Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Would you rather loose like Arsenal or PSG?
quikzyyy 7 years ago
Arsenal 429 9002

Simple question, if you was in a position to choose between these 2 options of being knocked out of UCL, what would you pick?

Comments
Madridista11 7 years ago
Real Madrid, Somalia 41 831

It all has to do with what you're expecting at the end of the day. An Arsenalic defeat to Barcelona, Bayern, or Real Madrid is an embarrassment. So a loss like PSG, although VERY depressing, is preferable. An Arsenalic defeat fits teams, lets say, Arsenal? Trust me, I mean no disrespect to Arsenal fans (I actually like Arsenal and their condition kinda disappoints me) but even Arsenal fans were numb to the loss because they didn't expect anything more than them. So to answer your question, As a proud Madridista, a PSGic loss is less painful.

tuan_jinn 7 years ago
Manchester United, Netherlands 198 6912

Alright, do you guys think Bayern or any team that was beaten by Arsenal in a "second round" would let Arsenal win that easily if they hadn't defeated Arsenal heavily in the first round?

My point is, those teams would still have a respectable line up, but no one would give 100% of their ability to crush Arsenal once again and risk their Injuries.

In the end you will see a similar pattern which leads to think Arsenal is just as good and a bit unlucky.

With that being said, Arsenal is indeed sh!et ass unlucky with the draw though.

JozeMourinho 7 years ago
Chelsea, Greece 18 1254

@tuan_jinn

So wrong...Carlo was frustrated in half-time Bayern woke up and the red card made the rest. Watching him all over the years he always aims for a 2nd leg fast goal to seal the victory.

amir_keal 7 years ago
Arsenal, Netherlands 66 2895

Gonzi

you can say paris won against barca and that the ref was at fault for the second game. all you can say about arsenal is why bayern didn't score more goals.....

Disagreed. According to your logic, the ref was at fault for the second game. I could say the same. Whilst I don't believe we should of had a penalty, Laurent surely did not deserve a red card. Guess what? We concede more. If you're gonna disagree with that, then we could say PSG bottled their own loss, and made it a lot easier for Barcelona then it should have been. A lot of their goals were just avoidable. Goal 1 for instance. When a ball bounces back up, it shows that the defending was poor. Tell me what they were doing. I don't know what they were doing, but I do know that it was not because of the referee.

I also don't get why you're always bickering about decisions, your whining won't change the outcome of the result, end off. No point arguing.

Golazo111 7 years ago
Chelsea, Mexico 70 2607

Taking a step back to think about this question leads me to lean on the side of Arsenal. Ill explain why... When we got the draw results and saw Arsenal facing Bayern we already knew that this would end in a very similar fashion as they previous time. Arsenal has gotten worse meanwhile Bayern has gotten better and hungrier. This alone already had Arsenal as a clear underdog and not a match that was even close to being even. Barca PSG was very even before being played. Arsenal went in with 0 expectations and got smashed the first leg, embarrassing but it tends to happen when you face Bayern, just ask Hamburg.
Come second leg, Arsenal was already eliminated and PSG seriously had more than one foot through the door. PSG threw the game away from stupid tactical decisions to players irresponsibility to be caught partying with Rihanna (Verrati and Matuidi) the night before you face Barca. Arsenal lost before even playing, PSG threw the game away, and frankly its less embarrassing when you expected to get crushed than when you had victory in your grasps and you did everything in your power to throw it away.

Arsenal clearly lost way before the game even started, while PSG could have won. I don't think PSG threw the game away, they were unlucky, 1 own goal, 2 penalties, 1 free kick goal and they got 3 goals in the last 5-7 min of the game adding to the fact that Mascherano fouled Di Maria for a penalty and red card.

Arsenal got a red card at home and just crashed and burned while PSG could almost afford to do nothing for the whole second leg game, basically not only were they damaged by the ref blowing in Barcelonas favor, they were also damaged by the ref not blowing for their own favor as well meaning when it was a shady penalty Barcelona would get it and when it was a clear penalty for PSG they wouldn't get it.

Even so, Barcelona needed a goal in 95th minute, while Arsenal was done before the first leg started and then everyone knew they had no chance in the second leg.
Even if you count in the red card for Arsenal you still don't know if they would be able to score 4 more goals in the second half and concede none while at the same time you only need to count that one penalty for PSG and PSG would have gone through.

In conclusion = PSG no brainer.