Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD IS..................
nandaYNWA 12 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

In my opinion Australia is the best country in the world. My opinion is not biased, because I have been to many countries. 

Unless you've been there, you cant really say its not . My opinion has just come as if recently on my holiday to England, Israel, Egypt, Greece, Cyprus, turkey, France, Germany and Italy.

I find that the countries who were once upon a time the dominant power in the world (Greece, Italy and Spain) are actually the worst kind of countries. Because the cities are old and do not have a lot of modern features, eg-sewerage system and water maintenance.

Australia's currency is very good. I think it's like 0.80 to the euro and almost equal to the American (just a tad stronger)

We have freedom of speech, which is different to americas version. Say if someone kills someone, they will not be executed, which is both good and bad.

Our cities are divided into resedential, Manufacturing and cbd. Unlike Greece, Italy and England, we do not literally live on top of each other. We have individual houses.

Our government is one of the best in the world. They are not corrupt or prejudiced. There are benefits like if you don't work, you will still be payed a pension or support. Unlike most countries which don't do that.

Very rarely do you ever see beggars, because like I said, if u don't work, you are still payed. I found that in Greece they are everywhere in the city.

Although we do not have very many attractions (like the Acropolis or colosseum) we still have very good sites to see. Like Uluru (biggest rock in the world) ,the great barrier reef (the largest coral reef in the world) and many museums etc.........

The place where I live in Australia (Melbourne) was voted the worlds most livable city in the world, for the 4th time in a row. With other major Australian cities not far behind.

We are not known for our sport, although afl (Aussie rules) is the most popular sport. Which I hate, because I love football with a passion.

This is my opinion, I'd love to hear from people in other countries.

I'm writing this from my hotel in Israel. 

-Alex 

Comments
Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@Golden et al: I am aware that Scandinavian/Nordic countries are considered some of the best but I forgot to mention the most important Criterion: WARM WEATHER. I absolutely abhor the cold and if I wanted to go somewhere I would like a place without a winter season (I can deal with Autumn & Spring).
@Tolangi: I'm not sure that's accurate to be fair. Their are numerous reports of massacres of Canadian Aboriginals by British & French Colonists. However, the scale was much smaller and not nearly as systematic as that of the US (Canad had a smaller population and fewer colonial settlements).
Anyway, the Canadians I've come across have been very nice and seem pretty chill but I was extremely bored up there when I visited some family. Montreal was cool though.

man_utd 12 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 91 1444

I don't think there's a "best country in the world" and people saying Country A is not the best or Country A is the best is a little arrogant (although it's patriotism).
But I've always wanted to live in New Zealand. :D

MKdons 12 years ago
Levante UD, England 0 22

MILTON KEYNES!!!

Tolangi 12 years ago
Chelsea, Canada 1 29

@Footaholic The amount of population is just meaningless. Australia also had fewer settlements but they had some "systematic" massacres toward Aboriginals. I guess Canada also had some troubles between settlers and natives in the early times but they've generally tried to solve problems by communication and compromise; Nunavut is one of the greatest examples. We now respect the Native culture and their society, and we all take pride in that kinda history of tolerance.  

ChelseaRox10 12 years ago
Chelsea, England U19 142 979

My favorites are Turkey and Cyprus, there so much alike and really green. I went to turkey this year for summer and went to Cyprus last year, my favorite part of Cyprus is that is has the biggest watermark in Europe 

Trollman 12 years ago
Chelsea, Egypt 32 525

Oh how did you like Egypt? Its pretty messy eh? People get used to it if they live in Egypt for a while.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

I'm living in Canada, there are some places that are really unsafe and bla bla... But now with the new goverment, there will be more automony. Our people are friendly, cities aren't so crowded. Many young students try to succeed here and I'm glad that we are getting heard.
As far as I know, never in Canada there was a huge racial problem. We have quality schools.
@Koldimere: You are right, Scandinavia is a safe and lovely place to live. But in Finland, you have a lot arm selling so there is many shootings. But Sweden is the ideal place if you wanna protect the enviromment.

expertfootball11 12 years ago
Real Madrid, France 64 2837

i know that Uruguay is quiet and seems a fun place to live. There are many jobs and money.

username 12 years ago

NO ONE VISITED EVERY COUNTRY HOW CAN U SAY WHICH IS BEST .. HAVE SOME SENSE

Heisinburg 12 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

Stupid and unnecessary post.

username 12 years ago

Let's not live in Norway because Breivik supporters (which are half of Norway) all hate foreigners (everyone who's not white) and one of them is @Golden. I know for a fact that he loves Breivik and wouldn't think twice about killing and murdering children because he actually hailed Breivik in a forum post.

nandaYNWA 12 years ago
Liverpool, Australia 87 946

@tolangi
Australia back then (when they massacred the aborigines) was and English colony. They were not Australian themselves. But a lot of Australians have originated from those prisoners. 

@golden
Absolutely no one in Australia lives in poverty. Not even the refugees who try to come to Australia (from Indonesia, east Timor etc) live in poverty. They live in 5 star hotels. 

@EVERYONE
but after thinking a lot about this topic, I've come to the realization that there is no BEST county to live in. Australia, Denmark, Germany, Canada, sweeden, Switzerland and Norway are probably the best though.

The OCED is the official organization that does this sort of ranking. 

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/13764167/oecd-rates-australia-worlds-best-nation/

knibis 12 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Why not Kyrgyzstan, youre so far away from everything that noone will hear from you again.. and while youre there kidnap a wife for yourself.

Take it as a practical joke, wake up one morning and scream: Im going to Kyrgyzstan!!! call your friends and bring them along.

ramaboy10 12 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Definately biased. Thats like me saying England are the best team in the world, even though they got destroyed in 2010 4-1 to Germany. 

MKdons 12 years ago
Levante UD, England 0 22

Jordan.

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

@username ➭ Oh, wait. You say half of norway are 'Breivik-supporters'? I'd say near 2-3 percent of the Norwegian population are. Where do you get those idiotic facts from? Besides, I remember when I talked about Breivik; it was NOT meant as a hail or praise, it was meant as a heat speach.

@nandaYNWA ➭ Neither do anybody in Norway live in poverty, but both you and I know that the part about 5-star hotels is clean bullshit. No need to exaggerate.

username 12 years ago

@golden shut up maggot. What do facts matter when I am the fact. Norway is full of uptight, cautious, white supremist, anti multiculturalist, gun toting maniacs (probably like you and your family). It's funny because last time I checked Varg Vikernes killed a guy in the name of satan and smiled when he heard his guilty verdict (do all norwegians smile when they kill a person?), 100 yr old UN heritage site churches have been burnt to the ground, black metal is embraced by young children who have been corrupted and become emo (that's sad), and yes innocent teenagers getting murdered in cold blood while Norway's hero (Anders Breivik) is sentenced to just 22 yrs in prison with a minimum of 10 yrs (for murdering 77 people). And yet you have the gall to say Norway is a place to live? I'd rather live in Iraq than live with crazy homicidal racist pigs like you. I've never been to norway and I don't want to either. THe people there are as cold as the weather. Probably filled with satanist, extremist, black metal listening, white supremists like you. Soon the islamist population in norway will lead a civil war in your country against the rest of the norwegian population. Let's see norway last till then. I bet you're the type of person who would push his own grandmother down the staircase and kill her just to get her will. You're the type of person who would skin a puppy alive and watch it burn to death. Typical norwegian punk. Now go support your hero breivik and send him love cards. After all the killings of those multicultural pigs in Utoya were justified am I right??

Footaholic 12 years ago
Arsenal, Egypt 178 2277

@username: Dude, WTF? I cannot begin to fathom the madness of your rant. The amount of things that are disturbing about it are astounding. Thanks for ruining a thread meant to show the positive things about different countries. WTF is wrong with people on FR these days?

Golden 12 years ago
35 693

Just going to post this right here as well.

username, you've got some really hateful shit inside you. From your profile,
you live in Malaysia. How the hell do you allow yourself to speak like
that? You say most of the Norwegian people like this guy? The reason
why he got a short-timed imprisonment is because the criminal laws in
Norway are frightening short. Anyway, you know what? I can't even take you
serious when you say he's "Norway's hero". Disgraceful and disrespectful.

MatthewHerb 12 years ago
Liverpool, United States 5 72

I...I don't know where to begin...reading username's comment...I don't think I'll sleep tonight...

Discussion Closed