Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL : Relegation Battle 2016/17
Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

There is quite the relegation battle forming at the bottom of the table.
The bottom 6 teams are within 2 points of eachother
Middlesbrough - 21
Leicester City -21
Swansea City -21
Hull City - 20
Crystal Palace - 19
Sunderland - 19

Which teams do you think will be relegated and why, also who will survive

Poll for most likely to be relegated

Teams Relegated : Hull, Middlesbrough , and Sunderland

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

There is quite the relegation battle forming at the bottom of the table.
The bottom 6 teams are within 2 points of eachother
Middlesbrough - 21
Leicester City -21
Swansea City -21
Hull City - 20
Crystal Palace - 19
Sunderland - 19

Which teams do you think will be relegated and why, also who will survive

Poll for most likely to be relegated

Comments
decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

Hull, Palace & Boro will stay up. Hull seems to have too good manager & the latter two have too much quality in their squads.

Sunderland will finally go down, along with Leicester & Watford (from 10th place to relegation lol, but still)

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Watford is not going down, m'baye niang was a gift from ac Milan , I really hope they take him back because he is a quality player , goal and assist on his debut , also I would say Sunderland have more fight in them and more relegation experience to stay in the league than crystal palace at the Moment ,I hope crystal palace stays but it's not looking great

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Alright, here it is! Pundits seems certain that Sunderland will go down (1.36 in odds), together with Hull (1.72)

CP is at 2.10, Middlesbrough at 2.25, Swansea 2.50, Leicester 3.50

Bournemouth at 9, Burnley at 12..

Seems to be a gap there as you've stated..

However.. Southampton on 2 fewer points is at 34 times the money and Stoke on equal points to Burnley is at 41 times the money

So again, not to safe after all.

However, I'll change my prediction to include Sunderland, together with Hull and Burnley as previously

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@KTBFFHSWE

Thanks for the info!! good stuff,
once we are closer to the end of the season i will bring back this thread !!

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

This season, teams like Swansea and Hull can be safe. Other teams could potentially be dragged in this fight as KTBFFHSWE said, but I doubt that this season. The standards of bigger teams have increased, whilst smaller teams have decreased. Middle are just middle.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@KTB Hopefully for Swansea, you are right. Really one of the team I would like to see remain in the PL. :S

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@Emobot7 , same here really want swansea to stay, i think sigurdsson will pull them out of relegation

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Think you might be right about Burnley after all

diehardMANUTDfan 7 years ago
Manchester United, Indonesia 1 76

At first I thought it's all over for Hull city, but now they have Marco Silva, who also brought in the likes of Niang, Niasse, N'diaye, and Grosicki. Hull should survive. so as Middlesbrough and Swansea. Leicester had a total blast last season, but now they're brought back down to earth. As for Palace, I'm not so sure that they're gonna survive this season.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@diehardMANUTDfan Niang is at Watford though. ;P

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@diahardManutdfan - like emo said, but i agree with you minus niang

diehardMANUTDfan 7 years ago
Manchester United, Indonesia 1 76

@Emobot7&Golefty Sorry for the typo guys

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

Sunderland, Crystal Palace and dare I say it, Leicester.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

I thought Crystal Palace was gonna be save now since they have 31 point and still have 8 game to play instead of 7 or 6 but seeing how they need to play Arsenal, Leicester (who are back in form), Liverpool Spurs, Manchester City, Hull (direct rival for relegation battle) and Manchester United, there is a risk they will get relegated after all. :O Swansea and Hull have much easier game themselve so they might manage to stay up after all.

decentK 7 years ago
Arsenal 38 2896

I was wrong.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

Also, it seem Burnley won't get relegated this year... enter image description here

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

I was wrong about leicester and sunderland damn, but im glad the former pulled it together,

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Emo, curious why do you dislike burnley so much?

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Golefty Well, to be fair, I don't actually hate them, more like I don't really care about them, I act this way toward them as a kind of running gag between myself and I. XD You see, when I first got into football, I found an article in tv trope with a quote in it along the line of:

I like every team in the prem, with the exception of Burnley, I hate Burnley.

Back then, I didn't even knew Burnley but you could say that was my first impression of them. Since then, seeing the their kits colours and emblem hasn't really helped me like them, the fact they don't have any player I know of (with the exception of Joey Barton) mean I really don't care so much about them and they have somewhat of a reputation of being hated (make a research on google, you'll see its true) wich make them perfect target for my banter. But yeah, I seriously don't hate Burnley. I hate them as a joke. That and the fact that if they would have gotten relegated this season, another team I like better could have stayed up. :)

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

@Golefty Well, to be fair, I don't actually hate them, more like I don't really care about them, I act this way toward them as a kind of running gag between myself and I. XD You see, when I first got into football, I found an article in tv trope with that a quote in it along the line of:

Back then, I didn't even knew Burnley but so you could say that was my first impression of them. Since then, seeing the their kits colours and emblem hasn't really helped me like them, the fact they don't have any player I know of (with the exception of Joey Barton) mean I really don't care so much about them and they have somewhat of a reputation of being hated (make a research on google, you'll see its true) wich make them perfect target for my banter. But yeah, I seriously don't hate Burnley. I hate them as a joke. That and the fact that if they don't get relegated, a team I actually like and apreciate wich could have stayed up if Burnley did get relegated will be gone of the EPL by next season.

@Golefty Well, to be fair, I don't actually hate them, more like I don't really care about them, I act this way toward them as a kind of running gag between myself and I. XD You see, when I first got into football, I found an article in tv trope with a quote in it along the line of:

Back then, I didn't even knew Burnley but so you could say that was my first impression of them. Since then, seeing the their kits colours and emblem hasn't really helped me like them, the fact they don't have any player I know of (with the exception of Joey Barton) mean I really don't care so much about them and they have somewhat of a reputation of being hated (make a research on google, you'll see its true) wich make them perfect target for my banter. But yeah, I seriously don't hate Burnley. I hate them as a joke. That and the fact that if they don't get relegated, a team I actually like and apreciate wich could have stayed up if Burnley did get relegated will be gone of the EPL by next season.

Back then, I didn't even knew Burnley but you could say that was my first impression of them. Since then, seeing the their kits colours and emblem hasn't really helped me like them, the fact they don't have any player I know of (with the exception of Joey Barton) mean I really don't care so much about them and they have somewhat of a reputation of being hated (make a research on google, you'll see its true) wich make them perfect target for my banter. But yeah, I seriously don't hate Burnley. I hate them as a joke. That and the fact that if they don't get relegated, a team I actually like and apreciate wich could have stayed up if Burnley did get relegated will be gone of the EPL by next season.

legends16 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 39 783

I'm now going to say Sunderland, Middlesbrough and then either Swansea or Palace.

Despite the tough fixtures, Palace have got a strong squad with Zaha and Sakho who has made a substantial impact since joining the team. Still don't understand why Liverpool sold him.
Swansea have easier fixtures but seem to be running out of steam.

Hull, please please stay up! It is amazing how well they are doing with Marco Silva despite having the weakest squad in the prem as well as a couple of their best players leaving in the january window (Snodgrass, Livermore). Also, all the press were so harsh of Silva's appointment so it is great to see him proving them wrong. Go Silva!

Also, anyone else desperate for Leeds to make it up to the prem next season?