Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Calling all United brothers/sisters.
iHEARTfootball 4 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Headlines are saying that Sancho is still our priority for the upcoming transfer window. But the Werner rumours are giving me a headache now because of his release clause, which is half (or less) of what Sancho is. I prefer we continue prioritising on Sancho, since I think our playstyle would benefit more from another attack-minded winger rather than a lone striker.

Just to hear your POV, who would you prefer we get in the summer?

And if there is another player you'd like to give a shout out to, let us know.

Comments
Gennady 4 years ago
Manchester United 284 3961

Sancho any day

amir_keal 4 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

i'd go Sancho, but i do think United could do with a ST, I'm not sure what United's targets are but I don't rate Martial for a club like United. It was good they didn't get Haaland, but they could improve there.

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

I just want a fucking right winger

Not many out there, I'm afraid, Sun. If Sancho's out, Dan James and Greenwood it is then (both are looking promising).

Ledley 4 years ago
Celtic, Australia 46 1310

Werner > Chelsea.

As for Sancho, his price needs to come down👌.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Chelsea look like they are going to have a great transfer window this summer to be honest.

ashwin1729 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

We do not need Sancho. Who will he replace in front 3?

Rashford/Martial/Greenwood as the front 3. Buy Ighalo. James is a good back up. And get a spare striker who can play winger. Sell Lingard.

Pogba/Bruno/Matic(McTominay) in midfield. You probably need a cover for Pogba or Bruno. Fred? Pereria? I say give Pereria a chance for now.

Williams/ Mcguire/Lindelof (Need a CB)/ Bissaka in defense. We need cover in RB. We need a CB. Not happy with Lindelof.

DeGea

I'd honestly sell DeGea- next year or the year after. Give Henderson a chance.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

I'd honestly sell DeGea

Careful what you wish for. It might just happen.

But seriously, I think people are really harsh at time against De Gea. Sure, sometime his form isn't at its best and he make mistake but tbh, what he give to the team make up for it I would think. And he is just soo good when he is a his best. Personnaly, I would get rid of Romero before De Gea if possible and slowly let Henderson prove himself at United in the League cup and Fa Cup.

However, I agree with the other things you said Ashwin.

De Gea's situation is a double edged sword.

To me, he is still a World-class goalkeeper. You don't just single-handedly carry a team for five years at the back, and simply drift away. No, he can definitely bring back the fire at the goalpost, under the right situation. Henderson has a bright future ahead of him, but he's nowhere near as good as De Gea. I'm not going arguing, I KNOW that if it was Henderson instead De Gea during those previous years of turmoil, circumstances would be far worse than it was.

The fact is, De Gea's no longer feeling the competition required for that first GK spot. Romero is a great back-up, but he's not giving De Gea any challenges for that spot. Hell, Romero's probably complacent with that second goalkeeper role, whereas Lee Grant is happy to be the 'extra'. The hierarchy in the Goalkeeper lineup has already been solidified, it's no wonder De Gea isn't feeling the pressure at all, not when the media is bowing to him now for his upcoming 400th appearance (big feat, btw) against Southampton.

If Henderson rejoins the squad, I know he won't be content with being the number 2. That kid's going to fight, which is the right mentality to have at United. The only question is, where does Ole's loyalty lie, in this circumstance? Is it towards De Gea or the club? If it's the club (should be every manager's intentions btw), then bringing back Henderson to the squad is a strong statement to De Gea, would be the absolutely right call.

If De Gea leaves because he no longer receives the regularity of football appearances he used to get when no one was around, then that's just bittersweet. It's some of the tough calls that Ole has to make, as a manager.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

@iHEART Personally, I think the best bet would be to have some rotation going with Henderson just to put a bit of pressure on him to up his level to his very best.

ashwin1729 4 years ago

Coincidence- a day after I make a comment about Lindelof, he concedes at 95th min. What a bottle job.

Yeah, what the hell. Other than all those chances wasted, that one simple mistake at the set piece ended our incredible run. Even though this was a draw, I think all of us thinks this is a loss. That 3rd spot had its doors open for us and we didn't clinch it fully.

But Ole's right - if we're truly a proper team, we need to bounce back from this. Crystal palace will be a tough mental battle.

ashwin1729 4 years ago Edited

I really want us to buy a quality CB and a RB for cover. Shaw can backup Williams on LB.

I'm still not convinced with Ole. Next year is my year for judgement. A better manager, we would have been in top 4.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

I really want us to buy a quality CB and a RB for cover. Shaw can backup Williams on LB.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

Tbh, United isn't the only big team who seem to be much weaker on corner kick but its true that they been especially weak in this area. They lack concentration in defense and in their own half.

Bruno also didn't seem at his usual level in that last game and I hope it was just a stamina issue, United will need him at his best if they still want a shot at that top 4 spot.

ashwin1729 4 years ago

Team is fatigued. Last year- they lost one game and went on a losing streak. Liverpool in early-mid 2000's was like that. Won or lost in streaks. I hope Jose doesn't throw it against Leicester. At this point only United, Chelsea, and LC are competing for top 4. All others are out.

iHEARTfootball 4 years ago Edited

Bloody hell, speaking of De Gea. That performance against Chelsea was absolutely shambles. Talk about going through a dip. If this was Fergie, he'd be fuming and benching him for the next couple of games. Ole should play Romero for the remaining fixtures.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Bloody hell, speaking of De Gea. That performance against Chelsea was absolutely shambles. Talk about going through a dip. If this was Fergie, he'd be fuming and bench him for the next couple of games. Ole is being tested now.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

@iHEARTfootball Tbh I blame Lindelof on that first goal, at this range, this is a really akward shot to stop and it should never happen in the first place.

But yeah, De Gea got no excuse on that second goal, I don't know how he exactly manage to fail to stop such a shot, there is just no way a keeper at this level could make such a mistake without question raised at the very least.

ashwin1729 4 years ago

Ole needs to go. Sorry but player and fatigue management are a coach's job. If you can't do it after coaching for 15+ years, he is failing. Crawling into top 4 with this team is a crime.

In other news, we need to get Thiago Alcantra. Sell a lot dead weight.

Ole needs to go. Sorry but player and fatigue management are a coach's job. If you can't do it after coaching for 15+ years, he is failing. Crawling into top 4 with this team is a crime.
In other news, we need to get Thiago Alcantra. Sell a lot dead weight.

@ashwin

I'm curious. After getting rid of a lot of dead weights already, and bringing in four very crucial signings so far in his tenure (in two windows), AND bringing back that positive energy and nearly-lost United identity, within the team..Why are you still insisting on Ole being out? This has arguably been the best upgrade we've seen since Fergie's retirement, and you're already all for us starting over again, even after giving it try with three other different managers in the past 7 years. I just find that to be completely delusional when you should know yourself, as a United fan, that building things take time.

We started this season with worries about not having a proper striker, nor a creative midfielder - we were never aiming for the title but at least for the top 4. The players themselves only have 2 days rest for the past week also. You should instead be looking at the positives here. We're still in the race, and we have an extra day of rest over Leicester. In other words, we're still in the top 4 race, much thanks to Bruno Fernandes, but especially to Ole for pushing for his signature last January. Apart from Liverpool, this top 4 race hasn't been easy for any club this season. I think a top 4, under our circumstances, is a huge achievement, and will open huge doors for us in the upcoming transfer window ahead. If we get rid of Ole by the end of it, you just brought us back to square 1 yet again.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11426

I agree with iHEARTfootball, considering the situation at the beggining of the season, United have had an incredible second half and the player have finally started to glue together well. Greenwood, Martial, Rashford and Bruno Fernandes are all great together. For me, Ole did a good job, but its obviously isn't over, he need to work on defense again. He need to find a solid partner to Macguire at CB. Once he did that, you'll see that United will be much more consistent. :)