Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Body building tips?
Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Hello, many of you may not know, but I'm currently body building myself to become the better player as I am right now. Not sure if a lot of you do the same thing, but I certainly do this because although I'm not focusing on football as a career, I identify it as a passionate hobby, and want to get better in order to play for longer periods of time.

I'm currently playing either LB or RB, but I'm setting myself a goal to play Defensive midfield as a main. I definitely want my body to grow bigger and stronger as well increasing my stamina. Although I did set myself a daily exercise routine, I'm more worried about the food I eat.

Serious question: Do any of you know which type of food I should eat at a regular basis? A food that contains an abundance of protein but with low fat, or just any tips of body building? 

Cheers.

Comments
Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

proteins proteins and proteins, and some protein shake should do it... 

Heisinburg 11 years ago

I'd rather drink water instead. Any other tips?

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

Eat lots of carbs. considering you're burning tons of calories playing football, you must eat appropriate amounts of calories if you want to gain any sort of muscle mass. If not, you would just burn your muscle mass away, speaking if you want significant gains. And obviously protein.

Heisinburg 11 years ago

Yes, thanks for that, but WHAT FOOD?

MessiDona 11 years ago
Barcelona, Argentina 19 248

any time you work out/exercise right after your done (10-30min) you have to eat a protein meal with some carbs not to much. Think of carbs as your energy source and protein rebuilds ripped muscle tissue to become bigger.   go to any grocery store and find turkey slices which are like 5-6$ or for 3 euros for you. BUY a shitload and after every workout just snack on that non stop

Also your body can absorb only so much protein. Every 2-3 hours your body can absorb only 30ish grams of protein depending on your body size. So keep loading on that PROTEIN BROOOO

Golden 11 years ago
35 693

My friend, today I'm going to introduce you to a website called 'Google'. Google is a search engine that works very well if you have any questions. Please, have a shot!

No, but really. Try Googling 'Muscle building food' or anything related to food and the body, I'm sure you'll find something useful.

Heisinburg 11 years ago

@MessiDona, cheers mate.

@Golden, Thanks for the advice, but I did this to also find out if any one is also interested in something I like to do as well in this site. Plus, for me, it's more interesting to talk about ourselves rather than constantly debating about the whose the best XI in whatever league.

devilz 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

basically what messidona said. you need to give time for your muscles to rest. so get in a routine, e.g. work out monday rest on tuesday, work out wednesday and thurs then rest on firday and maybe saturday etc. because when you workout your muscles get damaged, so you need to give them time to repair (and when they repair, they produce more blood cells so they get bigger...) and the body builders at my gym eat food like tuna and meat rich in protein etc. and try not to eat as much processed foods if you already do. erm....yeah, hope that helped, try go to a gym and the people there will give you advice if you need it. 

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

All kind of nuts. Find a bag of mixed nuts such as almonds peanuts etc. beef jerky has protein too. 

ikoiko 11 years ago
Arsenal, Spain 53 853

@raimondo, yes NUTS NUTS NUTS are a perfect food. Honestly just don't indulge in junk food, make sure you don't skip meals in a day, and do a little research on what you would like to achieve and you will get answers. I know you said you would rather drink water, which is very vital, but a protein shake here and there will definitely increase your chances of muscle gains. You can throw anything you want into a shake and it's easy to consume. It's an easy way to cram everything you need into one helping.

Heisinburg 11 years ago

really good advice. Thanks a lot!

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Anything high in Protein and and Iron.

Ihaveabbc 11 years ago
Liverpool, England 7 370

Heisinburg, first of all: Have you ever checked how much fat you have in your body? If you have too much, you first have to burn the fat up and after that go to the gym or whatever and then start building your muscles.
You can look up at google or ask a trainer how to burn up all the fat (if you have too much). And nuts are the worst thing you can eat if you have too much fat in your body. I would recommend you a lot of fish, chicken and protein shakes. Don't eat carbohydrates before going to bed and try to avoid food from McDonald's, Burger King, KFC etc. Also very rich in proteins are soya beans. 

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

i love soya beans

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

try roids. Youll grow female breast tissue but youll get big. jokes aside. eat alot of tuna and other kinds of meat. And get alot of fat into your diet!! thats important too...

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I am not a body builder but I know a few things about healthy habits as I used to train in swimming & Track. These tips are helpfull for most people trying to get fit and live healthy lives

Working-Out...
If you are working out at a gym, try to do resistance (Weight lifting) BEFORE cardio. This has been shown to minimize decrease in muscle mass and increase efficacy of a work-out.

As for food habits, I recommend the following
PROTEINS.... 
Chicken = grilled/baked; mimize oils & salt (or seasoning containg salt)
Seafod = canned tuna (in water) or salmon (Grilled, seared, or broiled); avoid lobster & large fish such as swordfish etc. as they are higher in cholresterol & toxins
Tofu = I'm not a fan but it is a good and healthy source of protein
RAW UNSALTED Legumes/Nuts = ESPECIALLY Wallnuts, Pecans, Almonds, Brazil nuts, and hazelnuts; don't go overboard as they have some good fats in them but they are great as snacks or to top oatmeal; Peanut Butter is also good but try to eat it in limited quantities.

Carbohydrates...
*Carbs are basically complexed sugars. Sugars are either used up quickly for immediate energy needs or are stored in your liver and eventually become fat. This is not good! As such, you should eat carbs moderately and those high in unsolube fiber (not absorbed and prevent many fats & toxins from being absorbed).
High FIber Fruits = apples, pears, almost all types of berries etc; *Small Tip - if you want to lose wieght or cut down on the quantity of your food do this (EAT an apple before your meal; wait 2 minutes then began. ou will feel full much quicker.)
Most vegetables = I particularly like romaine lettuce, asparagus, celery (great to dip into Peanut Butter), tomatoes, baby carrots, etc. 
UNPROCESSED OATMEAL/Porridge = avoid flavoured ready-to-eat oatmeal as it is high in sugar; porridge is delicious, easy to make, and filling. I eat these every morning. They are far better than even the "Healhty cereals" because they are higher in fiber but have a much lower glycemic index

Fats...
so called "good fats" are found in seafood, milk, and nuts

Drinks....
I ONLY RECOMMEND DRINKING THE FOLLOWING:
WATER = lots and lots; Ice cold makes you burn slightly more calories as your body tries to warm it.
PURE Coconut Water = the BEST hydrator for during/after work-outs. These have more electorlytes than sprts drinks; Avoid those sports drinks as they are high in calories and often contain uncessary ingredients
Green/Black Teas = high in anti-oxidants and are great soothers. minimize sugar input
Fat-Free Milk = I prefer Organic milk because no ant-biotics and hormones are used but they are more expensive. 

Footaholic 11 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

As for supplements...
You should get your iron levels checked. Most men have normal levels and that's why they stopped putting iron in multi-vitamins but if you have low iron you must replace it as it is vital to getting the most out of your work-out. Natural sources of iron are spinach and liver. If you have a significancy deficiency you need to take iron tablets.

Daily mutli-vitamins are fine in my book. If you eat well they are mostly unecessary. Just expensive urine.

Can't speak for body building supplements as I know fuck-all about that.

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Get use to protein shakes, they are delicious