Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

"Barcelona and Real Madrid would not dominate in the Premier League"
KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago Edited
Chelsea FC, Sweden 52 2449

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes that giants Barcelona and Real Madrid would not dominate in the Premier League in the same way as they do in La Liga. The Chelsea manager, who won La Liga once in his three year spell at Real Madrid, claims the two clubs would struggle in England because there is too much competition, even from lower league teams in cup competitions.

"I was in Spain, but I didn’t enjoy," he told TalkSPORT. "I didn’t enjoy it because I won a title with a record in Spain with 100 points and 121 goals, but we played only three or four matches all season."

"I lost a title with 92 points, but again we played only four or five matches in the season. “You feel the pressure that you have to win every match because if you don’t you are not champions. You have to win and win and win. But it is a big, big gap between the giants and the others."

"I think the difference between the two leagues [Premier League and La Liga] is huge. Would they [Barcelona or Real Madrid] win the Premier League? Maybe yes. Maybe not."

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/barcelona-and-real-madrid-would-not-dominate-in-the-premier-league-says-chelsea-manager-jose-mourinho-10260077.html

Considering Barcelona average about 1.05 in odds against the average-weaker teams (meaning that the betting sites believe that Barcelona will WIN 19 out of 20 games against that opposition and STILL have a margin of profit return) I think he might be on to something here. Yes, both Barcelona and Real Madrid are way better than the top teams in England. Note, I'm not arguing this very fact. But when teams have "privileges" like Barca or Real (You know what I mean right ;) ) it's not weird that either team win year after year.

Barcelona etc currently have 103-19 in goal-difference (19-0 in the last 5 league matches). and have taken 37 out of 39 points in the last 13.

Meanwhile Chelsea who totally dominates the BPL has taken 27 out of 37 possible points.

What are your thoughts? Would Barcelona and Real Madrid dominate in the BPL or do you agree with Mourinho who actually managed Real for 3 consecutive years?

picture credit:liomessi10

• History
Showing previous versions of this text.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes that giants Barcelona and Real
Madrid would not dominate in the Premier League in the same way as they
do in La Liga. The Chelsea manager, who won La Liga once in his three year spell at
Real Madrid, claims the two clubs would struggle in England because
there is too much competition, even from lower league teams in cup
competitions.

"I was in Spain, but I didn’t enjoy," he told TalkSPORT.
"I didn’t enjoy it because I won a title with a record in Spain with
100 points and 121 goals, but we played only three or four matches all
season."

"I lost a title with 92 points, but again we played only four or five matches in the season.

“You feel the pressure that you have to win every match because if you
don’t you are not champions. You have to win and win and win. But it is a
big, big gap between the giants and the others."

"I think the difference between the two leagues [Premier League and La
Liga] is huge. Would they [Barcelona or Real Madrid] win the Premier
League? Maybe yes. Maybe not."

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/barcelona-and-real-madrid-would-not-dominate-in-the-premier-league-says-chelsea-manager-jose-mourinho-10260077.html

Considering Barcelona average about 1.05 in odds against the average-weaker teams (meaning that the betting sites believe that Barcelona will WIN 19 out of 20 games against that opposition and STILL have a margin of profit return) I think he might be on to something here. Yes, both Barcelona and Real Madrid are way better than the top teams in England. Note, I'm not arguing this very fact. But when teams have "priviligies" like Barca or Real (You know what I mean right ;) ) it's not weird that either team win year after year.

Barcelona etc currently have 103-19 in goal-difference (19-0 in the last 5 league matches). and have taken 37 out of 39 points in the last 13.

Meanwhile Chelsea who totally dominates the BPL has taken 27 out of 37 possible points.

What are your thoughts? Would Barcelona and Real Madrid dominate in the BPL or do you agree with Mourinho who actually manages Real for 3 consecutive years?

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho believes that giants Barcelona and Real Madrid would not dominate in the Premier League in the same way as they do in La Liga. The Chelsea manager, who won La Liga once in his three year spell at Real Madrid, claims the two clubs would struggle in England because there is too much competition, even from lower league teams in cup competitions.

"I was in Spain, but I didn’t enjoy," he told TalkSPORT. "I didn’t enjoy it because I won a title with a record in Spain with 100 points and 121 goals, but we played only three or four matches all season."

"I lost a title with 92 points, but again we played only four or five matches in the season. “You feel the pressure that you have to win every match because if you don’t you are not champions. You have to win and win and win. But it is a big, big gap between the giants and the others."

"I think the difference between the two leagues [Premier League and La Liga] is huge. Would they [Barcelona or Real Madrid] win the Premier League? Maybe yes. Maybe not."

Considering Barcelona average about 1.05 in odds against the average-weaker teams (meaning that the betting sites believe that Barcelona will WIN 19 out of 20 games against that opposition and STILL have a margin of profit return) I think he might be on to something here. Yes, both Barcelona and Real Madrid are way better than the top teams in England. Note, I'm not arguing this very fact. But when teams have "priviligies" like Barca or Real (You know what I mean right ;) ) it's not weird that either team win year after year.

What are your thoughts? Would Barcelona and Real Madrid dominate in the BPL or do you agree with Mourinho who actually manages Real for 3 consecutive years?

What are your thoughts? Would Barcelona and Real Madrid dominate in the BPL or do you agree with Mourinho who actually managed Real for 3 consecutive years?

Comments
TheGame 9 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

@D,

United can hardly string together 15 passes in a row.

Lol. That's all we do. Have you seen our possession stats?

Dynastian98 9 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@TheGame

I have watched numerous United games. Possession doesn't do much when it just leads to crosses. Direct attacks are the most effective, and United does not do much of that from what I've seen them. Granted, the last United game I've seen is the one against Villa where Rooney scored that screamer. My judgments on United have been made from the games before that.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

My God people let's live in real life for a second and not an imaginary world. Real Madrid and Barcelona are a tough teams in a poor league and that's a fact. They are the only two that spends big since ages in La Liga while in the Epl everyone gets to spend and get rewarded at the end of the season. The Epl is by miles competitive and anything could happen in any match.

Madridista11 9 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

"Real Madrid and Barcelona are a tough teams in a poor league."
That's not the case.. La Liga is a strong league that has 3 outstanding teams. You guys make it look as if La Liga is nothing without Barcelona and the two Madrid clubs, that isn't the case. Just llke my fellow La Liga fans have said, English teams have been completely demolished by other European teams. Everton, City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs, and Chelsea are great proof. Not to mention that aside from Everton, the rest of the teams are in the top six.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

@Alex: Yeah right mate... in that sense J-League, CN, K-League, and especially V-league would be THE UTMOST competitive leagues in the world since they have new champ every year and everyone can beat each other.

• History

Yeah right mate... in that sense J-League, CN, K-League, and especially V-league would be THE UTMOST competitive leagues in the world since they have new champ every year and everyone can beat each other.

Madridista11 9 years ago

Let's face it guys, the present English is not comparable with last decades English league. Ever since 2012 (After Chelsea's UCL) PL teams have not been the same. In every year, the PL get's its ass handed to it by the Italian, German, and Spanish teams. The truth is bitter. Is it still the most entertaining league? Absolutely. Is it still the strongest? I think not.

Madridista11 9 years ago

@Tuan you've missed the point. What I was saying is without the 3 teams, La Liga could Rival the PL. And that is my humble opinion.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago Edited

To me, La Liga is the most technical high quality league to watch. (I only watch teams that are in top 10 or Barca or Real), sometimes just live the TV on unless my gf switch to another channel.

EPL has it own attractiveness... the stadium the fans, the concentration, best atmostphere... but sometimes watching EPL is painful, like watching bunch of headless chickens run fast rush rush rush, make so many bad passes, unforced errors. boring failed counter and then run back... Except MU's games, I tend to not watch them that often anymore... unless good games from Chelsea or Arsenal.

Series A used to be the best, but nowaday it's pretty ****.

• History

To me, La Liga is the most technical high quality league to watch. (I only watch teams that are in top 10 or Barca or Real), sometimes just live the TV on unless my gf switch to another channel.

EPL has it own attractiveness... the stadium the fans, the concentration... but sometimes watching EPL is painful, like watching bunch of headless chicken run fast rush rush rush, make so many ban passes, boring failed counter and then run back... Except MU's games, I tend to not watch them that often anymore... unless good games from Chelsea or Arsenal

Series A used to be the best, but nowaday it's pretty shit.

tuan_jinn 9 years ago

@Madridista: sorry I was replying to @Alex but then you replied in between

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited
Barcelona, France 367 9768

@Alex Considering the UEFA coefficient lately, the one living in a paralel world is you mate...
PL top teams cant even dominate average europeen teams, except Chelsea ( and they couldnt do it consistently ) PL teams failed to show any strenght outside PL, i dont think they only show their power in their domestic league...
If they were that strong, Europeen results would follow naturally like it used to be in the past, and its really not the case....

I will stop here, Mourinho's mind games arent for me worth of discussion, its like when he was bitter and criticized Ronaldo while he used to say he was Number 1 when he was coaching him...
With current Madrid squad managed by Mourinho in PL, 100 pts there is possible, i dont see Burnley stopping BBC, Isco, James, Kroos, Marcelo, Modric, Ramos, Varane and Co...

Burnley got points from City, but CSKA got points, As Roma Got points...
Basel got 4pts from Liverpool, Ludogretz got points, Besiktas eleminated them from EL...

The fact they were poor this year doesnt make their rivals stronger, at this rate Getafe will take points from them, Elche, Espagnol and Vigo will surely take points, if you arent strong enough you loose points and you should take some responsability on it, not just praise the rival. It doesnt work that way.

• History

@Alex Considering the UEFA coefficient lately, the one living in a paralel world is you mate...
PL top teams cant even dominate average europeen teams, except Chelsea ( and they could do it consistently ) PL teams failed to show any strenght outside PL, i dont think they only show their power in their domestic league...
If they were that strong, Europeen results would follow naturally like it used to be in the past, and its really not the case....

I will stop here, Mourinho's mind games arent for me worth of discussion, its like when he was bitter and criticized Ronaldo while he used to say he was Number 1 when he was coaching him...
With current Madrid squad managed by Mourinho in PL, 100 pts there is possible, i dont see Burnley stopping BBC, Isco, James, Kroos, Marcelo, Modric, Ramos, Varane and Co...

Burnley got points from City, nut CSKA got points, As Roma Got points...
Basel got 4pts from Liverpool, Ludogretz got points, Besiktas eleminated them from EL...

The fact they were poor this year doesnt make their rivals stronger, at this rate Getafe will take points from them, Elche, Espagnol and Vigo will surely take points, if you arent strong enough you loose points and you should take some responsability on it, not just praise the rival. It doesnt work that way.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago Edited

@emrecan Meeting Burnley and Hull away are not as easy as you seem to think. No guaranteed win there at all, which is reflected in the odds. Would Barca, Real, Athletico or Valencia fear Ameria? I don't think so.

@raimondo It's his opinion and he should know a thing or two. Not taking anything away from MSN because they're an amazing attacking trio but they wouldn't score even close to that many goals together in the EPL. Not. Even. Close.

• History

@emrecan Meeting Burnley and Hull away are not as easy as you seem to think. No guaranteed win there at all, which is reflected in the odds. Would Barca, Real, Athletico or Valencia fear Ameria? I don't think so.

@raimondo It's his opinion and he should know a thing or two. Not taking anything away from MSN because they're an amazing aqttacking trio but they wouldnät score even close to that many goals together in the EPL. Not. Even. Close.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Suarez wont score goals in PL, ohhh wait...

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

"The fact they were poor this year doesnt make their rivals stronger,
at this rate Getafe will take points from them, Elche, Espagnol and
Vigo will surely take points" hm. Yeah right. SURELY. Those teams are garbage mate.

tiki_taka 9 years ago Edited

You have never watched Celta Vigo playing, If Getafe is garbage, Burnley are garbage as well...

• History

You have never watched Celta Vigo playing, Burnley are garbage as well...

You have never watched Celta Vigo playing, Burnley are garbage as well if so...

Jimbet 9 years ago Edited
Arsenal, Malaysia 12 1292

i think Real and Barca will be top 2 in BPL though. that is just for 1 season. next season may be not the case. that is my opinion.

• History

i think Real and Barca will be top 2 in BPL though. that is for just 1 season. next season may be not the case. that is my opinion.

KTBFFHSWE 9 years ago

Especially Getafe. Comeon? Getafe have got 2 points from the last 7 games and has never even won a trophy.. but yeah surely they would take points from the top teams in the EPL. hm. The ignorance is strong in this one. The weak teams in La Liga are way weaker than the weak teams in the EPL. WAY weaker. They wouldn't even score in the EPL.

quikzyyy 9 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

I wish teams from EPL would play with teams from La Liga, to end this discussion for once and all.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

We can't identify how competitive a league is from European competitions since everyone in the EPL is focusing on the league. I only blame the matches schedule for our poor European results. Notice when Chelsea were 6th on the table with no hope to finish top 4 due to our aging squad and poor performance, we gave it our all to win the CL and we did the impossible while we got trashed in the league against Liverpool 4-1, because we were focusing only on the CL. For an English club, winning the EPL is much more important than the CL or EL. Give us La Liga's match schedule and you will see a much better results. Some other would say and it's true, give us the UEFA love that they give to RM & Barcelona and we would as well.

AlexBatak 9 years ago
Chelsea, Italy 204 2707

75% of La Liga fans are either Real Madrid or Barcelona fans. and Let's be honest, not many of these fans watch any other matches other than their teams or just when Real Madrid plays against Barcelona. You can also see that on the match highlights that no one cares about the other matches.

tiki_taka 9 years ago

Yeah thats UEFA's fault, of course...