Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Body building tips?
Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Hello, many of you may not know, but I'm currently body building myself to become the better player as I am right now. Not sure if a lot of you do the same thing, but I certainly do this because although I'm not focusing on football as a career, I identify it as a passionate hobby, and want to get better in order to play for longer periods of time.

I'm currently playing either LB or RB, but I'm setting myself a goal to play Defensive midfield as a main. I definitely want my body to grow bigger and stronger as well increasing my stamina. Although I did set myself a daily exercise routine, I'm more worried about the food I eat.

Serious question: Do any of you know which type of food I should eat at a regular basis? A food that contains an abundance of protein but with low fat, or just any tips of body building? 

Cheers.

Comments
tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

I'm a body builder, in my younger years I was very skinny and so I ate a lot fast food after workouts such as Mcdonalds along with a protein shake to bulk up as it is filled with protein. You will not gain any muscle whatsoever if you don't eat a lot of MEAT/CHICKEN and rest at least two days a week. What lifting weight literally does is stretch your muscles(the bulking effect) and if you overwork them you will tear a muscle, if you don't work enough your muscle will go back to its previous "unstretched" form. In simpler words what protein does for you is heal these stretched muscles so that they become your new original size, without this healing you will stay small and won't gain anything from your workout. Eat lots of carbs before a workout so that you have the energy to actually lift the weights to your full potential without shaking or feeling weak, and then after a good workout you will notice that you are pretty hungry - this is your body craving that protein so now it is time to EAT.

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Examples of food with carbs is pasta, bread, anything made from wheat. A sandwich loaded with chicken and vegetables or some pizza is a perfect preworkout meal. Also drink a lot of milk that is especially important. Protein is found in anything that comes from animals so if you really reallyyyy want to get bigger and stronger then you must be a carnivore when it comes to meat, if you don't really like it get into the habit. Protein shakes are a good replacement but they are bad for your kidneys over the long term use. I do recommend taking them but also eat something after it.