Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Best Manager in the world?
amir_keal 7 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Who do you think is the best manager in the world right now?

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Who do you think is the best manager in the world right now?

Comments
amir_keal 7 years ago

You could also reference the most recent champions league groups
containing arsenal and Dortmund that we won, our our champions league
title, but that wouldn't support your argument now would it.

Let's just say we still managed to go through to the next round.

Golefty 7 years ago
Toronto FC 27 1016

@amir_keal Yes wenger is consistently getting through groupstages, and getting to the group stages, something to be said about that

amir_keal 7 years ago

It is sad that Klopp gets no love. The man is doing well with Rodger's squad. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

Cough Cough.

Seriously, I'm a little surprised about no one giving Enrique a shout, when you consider other managers have been given a shout. He effectively got Ancelotti sacked, and then went on to go 39 matches unbeaten. He probably isn't the best, but when you see Koeman ahead of Enrique, it makes me wonder.

Dynastian98 7 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

How on Earth did Enrique get Ancelotti sacked?

Emobot7 7 years ago
538 11432

@Amir_keal Lets forget about that FA Cup accident yesterday and the fact they got eliminated by southampton in the league semi final... and also the fact they lost to Swansea 3-2 this month. Nah but seriously, other than those 3 and a few other poor performance, the club does seem to have improved a bit under klopp. Their main problem is how small their depth is in term of quality, how they need to fix their defense and how inconsistent they seem to be at time.

Marcus2011 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, England 277 6501

@dynastian

I agree, it can take a toll on Mourinho but I have never see anyone go through so much stress and still wanting to manage .

@amir

A lot of disagreeing .. but you can disagree as much you want and you still won't see Arsenal beating him this season or next or maybe ever .. I will not be going too deep in his tactics, ingenuity and ability to quickly adapt during the game .. .Just will say that Mourinho has done very well against Sir Alex and it is backed by Facts not by opinion .

Even "genius" Guardiola took one year break after his head to head with Mourinho . Yes, Guardiola came on top more often but Mourinho came to shredded apart Real Madrid that was fearing to play against Barcelona . He did exactly what Perez asked him to do and which was to break Barcelona's dominance and even physiologically to break them too . He broke them so hard that I never seen such a fierce rivalry between them that even Spains national team started to divide . Calm and collected Guardiola was getting pissed off at conferences . Calm and collected Xavi started to show his true ugly dumb side and even selfish Iker as well . Despite such a pressure Mourinho endured and only was betrayed within the club .

That brings another point lets also look at pressure he gets not just from club , but fans , board, star players , big season objectives and media on top too . I don't know any other manager who gets so much publicity for whatever he may say as much Mourinho gets . He creates jobs for these scum media . However, he can at the same time use media to his own advantage . Very intelligent manager and not just football wise .

I always say and will say Footballers are more often dumb than any clever but I think if you put Mourinho managing some hedge fund company and give him time to learn industry a bit , he will do just fine there too . He is ultimate strategist that takes into consideration every little detail to get the results he needs . He gets into everyones mind and into your mind too mate ;))) That is why I admire him and that is why i think he will go down as the greatest manager of all time .

amir_keal 7 years ago

At the end of the day, it isn't a fact that SAF is the best manager of all time, rather an opinion.

A lot of disagreeing .. but you can disagree as much you want and you still won't see Arsenal beating him this season or next or maybe ever .. I will not be going too deep in his tactics, ingenuity and ability to quickly adapt during the game .. .Just will say that Mourinho has done very well against Sir Alex and it is backed by Facts not by opinion .

Well, he actually beat Mou in the community shield, but I suppose that doesn't count as a major trophy. Hopefully we beat United. He has done well against SAF. but as a manager and a team, it is vital to consider smaller games as big as bigger matches. To fans, derbys and so called big teams are must win matches, and Mou fits in this category. However, he must show desire in every game.

Even "genius" Guardiola took one year break after his head to head with Mourinho . Yes, Guardiola came on top more often but Mourinho came to shredded apart Real Madrid that was fearing to play against Barcelona . He did exactly what Perez asked him to do and which was to break Barcelona's dominance and even physiologically to break them too . He broke them so hard that I never seen such a fierce rivalry between them that even Spains national team started to divide . Calm and collected Guardiola was getting pissed off at conferences . Calm and collected Xavi started to show his true ugly dumb side and even selfish Iker as well . Despite such a pressure Mourinho endured and only was betrayed within the club .

Perez is one hell of a paranoid person. Barcelona vs Madrid is the biggest and most fiercest rivalry of all time. Parking the bus is one thing, but when you players like Pepe, Ramos ( who I don't consider bad at all), Mou, Perez. you usually consider trouble. Players like CR7, Ramos.. Are all really competitive, and can go overboard. Iker and Mourinho actually didn't get along, leading to Lopez being bought and Adan to be put in goal for a few matches. Perez didn't want leaders like Casillas at Madrid anymore, and to me it was his decision to make Casillas leave, and not Casillas himself. I know he wanted to retire as a legend, not as scum.

That brings another point lets also look at pressure he gets not just from club , but fans , board, star players , big season objectives and media on top too . I don't know any other manager who gets so much publicity for whatever he may say as much Mourinho gets . He creates jobs for these scum media . However, he can at the same time use media to his own advantage . Very intelligent manager and not just football wise .

At the same time, he has shown he can be quite stupid at times. He once said, managers are all buying the title, but it was him who was the first manager to spend 1 billion pounds in the transfer market. He creates jobs, arguments, and is prone to speculation, and unfortunately, he has made himself an easy targets for those people you said he helps ( which in a sense is correct)

I always say and will say Footballers are more often dumb than any clever but I think if you put Mourinho managing some hedge fund company and give him time to learn industry a bit , he will do just fine there too . He is ultimate strategist that takes into consideration every little detail to get the results he needs . He gets into everyones mind and into your mind too mate ;))) That is why I admire him and that is why i think he will go down as the greatest manager of all time .

Hahaha that last bit cracked me up a little,but at the same time, it's not positively, considering I'm an Arsenal fan. He is a good strategist undoubtedly, but at times I have seen United fans complain about players like Fellini (which I don't understand). He is quite clever, and I'll admit that, but when you see what players say of him, you have to look what happens inside. Ivanovic once even said I would rather lose a game under Mourinho than win. Of course, that is never the right mentailty to have, but when you look at what he has created I am not surprised.

Also, about the easy target section, if they don't think highly of him, guess what? A lot of other people won't think highly of him. I consider your viewpoint, as he has a pretty good CV, but unlike SAF and even Wenger, he has been sacked before.

amir_keal 7 years ago

How on Earth did Enrique get Ancelotti sacked?

Obviously not directly, Barcelona had a better 14-15.

amir_keal 7 years ago

Lets forget about that FA Cup accident yesterday and the fact they got eliminated by Southampton in the league semi final... and also the fact they lost to Swansea 3-2 this month. Nah but seriously, other than those 3 and a few other poor performance, the club does seem to have improved a bit under klopp. Their main problem is how small their depth is in term of quality, how they need to fix their defense and how inconsistent they seem to be at time.

Yeah, basically you're right. I think Lovren is a bigger problem, because if you are bigger than Joe Allen, and he is winning headers over you, there's a problem. Matip is a good CB, Klavan is prone to errors, whilst I don't rate Lovren at all. I rated him at Lyon and at Southampton, but I don't think he is good at Liverpool. As for Klopp, he is great at starting from the bottom, but as we saw towards the end of his Dortmund time, he got really bad. Of course, we can't forget his ability to start from scratch. Klopp is a great manager undoubtedly, and can certainly fix those problems you mentioned.

fuckleberryHinn79 7 years ago
Borussia Dortmund, Germany 0 54

van Gaal, Mourinho, Ancelotti, Klopp, Conte

KaKa_CS 7 years ago
AC Milan, Italy 1 910

You forgot to add Wenger. Shame on you.

amir_keal 7 years ago

Trust me on this, If I had made that poll, I would have put him. I don't know how it even got there.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

How did Mourinho get 28% of all votes is beyond me...there is no way he among the top managers in the last one year and that is being generous.

_Gonzi_ 7 years ago
Juventus, Argentina 2 2102

not in the last year, but mou has had an impressive career

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

The problem is the thread is asking right now, not overall career. Mourinho got booted from both Real Madrid and Chelsea and is now not in top 4 with Manchester United even with the massive spendings that club has been doing for the past 2-3 years.
Conte took the same squad that Mourinho was kicked from and broke some record already, Mourinho doesn't adapt his vision, he never lets his players to show everything what they can do but insists on a rigid role in offense and focuses on defence and disciplined transition.

I can argue that right now, Conte, Zidane, Anchelotti are all above Mourinho.

KTBFFHSWE 7 years ago
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Becoming a great manager takes years and a bad year or two don't make them worse.. Mourinho is still in the absolute top in my eyes.

Conte has been superb, no doubt about that. But we did add Luiz and kanté to the squad, both whom have been superb.

amir_keal 7 years ago

Conte has been superb, no doubt about that. But we did add Luiz and kanté to the squad, both whom have been superb.

Despite that, they were not clicking at first. The change of formation helped out.

Golazo111- +1

Wazza2000 7 years ago
Chelsea, England 1 29

Definitely Conte....look at what he has done to Chelsea. From 10th last season to 1st currently this season. That's pretty incredible!

Lodatz 7 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Maybe Unai Emery needs to be on this list...

amir_keal 7 years ago

Lodatz

Maybe Unai Emery needs to be on this list...

Maybe not.