Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best Manager in the world?
amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Who do you think is the best manager in the world right now?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Who do you think is the best manager in the world right now?

Comments
Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@amir_keal I guess its a question of reputation. I sometime feel jose is a bit overated but I can understand any Real, Chelsea, Inter and Porto fan who really love him, he did great thing for all of those club, especially the later three in my opinion. He is one of the best in the very least. ;D

amir_keal 7 years ago

True I suppose.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@amir_keal I said it, of course its true. XD (I'm joking of course)

amir_keal 7 years ago

Lol.

alexis7_afc 7 years ago
Arsenal, England 1 5

what about eddie howe? he got bournemouth from league 1 to the prem in 4 seasons

amir_keal 7 years ago

what about eddie howe? he got bournemouth from league 1 to the prem in 4 seasons

That's a great achievement, I wouldn't mind calling him an underrated manager, but I wouldn't call him the best. People are doubting Zidane, and I suppose the same logic is applied for Howe

Who knows though, he could become something big.

alexis7_afc 7 years ago
Arsenal, England 1 5

True, I guess I meant that he is a underrated manager. Still, I would like to think he could become something big with how young he is.

amir_keal 7 years ago

True.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Here is something for Mourinho by BBC only IN EPL .

enter image description here

Despite a disastrous last season at Chelsea, losing nine of the first 16 league games and departing in December with the team just one point above the relegation zone, Mourinho's win percentage is still better than any manager in Premier League history.

Combining his two spells in England, he won 140 of 212 Premier League games, a win percentage of 66%.

Mourinho had more victories against Liverpool than any other club in the league, having won eight of 12 games against the Merseyside club.

Big-game dominance

Mourinho's record against his title rivals is what has set him apart from the opposition.

Out of 44 Premier League games against Liverpool, Manchester United, Manchester City and Arsenal, Mourinho lost just five times.

Marcus2011 7 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Just saying ... this man still young by managerial years and will definitely go down as the greatest manager of all time . Whether you like it or not or whether you hate him or love him .

And if it was so easy to do what Jose does than i am sure other managers would have done it because apparently Jose spends a lot and has anti football tactics to get results . Please count his net spent and take into consideration that it is every player that comes in fully Mourinho's choice and decision . Something I have realized as of late.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Just saying ... this man still young by managerial years and will definitely go down as the greatest manager of all time . Whether you like it or not or whether you hate him or love him .

And if it was so easy to do what Jose does than i am sure other managers would have done it because apparently Jose spends a lot . Please count his net spent and take into consideration that it is every player that comes in fully Mourinho's choice and decision . Something I have realized as of late.

Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

It is sad that Klopp gets no love. The man is doing well with Rodger's squad. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Marcus

Hmm, not quite sure how many more years Mou will continue to manage. Managing takes a toll on the body as there's a lot of stress involved. Mourinho may be young, but he started managing even younger. I don't think he'll manage for too much longer. Maybe another 7-8 years or so before he realizes that he's getting too exhausted.

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11435

@Dynastian Was gonna say that I disagree with you then I remembered Jose's face since he was sacked from Chelsea, he really does look tired. Maybe you are right. However, considering how long the like of sir Alex as been in the bussiness, I can't help but feel like he could go on for a long while.

amir_keal 7 years ago

I disagree Marcus

Despite a disastrous last season at Chelsea, losing nine of the first
16 league games and departing in December with the team just one point
above the relegation zone, Mourinho's win percentage is still better
than any manager in Premier League history.

Combining his two spells in England, he won 140 of 212 Premier League
games, a win percentage of 66%.

Doesn't Conte have more?

Mourinho had more victories against Liverpool than any other club in the league, having won eight of 12 games against the Merseyside club.

He probably just knows their weaknesses really well

Big-game dominance

Mourinho's record against his title rivals is what has set him apart
from the opposition.

Out of 44 Premier League games against Liverpool, Manchester United,
Manchester City and Arsenal, Mourinho lost just five times.

Nice record, it shows he's preparing for matches. but a lot of his good work comes from his first spell.

I really doubt that claim.

And if it was so easy to do what Jose does than i am sure other managers would have done it because apparently Jose spends a lot and has anti football tactics to get results . Please count his net spent and take into consideration that it is every player that comes in fully Mourinho's choice and decision . Something I have realized as of late.

True, results at the end of the day counts towards the CV, but still, Mourinho has a lot of work done for him

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Two trebles later, Arsenal fans still find it difficult to accept Mourinho as one of the greatest managers of all-time...

amir_keal 7 years ago

If Simeone keeps up his good work, then he will be known as one of the greatest managers of all time. The weight of winning a Champions League is huge, and it seems Atletico are after it this season. Also, when we look at his managerical record, it is considerably improving. The win ratio he has had in the la liga has been 67 percent, and when you consider the amount of players Atletico Madrid have lost in the last couple of years, it really is a great achievement. In the 2015/16, it was at 74 percent. What more can you ask from a manager? They also managed to finish third. Atletico are a great team, but having a manager like Simeone makes them better.

amir_keal 7 years ago

Two trebles later, Arsenal fans still find it difficult to accept Mourinho as one of the greatest managers of all-time...

I never doubted his ability to manage. Yes, I don't really like him all that much, but Marcus said he will be the best manager of all time, which I disagree to. Comparing to SAF. Wouldn't be close.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

I think we know why that might be

Its crazy that Arsenal has never beaten Mourinho in the premiere league

amir_keal 7 years ago

Its crazy that Arsenal has never beaten Mourinho in the premiere league

That's a great fact isn't it? I also find it crazy a team like Dortmund finished bottom in our Champions League group in 2011 12.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

You could also reference the most recent champions league groups containing arsenal and Dortmund that we won, our our champions league title, but that wouldn't support your argument now would it.