Forum
{{ post.commentCount }}

Didn't find anything.

{{ searchResult.errors[0] }}

Who would win? The 20 EPL teams vs. the 20 La Liga teams
Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Okay guys, here's the deal. If we pitted the EPL and La Liga teams against each other (which means 1st faces 1st, and 16th faces 16th) in home-away two legged matches, who would win and why? You choose. And here's the tables from last season. Points collected last season are in brackets. And if you want, you can only comment on the fixtures of the team you support.

1. Real Madrid (100) vs. Man City (89)
  2. Barcelona (91) vs. Man United (89)
  3. Valencia (61) vs. Arsenal (70)
  4. Malaga (58) vs. Tottenham (69)
  5. Atletico (56) vs. Newcastle (65)
  6. Levante (55) vs. Chelsea (64)
  7. Osasuna (54) vs. Everton (56)
  8. Mallorca (52) vs. Liverpool (52)
  9. Sevilla (50) vs. Fulham (52)
  10. Bilbao (49) vs. West Brom (47)
  11. Getafe (47) vs. Swansea (47)
  12. Sociedad (47) vs. Norwich (47)
  13. Betis (47) vs. Sunderland (45)
  14. Espanyol (46) vs. Stoke (45)
  15. Rayo (43) vs. Wigan (43)
  16. Zaragoza (43) vs. Aston Villa (38)
  17. Granada (42) vs. QPR (37)
  18. Villareal (41) vs. Bolton (36)
  19. Sporting (37) vs. Blackburn (31)
  20. Racing (27) vs. Wolves (25)
Comments
Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

ACTUALLY! Let's switch it up a bit. Let's make it

Atletico vs. Chelsea and Levante vs. Newcastle

This way we can make it more fair, and pit the two physical and aggressive teams against each other.

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

Real Madrid
Barcelona
Valencia
Tottenham
Atletico Madrid
NewCastle Uniited
Everton
Liverpool
Sevilla
Athletic Bilbao
Swansea City
Real Sociedad
Real Betis
Stoke City
Wigan Athletic
Real Zaragoza
QPR
Bolton
Blackburn Rovers
Racing Club Santander

LA LIGA (10 )
EPL ( 10 )

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

I don't see how this is fair. The Levante vs France team is fair, but facing a team that has already raped us... Not so fair. We are changing eras and have a shitty manager while Atletico are in their modern golden age. Some other matches are a bit unfair as well. I see Madrid beating ManCity. Barcelona beating ManUtd. Arsenal beating Valencia. Tottenham beats Malaga. Going from on there it can get a bit more difficult to predict.

naman93 11 years ago
Real Madrid 82 859

@vendetta : take it as a healthy exercise ... :)

Vendetta 11 years ago
Chelsea FC, Egypt 202 3025

I suppose I can do that. Newcastle beats Levante. Atletico beats Chelsea. Then from the rest I can't judge because I don't know the other teams in La Liga :P.

GunnerAFC 11 years ago
Arsenal, England 47 1026

I feel sorry for any Spanish team that has to go up against Stoke. 

Stoke are what is wrong with football today. 

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Vendetta

Arsenal can't beat Valencia. You see the problem is that Arsenal lack stability and consistency in their team. I wouldn't rule of the Gunners beating Valencia at the Emirates, but at the Mestaya, even Chelsea and Man United were held to a 1-1 draw. Also, Valencia are VERY solid at the back and clinical at the front. You can see for yourself. They've held both Barca and Madrid to a 1-1 draw at home, so I don't expect them to lose to Arsenal in a two-legged affair.

Lodatz 11 years ago
Tottenham Hotspur, England 150 4992

Valencia also were thrashed 3-0 at Stamford Bridge. :p

I'm not picking on them, but, it seems a strange call to say that they are terribly solid at the back, when Madrid put 5 past them in a single half. I don't think they'd be able to cope with the pace of Walcott, Podolski and Giroud.

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

Well, Madrid face them every season at least twice. You'd expect them to know Valencia's weaknesses inside out. And you people are (again) underestimating the teams in Spain. *sigh* :(

Lodatz 11 years ago

How do you know you're not underestimating the teams in England?

Saying that Arsenal lack consistency is all well and good, but then, don't the teams they play against know their weaknesses better than Valencia?

Valencia's weakness in that game against Real was a slow, sluggish defense. Real have pacey forwards that ripped them to shreds. I say again: I don't think they'd cope with Walcott and Podolski. Also, one thing about Arsenal's defense, is it plays in a very, well, Spanish way. That's why a lot of PL teams have been breaching them. They try to play the La Liga way.

So... wouldn't that make it easier for them to cope with Valencia's attack?

Again, not trying to pick on them, but, all you're saying is that we 'clearly don't know enough about Valencia'. Okay, tell us why they'd win, other than the fact they managed to get a draw against a Real Madrid who lost to Granada..?

Lodatz 11 years ago

In fact, I just noticed that Valencia have had 35 goals scored against them, this season. That's 1.6 a game. Only 5 teams in the whole league have let in more. 

Are you sure that defense is water-tight? O.o

ramaboy10 11 years ago
Mauritius 285 6463

Premier League.... more variety of stringer teams

United_Hates_Blues 11 years ago
Manchester United, England 14 985

We all know Barca and Real would give the EPL a good run maybe even dominate #BARCA. So I would pick a team like Atletico Madrid with tempo and pace for my wildcard. 

Dynastian98 11 years ago
Real Madrid 483 7140

@Lodatz You have a very valid point, but in Europe, Valencia has only conceded 5 goals in 6 games, and they were in a group with Bayern and Lille to boot. This proves that Valencia polish their defense in preparation for the big games. Also, they've tied Real 1-1 (and then lost 0-5 at home -.-) and lost to Barca 0-1 and then tied them 1-1 at home.

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@ Lodatz, thats an insignificant stat. Shalke 04 have let in 31 goals but managed to beat Arsenal 2-0 at the Emirates. So your little stat is useless in a real game. And as Dynastian stated we have kept decent scored versus top teams, 1-1 1-0 Barca, 1-1 1-1 Madrid, 1-0 Atletico, 1-1 2-1 Bayern. So when it comes to big games we actually manage to step it up.

knibis 11 years ago
Valencia, Sweden 181 2500

Well i think if the PL team would play in La Liga they would have some harsh times. 
If I were to move Sevilla, Atletico, Valencia to PL im positive they would compete for the title or atleast CL places. and I like that someone said something like Everton would beat all teams but barca and real in La Liga.. statements like that just comes to show how little knowlege to the sport that is football that person had.

One of the major reason people are underrating the current official highest ranking league in the world is that they dont know the quality of the players in the teams cuz they dont follow the league. You cant just go around assuming stuff. +spanish teams has extreamly better academies than england....

I would never rank Arsenal higher than for example Valencia.

So fun seeing people try to draw their own little conclusions even though many people on this forum only watches one league, PL...

@Lodatz I like how you are judgeing a team by induvidial matches. Thats like saying Apoel from Cyprus is better than Lyon for beating them in CL last year. I dont think Apoel would be high up in league 1 if Lyon and Apoel switched places.

ramaboy: "Premier League.... more variety of stringer teams". You base that on what??

Didnt England have 2 teams into the 2nd round in CL both this year and last year??

And also where is Bundesliga in all this. That league has a real good quality on the middle teams. Just because the players hasnt got as common names for PL viewer doesn't mean that they are worse.

Lodatz 11 years ago

@knibis: How exactly is pointing out that Valencia have the 14th worst defensive record in La Liga the same as 'judging a team by individual matches'?

Why aren't you countering the point made about Walcott and Podolski's pace? 

Also:

"One of the major reason people are underrating the current official highest ranking league in the world is that they dont know the quality of the players in the teams cuz they dont follow the league. You cant just go around assuming stuff. +spanish teams has extreamly better academies than england...."

The only reason that the league has the highest coefficient at all, is because of Barcelona. Also, that coefficient is from 2011, and has not even taken into account Chelsea's CL victory. 

You may be positive that Valencia, Sevilla and Atletico would compete for the PL title, but I'm just as positive this is the silliest thing you have yet said. (well, okay, not as bad as the 50+ Michus comment, but close).

You can't just go around making stuff up. We won't let you get away with it. This is why we fight.

Lodatz 11 years ago

@raimondo: It's not a useless stat at all. You cannot claim that your defense is 'very solid' when it has the 14th worst record in the league. Schalke may well have beaten Arsenal 2-0. I think it was knibis himself who said that 'individual games' don't mean anything.

I say again: VALENCIA'S DEFENSE WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO COPE WITH THE PACE OF ARSENAL'S ATTACK.

You don't agree? Explain why, rather that trying to attack me just because I've pointed out that your defense sucks. 

raimondo90 11 years ago
Valencia, Argentina 89 2492

@Lodats, as for stating my stats we played Bayern TWICE. The exact team Arsenal will face. Tell me more about dealing with pace when bayern have one of the most leathal attacks. Robben Ribery Muller Gomez. Yeah we managed to keeo them at bay. I think we would handle Podolski Cazorla Walcott just fine. 

Lodatz 11 years ago

"Yeah we managed to keeo them at bay."

Good for you. Did you know that Spurs held Man Utd to a 1-1 draw only a few weeks back. Goodness me, is that a sign that the Spurs defense is the best in the country, since Man Utd have the best attack in the country?

Or, is it an individual game?

You can't have it both ways. Either individual games matter, in which case Chelsea were the best team in Europe last year, and Valencia get thrashed by Real 5-0, OR, we're looking at overall performance and consistency, in which case Valencia have the 14th worse defensive record in Spain.

Pick one. 

But I'm not going to argue something when you keep bouncing between them to avoid admitting that Valencia are pretty damn shaky at the back; something that Arsenal in particular are very good at exploiting.

If you're going to try and tell me that if Bayern thrash Arsenal, but 'only' got a 1-1 draw with Valencia, this shows that Valencia would clearly beat Arsenal, then I've got news for you: this means Granada are better than the same Real Madrid who whooped you up with the pace of THEIR forwards.

It's not an insult to your team, for heaven's sake. It's just frickin' reality.