Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who would you like to see come to Old Trafford this January?
TheGame 11 years ago
Manchester United 104 1380

Hello guys!

Although SAF has stated that he will most likely not be bringing in anyone this January, we know better than to wholeheartedly take his word! I was just curious as to who you would like to see come to Old Trafford in this transfer window?

I personally would not mind signing a Wanyama or Strootman (holding or a box-to-box midfielder) to provide presence and a cover for Carrick.

Comments
ZeShenanigans 11 years ago
Manchester United, South Korea 3 29

it would be awesome if we sign hummels. Apparently there's a chance that Ronaldo might comeback to man utd, it be great if we signed him again.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Ronaldo
Hummels
Lewandowski
Gotze

devilz 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

SAF said he isn't going to sign anyone until the summer *sigh* but i think Strootman would be an ideal signing. But our main priority is to sign a quality defender. Vidic is injury prone and is getting old, whilst Evans for me hasn't really been up to the 'united' standard... Hummels is over rated, but still would be a good signing i suppose.

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

@ramaboy10
Dafuq.
You need to spend more than 150M to get all these players!

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ Sorry, forgot to add one of the above!

TheGame 11 years ago

@ramaboy10, so pretty much the entire Borussia Dortmund squad? lol 

TheGame 11 years ago

@devilz, I certainly believe Evans has been pretty decent of late. He has definitely matured as a defender. But don't you think we should wait to see if Ferdinand does indeed leave United before bringing in another quality half-back? Let's not forget we have Jones and Smalling to fill the void if there is one. 

TheGame 11 years ago

@ZeShenanigans, I would love to see Ronaldo back. Can you imagine a Rooney, RVP, and CR7 partnership? That would be devastating. Hummels is an interesting prospect though, because many believe he is the best halfback in the world at the moment. I tend to be a bit skeptical, because I didn't really see him perform well at the Euro 2012 last summer, especially in the game against Italy. Subotic or Garay is someone who I think we'll get; a defender that is not the finished product, but top class nonetheless. 

devilz 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 47 670

I must admit, Evans has been performing very well of late. As for Rio, well i think he has got really slow, and he has lost it abit. I think Jones and Smalling have the potential to be world class though, so yeah.

DonAndres 11 years ago
Barcelona 62 1138

HUMMELS is overrateeed???????

Jeffrey_Hazard 11 years ago
Chelsea, France 81 456

buy the whole dortmund squad

serious mode:a cb and a cm

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

^ Only Chelsea would do that..

Tuanis 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 86 2310

the only player man utd really needs is a defensive midfielder to go side by side with carrick but one who can also play as a center back, man utd have been very mediocre in the defense and a player like the one i described would be just perfect for the team's main needs. De Rossi would be just perfect

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Tuanis Yes De Rossi would be perfect, but Hummels can mature into it as well. I believe he's only 22-23, and he constantly tends to send up brilliant long balls to Reus, Gotze, Lewandowski, etc. He also tends to have fantastic vision for a CB, a sight rarely seen in the game. I think that due to the fact that Hummels is several years younger than De Rossi, Hummels would be a better option.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

And knowing the fact that De Rossi has spent his entire career at Roma, and that he's looking forward to inheriting the captain's armband from Totti, I doubt he will leave Roma, even if it is for United. Hummels on the other hand, would be rather interested in playing in the EPL, especially when he could be a starter at Manchester United of all teams.

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

CDM's are the best midfielders you can get... excellent passers, excellent defenders...

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

@Falconryman1: LOL!

tdot2barca 11 years ago
Assyriska FF, Brazil 35 956

Hummels, Ronaldo, Cicinho, Ignacio Camacho. <-- these would be all extremely effective signings for MU.

Heisinburg 11 years ago
Manchester United 67 1516

I don't think anyone will come in -  It's not in SAF's blood to bring players during January as he thinks that it's a bad time of the season for new players to quickly adapt to United's style. Having Hummels and Lewandowski is risky, and Kagawa set an example of that (not adapting to United's style fast enough). However, if he's desperate, then it will probably be Strootman, cos we're in desperate need for a quality defensive midfielder. And yes, not Hummels - he is hilariously overrated.