Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD IS..................
nandaYNWA 12 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

In my opinion Australia is the best country in the world. My opinion is not biased, because I have been to many countries. 

Unless you've been there, you cant really say its not . My opinion has just come as if recently on my holiday to England, Israel, Egypt, Greece, Cyprus, turkey, France, Germany and Italy.

I find that the countries who were once upon a time the dominant power in the world (Greece, Italy and Spain) are actually the worst kind of countries. Because the cities are old and do not have a lot of modern features, eg-sewerage system and water maintenance.

Australia's currency is very good. I think it's like 0.80 to the euro and almost equal to the American (just a tad stronger)

We have freedom of speech, which is different to americas version. Say if someone kills someone, they will not be executed, which is both good and bad.

Our cities are divided into resedential, Manufacturing and cbd. Unlike Greece, Italy and England, we do not literally live on top of each other. We have individual houses.

Our government is one of the best in the world. They are not corrupt or prejudiced. There are benefits like if you don't work, you will still be payed a pension or support. Unlike most countries which don't do that.

Very rarely do you ever see beggars, because like I said, if u don't work, you are still payed. I found that in Greece they are everywhere in the city.

Although we do not have very many attractions (like the Acropolis or colosseum) we still have very good sites to see. Like Uluru (biggest rock in the world) ,the great barrier reef (the largest coral reef in the world) and many museums etc.........

The place where I live in Australia (Melbourne) was voted the worlds most livable city in the world, for the 4th time in a row. With other major Australian cities not far behind.

We are not known for our sport, although afl (Aussie rules) is the most popular sport. Which I hate, because I love football with a passion.

This is my opinion, I'd love to hear from people in other countries.

I'm writing this from my hotel in Israel. 

-Alex 

Comments
devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

you're opinion is biased even if you think it's not. everyone's will be (well most people's) Like i think England is the best, but thats because i live in england so i would say that..."Our government is one of the best in the world. They are not corrupt or prejudiced. There are benefits like if you don't work, you will still be payed a pension or support. Unlike most countries which don't do that." dude, pretty much every developed country has that. where do you think tax goes to? anyway why post a thread like this?

raimondo90 12 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

Switzerland and Denmark are two of the nicest countries to live in. Safe very modern and lots of nature. 

nandaYNWA 12 years ago

@devilz
It's nice to have a thread every once in a while that isn't entirely about football. I mean if footyroom didn't want people to post threads that aren't related to football, they wouldn't have made the off topic category. So chill mate.

@raimindo90 
Yeah I hear denmark and switzerland are very nice countries. All of those Scandinavian countries are apparent ally very good. Where do u live?

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

Hehe. I'll just have to put this easy:

Australia is not the best country to live in. Norway has simply been voted as the best country to live in as for each capita. Every person I know (I'm from Norway myself) lives in pretty big and decent houses. However, that's far from it:

Norway has a own system where people who 'can't bear to work' gets a so-called 'social security', where those who wants to do everything else but work earns money through the state. You might wonder how this work, but we get our money from oil. In the very end this will eventually stop though.

Furthemore, here in Norway we all know you guys outside Scandinavia barely know what Norway is. But check wherever you want. Norway is the best country to live in.

Denmark, Sweden, Switzerland, Austria and Australia are also great, but UN has made Norway the best country to live in for the eight year running. I'm sorry. This one I'll win at least.

devilz 12 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

@nandaynwa yeah i also think its great to have off topics threads. what i meant was why did you chose to do a thread like this? just wondering....but after thinking about it, Holland looks pretty awesome. i wouldn't mind going to Amsterdam for a week or 2.

nandaYNWA 12 years ago

Most livable cities:      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_most_livable_cities

4 out of the top 10 are from Australia. 

@devilz
I chose to do a thread like this because after visiting all those countries and experiencing how different they are to my life in Australia, I began to think about the best country to live in.

raimondo90 12 years ago

I live in Argentina. Most parts are very beautiful especially the Patagonia area which I live in. But government is very corrupt. 

GunnerAFC 12 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

Australia is not the best country in the world. 

The best country in the world is either Finland, Denmark or Norway.

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

@raimondo90 I have never been to argentina, your country have seasons? because you are a bit down from the equator (but you cant have it as cold as here in sweden:)...)  And from what i`ve heard, Argentina is one the countries in South america which is least poor..

raimondo90 12 years ago

Yeah we have seasons. And economically we are behind brazil. Second best in South America. 

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

@DonAndres,

Well, I wouldn't say an ordinary source is basically a better argument than the UN themselves. GunnerAFC has got right. Scandinavian countries (Norway, Sweden, Denmark, partly Finland and Iceland as well) are the best to live in.

And nandaYNWA, you need to see the total picture; it doesn't matter if only one of the cities in a country is very rich and wealthy, while the rest of the population is frightening poor. And that's not the case in Norway.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2011-11-03/australia-is-second-best-place3a-un/3620398

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

I think the question is an impossible one to answer, simply because different people have different tastes. That's not to say it isn't an interesting topic.
For my piece, all I can say is that I absolutely love to travel and I like to experience cultures that are different to my own. The more different, the better. I have personally stayed more than a month in Turkey, Argentina & Brasil, Mexico, USA, and Egypt. I had more brief visits to England, Italy, and Holland.

I live in the USA and I couldn't tell you what the BEST place in this country is, let alone the world. If I had to choose a place to move to I would say these are the criteria that I would look for: a peaceful place, with respectful people, good enough economy, and plenty of open space/natural envrionments. If the place is of historical significance, even better (I'm a sucker for history).

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

Footaholic, I suggest you jump on the first plane to Norway.

Dynastian98 12 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

What about Canada guys? No one been to my country?

Tolangi 12 years ago
Chelsea, Canada 1 29

Canada is the best country. First of all, it belongs to G7 which is the group of dominant powers. We have the best social security system and medical care, and the price level is relatively low(higher than the level of USA but at least way lower than that of Australia). We also have bunch of oil sand and many kinds of resources. Unlike USA and Australia, we've never massacred natives - that means we have really nice and peaceful history. Canada has NO racism and respect ethnic and cultural diversity; in Australia, Asians should suffer huge amount of racism. We also have freedom of speech and blah blah... "in my opinion" Canada is the best country in the world and way better than Australia. 

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

You can argue as much as you want about this, but that doesn't necessarily mean you come anywhere with it. Norway is currently the best country to live in. Accept it or not, but I follow the UN's factual statements - not a personal opinion.

koldimere 12 years ago
Arsenal, Germany 86 974

It's very hard to give an unbiased opinion in subjects like religion, country and especially music. And I  never thought I would say this but I have to agree with Golden (ugh...) Norway is one of the best countries to live in. The data and stats don't lie. Norway and other Scandanavian countries are ideal economically and socially speaking. It's not perfect but it's worth it. Except for the weather I'd say Norway is a nice place to settle down. Plus Finland, Norway and Sweden are where some of my favorite heavy metal bands are from.

As far as Australia is concerned, there was a lot of racial tension between whites and Indian folk. So some of my attraction for Australia was hindered by that but nonetheless I'm sure they've improved. And yes Australia is a decent place to live in.

USA isn't the best places to live (politically speaking) but by God California is amazing! Especially the weather! It's sunny the whole year. Tolangi and Dynastian98 are also agreeable. Canada is a great place to live. The people are very friendly (as far as I have experienced) and there's a bit of native culture there.  

In summary: Australia, Norway and Canada would be my top places to live. 

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Yes, which country you think is the best is subjective. It all depends on your political views and how you are as a person...

MatthewHerb 12 years ago
Liverpool, United States 5 72

I'm not trying to be prejudiced but Aussies are very sarcastic in nature. But on the other hand, I admire Australia. It's is a nice place to stay and it's amazing how a country designated for prisoners from England turned into present Australia! 

Regarding places to live...I can tell where not to live: Nebraska and the entire Midwest of USA. Those are for people who gave up on their dreams XD

Discussion Closed