Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champion League Talk
Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

Welp, some teams been knocked out recently so I thought now was good time for sharing thought on the Champion League:

• What are your thought on what is currently going on in the CL?
  • Surprised to see some team through over other?
  • Dissapointed in certain team performance?
  • Any prediction for next round and the upcoming games?
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Welp, some teams been knocked out recently so I thought now was good time for sharing thought on the Champion League. What are your thought on what is currently going on in the CL?

Welp, some teams been knocked out recently so I thought now was good time for sharing thought on the Champion League. What are your thought on what is currently going on in the CL? Surprised to see some team through over other? Dissapointed in certain team performance? Any prediction for next round and the upcoming games?

Comments
amir_keal 3 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

If Madrid get their attack sorted out, I think it could be them, big if though. PSG can beat City if they beat Bayern, but both these teams (especially City) don't have the CL winning experience Madrid have. Even though City are probably the better team, PSG might be a bigger threat to Madrid in the final cause of that experience.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1098

Semi-Final #1 down, tomorrow is #2.

Was MBappe injured??????

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Yes he was. With him in PSG woild certainly be better, but Man City would have still convincingly win both legs.

Pep was a genius, Man City football and coolness was just far beyond PSG. Not to mention PSG's players (some) had really thug and ugly attitude.

I still dont like MC though :(((

DarthFooty 3 years ago

It was an ugly match from the jump. Lots of little kicks, pulls, dives, yelling at the ref. Silly fouls, silly behavior. Too bad it was not against a fully fit team, because excuses will be flowing. We said the same for Bayern when PSG got by them. haha

Hope tomorrow's match is a solid one for both teams.

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

Pitch prevented us from watching a quality football game, both clubs play beautiful football... I saw what Poch was trying to do but it doesn't get results, each time he tried to open play a possession team he took 4 or more. Both goals were from counters I think PSG in both games was the better in first half but City had more intensity, defended as a team, did not commit mistakes and converted their chances. They handled better bad moments of the game in both legs... Icardi should have never started and we'll florenzi-diallo/bakker at the wings are not CL semi material while Zinchenko was key in both legs, he replaced cancelo and the confrontation changed.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Agree with Tiki, PSG showed they were the better team in 45 minutes however City proved they were the better side overall in 90 minutes.

Also, against Bayern, PSG over-achieved in term of goal by occasion imo at least but not against City, poor decision and lack of clinical finish cost them their chance at a come back, that and their lack of resistance over 90 minutes.

Worth noting that Manchester City defence has shown serious improvement from past year which also is a big difference from Barca (alway had problem in defense) and Bayern (with amazing attack but their defence can be exploited). Right now, the remaining teams in CL all have a well organised defence who've come to be able to weather the storm.

As for their attitude in that game, it suck but I think most people are still gonna say that PSG has a weak mentality in face of adversity. Personally, I find it hard to disagree with.

amir_keal 3 years ago

I hear Neymar is having a lot of fun outside Messi and now Mbappe’s shadow lol

Well now things are down to 3 teams. I still don’t rate Chelsea enough to win the CL, but they can make the final. If this happens, City can celebrate the CL, Pep will learn from his fa cup and play a stronger team. If not, Madrid vs City is going to be interesting. Chelsea played a lot better in the first game but wasted a lot of chances

_Pelle_ 3 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6884

Mbappe was injured but I doubt PSG would have won even with him. He wasn’t that good the first game.

City won and they deserved it. Too bad for PSG they had such a hard road to the final.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Pelle Yes, i agree, Mbappe in the first game wasn't able to make a difference and I kinda doubt the second one would have been very different. Still might have helped a bit but a bit doubtful it would have been enough to qualify.

Definetly was a hard results for PSG though considering who they managed to get over to get there. But yeah, it does feel like the best team win in this case.

Footy_watch 3 years ago
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

I think City would've gone past the teams we beat so it doesn't matter how hard the road to the final was.

tiki_taka 3 years ago

I told you in round of 16, Im putting a coin on Chelsea to go far and I predicted Chelsea-Bayern as a final... What's amazing is that I still see some improvement in Chelsea, they still have a bigger potential because they have a very young squad...
Tuchel/Silva, perfect match they both got offloaded from PSG and both had to prove their worth, Thiago Silva needed trust and confidence that Tuchel gave him, and we'll Tuchel must be happy not to deal with players that are worth more than the rest of the squad, he couldn't bench some players at PSG and well I think Tuchel learned a lot from PSG spell...
I want Ziyech in the starting XI, Kante, Silva, Mendy and the German connection, pretty solid squad and solid display overall, look like to a German team with a Spanish midlefield...

It's a coin flip, I don't see City as favourites, City against an intelligent defensive team has problems in changing rythm, keep moving the ball trying to move the block, but Chelsea with kante-azpi and their German attack could defend with 10 players and score with many different ways...
It's a 90 min game, any detail will have its importance, I really don't rule out blues...

Bad buzz for Hazard and courtois, laughing after the game with ex teammates, they are playing in Madrid, not sure they know what they are doing, go check tomorrow Madrid papers I bet they will get murdered..

tiki_taka 3 years ago

@emo Mbappe may have impacted, because Neymar would have more space and someone to carry the attack... But It wouldn't have been enough, they should have scored in fist half but I didn't like the attitude, red cards, stupid tackles, whining about ref, Neymar with solo play...
Neymar and Mbappe 36+30 mil per year, how can you get complete squad with Financial fair play, and then you have Areola 10 mil, direct result from having 2 huge salaries is inflation of average players salary... PSG and Barca commited same mistake with incredible players in some positions, and pieces of wood to complete the line up... I hope laporta can fix this and come back to a healthy model and optimatized salary cap.

DarthFooty 3 years ago

Only because it's a one-match final, I can't favor either team. Had it been two matches aggregate, I would put City as the favorite due to their tactical ability, squad, and health. It can be argued that tactics put them in bad spots when not pushing things to score, but their success rate speaks more volume.

Since it is just one match, Chelsea is just as much in the running and I agree, their offense has started to complement their nasty defense. I saw a number of opportunities to score today with Courtois coming up huge to keep the game close. I also saw the subs come in and turn it up a notch, which against an older team, just makes things all the more difficult.

Now, Mendy was massive for Chelsea, keeping the chances Real did take out of the net. Kante was incredible and does not get enough credit in my opinion.

As for Hazard and Courtois being friendly with ex-teammates, they will get verbally abused, unfortunately. I hope they can just brush it off because most of the people that will complain are doing so from their couch.

uncle_touchy 3 years ago
Manchester United, England 3 123

I'd have to say city are big favourites now, unless Thomas Tuchel can beat Pep. I'd say citeh looks like the more complete team. My money would be on pep.

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Chelsea outclassed Real Madrid yesterday, if they succeeded with half of the chances it could have been still easily 4:0 goal margin, very good game by Chelsea.

expertfootball11 3 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

One of our worst performances of the season

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

My favorite for the final is City but its 51%-49% in my mind.

This Chelsea team was great, Kante, Rudiger, Edouard Mendy were all especially great but its worth noting that Chelsea won this as a team.

Zidane game plan was just bizarre, why put Hazard in the position where Vinicius had been doing really well? And then force Vinicius on a position where he need to defend against Chilwell, something he clearly not experienced enough to do. His team also lacked creativity.

Courtois and Hazard, I feel bad for them, the fans expect them to sacrifice all on the field to try and win it and there they are, enjoying talking with their former team-mates like that was a league game... They are gonna get so many stick in the media. 😅

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1856

I'm annoyed pep didn't play his best team in the fa Cup semi final. He would've got the quadruple

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I dont think it's a coincidence that city have had their best season since Arteta left.

tiki_taka 3 years ago

@emo Zidane relied on Hazard/Ramos champions mentality, hazard playing against his old team he expected him to play the game of his life. Zidane was a champion, he was there in big games even before retirment or with one leg, he has trust in his players and he give them confidence. he played poker, went all in with the hand and the stack remaining and it didnt paid. I would have never put my cards on vinicius, if i have Hazard even at 40%... sadly players flopped and rival defended well. Chelsea won the game its not onlmy Madrid flopping... the game plan was incredible, if they do the same against PEP they have their chances...
Ngolo kante was in cheat mode, best in his position by miles.... wherever he plays trophies come.

amir_keal 3 years ago

Personally I think City should handle this, I think their off the ball movement has been brilliant, Mahrez has been absolutely sublime and has been for years, so happy has finally being trusted.

Pep Guardiola asking his players what he is doing wrong and being open minded is why he is the best manager in the world for me. I never would’ve expected Chelsea to get this far, but now they’re here they can’t be under estimated. The difference between Liverpool and Spurs a few years ago was a lot bigger than this. Saying that through, I would personally be shocked if Chelsea win the CL