Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Champion League Talk
Emobot7 3 years ago Edited
538 11432

Welp, some teams been knocked out recently so I thought now was good time for sharing thought on the Champion League:

• What are your thought on what is currently going on in the CL?
  • Surprised to see some team through over other?
  • Dissapointed in certain team performance?
  • Any prediction for next round and the upcoming games?
  • History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Welp, some teams been knocked out recently so I thought now was good time for sharing thought on the Champion League. What are your thought on what is currently going on in the CL?

Welp, some teams been knocked out recently so I thought now was good time for sharing thought on the Champion League. What are your thought on what is currently going on in the CL? Surprised to see some team through over other? Dissapointed in certain team performance? Any prediction for next round and the upcoming games?

Comments
Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Welp, guess I'll start:

PSG vs Barca: Incredible away game from PSG but Barca really came back in the game in Paris. They played much better and made PSG look quite poor in the first period of that game and if it wouldn't have been for a poor finishing and a missed penalty, Barca might have made a comeback or at least, come close to it. For me, to some degree, they managed to save their honours and are giving me hope of a better Barcelona team in the future.

Dortmund vs Sevilla: Thoses legs were some of the most exciting one to be honest, an 5-4 overall victory by Dortmund permit us to see how regular and talented Haaland really is and I legit thought those game were derby at time with how hot blooded the players were in those two legs.

Porto vs Juventus: This one was the most interesting from a neutral viewpoint. It had everything, an early first leg win for the underdog, a dramatic red card who forced Porto to play with 10 player in the second leg, a comeback by Juventus which lead to overtime and a dramatic away free kick goal in said overtime which permited Porto to qualify over Juventus.

Leipzig vs Liverpool: This one seemed pretty straightfoward but with Liverpool performance in the league, I was half-expecting Leipzig to at least come close to make a comeback. That wasn't the case so congrats on Liverpool for making it through with a very solid 4-0 score overall.

Yusuf_10 3 years ago
Manchester City, England 16 73

well still waiting on city but.. i have a feeling Dortmund will go all the way then ( hope fully) get knocked out by city.

Bayern Munich also stand a good chance this year but i don't have a feeling they will win it.

City.... just don't lose to Dortmund.

Chelsea v Atletico Madrid will be tight but I think Chelsea will come out on top.

Porto just might do an Ajax v Real on a big team.

Real Madrid..........don't look with hazard injured. i just don't have good thoughts for them.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

@Yusuf No idea why you think Dortmund would keep going till they meet City but I would be down for that, would be a great game. I do think City should make it to the next phase anyway.

I agree with your Chelsea prediction as well. Think they will make it through.

Porto, it will be interesting if they manage to pull what they did against Juve vs another team, similar to Ajax who beat both Real and Juve in the same CL like you said. Personally, I'm not convinced but after their win against Juventus, I'll be rooting for them.

Finally, for Real, I don't think they absolutely need Hazard but I do worry about the team fitness. I honestly think that their chance are gonna be a lot slimer if they don't manage to keep the like of Benzema, Kroos and Ramos healty for their CL games.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Welp, no big surprised with the qualification. Most team that ended first of their group qualified as well for the quarter final. Feel like the level is pretty high this year. Will be interesting to see the draw. :D

_Pelle_ 3 years ago
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

Yeah we got Bayern in quarterfinal...

Except for last year... we never get the easier road.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Yep, here the draw:
enter image description here
Yusuf will get his wish of playing Dortmund. Might be a good time for City to try and win Haaland over.

Bayern vs Paris and Real vs Liverpool are both former final from recent years, will be very interesting to see if the team that lost back team manage to get their revenge. I still think you PSG go a better shot at it that Liverpool though.

As for Chelsea vs Porto, unless their form start to waver really badly, its hard to see them lose that.

My prediction for team to get to the next round as of now: PSG, City, Real, Chelsea

Pupper 3 years ago
Juventus 0 214

Porto, Chelsea, RM and Liverpool should all be very happy about this draw. 1 of these teams are guaranteed a place in the final without having to play against maybe the top 3 teams in the world. I think it's stupid that the semi-finals are decided already.

I think the semi-finals will be: City - Bayern, RM - Chelsea.

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

I'm happy we got Bayern Munich, I expect us to knock them out

• History

I'm happy we got bayern Munich, now we can truly prove that we are better

tiki_taka 3 years ago
Barcelona, France 367 9768

City and Chelsea got no excuses right now, Bayern will kick PSG's ass and I can't wait for RM-reds

admin22 3 years ago
Manchester United, Malaysia 0 2

bayern 2021 Champion League Winner

quikzyyy 3 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

This year draw seems so so good! Let's go Porto!

_Pelle_ 3 years ago Edited
Paris Saint-Germain 156 6885

If Neymar isnt fit and playing I give PSG 1% chance of winning. They were good against Barca, but We know barca is not what they used to be and that Bayern are the reigning champs and favorites to win it all again.

I also think Real madrid has a good chance at winning, but its a tough call as both teams have been inconsistent.

Chelsea fans were happy to get Porto, but if Chelsea underestimate Porto, they will be eliminated like Juve.

Finally I think Man City will win against Dortmund because they overall have been better.

• History

If Neymar isnt fit and playing I give PSG 1% chance of winning. They were good against Barca, but We know barca is not what they used to be and that Bayern are the reigning champs and favorites to win it all again.

I also think Real madrid has a good chance at winning, but its a tough call as both teams have been inconsistent.

Chelsea fans were happy to get Porto, but if Chelsea underestimate them, they will be eliminated like Juve.

Finally I think Man City will win against Dortmund because they overall have been better.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

My picks are as follows..

Man City over Dortmund (Despite Dortmund being my fav team out of Germany, I don't see them winning in aggregate against City. They can surely make things interesting, but City is just more complete right now)

Chelsea over Porto (Chelsea's goals are the icing on the cake of their defense. This is a team that has dried up everyone they have faced and their attacking push is finding confidence. Juve was on the older, slower side and I think Porto will struggle against Chelsea)

Bayern over PSG (I would love to see PSG win it, and should they pull through, I can see them finally winning the trophy, but Bayern is as deep and strong as anyone in the world. I don't know that PSG has enough to push Bayern around on aggregate)

Liverpool over Real Madrid (Coin flip almost but I think Liverpool's offense will piece together some good matches and work Real. Of course, you have the defensive worries of Pool, but I see them outscoring Real to win the series)

tuan_jinn 3 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Lol you guys have said anything I wanted to say :/

My add: if PSG played they play against Barcelona, I dont think they would go far. The first leg, they won due to Barca extreme hectic period and utterly poor defense (I still dont get why Pigque played that game). The 2nd leg, Barca was way above, but this also means nothing.

Chelsea vs Porto, I think the spark with new Coach and motivation will soon be gone, and Chelsea will start to struggle, I dont see spark in their play, but I have to say they have much more organized, disciplined team now. 50/50.

Liverpool vs. Real, the hardest one to guess. Liverpool can choke badly if their defend don't pull themselves together.... but once they do (can happen with certain games)... then Real can't beat them.

I dislike Man City, but they are playing the best football ATM.... s...

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

For sure, PSG need a great Neymar and M'bappe for a chance against Bayern.

@Tuan jinn I legit don't think that Chelsea winning ways haven't only been the extra motivation from the new coach. Darth footy once said something along the lien of Tuchel keeping thing simple and I agree with him. Chelsea is a strong team and unless they do really crazy stuff, they don't need to get crazy to get good results. Simple and defensive is definetly the way to go for them.

Seen a lot of people thinking Liverpool might be able to get over Real. Honestly, if Real keep their main players healty, this feel doubtful for me, especially considering Liverpool should still be missing a lot of key defensive player.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Guys, huge news regarding Bayern, Lewandoski been injured and will be sidelined for 4 weeks. He is expected to miss both games against PSG. Honestly, I'm not the kind of person to be happy about a player being injured but I truly feel like this could even the playing field between PSG and Bayern.

If Bayern ever had one major weakness in the past, it was that its player were injury prone. We could another knockout leg where Bayern get eliminated because of an injury to one of its major player.

DarthFooty 3 years ago
Queens Park Rangers, United States 36 1099

Because Lewandoski is that good, this does change things. Be curious to see if someone steps up, if maybe Thomas Muller gets plugged in and finds his old form. This is a positive for PSG but still might not be enough.

Footy_watch 3 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Brazil 23 1858

Yes I am very happy about lewandowski being out. Its not bad to be happy about players getting injured when it's an injury they can easily recover from.

Just as most people doubted my prediction for the barca game, the same thing is set to happen with bayern "I told you so"

• History

Yes I am very happy about lewandowski being out. Its not bad to be happy about players getting injured when it's not an injury they can easily recover from.

Just as most people doubted my prediction for the barca game, the same thing is set to happen

Yes I am very happy about lewandowski being out. Its not bad to be happy about players getting injured when it's an injury they can easily recover from.

Just as most people doubted my prediction for the barca game, the same thing is set to happen

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Be curious to see if someone steps up

Indeed, I think this will be key for Bayern. They got enough quality for it to happen tbh but it doesn't mean there absolutely going to be someone doing it.

Emobot7 3 years ago
538 11432

Guys, you remember when I talked about how Madrid should make it as long as they keep their key player healty? Well Ramos is out for a month. And no, it doesn't seem to be an april fools joke. As usual, I'm not glad about the injury but I feel it will balance the legs between Liverpool and Real Madrid.