannot afford another summer "trying" but not doing.

Summary = BUY SOME F*CKING PLAYERS ALREADY AND DO IT SOON ARSENAL. FFS, I'M GETTING REALLY SICK OF THIS...

Footaholic 11 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

Well, some more good news:
ANDRE SANTOS HAS AGREED A 2 YEAR CONTRACT WITH BRASILIAN CLUB FLAMENGO AFTER BOTH ARSENAL AND PLAYER AGREED TO TERMINATE HIS CONTRACT WHICH WAS DUE TO END IN 2015.

:) We sure are doing a 5 star job at selling/gettng rid of all our deadweights! Now would be a nice time to actually work on buying/bringing someone in.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well, some more good news:
ANDRE SANTOS HAS AGREED A 2 YEAR CONTRACT WITH BRASILIAN CLUB FLAMENGO AFTER BOTH ARSENAL AND PLAYER AGREED TO TERMINATE HIS CONTRACT WHICH WAS DUE TO END IN 2015.

:) We sure are doing a 5 star job at selling/gettng rid of all our deadweights! Now would be a nice time to actually work on buying someone/bringing someone in.

JuanMata10 11 years ago
Chelsea, Austria 17 1696

Arsenal should sign Jackson Martinez, I could imagine him shining for them.

xFarghaly 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 17 78

TRANSFER NEWS UPDATE: Arsenal Sign Bernard! According to an ESPN Brazil Reporter, "Bernard is going to Arsenal"
My Sources: tribalfootball, ESPN, and HITC Sport.
21m (Sterling)
Don't get your hopes up, remember "Arsenal agree deal to sign Jovetic"?
(25 min ago)

Liverpool demand 55m from Arsenal for Luis Suarez, and the Rooney transfer still goes on. Still keeping tabs on Higuain

Andre Santos off to Flamengo to secure the move officialy.

Arsenal join race to sign 18yr old Zouma. Also linked AS Moneybag.