Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Calling all United brothers/sisters.
iHEARTfootball 4 years ago
Manchester United 38 1000

Headlines are saying that Sancho is still our priority for the upcoming transfer window. But the Werner rumours are giving me a headache now because of his release clause, which is half (or less) of what Sancho is. I prefer we continue prioritising on Sancho, since I think our playstyle would benefit more from another attack-minded winger rather than a lone striker.

Just to hear your POV, who would you prefer we get in the summer?

And if there is another player you'd like to give a shout out to, let us know.

Comments
ashwin1729 4 years ago
Manchester United, England 10 704

@iheart: I agree with most things you've said- he has made a positive change in dressing room. He has gotten some of the dead weight. In fact, his way of making people play the game- an organic and instinctive way- is something lacking in managers these days. Everyone has their way, but no one is asking the players to express themselves while playing. I like how he's teaching the game.

But, my biggest sticking point with Ole has been this- he has managed Cardiff- got them relegated. In fact sucked bad but cardiff had some financial issues at the time- so not gonna comment. He has not done that exceptional at Molde. But that's Norway for you. He is in a similar position today as he was last year- and 2 additional wins out of the last 5 games would have gotten us UCL this year, and the team failed miserably because of man management and keeping the same tactics. To be honest, his last 4 games have showed the same lack of man management skills. Like last game, why was Ighalo not brought in till 85th min, when our players are clearly tired? The team is gassed, and he uses the same XI everytime. If we do not make it to UCL, I will blame him. Like i said before, next year is my judgment year for him. If starts real slow, he can be axed. End of the day, football is a business, and United shouldn't be complacent to lose/tie.

uncle_touchy 4 years ago Edited
Manchester United, England 3 123

Calling all United brothers and sisters sign the petition please.

http://chng.it/jkrYfH5246

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.
tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Sancho is better but way too expensive. So Werner for me.

I wanted to see Pogba out, and use all of that money to build the team. Seriously... doesn't matter how good he is on paper and how his fans claim him to be, I just dont see him deliver. He has done a lot better in the 2nd half, I will give him that, but he really breaks the fluidity and the flow that Bruno has brought in

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@tuan_jinn Well, sadly Werner is already going to Chelsea, so it seem like if they want to move for one of those, it would be Sancho.

ashwin1729 4 years ago

Can we get Thiago Alcantra please? Liverpool don't want to pay that much. It would be a steal and imagine a midfield of Alcantra, Pogba and Bruno.

@ashwin, rumours have it that we're in contact with Donny Van Der Beek. No official bid's been placed yet, but would be a fantastic signing. Doubt Thiago will want to join. Not when his head's at somewhere else, which might cause friction on the long run.

ashwin1729 4 years ago

I'm ok with Donny- but 60 mil? not so much. I think Thiago needs some convincing- he's solid.

Donny Van Der Beek to Old Traffford for £35.7m (plus add ons)! Here we go!!!! Couldn't be more excited about a signing.

ashwin1729 4 years ago

Love the player- impractical? He's attacking minded- Bruno/Pogba we already have. The only way it will work is if Pogba will strictly play Box-box or CDM. How will he fit the team? Maybe some sort of odd 3-4-3 formation?

I want Thiago- he can be a carrick type CDM, and a playmaker from the deep. If we get Thiago, we gonna fight for first. With Donny, we still fighting for top 4.

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Not even going to pretend to know a lot about VDB. Ajax fans seem to love him though and he's not pricey so good depth if nothing else.

ashwin1729 4 years ago

He is a CM/CAM player. More attack oriented. The only way Ole can incorporate Bruno, Pogba, and Donny is to play a false 9 formation with Matic at CDM and Martial/Rashford on the wings. That would give you cover with Greenwood, McTominay, Fred, and James on the bench.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@Ashwin I agree with you, from what I've seen and heard, VDB is more of a attacking minded midfielder so I think the best way to use him would be as back-up or a rotation player since putting him, Pogba and Fernandes in a three man midfield would make it really unbalaced. If its for depth and to permit Bruno to rest more, then I'm all for it.

I'm not entire on board wtih Thiago, tbh. We were really pushing for him a few years back, but he turned us down for Pep @ Bayern. Personally, I think that says a lot about the player. 30m for a player whom I don't see is any better than Fred isn't worth it in my books. Hard to see how he'll turn us into title contenders over Donny, when we still need to shorten that 33 point-gap from first place.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@iHEARTfootball Imho, I think you are right about Thiago, he's an older player, never played in PL and no reason to think he would fit with Ole philosophy. Not saying Donny will 100% work in this current Manchester United but I value more highly his chance than Thiago.

I'm hearing rumours about us losing out on Sancho, this transfer window. Alternatives are reportedly Bale for a season-long loan or Perisic. As if we could stoop down any lower than it already is. Reguilon was never our target in the first place, let alone Van De Beek. Fken Bale, for crying out loud. He's the last guy I would want wearing a United shirt.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@iHEART Yeah... if United end up signing Bale instead of Sancho and act like all is good... Then I guess its pretty much prove that it isn't going well. Seriously though, I hope this move doesn't happen. Because at this point, it would be better to let player already in the squad get game time instead of signing Bale imho.

ashwin1729 4 years ago

iHeart: I hope you watched Thiago play today against Chelsea. Total control of the midfield.

Emobot7 4 years ago
538 11432

@ashwin He played very well and seemed very comfortable. He did make a few mistake though so its not like it was the perfect debut for him. Obviously, I think that right now, he is better than Van De Beek, I mean, I alway thought Thiago was very really underated despite being a starter at Bayern for such a long time (and lets be honest, he propably still could have been). If United could have gotten him, they should have went for him imo but at least, there some recomfort knowing that Van De Beek still has room and time to grow.

tuan_jinn 4 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Mid fields we have enough muscle now, I would love Thiago, but Beek is already a great addition, including CL's experience... BUT...

Our defend is an absolute joke....

Maguire and Lindelof are the two biggest disappointment for a looooooong time. Sad

SunFlash 4 years ago
USA 19 3260

Lindelof in particular was horrid, any time a defender is directly at fault for 3 goals you should ask questions. Nevertheless, it's one game. This defense was one of the best in Europe last year. Maybe hold off on the knee0jerk reactions for now.