Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best Manager in the world?
amir_keal 8 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Who do you think is the best manager in the world right now?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Who do you think is the best manager in the world right now?

Comments
amir_keal 8 years ago

@Legends, true.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

What have mourinho and ancelotti done the past year or two? Nothing while zidane was busy winning the champions league and conte cleaning up the huge mess the mourinho left behind?

Pochettino is also a very very good manager.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@8

Well Ancelotti wasn't managing anyone last season, so that's not really his fault. Why Madrid fired him for Rafa is still baffling. Mourinho's last two years have taken him down a peg on the manager scale. Zidane has done great, but it's only been 1 calendar year. Conte has been doing excellent, but it isn't that unusual for a manager to bring a new formation/system to a league that has never seen it before and do quite well. The league will adapt, the formation will be less effective, and only then imo will we find out how good Conte really is.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

But i thought that we are talking about the best manager in the world RIGHT NOW and not who was the best in the past?
Isn't it obvious that conte is a good manager? He is at the top of the table after chelsea being 15th and went on a 13 games winning streak.
For me guardiolas bayern was more impressive than ancelottis and mourinho hasn't done anything better even tho he knows the league and has the experience with his monster team.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

@8

If we're talking about managerial performance RIGHT NOW it's Ronald Koeman for me. But no one cares about him because he has no pedigree. Pedigree factors into everything, even when we're talking about right now.

Didn't say Conte wasn't a good manager. If you're sitting at the top of the prem, you're a good manager. Does that make him the best in the world? eh. All this talk about Pep's dependence on tiki-taka and how much less effective it was after the world adapted really applies to Conte and his 3-5-2. It might not happen right away, but the EPL will figure out a way to stop it. Happens to every system. Then we get to see Conte without the tactical advantage he gave himself. Of course, because he created said advantage, he's a pretty damn good manager lol.

I'm not super impressed by Bayern in the league, although they are still on top of it, but I'm more curious to see how they perform in the CL. It was always Pep's inadequacies that kept them from reaching the final, and I want to see if Carlo can reverse that. He is, above all, a manager who has his reputation based on the CL.

amir_keal 8 years ago

If we're talking about managerial performance RIGHT NOW it's Ronald Koeman for me.

If you're sitting at the top of the prem, you're a good manager. Does that make him the best in the world?

I'm surprised you put a manager who's team is 7th, but doubt the capabilities of a manager that led his side to 1st. I haven't said either, but between Conte and Koeman, I know what I'm choosing.

amir_keal 8 years ago

Also, Koeman has managed relatively middle class teams, whilst Conte has managed lower sided teams, before his big jump to bigger sides, but Conte has a better managerial record.

tuan_jinn 8 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Zidane is obviously good, but calling him the greatest is as vague as calling Pep, except Pep has won something almost no-one could and can be able to achieve. Real squad is as good as they can be, he has done a great job to make the best out of them though.

For me: Siemone, Conte and Ancelloti in that order

Emobot7 8 years ago
542 11468

@Sunflash Ronald Koeman is a pretty good manager to be fair. Its alway hard to judge a manager on the results of Everton though in my opinion since they are such a peculiar side in a way. Definetly deserve a shout though, especially after the city game.

SunFlash 8 years ago
USA 19 3260

I'm surprised you put a manager who's team is 7th, but doubt the capabilities of a manager that led his side to 1st. I haven't said either, but between Conte and Koeman, I know what I'm choosing.

I doubt Conte because I have not seen him manage in the prem without a significant tactical advantage. If you want an imperfect parallel, it would be like the first season of Pep's tiki taka, just not quite as good. Other teams will adapt, and only then do we find out how good Conte really is.

chelsea8 8 years ago
Chelsea, Iran 17 2219

If eventually people find out how to beat conte 's system he'll change it like he did with juve, with italy and with chelsea at the start of the season.

Dynastian98 8 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Chelsea8

Actually, he couldn't change his system at Juve, which is part of the reason he left. His system didn't work well in the CL, and led to Juve being knocked out by the likes of Galatasaray. He mostly used the 3-5-2 and 4-3-3 variations, which is what he's using in the PL right now. English teams haven't yet seen that formation, so it's taken them by surprise. His teams have had the same style of play for many years now. His Chelsea team play just like his Juventus team.

You forget that almost all managers have the same style of play for practically all their teams. Mourinho has his 4-2-3-1 defensive-minded football, Guardiola has his 4-3-3 possession football, Ancelotti has his 4-3-3 fluid football, etc. The only manager I have heard of changing his style of play over time was Sir Alex Ferguson - which is probably why he was able to excel for almost three decades in the same club. I'm not 100% sure on the Sir Alex one though, maybe someone who's watched his teams in the 90's can confirm.

Marcus2011 8 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

Well call me biased .. i still think that Mourinho still is the best manager in the world . I am sure he will finish top 4 or win Europa League .

Other manager to me is Simeone and Conte . Somewhere near is Pochettino even thought i don't understand how he managed to get knocked out of CL by making such an amateur tactical errors.

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Well call be biased .. i still think that Mourinho still is the best manager in the world . I am sure he will finish top 4 or win Europa League .

Other manager to me is Simeone and Conte . Somewhere near is Pochettino even thought i don't understand how he managed to get knocked out of CL by making such an amateur tactical errors.

amir_keal 8 years ago

At the same time the most amount of money he spent is on Ogbonna if I am correct.

mladen 8 years ago
Manchester United, Yugoslavia 253 2319

Simeone done the best job with fewest number of world class players (just like Mourinho with Porto) and idk how would he fit with teams like Real or Barca. Anyway ,you can't judge who is the best cos it's so dependable ... For me the best are Mourinho,Ancelotti and Simeone. However ,as manager, you have to prove you are the best in many leagues,with many teams,players,competitions... and in the end of career look behind and see how many trophies you have won .

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Mourinho! Best current manager in the world should be based on history too. You don't go from a great manager to an average one in a season. Mourinho!

KTBFFHSWE 8 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Close behind are Conte, Simeone and Ancelotti..

In 5 years time maybe Zidane can be mentioned in the same context as the others. Maybe..

Other than that I agree with dynastian that a good manager is a manager that is able and willing to adapt his tactics..

Emobot7 8 years ago
542 11468

@KTB It should be based on recent history though. :P

RBcity 8 years ago
Manchester City, England 3 29

If u put aside his time at man city then i would say pep...

amir_keal 8 years ago

I don't remember adding a poll but okay.

I don't know why people say Mourinho. His tactics die out after two years. This didn't happen at Porto and Inter due to him only being there for two years