Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

EPL : Relegation Battle 2016/17
Golefty 7 years ago Edited
Toronto FC 27 1016

There is quite the relegation battle forming at the bottom of the table.
The bottom 6 teams are within 2 points of eachother
Middlesbrough - 21
Leicester City -21
Swansea City -21
Hull City - 20
Crystal Palace - 19
Sunderland - 19

Which teams do you think will be relegated and why, also who will survive

Poll for most likely to be relegated

Teams Relegated : Hull, Middlesbrough , and Sunderland

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

There is quite the relegation battle forming at the bottom of the table.
The bottom 6 teams are within 2 points of eachother
Middlesbrough - 21
Leicester City -21
Swansea City -21
Hull City - 20
Crystal Palace - 19
Sunderland - 19

Which teams do you think will be relegated and why, also who will survive

Poll for most likely to be relegated

Comments
Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

I agree with Amir , burnley have played well at home, but have also won some bigger games. I didnt put Burnely in the poll because they are really in a better spot in the table. With six teams this close to relegation, there is alot of important relegations battles (eg . swansea vs sunderland) to be played,

I dont think swansea will be eliminated because they have a talisman in Sigurdsson and i dont want them to be relegated. I know one player may not be enough. I also Think Hull will continue to build on these good performances. I dont know enough about boro to speculate, dont watch them,

so i do think Palace and leicester will fall.

Palace has a lot of great players but none of them are really in form, and leicester is just in terrible form, conceding 3 goals a game is regular for them. I hope they do well in champions league.

not sure who my third is , hard to say for me

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@amit meant Bournemouth. As I said Bournemouth, hull and Burnley to go down.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golefty Wes Morgan and the rest of Leicester defense have been pretty poor from what I saw, guess they gave everything they had last year. :(

Toronto FC 27 1016

@ gonzi coming from somone who supports juve.....
there is a difference between bandwagoning and rooting for the underdogs, everyone loves a cinderella story.

I think more accurate description of bandwagoning would be following a team that is CONSISTENT and more likely to win a trophy year after year, and to be fair , some people live in madrid , or barcelona,or munich or turin and they are just supporting their club, but it you dont then you are kind of bandwagoning too.... for most people bandwagoning is the only option..... not everyone has the luxury of living in a city with an amazing football team

Maybe this comment is better suited for the unpopular opionion thread,

• History

@ gonzi coming from somone who supports juve.....
there is a difference between bandwagoning and rooting for the underdogs, everyone loves a cinderella story.

I think more accurate description of bandwagoning would be following a team that is CONSISTENT and more likely to win a trophy year after year, and to be fair , some people live in madrid , or barcelona,or munich or turin and they are just supporting there club, but it you dont then you are kind of bandwagoning too.... for most people bandwagoning is the only option..... not everyone has the luxury of living in a city with an amazing football team

Maybe this comment is better suited for the unpopular opionion thread,

SunFlash 7 years ago
USA 19 3260

@Gonzi

What you're describing in the second half of that is fair-weather fans. They only follow their local team when it is performing at a high level, otherwise they don't follow the sport.

They're pretty good-natured though, I have no issue with them.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

@golefty 9 points ahead relegation with 13 games to go really doesn't make them safe.. 3 losses and they're there.. and they haven't won any big games except the Pool game in the beginning of the season.. and when they undeservedly beat Everton that were on a really bad run at the time.. I remember we beat them 5 to nil shortly thereafter.. Bottom line, I think you should reconsider.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@KTBFFHSWE i did consider editing the poll, i wasnt sure how actually....

and I do agree with you, things can definitely change,

However the reason i created this post/poll was mostly to talk about how tight those 6 teams are right now, and how important these relegation battles are for those six teams that are within two points of each other.

And as far as odds goo, those 6 teams would be the most likely to go to the championship.

so im not countin out burnley :P

one thing to consider is that this season the top teams are performing better against the bottom teams,
I think this is why there are so many teams this close to relegation
if this trend continues there will not be a lot of point going to these bottom 6,

i actually think the gap between these 6 bottom teams and burnley for eg, will get bigger, and these bottom teams will be in a battle amongst themselves, only time will tell i guess :)

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

@golefty ? i don't even understand what you're trying to get at.

@sunflash. yea you're right sunflash, no issue with them.

i don't care if they're the underdog, i root for my team, if they don't make it to finals, i don't really care who wins. if they are from the same city, it doesn't bother me that they won. the derby though is important. a competition ends when my team gets knocked out, for me at least.

Toronto FC 27 1016

@ gonzi what im saying is that following the biggest teams in europe is also bandwagoning in a way, unless you live in that city. and the reality is that is what most fans do

so saying you hate bandwagoners is harsh

• History

@ gonzi what im saying is that following the biggest teams in europe is also bandwagoning in a way, unless you live in that city. and the reality is that is what most fans do

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

you don't know anyone's experience or connection with the club so you shouldn't make assumptions....

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

okay hate was a strong word, dislike is better. basically i could care less about leicester and it'd be funny to see the champions go down.

Emobot7 7 years ago Edited
538 11435

@Golefty Team that find success draw supporter, thats natural, your not a bandwagoner for supporting a succesful club. As long as you truly support them and actually care for their sucess, I don't think you can be called a bandwagoner. Gonzi said it before, he support Juve because he is attracted to team with Argentine player. Nothing wrong with that.

@Gonzi I agree however that supporting Leicester when they were at the top in the PL isn't a sign of banwagoning either. Its just about supporting the under dog, everybody enjoy a small underdog achieving the feat only a big gun could normaly do. :D

Edit: And yeah, the idea of seeing one day champion become the next day relegated team would be interesting. Would renforce the idea anything can happen in the PL.

• History

@Golefty Team that find success draw supporter, thats natural, your not a bandwagoner for supporting a succesful club. As long as you truly support them and actually care for their sucess, I don't think you can be called a bandwagoner. Gonzi said it before, he support Juve because he is attracted to team with Argentine player. Nothing wrong with that.

@Gonzi I agree however that supporting Leicester when they were at the top in the PL isn't a sign of banwagoning either. Its just about supporting the under dog, everybody enjoy a small underdog achieving the feat only a big gun could normaly do. :D

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

The bigger teams are now more aware of these smaller teams which limits the amount of points smaller teams get against bigger teams. I really don't think Bournemouth will go down. Eddie Howe is good enough to keep them up. Same with Burnley, Dyche seems to have replanned. I don't like them parking the.bus, but it's worked. Burnley know there strengths and weaknesses greatly.

Things can change, but at the moment, I have my reasons as to why Burnley and Bournemouth won't get relegated. I am aware of Ake leaving, but they should still escape the drop.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

But even though that's what I want to see happen :P I don't think it will, from what i've seen, leicester is out of form, some players left to the african cup of nations so the team has to once again play consistently and rebuild that chemistry, plus i think they've had quite a few good buys, hopefully they can perform. also is it just me or....is wes morgan having a terrible season

Toronto FC 27 1016

nowhere did i say bandwagoning was a bad thing?!? and i am definately not assuming that gonzi isnot a true fan, but alot of fans of juve, bayern, real, barca , manchester are bandwagoners and thats just how it is, like you said successful clubs attract fans - you could say i am a bandwagoner for liking dortmund, even tho i have no connection to the club, except that i love BVB

I just dont see how you can say following leicester' success is bandwagoning , if you also admit that successful clubs attract fans
bit of a double standard...

GOnzi i apologize if you felt i was making assumptions about you bro! like i said maybe this was better suited for the unpopular opinion thread

Edit : in a perfect world, leicester is relegated and wins ucl :)

• History

nowhere did i say bandwagoning was a bad thing?!? and i am definately not assuming that gonzi is a not a true fan, but alot of fans of juve, bayern, real, barca , manchester are bandwagoners and thats just how it is, like you said successful clubs attract fans

I just dont see how you can say following leicester' success is bandwagoning , if you also admit that successful clubs attract fans

GOnzi i apologize if you felt i was making assumptions about you bro! like i said maybe this was better suited for the unpopular opinion thread

nowhere did i say bandwagoning was a bad thing?!? and i am definately not assuming that gonzi is a not a true fan, but alot of fans of juve, bayern, real, barca , manchester are bandwagoners and thats just how it is, like you said successful clubs attract fans

nowhere did i say bandwagoning was a bad thing?!? and i am definately not assuming that gonzi isnot a true fan, but alot of fans of juve, bayern, real, barca , manchester are bandwagoners and thats just how it is, like you said successful clubs attract fans

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago Edited

oh no worries, just having a friendly discussion. i think after hearing about what you guys are saying about leicester, my opinion is shifting a little. BTW i can't wait for leicester vs sevilla tbh

• History

oh no worries man, just having a friendly discussion. i think after hearing about what you guys are saying about leicester, my opinion is shifting a little. BTW i can't wait for leicester vs sevilla tbh

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Expecting Sevilla to smash Leicester.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago

^ that's why i can't wait haha

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

Back to the original discussions
@amir those are some great points , unless one of these teams goes on a winning streak , and burnley has a nosedive
THeyll stay in the league

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Golefty

unless one of these teams goes on a winning streak , and burnley has a nosedive
THeyll stay in the league

enter image description here

PS: Did I ever told you I didn't like Burnley. :P